Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,131 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece (43818 Views)

Hulk & His Niece, Camila Sousa Are Expecting A Child (Photos) / Spanish Fans Angry At Hazard's Reaction To Being Kicked Out Of Champions League / Sadio Mane Angry At Mohamed Salah In Touchline Bust-up (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Dynamiq(m): 8:09am On Mar 03, 2018
oneblackguy:
i don't know what the fuss is all about sef.
fact is, females are more prone to social vices than males and so need stricter monitoring.

the average female child is more prone to sexual molestation and harassment than the average male child.

a female child will find it much easier to get laid than a male child.

so tell me, who needs more protection??
for God's sake, the two can never require the same amount of descipline....never.
it's the duty of the parents to guard female children more securely than males atleast until they turn 18 when they can decide for themselves.
Your head is very correct, bros.
What more can I say when you have already made so much sense?
Okay, let me say another thing: GOD BLESS YOU.

1 Like

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Maj196(m): 8:13am On Mar 03, 2018
XhosaNostra:

You hate feminists, then go ahead & hate them, but don't take out your hatred on me. I have never identified myself as one because I'm NOT one.

In my eyes everyone is an equal. That's not a feminist view, that's being a human being. I have no master on earth, except for the man that gave me life. My worshipping & submission ends with him! That's my dad in case I'm not clear enough. Anyone else...well you know grin
Liar... You are a well known one here even d contradictory post above says it all.

1 Like

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by KhadyM(f): 8:13am On Mar 03, 2018
Daeylar:
I'm glad they set him straight.
Very disgusting misogynistic statement.

Tying the existence of a woman to a man straight from birth,
He will raise a man as a man, but he cannot raise the niece as a woman, she will be raised as "someone's wife." And will be given values not because it is best for her but because it is what will help her as "someone's wife"

His son is allowed to live like a normal human being he is while he wants to start controlling the niece and train her to be this perfect infallible human being, and as if that isn't bad enough, he doesn't even do this because he feels it is best for "her" as a human being. He does this because she will be "someone's wife."

Very sad statement.

So a son shouldn't have good family morals? Rubbish.
Nothing about family and someone's husband for the son, but see how he centered the whole life of the niece around being "someone's wife".

Sad.

Sad thats whats wrong with African men. And going through the comments on this thread you just feel like puking. Sad they dont even realise it.

God help these well raised daughters under strict parents and the type of men theyre gonna be wives to
Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by BluntBoy(m): 8:16am On Mar 03, 2018
What is misogynistic about AJ's words All I see is a man who loves his niece and wants to protect her by all means. All these worthless feminists should go to hell. They are constituting a nuisance everywhere.

7 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by KhadyM(f): 8:17am On Mar 03, 2018
[b][/b]
stanech:

Yea one of them will be ok. Just one.

If groom a man to be like a woman he will become a woman.

What the hell are you even saying: if groom a man to be like a woman he will become a woman?

1 Like

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 03, 2018
Dimples129:
So his neice can't make mistakes, and learn from them, and build her character. She belongs to a man so she must be trained for him.

I don't blame him... you can't have it all grin

#Brains&Beauty #B&B
feminists are the lowest of all lows, it's fascinating how you people's brain work,it's a shame Africa is running at bullet speed towards this madness,God save us all..

5 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Keketu(m): 8:20am On Mar 03, 2018
Guidette:
Do Naija men even know what the feminist movement brought to this world? Women working to earn a living. So if you are a man looking for a working woman, but hate "feminists", then you are complicit in this movement. Why not get you a housewife and stop complaining about anything. Don't do business with women at all, like visiting female doctors or lawyers or pharmacists or bankers or engineers. Afterall, women need to be in the house only nurturing and taking care of your kids while men go and bring the daily bread home, right?

Don't be two faced or hypocritical. You cannot be anti-feminism yet be a party to why it existed in the very first place then. Just my 2 cents.
Look woman being a Lawyer or Doctor does not make a girl feminist , Okay?

4 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Disneylady(f): 8:20am On Mar 03, 2018
oyb:
The Worst that will happen with fallen women is hat they will be prostitutes

We see fallen men paraded on home page every day as rapists, robbers, murderers. So who is more dangerous if not properly trained?

