Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List (17414 Views)

Nigerians In Diaspora Ask Buhari To Disband Cabinet / "Return Home, Things Are Changing In Nigeria" - FG Tells Nigerians In Diaspora / Boko Haram Kills Ugo Uruakpa, A Soldier, In Maiduguri (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by AlexReports(m): 9:54am On Mar 01, 2018
Some highly renowned political scholars and thinkers have come out with a nearly unmistakable assertion about Diaspora Igbos in America, Europe and other parts of the world.

In this very definitive conclusion, these social and political academic giants told those, who care to know that the Igbos in Diaspora are the big brains of Igbo extraction, who hold the key to Igbo political administration and preferred economic sustainability.

It is their candid opinion that the Igbo people should use their diaspora sons and daughters, who are abreast with the political realities and economic challenges of the present Nigeria to fill all political space in Igbo States.

In full adherence to the advice of these Igbo intellectual personalities, we initiated a meticulous but an expeditious search for Igbo Big Brains in Diaspora.
Our searchlight has methodically spotted an intellectually sophisticated and incorruptible Igbo Personality, whose placid manner and silent political activism will attract your attention.

Ndigbo, meet one of your sons, Chief Barr Mike Merenini. He lives in the United kingdom.

Chief Barr. Mike Ugo Merenini Esq, a Solicitor and Advocate of the Supreme court of Nigeria; Group Chairman M-99 International Ltd comprising interests in integrated farming, shipping, importation, printing & publishing, clearing & storage of goods and general merchandise; President, MIKENINI Consultancy Services UK.  
Chief Bar Merenini was born into the family of late Duru Michael Chiaka Merenini (Mbuba Ekwueme) and late Lolo Harriet Ngawunwa Merenini of Umuogida Emeke Obibiezena in the present Owerri North L.G.A of Imo State Nigeria.

He attended Development Primary School and later St. Peter’s Primary School, both in Obibiezena where he obtained the Primary School certificate. For his secondary education, he attended Community Comprehensive Secondary School Egbu, Owerri and Igbobi College, Yaba Lagos where he obtained both WASC and HSC/A’ level G.C.E respectively.
He graduated from Imo State University Okigwe (the present Abia State University) in 1989 with LL.B (Hons.). Next, he attended the prestigious Nigeria Law School Victoria Island, Lagos Nigeria and having satisfied all academic requirements, was admitted in 1990 to the Nigerian Bar as a Solicitor & Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria. 
He worked briefly with the Federal Ministry of Justice as a State counsel handling intricate matters for the Federal Government of Nigeria including the celebrated case of ABN VS FGN before joining the chambers of D.O.K.C Ihekuna & Co. (Legal Practitioners and Notaries Public) as Associate partner. 

In the quest for further knowledge, Mike U. Merenini Esq. travelled to Germany where he undertook a post graduate course in speech writing, and computer programming/networking at the Media Design Akademie Regensburg Germany. 
At the untimely death of his first wife Irmgard, he married Mrs Maryann Ihuoma Merenini and the marriage is blessed with 4 lovely children, all schooling in the United Kingdom. His first son Bobby Chikezie is presently an undergraduate student at Duke University in North Carolina, USA studying Astrophysics.
It was while working at the Federal Ministry of Justice that Mr. Merenini in conjunction with High Chief Mike Ozekhome, SAN and other fellow legal practitioners founded the Universal Defenders of Democracy (UDD), a human rights organisation based in Lagos Nigeria. He is the author of “Blame African Leaders”, a political satire about the political developments in Nigeria and Africa; UN & undemocratic use of veto. He is a former Chairman of APGA in the U.K & Northern Ireland and also an active member of Obibiezena Union, UK.

Mr. Mike Ugo. Merenini has contributed immensely to the development of his community, Obibiezena. While in legal practice, he offered free legal representations to most Obibiezena indigenes that required his services. Before philanthropy became a “big business”, he, in his quiet nature has assisted and continues till this day to assist indigent students of Obibiezena with their school fees and other school necessities. Most widows, the aged and the very poor in his community will attest to the fact that he has on numerous occasions assisted them in varying ways including but not limited to cash gifts, medications and various needful supplies. He followed the footsteps of his father who provided employment to numerous Obibiezena indigenes at the Nigerian Ports Authority in Lagos. 
Most importantly, he has been a bastion of peace in Obibiezena.
He is of the Anglican faith and is currently a member of the PCC (Parochial Church Council) of St. Peter’s Anglican CoE, Brockley, London UK.

http://www.alexreports.info/2018/02/this-month-on-igbos-big-brains-in.html?m=0

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by MeanChris(m): 10:27am On Mar 01, 2018
IGBO

AMAKA!!

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by soberdrunk(m): 10:03pm On Mar 01, 2018
Once election is around the corner there is nothing we will not hear, to what end is all this hype? angry

11 Likes

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by nototribalist: 10:04pm On Mar 01, 2018
What's all this Igbo this Igbo that,. Ndi ofe nmanu obu gini Biko nu??

