Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range (14141 Views)

Tips On Buying A Used Mercedes Benz Car - The Pros And Cons / Mercedes-Benz Unveils It's 1st All-electric Car,It Will Go 200mi On Full Charge / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by Automotive1(m): 9:56pm On Mar 01, 2018

Jaguar's first ever electric car has finally been revealed.The launch demonstrated the incredible performance of the I-Pace as it was pitted against two Tesla Model Xs in a 0-60mph and back to zero challenge in footage from Mexico City.

The electric jaguar topped its US rival thanks to a 0-60mph time of just 4.5 seconds, its twin 394bhp motors and powerful brakes.

The much-anticipated model has gone through 200 prototypes, been tested by 500 engineers, driven 1.5million miles and endured 11,000 hours of machine testing.

As Jaguar's first ever electric car it doesn't come cheap with prices starting from £63,495.

But that gets you some seriously impressive kit, including a 298-mile battery that'll charge to 80% capacity on a 50kW charger in 1hr 25min while 30min charge will give 80 miles of range.

The model is also compatible with 100kW public(ultra-fast)chargers, which will give an 80% charge in 40min. At home, a 7kW wall box will charge the battery from 0% to 80% in 10 hours.

The I-Pace measures 4682mm long with a wheelbase of 2990mm.
The clever EV will load personal settings to give you an accurate range based on how you drive.

Other personal preferences like temperature, music and seat position are also saved by the I-Pace's artificial intelligence so it can set the car up when it senses your key approaching.

The I-Pace is also fitted with Amazon Alexa so you can ask any Alexa device for information about the car that's stored in Jaguar's remote app.That includes if the car is locked, what the charging status is and if you have enough range to get to work.

It'll also remind you if you forget your phone in the car, suggest contacts to call, pre-heat your car before the morning commute and even control your home's heating, lights and doors.

In a Jaguar first, there's also over-the-air wireless software updates so owners will get the latest tech without having to visit a dealer.

The new car is on sale right now with several trim levels depending on how much you're willing to spend.

The CEO of Jaguar Land Rover said "Where other companies talk about the future, we build it.

"We have torn up the rule book to create the newest member of the Pace family, the all-electric Jaguar I-Pace.

"With zero tailpipe emissions, no CO2 and no particulates, it moves us dramatically closer to our vision of a clean, safe and sustainable future."

What do you think?

Source https://autojosh.com/jaguar-unveil-first-ever-electric-carthe-395bhp-pace-298-mile-range/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by mammanbawa: 10:53pm On Mar 01, 2018
Interior looks so much like the velars.

3 Likes

Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by Aldebaran(m): 1:51am On Mar 02, 2018
Electric cars are gradually taken over the roads of developed and developing countries...

I hope Nigeria wakes up b4 it's too late grin

9 Likes

Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by seanswitch(m): 6:44am On Mar 02, 2018
The advent of electric cars is a good thing for the environmental and the future. Bad for OPEC grin

16 Likes

Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by stevesleeky: 6:45am On Mar 02, 2018
Nice. Good for Nigerian environment. Let oil marketers go kill themselves

2 Likes

Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by Suko110(m): 6:47am On Mar 02, 2018
Jaguar again, dats how my neighbor acquired one ,months later one pad like dat went bad and he need to buy all for #200k nah so my man park d car for like 6months ooo. Hope dis one is cost efficient?

1 Like

Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 02, 2018
In these parts we still dey find oil hahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by SpaceAngel: 6:53am On Mar 02, 2018
the main thing that caught my attention is the charger, 50Kilowatt!!! shocked shocked It is not going to work well here if nothing is done about electricity. If it has to be charged with gen, then it should be some real big big gen.

6 Likes

Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by Pavore9: 6:58am On Mar 02, 2018
seanswitch:
The advent of electric cars is a good thing for the environmental and the future. Bad for OPEC grin

While FG is pumping in resources in exploring for oil deposits.

10 Likes

Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by seanswitch(m): 7:02am On Mar 02, 2018
Pavore9:

While FG is pumping in resources in exploring for oil deposits.

Countries without vision or visionary leaders won't succeed in this present world.

With technology on top speed, we may never be able to catch-up with the first world at this pace of cluelessness and lack of vision

16 Likes

Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by Yoshy: 7:06am On Mar 02, 2018
My Love for Jaquar is spiritual

1 Like

Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by sexyking1: 7:13am On Mar 02, 2018
If it's coming to nigeria, they should make sure they produce power bank. Otherwise, ayam not buying.

2 Likes

Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by Kenneto1(m): 7:15am On Mar 02, 2018
Not to buy it but to maintain it

1 Like

Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by Kingsley10000: 7:20am On Mar 02, 2018
NIGER DELTA GO SOON DRINK THEIR OIL

1 Like

Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by udi4eva(m): 7:41am On Mar 02, 2018
And some where in the west africa, a country still feels the best investment is spending billions to look for oil in the chad basin.

9 Likes

Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by rottenPussy: 7:43am On Mar 02, 2018
Unveil it however you like, I no get money to buy that one now undecided

To car experts, please what fancy car, with navigation system can I get at the range of 1.5-1.8, and with good fuel economy?

In addition, if any Nissan Teana user sees this, please mention me, I av some questions to ask before I put money on the car.

