Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

The Hole In The Wall - Literature (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hole In The Wall (435613 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / A Short Story - The Wall Between- Haruna Shukurat / lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hole In The Wall by arrestdarrester: 12:25pm On Aug 06, 2018
Souloho19 I'm so glad for the celebration you're getting thus far. I've been away for long.

I started The Hole In The Wall two days ago and have observed your improvement. The improvement lies in your ability to connect many plots and tie them to a dramatic story. But I've also observed something a writer like you mustn't lose.

Like I have always maintained, you write fantastically good. You seem to be sacrificing details for speed. I know how descriptive you could get and make your readers feel like part of the plot. Don't lose it please. Don't sacrifice that for anything...

God bless you...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hole In The Wall by explosive04(m): 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2018
Hmmmmm!!! ride on sir

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by emmyN(m): 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
Lemme park here grin. Thumbs up Souloho19

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by TeameeMoses(m): 4:16pm On Aug 06, 2018
Oga souloho19, you are a bad boy sincerely i'm thirsty for more now and there's nothing to quench the thirst from The devil wears okrika to the delayed diagnosis and right now am loving this piece, CONTINUE TO FIRE ON LIKE THE SHADOW BIKE...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by paafin(m): 8:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
Permission to post your " the devil wears okrika" on Facebook? Surely, with reference to you..

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2018
arrestdarrester:
Souloho19 I'm so glad for the celebration you're getting thus far. I've been away for long.

I started The Hole In The Wall two days ago and have observed your improvement. The improvement lies in your ability to connect many plots and tie them to a dramatic story. But I've also observed something a writer like you mustn't lose.

Like I have always maintained, you write fantastically good. You seem to be sacrificing details for speed. I know how descriptive you could get and make your readers feel like part of the plot. Don't lose it please. Don't sacrifice that for anything...

God bless you...

Thanks for this bro and welcome back lord knows I've missed your comments since delayed diagnosis by the way thanks for the heads up on ' finding forester' hell of a movie!
I must agree with the boldled was recently reading some previous updates and could see some loopholes would try and rediscover that descriptive brush. The funny thing is when I started delayed diagnosis I chose to write from first person i.e Rex persona because I was too lazy to describe and in my mind then 3rd person will mean I have to describe the feelings of more characters...lool...would pay more attention to it sha thanks!

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 8:51pm On Aug 06, 2018
paafin:
Permission to post your " the devil wears okrika" on Facebook? Surely, with reference to you..

No p bro you got my blessings. Just add the copyright thatsall
Re: The Hole In The Wall by paafin(m): 8:56pm On Aug 06, 2018
souloho19:

No p bro you got my blessings. Just add the copyright thatsall

Sure, bro..

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Preciousbouy(m): 11:06pm On Aug 06, 2018
Have to hang the pen for now. To be continued......

Oya where Is soul!!!! Come back here cus you ain't dropping any pen oooo....

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by donteanz(m): 11:17pm On Aug 06, 2018
Souloho19 Aboki Na. I Dey Badun You.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 06, 2018
love the way you took me back to october 1 1960...
if you ever found yourself in the north and you need a place to crash my door is always open. sai ka zo laifya

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by mekonglobal(m): 12:16am On Aug 07, 2018
Congrats Mr. Soul. This is the begining of the begining.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by paqman: 2:41am On Aug 07, 2018
To all Souloho19 lovers we can do this back to back i mean the voting for the devil wears okirika , for the delay diagnosis, for the hole in the wall, we all no our man his a genius let do this for him

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by wizsolzy(m): 5:49am On Aug 07, 2018
Damn! Not again Soul not again... updates are too short bro!!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by donkelz(m): 7:02am On Aug 07, 2018
The most consistent writer on NL, with back to back hits! Only maziomenuko lived to this billing! How you doing bro? Lost your contact and we haven't kept in touch again. How is life after NYSC?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by bimberry1307(f): 10:12am On Aug 07, 2018
Wow! Emenike is not dead after all. Thanks souloho19, I can't begin to describe how that trip to the 60s up there makes me feel. Thanks for taking us back the Memory Lane.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Silvertrinity(f): 7:08am On Aug 08, 2018
I'm happy the baby has been rescued

