Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

''Ibrahim Magu Is Going Nowhere'' - Osinbajo Declares - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''Ibrahim Magu Is Going Nowhere'' - Osinbajo Declares (19038 Views)

Osinbajo Declares NBA Virtual Annual Conference Open (Photos) / Magu Is Leaking Memos That Expose Malami's Corruption - Farooq Kperogi / Osinbajo Declares Every Thursday #TaxThursday For Tax Awareness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''Ibrahim Magu Is Going Nowhere'' - Osinbajo Declares by ifyain: 4:37pm On Mar 02, 2018
Nigerians and their stupidity, only strong institutions can fight the so corruption in the country. so if Mr Magu drops dead today does it mean that efcc will be ineffective? he might disagree with the senate on the confirmation issue but the fight against corruption should start with building institutions like internal audit, police, judiciary etc.

1 Like

Re: ''Ibrahim Magu Is Going Nowhere'' - Osinbajo Declares by AngryRebel: 5:03pm On Mar 02, 2018
pejuakinab:
I support Osinbajo on this.
Its a case of corruption fighting back.
House members are bunch of rogues.
U are just making a fool of urself. Corruption fighting back indeed! I wonder why ur master Buhari haven't done any thing abt d grasscutter?

1 Like

Re: ''Ibrahim Magu Is Going Nowhere'' - Osinbajo Declares by pejuakinab: 6:01pm On Mar 02, 2018
AngryRebel:
U are just making a fool of urself. Corruption fighting back indeed! I wonder why ur master Buhari haven't done any thing abt d grasscutter?

U must be pained. Ur hatred for buhari has manifested in your statement. I was once a staunch supporter of buhari. Don't get it twisted
Re: ''Ibrahim Magu Is Going Nowhere'' - Osinbajo Declares by bluelaptop: 7:41pm On Mar 02, 2018
dondo83:
. Carding still sure ?

Sure
Re: ''Ibrahim Magu Is Going Nowhere'' - Osinbajo Declares by bluelaptop: 7:42pm On Mar 02, 2018
exlinkleads:

what is carding?

Dey there
Re: ''Ibrahim Magu Is Going Nowhere'' - Osinbajo Declares by Ordilawi: 1:25am On Mar 03, 2018
bluelaptop:
Nigeria is a big Joke

Menh carding is the best time that happened to my life.Grateful

Hello Bluelaptop
Mail me on mycoinsandco@gmail.com
Its urgent.
Re: ''Ibrahim Magu Is Going Nowhere'' - Osinbajo Declares by dondo83(m): 1:02pm On Mar 03, 2018
bluelaptop:

Sure

Let’s relate.... give me your email or no I’ll get across
Re: ''Ibrahim Magu Is Going Nowhere'' - Osinbajo Declares by Cassie74: 5:43pm On Mar 09, 2018
dondo83:

Let’s relate.... give me your email or no I’ll get across

Hi.. went to one fish thread... got your moniker... pls I am just trying to find out if the guy sent you video or link of how you could use an average of 130 to feed each fish to 1kg. Cheers
Re: ''Ibrahim Magu Is Going Nowhere'' - Osinbajo Declares by dondo83(m): 8:17am On Mar 10, 2018
Cassie74:

Hi.. went to one fish thread... got your moniker... pls I am just trying to find out if the guy sent you video or link of how you could use an average of 130 to feed each fish to 1kg. Cheers

No he dint
Re: ''Ibrahim Magu Is Going Nowhere'' - Osinbajo Declares by Deji7474: 9:59am On Mar 10, 2018
Under this Magu, between January and December 2017, EFCC recovered more than N473 billion, $98 million, €7 million, and £294,000
Re: ''Ibrahim Magu Is Going Nowhere'' - Osinbajo Declares by AyubHamza: 10:38am On Mar 10, 2018
Let us make reference to section 171(1) of the Constitution which empowers the President to “appoint persons to hold or act in the offices which this section applies and to remove persons so appointed from any such office’’ did not provide any time limit within which such appointees will cease to act (as in the case of Magu) other than to say such appointee can be removed by the President at his discretion and nothing more. It does not also state that such appointee shall cease to act if the Senate rejects his ‘confirmation’ if any such confirmation is envisaged therein at all.