Thank you.
Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 02, 2018
stevesleeky:
Nice. Good for Nigerian environment. Let oil marketers go kill themselves
Honestly I dey with you jare, I can those rogues go hang themselves. They don too suffer us
Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by Lumig: 7:53am On Mar 02, 2018
yeyerolling:
In these parts we still dey find oil hahahaha
Oil exploration is not only meant for petrol, there are MANY products obtained from crude not only CAR PETROL
Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by Josh44s(m): 7:54am On Mar 02, 2018
rottenPussy:
Unveil it however you like, I no get money to buy that one now undecided

To car experts, please what fancy car, with navigation system can I get at the range of 1.5-1.8, and with good fuel economy?

In addition, if any Nissan Teana user sees this, please mention me, I av some questions to ask before I put money on the car.

Thank you.

I will advice you go for a Toyota Corolla Le. Best car for Nigerian road with good fuel economy. If you can save a little more up to 2.1m then you are good to go with Toyota Corolla S 2007 full option. It’s what I drive. I guarantee you, it’s so comfortable.
Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by Expl0rers: 7:56am On Mar 02, 2018
this is nice

Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by pythonkid(m): 8:03am On Mar 02, 2018
Money for spider ( Toyota Camry 07) its like this ppl want to be buhari in life
Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by dirtyhokage(m): 8:04am On Mar 02, 2018
Aldebaran:
Electric cars are gradually taken over the roads of developed and developing countries...

I hope Nigeria wakes up b4 it's too late grin

Can you wake a dead man from sleep?
Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by rottenPussy: 8:07am On Mar 02, 2018
Josh44s:

I will advice you go for a Toyota Corolla Le. Best car for Nigerian road with good fuel economy. If you can save a little more up to 2.1m then you are good to go with Toyota Corolla S 2007 full option. It’s what I drive. I guarantee you, it’s so comfortable.
I don't really care about the road. The car won't be used in areas with bad roads.

Toyota corolla 2007 S seem cool, buy I kind of want something with a fancy (big screen) dashboard. Then again, I don't want to jeopardize my savings by going beyond 1.8m.

I just need something fancy with easy to get parts, and reasonable fuel consumption undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by PhevourofGod: 8:14am On Mar 02, 2018
Please help! I urgently need a job in Administrative or Academic field. I live in Lagos,
I have a degree in development related course, with over two years experience in administrative and academic fields.
reach me via mail. Christyhills06@gmail.com
Thanks all!
Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by Reference(m): 8:57am On Mar 02, 2018
[quote author=SpaceAngel post=65487556]the main thing that caught my attention is the charger, 50Kilowatt!!! shocked shocked It is not going to work well here if nothing is done about electricity. If it has to be charged with gen, then it should be some real big big gen.[/quote

That is for commercial applications. They can provide a 10kw home charger for 10 hr to 80% charge. Problem is without PHCN a 20 kva gen will consume more than 50 litres of diesel for that 10 hour run. And only God knows how much that will cost if you put it on PHCN smart meters if power is available. You will probably burn 20,000 naira worth of cards....or more.

I would like to get one, but just for the novelty factor. It remains impractical and grossly uneconomic in Nigeria except you somehow get your electricity free, aka government folks.
Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by Expl0rers: 10:29am On Mar 02, 2018
i cant stop staring at it

Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by backspaced(f): 10:54am On Mar 02, 2018
Vacancy
Elevantix Consulting Limited, is recruiting on behalf of her Client a leading and fast-growing production in snack industry in Nigeria to fill the following position below:
Job Tittle: Sales Representative
Job Type: Full Time
Lagos: Lagos
The primary responsibility of this role is the following: -
To sell the company’s product range to retail outlets in the allotted routes as per visit frequency and route plans approved from time to time, making a minimum of 25 calls per day

Enrol new retailers to expand our distribution and presence in the secondary trade channel.

Conduct detailed market surveys to identify distribution gaps and improve/update route plans.

Ensure consistent availability of our product range at all enrolled retail outlets to prevent stock out situations.

Arrange stocks at retail outlets during each visit to ensure visibility of our products.

Obtain orders from each retailer as per established drop volumes communicate all such orders to the distributor before the end of the day, for timely fulfilment by the distributor monitor distributor’s deliveries to retailers to ensure prompt and complete fulfilment of retailer’s orders

Account for all cash collected from retailers for their orders and hand over this cash to the distributor before the end of the working day and obtain a receipt from the distributor give a daily account to the ASM and hand over the
distributor’s receipt to the ASM.

Candidate must have a Minimum of 3-5 years in FMCG sales in a similar category, out of which the last 2 years should have been at ASM or Sales Executive level in a similar sized company.
Application Closing Date: 15 -03 -2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: recruiter@elevantix.com
Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by Liveair: 11:33am On Mar 02, 2018
Still prefer the Tesla.
The back side of this Jaguar appears to have an identity crisis. It's neither an SUV nor a Hatchback...maybe a crossover.

The Tesla model S interior is also more futuristic yet minimalist.
Re: Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range by jobbers: 11:45am On Mar 02, 2018
oh

(1) (Reply)

Upgrading 03/04 Corolla To 05/06 / 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) / 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.