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 12:25pm On Aug 08, 2018
Dedicated to

mhistahra Ann2012 phoenixchap princessadeola rchilee opeade939 queenitee stevodot22 waacut samwobi mrsochy mitchelljnr paafin bleeze2 solly1 EkopsparoAyara Gotee11 Cyndy1000 RegArmani coolie1 Evold pweeetygiftofGod stephengee12 virtuedagirl iAmkingoludav Oroolorun Kaycee9242 arrestdarrester charminee explosive04 helenbee emmyN TeameeMoses paqman preciousbouy donteanz cylovee mekonglobal igyeseh Wizsolzy donkelz bimberry1307 Silvertrinity

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Sister what just happened? we're going to just let him walk away with the baby?" Christie asked although she was secretly glad the baby was no longer in danger. Her sister could really have mood swings and Christie secretly feared she was bi-polar (Special emphasis on the word 'bi')

Her sister sat down tiredly "I met him before.....when she was still alive......"

"When who was still alive? I don't get you sis...."

But Christie would get no reply from her sister again as she only stared into space with a soulful look on her face.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Sensei Sparrow was quite akward with children, he didn't have kids of his own and of course to have kids one had to have sex first.

Agent Sparrow was meant to be a virgin. The monks back in the temple had practised the very highest form of abstinence which meant most of them even though very brave and fearless, 'didn't have the balls' but Master Wong hadn't let Sparrow become an eunuch. Castration shouldn't be forced on any man but has to be a conscious and deliberate decision the wise man had admonished.

The highest level of life essence the 'qi' was richest in a man's semen and he weakened himself with every ejaculation and basically reduced his life span spiritual purity.

There was another way; An ancient practice (Taoist sexual practice) from the Han dynasty in which the man forces the semen back before climaxing hence not releasing anything, but two things made the young Sparrow reject the practice;
1. What was the use in having sex without spilling any fluid?
2. Master Wong secretly advised him that although it was effective in preserving qi and spiritual advancement, there were very few cases where if done incorrectly could cause retrograde ejaculation, redirecting the semen from the urethra to the urinary bladder hence causing a UTI in the lower bladder (Urinary Tract Infection)

Sparrow decided to stay celibate with his manhood intact, but maybe it was the Nigerian blood in him because the few times he left the temple he began to find out he liked girls. There was this particular girl in the market who sold vegetables to the monks and Sparrow began to find out his meditation time was spent repainting her face over and over in his mind. Over time he began to sneak out of the temple to spend time with her. Her name was Chuan Li and Sparrow who was just 17 years at the time began to feel both love and lust in exponentials for the young beauty. One faithful day they went all the way. He had sex and he couldn't even hold himself or implement the taoist practice but it didn't matter in the end, nothing mattered when master Wong called him apart that same day as if sensing the sexual energy round the young boy and told him a story about the father he never knew. Since then Sparrow Ayara had been driven by one goal. Nothing else was important to him, Chuan Li was quickly forgotten and he hadn't touched another woman or even thought about any.
He had completed his martial arts training, gotten his black belt and the order Sensei 5th Dan and then he had come to is fatherland.....his father's land......his father......

The baby whimpered drawing him back from his nostalgic past.

He looked at the little bundle and managed to balance the baby in the cradle of his arm until he won the battle with the door.
He looked at the apartment for some minutes then got in the car.

With the baby in his left hand, he started the car with his right, put the gear in D and handled the steering.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The sirens turned out to be a fire truck and two police cars.

The fire service got down to business immediately. This was a top residential area. The people here had enough clout and one phone call could get the fire marshall demoted.

At Bami's insistence, the unconscious man on the floor was baptised with pressurized water from the hose. He jerked up immediately shouting incoherently "my.....chest.....my letters....my Emma"

"its alright bro.....we got the letters here" Bami said kneeling down to steady Rex who was looking left and right confused.

Andy and Dagnet were speaking to the police men, explaining what had happened to the two dead bodies on the floor.

Dagnet was farmiliar with the officers but they seemed to have been given special orders to be hostile to her.
"So the murderer vanished into thin air just like that?" one of them asked studying his former superior with dripping suspicion.