This position of the Constitution is further underpinned by the provisions of section 11(1) of the Interpretation Act, Cap. 123, LFN, Vol. 8, 2004, which states thus:

"Where an enactment confer a power to appoint a person either to an office or to exercise any functions, whether for a specified period or not, the power includes-

Power to appoint a person by name or to appoint the holder from time to time of a particular office;

(b) Power to remove or suspend him;

Power, exercisable in the manner and subject to the limitations and conditions (if any) applicable to the power to appoint-

to reappoint or reinstate him;

to appoint a person to act in his place, either generally or in regard to specified functions, during such time as is considered expedient by the authority in whom the power of appointment in question is vested.

(2) A reference in an enactment to the holder of an office shall be construed as including a reference to a person for the time being appointed to act in his place, either as respects the functions of the office generally or the functions in regard to which he is appointed, as the case may be."

It is also worthy of note to point out that section 153 of the Constitution does not list the EFCC as to make the appointment of its Chairman subject to the provisions of section 154 of the Constitution which requires confirmation by the Senate. These sections of the Constitution are therefore totally inapplicable to the EFCC and the appointment of its Chairman because the position of the law is that the express mention of a thing means the exclusion of that which is not mentioned.

It is apt at this juncture to quote from the treatise of Abraham Lincoln, constitutional lawyer and 16th president of the United States of America, on ‘Constitution, Freedom and Liberty,’ who declared: "don’t interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."

Ibrahim Magu’s continued occupation of the office of the Executive Chairman of the EFCC in an acting capacity after the Senate ‘confirmation rejection’ vis a vis the above constitutional, statutory and judicial position of the law is absolutely legal and therefore gives the lie to the misleading propaganda of the opponents of the anti corruption struggle in our polity. It is also indisputably clear from the foregoing provisions of the law that the President can choose to allow Ibrahim Magu to continue piloting the anti corruption drive of the EFCC in an acting capacity at his own discretion.
Re: ''Ibrahim Magu Is Going Nowhere'' - Osinbajo Declares by Oluwabash(m): 11:10am On Mar 10, 2018
Magu is a Man of integrity who is just too good for the job.

Magu has been outstanding in the fight against corruption, and that his achievements have simply been extremely praiseworthy.

He’s been consistent; he’s committed. He’s a man of high integrity and his productivity has been high.

The only reason they will refuse to confirm him is that they decided to be perverse on this occasion for reasons best known to them. Probably it’s known to everybody,
Re: ''Ibrahim Magu Is Going Nowhere'' - Osinbajo Declares by Oluwabash(m): 11:11am On Mar 10, 2018
Magu is a Man of integrity who is just too good for the job.

Magu has been outstanding in the fight against corruption, and that his achievements have simply been extremely praiseworthy.

He’s been consistent; he’s committed. He’s a man of high integrity and his productivity has been high.

The only reason they will refuse to confirm him is that they decided to be perverse on this occasion for reasons best known to them. Probably it’s known to everybody.

ifyain:
Nigerians and their stupidity, only strong institutions can fight the so corruption in the country. so if Mr Magu drops dead today does it mean that efcc will be ineffective? he might disagree with the senate on the confirmation issue but the fight against corruption should start with building institutions like internal audit, police, judiciary etc.
Re: ''Ibrahim Magu Is Going Nowhere'' - Osinbajo Declares by renod(m): 6:23pm On Aug 11, 2018
bluelaptop:
Nigeria is a big Joke

Menh carding is the best time that happened to my life.Grateful
boss, abeh make we talk onto that carding tutorial or eBook....abegbdrop your email or number
Re: ''Ibrahim Magu Is Going Nowhere'' - Osinbajo Declares by bodmasfem(m): 7:04pm On Aug 11, 2018
PDP fake news
Re: ''Ibrahim Magu Is Going Nowhere'' - Osinbajo Declares by hmuhammad(m): 6:26am On Aug 12, 2018
OfficialAwol:
He's going nowhere? No need, because soon both you, Buhari and your stop Magu, who is your vendetta boy, will be kicked out.
you mean from biafra? Magu is the EFCC chairman of Nigeria and not EFCC chairman of Biafra...... Millions of votes from North and west will make us win come 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Datti, Okowa, Utomi, Aisha Yesufu And Others To Speak At LP, PDP US Protest. / Tinubu & CSU: We Don’t Have Time For Frivolous Issues – Yusuf Tuggar / Shettima Has The Best 2019 Campaign Dance? Scatters Rally With Dancing Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.