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by NwaAmaikpe: 10:04pm On Mar 01, 2018
shocked

This is the only type of list I want to find my name in.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 01, 2018
I don't understand this article. What happened to him? Did he achieve anything? Why should we be bothered?

This is such a shameless plug, Alex, and I spit on you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by osemoses1234(m): 10:05pm On Mar 01, 2018
Clear Dem let Dem no
Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by BabyApple(m): 10:05pm On Mar 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by omoadeleye(m): 10:06pm On Mar 01, 2018
we know
Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by obaataaokpaewu: 10:06pm On Mar 01, 2018
Barr. Mike Ugo Merenini for Governor Imo State 2019

4 Likes

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by Soulvoda(m): 10:06pm On Mar 01, 2018
The most problem we are facing in our country mostly comes from diaspora, that came bk to nigeria for a political post without really knw what we are passing through. In all baba i wish u well.

3 Likes

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by Teadavid23(m): 10:06pm On Mar 01, 2018
Lol
Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by nototribalist: 10:06pm On Mar 01, 2018
KOPT55:
I don't understand this article. What happened to him? Did he achieve anything? Why should we be bothered?

why are you angry?? Na Buhari do you so channel your spit to Aso Rock

4 Likes

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by ElChidi: 10:07pm On Mar 01, 2018

5 Likes

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by achiever12: 10:08pm On Mar 01, 2018
Fs
Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by arthurflex(m): 10:10pm On Mar 01, 2018
Igbo ndi Oma n'egenti, ekenekwaam unu oo! cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by Delivar(m): 10:12pm On Mar 01, 2018
I am Igbo but why every time Igbo this Igbo that. No other tribe in Nigeria makes too much noise and overhype themselves. Go to south east and see how desolate the place is and I keep wondering what the hype is all about.

10 Likes

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by nkwuocha: 10:12pm On Mar 01, 2018
Good

But there are better qualified igbos all over the world.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2018
nototribalist:
why are you angry?? Na Buhari do you so channel your spit to Aso Rock

What has Buhari got to do with this shameless plug of an article?

I spit on you as well.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by kn23h(m): 10:14pm On Mar 01, 2018
So what has he achieved or am I missing something? undecided
Big brain indeed.

1 Like

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by livebynite: 10:15pm On Mar 01, 2018
Will he reduce the price of garri? angry
Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by InvertedHammer: 10:15pm On Mar 01, 2018
For some reasons...when someone is introduced as "Chief...", it makes mockery of the whole thing considering the fact that everyone is now a Chief.

/

1 Like

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 01, 2018
The caption alone purged me. What tha heck is Igbo Big Brain?

Naira land needs to vet and edit stories before they are posted for clarity sake.

You guys are killing grammar softly here.

6 Likes

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by ZombieBuster: 10:19pm On Mar 01, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is the only type of list I want to find my name in.

But you are working tirelessly to put your name on the list of nairaland jesters

5 Likes

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 01, 2018
KOPT55:

Alex gat to chop na grin

The mistake Igbos continue to make (and it's perhaps the major reason why they're still not close to putting one of their own inside Aso Rock) is that they view and interprete any individual achievement of theirs through a lens of tribalism.

If an Igbo son/daughter achieves anything, they immediately start saying that he/she was only able to do it because of the 'superior' igbo genes in his/her body.

Igbo kwenu! Get over yourselves and become Nigerians in truth so that your kids can, too. It's not only about being Igbo, we're all just human beings, after all is said and done!

6 Likes

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 01, 2018
Gaba nu n'iru. Anyi kwu nnu n'azu. Odiri onyeukwu nma ka odikwara onyenta nma.
Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 01, 2018
sophoccles:

Alex gat to chop na grin

The mistake Igbos continue to make (and it's perhaps the major reason why they're still not close to putting one of their own inside Aso Rock) is that the view and interprete any individual achievement of theirs through a lens of tribalism.

If an Igbo son/daughter achieves anything, they immediately start saying that he/she was only able to do it because of the 'superior' igbo genes in his/her body.

I really get tired of all the chest beating emanating from our quarters. For real, every ethnic group in Nigeria is high-achieving, at least to an extent. The Afonjas have us beat in every human development/financial well-being/education indice but you don't see them beating their chests like crazed Orangutans high on PCP.

5 Likes

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 01, 2018
Delivar:
I am Igbo but why every time Igbo this Igbo that. No other tribe in Nigeria makes too much noise and overhype themselves. Go to south east and see how desolate the place is and I keep wondering what the hype is all about.
How is your place?

2 Likes

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by ClumsyFlimsy: 10:29pm On Mar 01, 2018
Seconded

Igbos in diaspora need to help take ndigbo to the next level

Let us rise above this shit hole Nigeria

Igbo amaka

1 Like

Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by Tjohnnay: 10:30pm On Mar 01, 2018
Ok
Re: Mike Ugo Merenini Tops Igbos Big Brains In Diaspora List by Tjohnnay: 10:30pm On Mar 01, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jarvis Johnson, US Lawmaker, Calls For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release / Vice President Kashim Shettima Receives Traditional Title In Anambra / Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.