"come on Femi, he didn't dissapear I told you he drove off in a power bike"

"Is this true?" another cop asked Andy

"Yes of course....I will suggest you radio ahead for your men to be on the lookout for the killer...I would advice you to be careful, he's the shadow"

The first detective scoffed "Shadow? the shadow is dead incase you've forgotten"

"No he isn't....that was his brother"

"What kind of tales by moonlight is this?" the detective Dagnet had called Femi asked incredulously

Andy was already getting pissed "Hey look here...despite the overhaul and change of name and uniforms you people still remain as clueless as when you wore black"

Detective Femi literally blew smoke from his ears "hey look here(he mimicked)....we are still upholders of the law, and if you commit any crime we have every right to question and arrest you"

Andy muttered something unflattering under his breath. This was why it was better to avoid the foolish cops. They always muddied things up!

Once upon a time he had been on the receiving end of Sars brutality even when he showed them his Id and identified himself as a legit bank worker. But now things were a bit different, he wasn't the naive helpless young man he once was so instead he sneered at the detective "unless you have flawless evidence you better maintain your lane...if not the ACP might give you a call"

"Hey...the fire is completely out....in case you want to carry out any investigations inside" the fire marshal called out from the entrance of the building.
The building was still full of thick smoke but every trace of fire had been wiped out.

The detective huffed and made his way importantly to the entrance. He stopped by Rex and Bami, where Rex was still sitting down, shaking his head in confusion and mummuring incoherently.

He looked at Rex with much contempt "Of course you'll be involved.....golden detective my foot! Hey, constable Danga make sure nobody leaves here till we get a statement from them"

with that the detective and his partner disappeared into the building.

The constable 'Danga' nodded eagerly "Yes sir!" and then he folded his hands and began glaring at both Andy and Dagnet.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

It was hard keeping my thoughts on track. I was basically a train wreck right now.
My thoughts kept colliding and the only words coming to my head and out my mouth were; The letters! Emma! The letters!

Bami kept on assuring me the letters were safe. But what of Emma? was she safe?
He just sighed sadly.
Then the foolish man came and hissed at me 'golden detective my foot...!'
I didn't even have the fool's time.

"Rex we need to get you to the hospital....your hands are badly burnt" Bami was saying. I had stretched my hands for him to help me up but he seemed to be scared the epidermis would come off like a glove if he gripped my hands.

"No need for hospital....(cough) just honey would do the job.....or pap"
I said

He held me by my elbow and gently helped me to my feet. I bit my lip to stop from crying out in pain but honestly my ribs were killing me. In my bid to save the letters from getting burnt I had made matters worse with the little progress I had made. To be honest, the hospital was not such a bad idea...maybe even the painkillers that would make me sleep deeply but not while my daughter was still out there and the time was counting down.

Bami waved the envelope under my nose "So what did she say....that if you bring these papers she'll let Emma go?"

I nodded at first but then I thought 'What the hell?'

"No....that wasn't exactly how she put it" I said slowly

"What....what did she say?"

I looked over at Dagnet and Andy where they stood with the uniformed officer.
"Rex...." Bami drew my eyes to his strange ones. It was odd they looked stranger in the moonlight.

"she said I have to kill the first name on the letter in 48 hours if not she'll kill Emma"

"But that's crazy.....she's crazy, so she wants to turn you to her own personal assasin or what? why can't she do it herself.....oh poor Emma in the hands of a psycho!"

I was quiet, Bami was really angry, it was good to see he loved my daughter clearly.

"And 48 hours? does she think you are a hit man or what?"

"Actually she gave me 24 hours"

He looked at me confused "24? I thought you said....."

"She said I should take down the first target in the letters in 48 hours but she gave me another target that I must take down in 24 hours"

Bami sighed tiredly "This is just crazy! who does this bitch think she is?.......who is the target?" he asked finally

"you"

"Me?.....me?" he was incredulous. He took a step back as if realizing he was standing near something deadly "she wants you to kill me....but why?"

I cleared my throat "well she says you ordered the deaths of her mother.....the old woman from that night"

"What....but I didn't order her death...she came out shooting and my men had to cut her down" he shook his head "wait a minute, you mean that woman was Fome's mother?"

"Actually I don't think..."