The 'weaker vessels' or the ones with capacity for violence?

And some people actually believe only female children are at risk to be molested?
Thank you my brother
Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 03, 2018
Well said like a true African man!

3 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Disneylady(f): 8:25am On Mar 03, 2018
Daeylar:
I'm glad they set him straight.
Very disgusting misogynistic statement.

Tying the existence of a woman to a man straight from birth,
He will raise a man as a man, but he cannot raise the niece as a woman, she will be raised as "someone's wife." And will be given values not because it is best for her but because it is what will help her as "someone's wife"

His son is allowed to live like a normal human being he is while he wants to start controlling the niece and train her to be this perfect infallible human being, and as if that isn't bad enough, he doesn't even do this because he feels it is best for "her" as a human being. He does this because she will be "someone's wife."

Very sad statement.

So a son shouldn't have good family morals? Rubbish.
Nothing about family and someone's husband for the son, but see how he centered the whole life of the niece around being "someone's wife".

Sad.
Very pathetic i must say....they take the girl child as the one to build this entire world the way I see it. Training his niece to be someone's wife while his son can go about being a baby daddy abi?.....Deplorable!

2 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by FluidQueen(f): 8:27am On Mar 03, 2018
This is really unfortunate, indeed.

His son would be raised a rebel, with no family morals, NO humanity, NO compassion, No training... These things have to be taught and instilled in a human being. They are not inherent in men. One wonders why Nigerian prisons are mostly filled with men. Why? The roots people! The roots! It's because of Parents like Anthony Joshua.

Female kids should be taught how to be good, independent, Smart, Ambition oriented human beings first. The same way We Push our sons to spread their wings and conquer the world. We should to our females. We shouldn't Match their entire existence to being someone's wife, they should make that decision on their own. This is simply Putting a leash on women. Limiting their self worth, dreams and rights as women.

It is misogynistic, sexist and just silly.
We are humans first.

4 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by stanech: 8:29am On Mar 03, 2018
KhadyM:
[/b]

What the hell are you even saying: if groom a man to be like a woman he will become a woman?

[b]
All I am saying is that all these equality talk is bulshit. Women cant handle equality they should be protected and pampared and loved and cared for.

Most of these feminists are really empty souls that cant get what they want due to bad attitude they get angry over little things i have seen a lot of them they are just empty soulz

5 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 03, 2018
BluntBoy:
What is misogynistic about AJ's words All I see is a man who loves his niece and wants to protect her by all means. All these worthless feminists should go to hell. They are constituting a nuisance everywhere.
what is more annoying is that most of the 'reactors' are Nigerian women, like when did we get here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by FluidQueen(f): 8:29am On Mar 03, 2018
oyb:

We see fallen men paraded on home page every day as rapists, robbers, murderers. So who is more dangerous if not properly trained?

And some people actually believe only female children are at risk to be molested?
fools, I tell ya!

FoooooooooooooLS!
And they don't sit to think why majority of prison inhabitants are males... Disgusting mentality!

1 Like

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by obi3x(m): 8:32am On Mar 03, 2018
AntiBrutus:
"Feminist" the most abused word on cyberspace. If you want lots of Nairaland guys to come barking like dogs, just sensationalise your heading with that one word...feminist. They won't address the topic logically, just insult and attack cheesy

I don't think the issue should be him wanting his niece to be a respectful woman [who wouldn't want that?], but him not ensuring same values are instilled in his son.

He reinforced the opinion that female kids are more trained than their male counterparts. The males just have to be men, that's okay. The women can also lazy around, just have good family morals. These male kids grow up to be a "man's man"...deficient of basic family morals, and we expect them to be good husbands to the respectable lady.

How long will that work? Both genders are already getting tired of shouldering deficient spouses.

Anyway, it's his belief.
I can only pray it benefits the parties involved.

Any man who has a problem with the female child being trained to be financially dependent on a man, but has no problem with this...
Hmmm, H, Y, P...for the HYP, for the HYPOCRITE grin.
I like u...lmao..no homo
Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by BluntBoy(m): 8:33am On Mar 03, 2018
KhadyM:

Sad thats whats wrong with African men. And going through the comments on this thread you just feel like puking. Sad they dont even realise it.

