Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ (5864 Views)

PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by M0ron: 1:12pm On May 21, 2018
live4dgospel:

Jesus, of course, is the High Priest according to the order of Melchizedek. But John is the last High Priest according to the order of Aaron, because he performed the de facto role of passing on the sins of the world according to the Old Testament laying on of hands. It was written "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John."(Matthew 11:13). This means that the baptism of John the Baptist marked the end of the Old Testament sacrificial system ( according to the order of Aaron). John knew why he baptized Jesus, that was the reason the next after he baptized Jesus, while standing with his disciples seeing Jesus walking by, he bore this witness “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"(John 1:29). This means according to the order Aaron Jesus is certainly not a High Priest but rather a sacrificial Lamb.
In Matthew 3:15 "But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him."
Was it not written here that Jesus was baptized to fulfill all righteousness?

Nonsense

John was not a High priest
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by M0ron: 1:28pm On May 21, 2018
Thegospelman:

(1 John 5:6) "This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth."
Contrary to your thoughts, the Scriptures say that Jesus Christ came with the water of His baptism and the blood of His death.
How do you move from ‘Jesus came by water and blood’ to ‘Jesus come by his baptism and blood of his death’?
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Premiumwriter: 2:26pm On May 21, 2018
Thegospelman:

I want you to understand that your thoughts are never the same with the Word of God. We must deny our thoughts to believe in the Word of God. Did the Bible say that Jesus atoned for our sins with His blood alone? No, absolutely not! As it is written in
(1 John 5:6) "This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth."
Contrary to your thoughts, the Scriptures say that Jesus Christ came with the water of His baptism and the blood of His death.
What you wrote up there didn't even relate to what I'm saying.

Below is what I quoted:

live4dgospel:

If you don't believe that John the Baptist passed over our sins to the head of Jesus during His baptism , how then can you believe that he is a de facto High Priest and a representative of mankind? Now answer this question. In Matthew 3:15 Jesus told John "for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness". What does He mean by "for thus" and "all righteousness"?
from the bolded, John the Baptist didn't pass our sins unto Jesus when he baptized him, otherwise God would have turned his back on Jesus right from the beginning because "he's eyes are too holy to behold iniquity" also how could Jesus who is "carrying" sin be with the holy ghost and be healing people?

It was only on the cross at the point of his death that Jesus took the sins of mankind. For without shedding of blood there's no remission for sins and the sign of the sins of mankind coming upon him was clearly given, he cried to show it, he asked why has God forsaken him? That was a clear indication that he has been made a sinner at that point and the holy spirit which has been with him right from the beginning has left.

I think you shouldn't be in a hurry to teach oga and not everyone who started his sentence with "I think" is a learner often times we just want to give an opinion without sounding "all knowing".
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Thegospelman(m): 3:13pm On May 21, 2018
Premiumwriter:
What you wrote up there didn't even relate to what I'm saying.

Below is what I quoted:

from the bolded, John the Baptist didn't pass our sins unto Jesus when he baptized him, otherwise God would have turned his back on Jesus right from the beginning because "he's eyes are too holy to behold iniquity" also how could Jesus who is "carrying" sin be with the holy ghost and be healing people?

It was only on the cross at the point of his death that Jesus took the sins of mankind. For without shedding of blood there's no remission for sins and the sign of the sins of mankind coming upon him was clearly given, he cried to show it, he asked why has God forsaken him? That was a clear indication that he has been made a sinner at that point and the holy spirit which has been with him right from the beginning has left.

I think you shouldn't be in a hurry to teach oga and not everyone who started his sentence with "I think" is a learner often times we just want to give an opinion without sounding "all knowing".

All still boil down to answering the question: What does it mean that Jesus Christ came with the water and blood as it is written in 1 John 5:6? You may memorise the whole Scriptures if you can, to understand, believe and follow them are different things. Whether you are "oga"and "all knowing", all I want from you now is to answer the question. I think I have written about the Old Testament sacrificial system in this post, I don't know whether you have already read about it before on your own. Let me just assume you have not read it and try to explain it to you:
In the sacrificial system, an animal without blemish must be used and the sinner or the High Priest who represented the sinners would lay his hands on the head of the sacrificial animal so as to transfer the sinners sins to the animal, then the animal would be the carrier of the sins until it is killed for the blood of atonement, as you have already said without the shedding of blood there will be no remission of sins. And God promised that it would be a statute forever for them i.e God promised to save us eternally in this like manner(Leviticus 16:34). How then do you challenge the authority of God? God allowed His Son receive the sins of the world through John the Baptist the last High Priest and the representative of the world as Aaron represented the people of Israel on the Day of Atonement, during His baptism in the Jordan river.
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Premiumwriter: 3:56pm On May 21, 2018
Thegospelman:

All still boil down to answering the question: What does it mean that Jesus Christ came with the water and blood as it is written in 1 John 5:6? You may memorise the whole Scriptures if you can, to understand, believe and follow them are different things. Whether you are "oga"and "all knowing", all I want from you now is to answer the question. I think I have written about the Old Testament sacrificial system in this post, I don't know whether you have already read about it before on your own. Let me just assume you have not read it and try to explain it to you:
In the sacrificial system, an animal without blemish must be used and the sinner or the High Priest who represented the sinners would lay his hands on the head of the sacrificial animal so as to transfer the sinners sins to the animal, then the animal would be the carrier of the sins until it is killed for the blood of atonement, as you have already said without the shedding of blood there will be no remission of sins. And God promised that it would be a statute forever for them i.e God promised to save us eternally in this like manner(Leviticus 16:34). How then do you challenge the authority of God? God allowed His Son receive the sins of the world through John the Baptist the last High Priest and the representative of the world as Aaron represented the people of Israel on the Day of Atonement, during His baptism in the Jordan river.
smiles. Water and blood are witnesses on earth.
Check the verses 7 and 8.

