Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture (28991 Views)

Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. / A Typical Face-me-i-face-you Occupants / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by uuzba(m): 8:19pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mindfulness:
I grew up around Westerners who were raised in a different way. My parents were extremely strict but the other kids were more responsible than me. I changed with time but I know that I will raise my kids differently 'cause not trusting your kids and being over-controlling does not lead to the desired results. The Nigerian society is proof of that.

When in Rome, do as the Romans.
-
Western contries have benefit system to cater for jobless/homeless adults. An adult is one who is 18yrs and above. Parents are only responsible for their kids till 18yrs. After that the Child can go and find job and live on their own. No matter how E bad reach, the child can always collect benefit from government.
It pays for such parents to do Friend-friend with their kids.
-
in Nigeria, there is no benefit, no social care. Nothing. Your parents continue remaining responsible for you till you whatever age you can start paying your own house rent and generally f**k off from the home. So you better obey and respect them otherwise they fling you out to the main road where you will grow Dada hair ad slowly deteriorate like many of the mad people you see walking around in Lagos. Nobody cares about them.
-
NOBODY.

4 Likes

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by Suko110(m): 8:19pm On Mar 02, 2018
No 4, nah salvage..... especially wen dem code say u dey fu*k or dem catch u, just forget nah family meeting

1 Like

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by CHAVINCI: 8:20pm On Mar 02, 2018
if i like lemme move away from home for 900 years,as long as i am visiting my parents,immediately i just step in and greet them,there must be back of pot waiting for me to shine,my mum wee just order me to the kitchen.

2 Likes

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 02, 2018
uuzba:

When in Rome, do as the Romans.
-
Western contries have benefit system to cater for jobless/homeless adults. An adult is one who is 18yrs and above. Parents are only responsible for their kids till 18yrs. After that the Child can go and find job and live on their own. No matter how E bad reach, the child can always collect benefit from government.
It pays for such parents to do Friend-friend with their kids.
-
in Nigeria, there is no benefit, no social care. Nothing. Your parents continue remaining responsible for you till you whatever age you can start paying your own house rent and generally f**k off from the home. So you better obey and respect them otherwise they fling you out to the main road where you will grow Dada hair ad slowly deteriorate like many of the mad people you see walking around in Lagos. Nobody cares about them.
-
NOBODY.

First of all, I never said that the parents of those kids I grew up with were doing friend-friend with them. This is a misconception that you have there. Frankly speaking, I did not know and still don't know any parents here who do friend-friend with their children. I am not saying they do not exist but I claim they are the exception.

And your f*ck off from home when you are 18 is another misconception. Nobody tells their children to f*ck off from home unless they are some dysfunctional family.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by Nackzy: 8:42pm On Mar 02, 2018
My Mum be like you must Marry someone she knows the parent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by ebenholer(m): 8:43pm On Mar 02, 2018
Telling ur Mum or Dad that dont be silly when they are about behaving foolishly.

3 Likes

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by FreemanDeBoss: 8:51pm On Mar 02, 2018
That privacy issue can tire me eeh... embarassed
They will be like what's the title of the movie... undecided
As if they want to join you... shocked
I
Fear
Them

2 Likes

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by blackjack21(m): 8:52pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mindfulness:
I grew up around Westerners who were raised in a different way. My parents were extremely strict but the other kids were more responsible than me. I changed with time but I know that I will raise my kids differently 'cause not trusting your kids and being over-controlling does not lead to the desired results. The Nigerian society is proof of that.

It's all started from the home

1 Like

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by blackjack21(m): 8:55pm On Mar 02, 2018
chuksjuve:
African parents are the best parent in the world!!

A well trained African child is a marvel to the world..

Unlike their white or oyinbo counter part..

African patents are bae, irrespective of their methods of upbringing...

Argue with your ancestor

I'm out

Bull shiyt

6 Likes

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by TheLawTheLegal: 9:26pm On Mar 02, 2018
Telling your mum that you are now 18yrs and so have decided to stop going to church.

Your mum will be like is your brain paining you?

5 Likes

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by chuksjuve(m): 9:32pm On Mar 02, 2018
blackjack21:

Bull shiyt

I talk am!!
One obodo Oyiibo "woke" person will disagree..

Ndi woke people angry

That is your business ooo...

I doesn't care grin

1 Like

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by Platony(m): 9:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
Allowing u 2 cry cry for hunger til u finally sleep off (note: nobody wil answer u while crying). My mum cooking da yr na indian film, especially soup grin Den ur sibling wakes u up 2 come n eat lyk 2 hrs later. grin

2 Likes

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by obinna58(m): 10:10pm On Mar 02, 2018
They are following religious instructions which is bulshit

2 Likes

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 02, 2018
chuksjuve:
African parents are the best parent in the world!!