God help these well raised daughters under strict parents and the type of men theyre gonna be wives to

Khady, but there is nothing hateful towards women in AJ's statement.

4 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by FluidQueen(f): 8:35am On Mar 03, 2018
BluntBoy:
you're actually the Nuisance here, the one who chooses to be oblivious to the fact that Anthony is creating a dangerous model in his Kid's upbringing.

He's 'training' the female, installing good morals, and making her a better person, save for the 'Somebody's wife thingy' which is actually very sexist, ridiculous and Dumb, he would make her better.. While his son become a nuisance to the society and the people he'd ever cross paths with.

3 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 03, 2018
Dimples129:
So his neice can't make mistakes, and learn from them, and build her character. She belongs to a man so she must be trained for him.

#Brains&Beauty #B&B

You are a fool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by BluntBoy(m): 8:42am On Mar 03, 2018
fabiano09:

what is more annoying is that most of the 'reactors' are Nigerian women, like when did we get here

Don't mind those ones. Their brand of feminism is the most ridiculous. They claim equality only when it suits them. Wait till a snake appears at your door and you would hear the shameless hypocrites telling you to kill it because you are the man. Wait till the circumstances change in their favour and they would take offense when you say I am the man. Many of them cannot even look their husbands or boyfriends in the eye but on social media, they form tigers. I know many of them. They don't surprise me anymore.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by KinSlayer: 8:42am On Mar 03, 2018
AntiBrutus:
"Feminist" the most abused word on cyberspace. If you want lots of Nairaland guys to come barking like dogs, just sensationalise your heading with that one word...feminist. They won't address the topic logically, just insult and attack cheesy

I don't think the issue should be him wanting his niece to be a respectful woman [who wouldn't want that?], but him not ensuring same values are instilled in his son.

He reinforced the opinion that female kids are more trained than their male counterparts. The males just have to be men, that's okay. The women can also lazy around, just have good family morals. These male kids grow up to be a "man's man"...deficient of basic family morals, and we expect them to be good husbands to the respectable lady.

How long will that work? Both genders are already getting tired of shouldering deficient spouses.

Anyway, it's his belief.
I can only pray it benefits the parties involved.

Any man who has a problem with the female child being trained to be financially dependent on a man, but has no problem with this...
Hmmm, H, Y, P...for the HYP, for the HYPOCRITE grin.
damn! Made too much sense.

1 Like

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by KhadyM(f): 8:42am On Mar 03, 2018
BluntBoy:

Khady, but there is nothing hateful towards women in AJ's statement.

Yes it's innocent on the surface, and I get that most say this with good intentions, but if you dig deep you'll see that most of these attitudes are retrogressive and prevent development of society on a larger scale.

1 Like

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by KhadyM(f): 8:45am On Mar 03, 2018
stanech:

All I am saying is that all these equality talk is bulshit. Women cant handle equality they should be protected and pampared and loved and cared for.

Most of these feminists are really empty souls that cant get what they want due to bad attitude they get angry over little things i have seen a lot of them they are just empty soulz

Protected from whom? Why not deal with the thing they need to be protected from in the first place.
Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by stanech: 8:45am On Mar 03, 2018
oyb:

Really? And yet when there is a war or natural disaster the women and children are evaquated first. Did you not watch titanic?

I dont know about you but I do not want a world where men and women ate treated the same because it will be bad for them women.

3 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by KinSlayer: 8:47am On Mar 03, 2018
onoja12:
it is quite sicking when western women think their role in life is to destroy men,the truth is there society is failing and still they can't see it.for the record we Africans most especially Nigerians stand strongly behind Anthony joshua,we do not see anything wrong in what he has said because we understand the importance of women and the role they play in the molding of a society by molding the home which produces the society not a western idea that allow tv and hollywood to mold their children rather than wifes .
how is that people think western society is failing when we have snakes here that swallow money like eba? I genuinely cannot understand

3 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by BluntBoy(m): 8:49am On Mar 03, 2018
FluidQueen:
you're actually the Nuisance here, the one who chooses to be oblivious to the fact that Anthony is creating a dangerous model in his Kid's upbringing.