What you're saying is that Jesus became a sinner when he was baptized. But bro is that really what the Bible taught?

Water and blood in the passage you quoted didn't relate to the baptism of Jesus, rather the Bible is talking about witnesses in the old testament. When there are 2 or 3 witnesses, a person is condemned in the face of a crime or made free. John was comparing this with the death of Jesus. The blood, water, and spirit in Jesus are witnesses that he has borne our sins on the cross of calvary. At the time of judgment the same will stand as witnesses and when any accusations is raised against us the children of God, the blood, water and the spirit will testify that they were there on the day Jesus took our sins away. So from the mouth of three witnesses we will be free.

And my brother, I wasn't challenging God. If you throughly read what I've written so far, I have glorified his name according to his mysterious works, not myself and no other man.

Jesus came to bare our sins, my spirit testifies to me always. He took away my sins when he died on the cross of calvary, my spirit is in agreement. But to say Jesus was a sinner right from the time of baptism, is a big lie. John only came to proclaim the one that will be the lamb of God and do you even know that John never laid his hands on Jesus He baptized him, in a water. After baptizing him, the holy spirit came upon Jesus. Now would the holy spirit come upon a man who's a sinner? Certainly not. The holy spirit will never dwell in an unclean vessel. And that was shown when Jesus died on the cross of calvary: the sins of the whole world was laid upon his shoulder and immediately God turned his back on Jesus at that same moment.

John never even made the mistake of calling himself a priest. When asked he said he was the voice of one crying in the wilderness. When asked again he described himself as the one to prepare the way of the lord and one to make known to the people who the lord is.

He didn't say I'm the last priest to pass the sin of people to the priest of God.

So how come, you described John the Baptist as a high priest when he himself never gave credit of that to himself and Jesus didn't even. Jesus spoke of John the Baptist as the "greatest man born of a woman" wonder why he never spoke of John as the "greatest high priest ever born of a woman" because he wasn't. John was everything else but a high priest, there was only one high priest at a time. And at that time an high priest was already in power before John was born.

John was just a way maker for the master.
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Thegospelman(m): 4:29pm On May 21, 2018
Premiumwriter:

What you're saying is that Jesus became a sinner when he was baptized. But bro is that really what the Bible taught?

Water and blood in the passage you quoted didn't relate to the baptism of Jesus, rather the Bible is talking about witnesses in the old testament. When there are 2 or 3 witnesses, a person is condemned in the face of a crime or made free. John was comparing this with the death of Jesus. The blood, water, and spirit in Jesus are witnesses that he has borne our sins on the cross of calvary. At the time of judgment the same will stand as witnesses and when any accusations is raised against us the children of God, the blood, water and the spirit will testify that they were there on the day Jesus took our sins away. So from the mouth of three witnesses we will be free.

And my brother, I wasn't challenging God. If you throughly read what I've written so far, I have glorified his name according to his mysterious works, not myself and no other man.

Jesus came to bare our sins, my spirit testifies to me always. He took away my sins when he died on the cross of calvary, my spirit is in agreement. But to say Jesus was a sinner right from the time of baptism, is a big lie. John only came to proclaim the one that will be the lamb of God and do you even know that John never laid his hands on Jesus He baptized him, in a water. After baptizing him, the holy spirit came upon Jesus. Now would the holy spirit come upon a man who's a sinner? Certainly not. The holy spirit will never dwell in an unclean vessel. And that was shown when Jesus died on the cross of calvary: the sins of the whole world was laid upon his shoulder and immediately God turned his back on Jesus at that same moment.

John never even made the mistake of calling himself a priest. When asked he said he was the voice of one crying in the wilderness. When asked again he described himself as the one to prepare the way of the lord and one to make known to the people who the lord is.

He didn't say I'm the last priest to pass the sin of people to the priest of God.

So how come, you described John the Baptist as a high priest when he himself never gave credit of that to himself and Jesus didn't even. Jesus spoke of John the Baptist as the "greatest man born of a woman" wonder why he never spoke of John as the "greatest high priest ever born of a woman" because he wasn't. John was everything else but a high priest, there was only one high priest at a time. And at that time an high priest was already in power before John was born.

I wouldn't want you to be ignorant of the Word while claiming to be an authority of the Word. Please check the (1 John 5:6-cool in other versions of the Bible like the Good News Bible. That portion says that Jesus Christ came to save us with the blood His death and the water of His baptism. And those who believe in this truth will receive the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit bears witness to the truth in their heart through the Word of God.
Secondly, I never said that Jesus Christ became a sinner, He was never a sinner but rather God made Him who knew no sins to be sin for us so that the righteousness of God might be fulfilled in us. That's God transferred our sins to Him in His baptism and allowed Him to suffer the wages of sin on the Cross.
And again is a High Priest not a man? Because Jesus called John the greatest man born of a woman, does it in any way negate the possibility of John being a High Priest?
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by live4dgospel(m): 2:35pm On Jun 18, 2018
Premiumwriter:

http://www.bjnewlife.org/english/bstudy/sermons_06.php
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by estheragha: 4:21pm On Jun 18, 2018
Praise God!
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by live4dgospel(m): 4:18pm On Sep 08, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Catch Fake Mog's Who Speak In Tongues (8+2) / Anointing For New Beginning / Corona Virus Is Greater Than Yahweh And Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.