Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,188 members, 7,835,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture (28992 Views)

Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. / A Typical Face-me-i-face-you Occupants / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by chiraqDemon(m): 8:19am On Mar 03, 2018
TheLawTheLegal:
Telling your mum that you are now 18yrs and so have decided to stop going to church.

Your mum will be like is your brain paining you?
Me af
Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 03, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

grin grin cheesy

Well, in Philippines they beat their children as well like criminals sha...sometimes eehhnn...they even have to chase their kids with sticks or belt when they run away grin grin grin

Seriously? I thought its only an African thing
Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by QueenSuccubus(f): 8:35am On Mar 03, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

Seriously? I thought its only an African thing

Yeaaah they do... grin

And they punish their kids as well...until now it does exist but not like 2decades ago ... The beating was terrible..
Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 03, 2018
chuksjuve:

I thought as much grin
You are one of those "Ndi obodo Oyiibo" "brought up"..
"Ndi woke people" grin
Daalu my brother
lmao. Dalu to you too nwanne. Yes man we all have to be woke to grasp this world we live in. I stay woke
Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by hahn(m): 9:33am On Mar 03, 2018
[quote author=Iseoluwani post=65512508][/quote]

The result of your brain scan smiley

1 Share

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by Iseoluwani: 10:36am On Mar 03, 2018
hahn:

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by Iseoluwani: 10:36am On Mar 03, 2018
hahn:

grin

Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by hahn(m): 11:06am On Mar 03, 2018
[quote author=Iseoluwani post=65521018][/quote]

E still dey pain you cheesy grin
Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by uuzba(m): 1:24pm On Mar 03, 2018
Africa is in a mess because we took ½ of European values and left the other ½.
-
Young persons going to school is a European value. Africans didnt traditionally go to school in mass numbers like that.
Young persons in a workforce is a European value. Africans didn't traditionally have a "workforce". Just people going to farms.
-
Because you have all been hanging out with your mates, going to school, and joining a workforce, you then automatically expect the next step to be accepted, the dating and Independence stage just like the Europeans. That is the stage when African customs kick back into the system and surprise many unprepared minds.
-
As long as chiefs exist in villages, African customs are not going anywhere. Europeans no longer have any chiefs in villages. No one is handed power to rule over others by birthright alone. Their ways are all democratic, electing who best fits the post without any regard to ethnicity. Every position is open to anybody.
-
African parents will Lord it over their children whatever their ages. This is an African thing. This is what works for this environment.
Re: Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture by King4Roller: 2:21pm On Mar 03, 2018
iomoge2:

U will become 1 soon
Will you be their mother?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Man And His Wife Who Gave Birth Name Their Twins Atiku And Wike (pic) / Lawyers Advise Women To Drop Maiden Name After Marriage / What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.