He's 'training' the female, installing good morals, and making her a better person, save for the 'Somebody's wife thingy' which is actually very sexist, ridiculous and Dumb, he would make her better.. While his son become a nuisance to the society and the people he'd ever cross paths with.

Herds mentality is the issue with many of you African self-acclaimed feminists. Have you read the statement properly? How would his son amount to a nuisance when he is getting trained too? How did you miss out on the part where AJ mentioned being not as strict in the upbringing of his son as he is with his niece's? You only chose to see what you wish to see. AJ is strict on the boy but he is not as strict on him as he is with the niece. The level of strictness is what differs not that the boy is not getting any strict upbringing at all.

4 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 03, 2018
Dimples129:

#Brains&Beauty #B&B

The first woman made a mistake in the garden of Eden the world is yet to recover from. It must have been she has learnt from it. I guess. Women are much more likely to temper with a mistake they can't recover from compared to their male counterparts.

Anthony Joshua is a man I very much admire for the moment I've learnt from him. He may have had a son out of wedlock which I presume is an avoidance to western hammer on divorce issues. Notwithstanding, his character of not ready to mingle with female fans carelessly despite the fame as other athletes his category would do has earned him my respect. I believe you can Judge rightly why he would not, from the words spoken about his niece. What he thinks about his niece is what he expects any woman his wife to be.

4 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by stanech: 8:54am On Mar 03, 2018
KhadyM:

Protected from whom? Why not deal with the thing they need to be protected from in the first place.

As a man I tolerate things from women that i cannot even entertain from a man. For intance I dont care who is wrong but I will not tolerate a man hitting a woman! That is protection

2 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by BluntBoy(m): 8:55am On Mar 03, 2018
KhadyM:

Yes it's innocent on the surface, and I get that most say this with good intentions, but if you dig deep you'll see that most of these attitudes are retrogressive and prevent development of society on a larger scale.

No, it doesn't. I don't see how it is retrogressive. Societal progress preceded feminism. Britain was world power long before the enfranchisement of women in the 1920s. Society would develop with or without subjects like sexism. Not that I support sexism but people should stop making it look like societal development is contingent upon equality. Inequality in all its forms has never held society back.

4 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by KinSlayer: 8:57am On Mar 03, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
what utter bakderdash
women hv been working since eve
feminists just wanted mens good jobs even though they not qualified women livre to work no one is
we just prefer it we don;t we visit doctors engineers and pharmacists priod yep
see how you didnt attempt to reason or make sense. Troll
Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by FluidQueen(f): 8:59am On Mar 03, 2018
BluntBoy:

Herds mentality is the issue with many of you African self-acclaimed feminists. Have you read the statement properly? How would his son amount to a nuisance when he is getting trained too? How did you miss out on the part where AJ mentioned being not as strict in the upbringing of his son as he is with his niece's? You only chose to see what you wish to see. AJ is strict on the boy but he is not as strict on him as he is with the niece. The level of strictness is what differs not that the boy is not getting any strict upbringing at all.
You're the one with the Partial dyslexia here.

Incase You have problem reading, He said He'd let his son be who he wants to be. Build his Own character, be a Jack-the-lad, All on his own.

But the niece has to be Put on a leash, Has to be taught good morals and how to be a good, respectable WIFE. None of that exploring, Be-Who-You-Want-to-be Human attribute would be allowed. She has to be trained to be somebody's wife. Because that's all she was born to be, huh?

Lol. grin
You, him and all the people supporting him are synonymous to one word, HYPOCRITES!

2 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by KhadyM(f): 8:59am On Mar 03, 2018
stanech:

As a man I tolerate things from women that i cannot even entertain from a man. For intance I dont care who is wrong but I will not tolerate a man hitting a woman! That is protection

And thats what I'm talking about. If that man was raised well as a little boy with good morals, I'm sure the thought of hitting anybody (men included) wouldnt even cross his mind! His parents probably instilled more discipline on his sisters and forgot about him. Thats what I see is so wrong!
Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by KinSlayer: 9:02am On Mar 03, 2018
oyb:

more and more men are beginning to make sense on these issues

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Messi Receives A Guard Of Honour & Award From PSG Teammates, Staff / Kanu Nwankwo's Papilo FC Defeats First Bank FC 3-0 / Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.