A well trained African child is a marvel to the world..

Unlike their white or oyinbo counter part..

African patents are bae, irrespective of their methods of upbringing...

Argue with your ancestor

I'm out
If African children are well trained then why isn't their behaviors reflecting positively on the society?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by chuksjuve(m): 10:17pm On Mar 02, 2018
iRyan:
If African children are well trained then why isn't their behaviors reflecting positively on the society?

Since the day you all decided to let other people's or race upbringing clash with your and in most cases influence your action..

You all became a confused entity and confuse people don't make progress...

Now you know ..

10 Likes

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 02, 2018
chuksjuve:

Since the day you all decided to let other people's or race upbringing clash with your and in most cases influence your action..

You all became a confused entity and confuse people don't make progress...

Now you know ..
what are you talking about? West Africa is still pretty much resisting western influence on the upbringing of their children. Western values and morals are still looked down on in Nigeria, there aren't that many parents in Nigeria raising their kids with western values and beliefs and morals...

5 Likes

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by Iseoluwani: 10:37pm On Mar 02, 2018
hahn:
Getting a job or passing an exam on merit

Nigerian parents will make sure they hook you up with someone they know or pay for a special center instead of leaving you to get the job or pass the exam based on your own effort

Then they will go to church and give testimony to Jehovah grin

Hypocrite atheist
Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by chuksjuve(m): 10:41pm On Mar 02, 2018
iRyan:
what are you talking about? West Africa is still pretty much resisting western influence on the upbringing of their children. Western values and morals are still looked down on in Nigeria, there aren't that many parents in Nigeria raising their kids with western values and beliefs and morals...

The primary and secondary school
You went to are what?
Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 02, 2018
chuksjuve:

The primary and secondary school
You went to are what?
I didn't grow up in Nigeria. if you are talking about Africa before colonialism then I might have to agree that the society was very much saner before we came in contact with the Europeans... however when it comes to upbringing of kids , much hasn't really changed in the way African children were brought up before colonialism from now..
Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by hahn(m): 11:03pm On Mar 02, 2018
Iseoluwani:

Hypocrite atheist

Obviously your parents fit the profile grin

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by Iseoluwani: 11:06pm On Mar 02, 2018
hahn:

Obviously your parents fit the profile grin

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by iomoge2(f): 12:11am On Mar 03, 2018
King4Roller:
This demons we call parents
U will become 1 soon

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by Narldon: 12:27am On Mar 03, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by Narldon: 12:28am On Mar 03, 2018

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by Narldon: 12:28am On Mar 03, 2018

1 Like

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by geo1nick(m): 12:59am On Mar 03, 2018
cheesy grin
Gungnir:
I once asked an 18 year old girl what she wants to do at a club, she said i sounded like her mom.
Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by chuksjuve(m): 4:07am On Mar 03, 2018
iRyan:
I didn't grow up in Nigeria. if you are talking about Africa before colonialism then I might have to agree that the society was very much saner before we came in contact with the Europeans... however when it comes to upbringing of kids , much hasn't really changed in the way African children were brought up before colonialism from now..

I thought as much grin

You are one of those "Ndi obodo Oyiibo" "brought up"..

"Ndi woke people" grin

Daalu my brother
Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by chiraqDemon(m): 7:57am On Mar 03, 2018
eleojo23:
6. You are never too old to be sent on errands.

You: "Mum I'm 18 now, don't send me on errands anyhow...In fact, I want to live alone now

Mum: Gives you a nasty look that resets your brain sharperly.
You:I swear my fielty and devotion unto you mother, to be used as u see fit
Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 03, 2018
QueenSuccubus you need to read this. cheesy
Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by chiraqDemon(m): 8:15am On Mar 03, 2018
Visiting your friends. Your friend can visit you 100 times, but if you want to visit him once ur parents will ask you, "why can't he visit you instead. What is in his house that is not here.

First of all that guy has PS4 and games in his house
Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by QueenSuccubus(f): 8:16am On Mar 03, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:
QueenSuccubus you need to read this. cheesy

grin grin cheesy

Well, in Philippines they beat their children as well like criminals sha...sometimes eehhnn...they even have to chase their kids with sticks or belt when they run away grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Man And His Wife Who Gave Birth Name Their Twins Atiku And Wike (pic) / Lawyers Advise Women To Drop Maiden Name After Marriage / What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.