"Hey what's happening?" Andy interrupted me and strolled over to where we stood
"Rex is going to kill me!" Bami said
"What?!"
"Fome said he should kill me because of what happened that night"
"What? but that's crazy....." Andy was equally shocked. He turned to me "Are you going to do it?"
"What? that's crazy!" this really was a night of craziness. Although I won't say I hadn't thought deeply about.......
"You know what....I'm hurting badly....let's get out of here, find somewhere to go through these letters and plan our next move"
"I agree....but our ride isn't here yet" Andy stated

We looked around in silence as if hoping to conjure an automobile from the dust then the policeman raised his voice. "just so you know, you all aren't going anywhere until we have your statements and my superior says its okay"

"Who is this clown?" I asked Bami

He just shrugged. It seemed the news of the contract on his head had really turned his pivot upside down.
Who could blame him. I was known to be obsessed and take anything concerning my family to the extreme but I couldn't betray a friend........right?
God....I was a terrible person.

"Who do you think she's talking to?" Andy asked jerking his head in Dagnet's direction probably trying to diffuse the tension between Bami and I.
Dagnet was still a couple of feet away, she was on the phone and I could tell she was vibrating with excitement.

"probably a husband.....or wife because she honestly has lesbo written all over" Andy replied his own question nervously.
He seemed to think I would just grab a gun and shoot Bami in the head or perhaps stab him in the back hence his nervous statements.

The difference between good and bad is simply choice. People generally have different kinds of thoughts going through their head, some good some bad some even disgusting/hideous...the difference is choice....the choice to act on it or banish it totally till such thoughts dissolves.
I wouldn't say I hadn't considered killing my friend to save my daughter, that would be a lie even though I had considered it briefly with irony, humour and rhetoric, it was still somewhere in my head but I couldn't do it.....or could I? (you see what I mean!!!!)

::::
Dagnet was suddenly hurrying to us and shouting with excitement "That was the agent....the Sensei Sparrow......he has Emma.....he has your daughter....he's heading to the BROTA agency now we would meet him there"

At first I couldn't believe my ears, I stared at her in disbelief, then I couldn't believe my disbelief. I was just plain dumbfounded....as in knocked totally dumb that my daughter was found. Safe and sound!!!!!

Bami was saying "How did he do it? just like that? this same woman that set a bomb trap and killed poliemen in Benue...this same woman that has been ruthless, that wants me dead.....how did he...."

Andy: "Its true it sounds strange honestly but the good thing is...."
Dagnet: .......just called me that he is with her right now.....driving to the agency..."

They were all talking at once and for the first time I didn't feel any pain in my ribs anymore, the smoke had cleared from my head and eyes and my partially burnt hands were not so troubling anymore.

"Are you guys kidding! my daughter has just been found....I don't care about anything else again....nothing else matters!"
And truly nothing did.....Bleep the red letters!!!
"I'm going to trek to the agency if I have to" to prove my point I began walking slowly but I stopped when a particular pair of headlights began getting closer from the other end of the street. I could recognize those lights even if I was blind. The left one was extremely dim and shone a bit higher not really illuminating the road while the other was as bright as a 1000 watts flourescent bulb.
It was my father's car.

"My dad is here! there's our ride...let's go get Emma!" I could barely keep still and very soon Andy and Bami and Dagnet had contacted the excitement.

"Ehem.....maybe you didn't hear me the first time, or maybe you weren't listening but you are all going nowhere until you are cleared!" the police man said loudly and crossed his arms

For the first time in what felt like ages I smiled "mister.....I really hope you try and stop me"

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Bigelow knew he would never catch the power bike. The engine was just too strong and to fast for the hilux. If he increased the speed by 10km, the power bike increased by 15.

It was almost futile and with time he began to feel the bastard was taunting him and leading him on. Probably to a trap.

Well he would walk into any trap as long as he got his brother's killer in the process. He gritted his teeth with anger and stepped on the gas more, but the truck seemingly could go no farther.
Then he began to think.
It was hard to think because of the blinding rage that was like a veil over his eyes but he began to think.

They were on a long stretch of road currently. There was nothing but the open straight road and there was no way he was going to outrun and catch the power bike like this.
He chewed on this as he continued speeding after is brother's killer. With each second, his eyes were roaming around, his brain calculating and trying to readjust a route he would take that would bring him ahead of the shadow.

When they drove by the Lagos Presbyterian church, Yaba, he was finally sure of a contact point.

He veered off the road suddenly and dangerously, to the other lane and going down the corvette, down the steep road. His truck should have tumbled and sommersaulted, he didn't know why but it remained upright....and as he bounced dangerously with the tires, he could only conclude the universe wanted him to have his revenge.
Once he was successully on the other side of the road, he immediately accelerated and sped down the Aje road, to the Sabo intersection.

