Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

I Wish I Can Go To Western School Like Any Other Child, Says 11-year-old Usman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Wish I Can Go To Western School Like Any Other Child, Says 11-year-old Usman (383 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Usman Umar Belel Killed During Shiite Protest In Abuja / Shiites Kill Usman Umar Belel, Deputy Commissioner Of Police (Photo) / Waris Kareem, 11-Year-Old Draws President Macron At The Fela Shrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wish I Can Go To Western School Like Any Other Child, Says 11-year-old Usman by OyiboUgbo04: 1:04pm On Mar 02, 2018
Islam Usman Ya’u, an 11-year-old Almajiri, has aired his desire to go to a conventional school like any other child, so that he can become a teacher.

Ya’u who is from Katsina State said on Friday that his parents brought him to Kaduna to learn the Qura’n at an almajiri school in Hayin Dan Mani.

The boy who spoke in Hausa said, he likes the almajiri school but dislikes begging and would want to acquire western education so that one day he can teach in his village.

“I don’t enjoy begging but had to do it out of necessity because that is the only way I can feed myself.

“Whenever I am out to beg, I see children who are my mate, wearing uniforms, with school bags and their lunch boxes, some of them speaking English which I don’t understand.

“I want to go to school too, so that I can learn how to write and speak English because I want to become a teacher in my village”, he said.

When asked if he was aware of the child protection and welfare law passed in Kaduna State aimed at providing sound education, health and protect children from exploitation and other vices, Ya’u said he wasn’t aware of it.

“I am not aware of any law protecting us, as you can see there are many of my kind roaming the streets begging for alms.

“However, I want to plead with the government to ensure the implementation of the law as it would favour me and others who have dream of becoming leaders of tomorrow.”

NAN reports that the Child Protection and Welfare Bill was passed into law on February 8, by the Kaduna State House of Assembly. (NAN)

Rosemary Okafor
2/3/2018

http://easternreporter.com/2018/03/02/wish-can-go-western-school-like-child-says-11-year-old-almajiri/
Re: I Wish I Can Go To Western School Like Any Other Child, Says 11-year-old Usman by bugidon(m): 1:17pm On Mar 02, 2018
I pity all these almajiri children. They are suffering from the ignorance of their parents and leaders respectively. I wonder why nothern muslims encourage such evil. You can never see this kind of stupidity among yoruba muslims or other muslim countries. This is why violence and terrorism is increasing rapidly in the north. God help the innocent child achieve his dreams cry
Re: I Wish I Can Go To Western School Like Any Other Child, Says 11-year-old Usman by chuksjuve(m): 1:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
I feel your pains but your leaders are your greatest undoing.

They send their wards overseas to get the best of western education but they fund some miscreants to front as Biko haram to destroy any trace of western education and deprive you of what can transform your lives.

A southerner built several schools for you to bridge that illiteracy and literacy gap but your leaders called him an infidel and made sure he was voted out of office ..

You lots are Just political tools and statistics for election in your region, anything aside that you are just a waste ..

Your leaders can threaten INEC officials to register you despite being under aged, but can't threaten or champion a good course to make sure you are enlightened..

My dear, hold your leaders accountable ..
They are your problems..

Enough said.

Brother and sisters let's pray for these people in our prayers ..
Re: I Wish I Can Go To Western School Like Any Other Child, Says 11-year-old Usman by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 02, 2018
Lack of sound education for a child is worse than slavery
Re: I Wish I Can Go To Western School Like Any Other Child, Says 11-year-old Usman by Turantula(m): 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2018
what happened to Ismalic schools in yemen and saudi arabia where there is sharia law you love so much

1 Like

Re: I Wish I Can Go To Western School Like Any Other Child, Says 11-year-old Usman by shallysgirl: 3:59pm On Mar 02, 2018
Almajiris, the first class cirizens of nijieria grin

(1) (Reply)

Army Disburses N19m To 95 Widows Of Fallen Heroes In Enugu / Nigerian Gov't Identifies 130,000 Individual, Firms Culpable Of Tax Underpayment / Can Anambra Ever Mean Business Like Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.