He took a sharp turn, driving very roughly and increased speed.
He sped down the Herbert Macaulay way, parallel to the Murtala Muhammad way the shadow was currently on.

He was counting on the Shadow to be headed to the 3rd mainland bridge. If he was wrong the bastard would continue going straight while he waited at the intersection for an impact that was never going to happen.

He finally parked his car partially blocking the road until a danfo driver cursed him and scratched the hilux, then he parked properly infront of a french school.
He was beginning to think he had messed up when 5 minutes later he was still sitting and waiting.
There was no sign of the powerbike. Only cars and buses. Even at 4:33am this part of Lagos was still quite lively, either people were going home or going to work or coming from a night club, whichever one, it wasn't a dull area.

After two more minutes he knew he had made a mistake.
Damn!!

"forgive me brother, I messed up!" he punched the steering angrily causing the horn to go off.
'hold on....don't give up yet....' the voice in his head sounded so much like Tom.

For a second he looked at the passenger seat expecting to see his brother but there was no body in the car with him.
He shook his head tiredly, he must be loosing it.

He started the engine preparing to drive off but he strained his ears and waited.

Vrroooooooooom!!! Vrrroooooooom! Vrrrroooooooommmm!!!!!

The sound got louder gradually.
His heart began to pound.

Exactly 45 seconds later, the sound began to get closer.

Then he saw the bike, still performing insane stunts, the driver was probably rejoicing he had lost his pursuer.

Bigelow put the gear in D not R anymore and stepped on the gas with force.
He charged at the incoming bike and shouted, filled with adrenaline as the needle rose steadily.

To be continued.....

Below is a graphic illustration of Bigelow's maneuver.....me I'm an indoor person so if something is amiss all the conc lagosians should please point it out....stay blessed!

18 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 12:44pm On Aug 08, 2018
@ donkelz i'm good bro, just pushing the hustle. Would get your number from your siggy and send you a message. Long time bruv
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Evold: 1:12pm On Aug 08, 2018
so I was staring at the illustration when I won't even understand the map of my city Kampala.

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by dimssy(m): 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2018
Souloho19 is a badass.....

Nice work one man.
I feel like driving a power bike now.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Ann2012(f): 2:07pm On Aug 08, 2018
Souloho 19...you too much Oga,
Double tuale for you wink
Re: The Hole In The Wall by kingphilip(m): 2:27pm On Aug 08, 2018
great work and solid research too

continue the good work
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Bleeze2: 2:33pm On Aug 08, 2018
You are going places bro
Re: The Hole In The Wall by paulohgirlie(f): 3:07pm On Aug 08, 2018
Kudos smiley

Chop knuckles grin grin
Re: The Hole In The Wall by donkelz(m): 4:54pm On Aug 08, 2018
souloho19:
@ donkelz i'm good bro, just pushing the hustle. Would get your number from your siggy and send you a message. Long time bruv

Thanks for the mention and the update. Expecting your message and more hot! Updates!
Re: The Hole In The Wall by FameG(f): 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2018
Nooooooo, Souloho19 , u r just too good. To think that you just dont write any idea that comes to your brain but you also do research for your write-up, i salute you.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by RegArmani: 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2018
What else can I say about u Souloho10? Turning me to Nairaland addict...Just come and marry my sister for free bro.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by RegArmani: 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2018
RegArmani:
What else can I say about u Souloho10? Turning me to Nairaland addict...Just come and marry my sister for free bro.

Souloho is a gem, pals[color=#006600][/color]
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Jazmiynne: 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2018
Souloho19 the map really got me! grin cheesy grin cheesy

Oya Smackdown things loading! grin
Re: The Hole In The Wall by HORLADSTAR(m): 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2018
Oh my God!This is just the beginning.
Thumb up to you bośs
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Pinkfeet: 9:34pm On Aug 08, 2018
You always amaze me with this your writing skill , so you still remember all this Nigeria old story .

Thumb up

Sparrow thanks for saving the child .
So fome is now a looser
I wish the letter should be inside the envelope Rex is holding

Bigelow well done .

Thanks for the update

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (100) (Reply)

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms / A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.