Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

The Hole In The Wall - Literature (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hole In The Wall (435522 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / A Short Story - The Wall Between- Haruna Shukurat / lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Preciousbouy(m): 6:58am On Jul 29, 2018

Seunfunmi18 Charminee Bleeze2 okeyben10 phayth
Ann2012 Criis joshes Oluwaseunliz princessadeola
eberechi24 pinkfeet phoenixchap pinkbae donteanz
preciousbouy honourable356(Thanks boss!)
IAmkingoludav queenitee cylovee gabi98 helenbee
paqman kaycee9242 Oroolorun ekopsparoAyara wizsolzy explosive04 Chizzymaris jalo1 samwobi
waacut .....

Thanks for the mention man..... Jah bless you, more wisdom to your brain
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Preciousbouy(m): 7:06am On Jul 29, 2018
wait did they say emmy is not breathing Well I think the bastard got a lot unknown to the duo.....
in shot
Make them chuck the idiotic fellow inside water, if that one no work make them shoot for near him ear....dem no born am well that him pretence go piante sharpally
Re: The Hole In The Wall by IAmkingoludav(m): 8:04am On Jul 29, 2018
He's not dead he's jxt not breathing
souloho19 thanks for the mention u be baba
Re: The Hole In The Wall by phoenixchap: 9:40am On Jul 29, 2018
No No No na, baddhess Emenike should not just die like that na. He's not innocent but dying like that attracts more trouble for Rex and Brota, please don't let him die plsss
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 29, 2018
Souloho19, you're doing a fantastic job here. Ride on bro. More fresh poo to your anus.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Kaycee9242(m): 11:16am On Jul 29, 2018
OK na so u ppl av killed emmy, my hand no dy oooo!! Souloho u too much joor
Re: The Hole In The Wall by explosive04(m): 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2018
Buzz don suffer bajebaje bt as for Emenike, make Rex bring am here jare "baba elewe-omo" go reset his factory setting wit "agbo"...
Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenitee(f): 1:44pm On Jul 29, 2018
Jesus oo. I said it, I don't think the woman is Fome. But is that how Emenike would die?
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Evold: 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
Sparrow is exceptional. the rest can pack up and leave especially that amateur Rex
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Wonderz1: 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2018
BABA YOU ARE REALLY A RARE GEM
Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 6:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
Okay guys.... It's few days to go.. Let's go and boost Mr Souloho votes again... Click on the link to cast your vote... https://www.nairaland.com/4596895/nomination-thread-july-5k-award/7#69727939
#JULY_IS_OURS
HAPPY SUNDAY GUYS...
Re: The Hole In The Wall by donteanz(m): 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2018
EkopSparoAyara:
Okay guys.... It's few days to go.. Let's go and boost Mr Souloho votes again... Click on the link to cast your vote... https://www.nairaland.com/4596895/nomination-thread-july-5k-award/7#69727939
#JULY_IS_OURS
HAPPY SUNDAY GUYS...
How Many Times Are We Allowed To Vote. I've Actually Voted Once. Feed Me More #FMM
Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 12:18am On Jul 30, 2018
donteanz:
How Many Times Are We Allowed To Vote. I've Actually Voted Once. Feed Me More #FMM
If you've voted already, that's okay... We are allowed to vote just once... Thanks...
Re: The Hole In The Wall by paafin(m): 7:10am On Jul 30, 2018
Ride on, boss
Re: The Hole In The Wall by donteanz(m): 10:09am On Jul 30, 2018
Souloho19 Baba, It Is With Great Joy I Am Annoucing To You That My Birthday Is In Two Days Time.
Abeg Make You Help Sama Me With Confam Birthday Suprise Update.
I Rep 1st Of August
Re: The Hole In The Wall by stevodot22(m): 12:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
It's about to go down! Can't wait to see the death od the real shadow. Bravo Souloho19.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Solly1(m): 12:54pm On Jul 31, 2018
Mr Soul, you're really good...

There are three geniuses on NL...
LARRYSUN,
SERAHIYARE, AND THE SUPERB
SOUL....

GOD BLESS
Re: The Hole In The Wall by paqman: 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
Souloho19 he is always giving us banger to banger, hope that fat idiot no go die

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 31, 2018
is now the film start... see suspens.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Speakout03: 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2018
I am finally here after 1 week of reading through, well done Soul,, something must fuel chief to anger maybe the death of his son
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Pinkfeet: 12:23am On Aug 01, 2018
thanks for the update
thanks for mention
eminike must not die now.
kudos to you souloho19 .

thanks to everyone that vote for souloho19 .
let wait for the result .

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by ChizzyMaris(f): 8:58am On Aug 01, 2018
Souloho19 please keep Emenike alive o. Even if it's just for a while. Meanwhile, I don't envy Buzz right now, he has really suffered.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by mrsochy: 9:21am On Aug 01, 2018
Hmmm..... So sweet i so much enjoyed my ride to this place detectif give dis baba an award on d orda siz.. Tanks fr d mention frm d beginnin abeg mention me on ur nxt update mr soul's ink u have use ur ink to cover my soulohoooo hehehe
Re: The Hole In The Wall by WAACUT(m): 9:52am On Aug 01, 2018
SOULOHO my man.. God bless your hand.....
Re: The Hole In The Wall by RegArmani: 5:40pm On Aug 01, 2018
We have won this month award already... Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by danyCEO(m): 7:43pm On Aug 01, 2018
Oga Souloho19 abeg update. The story is about to take a new twist. I see death everywhere shocked
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Youngzubi(m): 9:02pm On Aug 01, 2018
bigger boss @ Souloho19

ur type is still yet to be born so as for now we still have only one great soul out of the 19smiley
great work my man

still your guy youngzubi

click here to read SEX NAH FOOD just one click!

https://www.nairaland.com/4604676/sex-na-food-pidgin-comedy/0

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2018
mcjesuspikin samwobi bleeze2 helenbee okeyben10 oroolorun Ann2012 EkopsparoAyara preciousbouy IAmkingoludav phoenixchap xoshinugax kaycee9242 paafin charminee silvertrinity explosive04 queenitee evold wonderz1 paqman Stevodot22 solly1 cylovee speakout03 pinkfeet chizzymaris mrsochy waacut regArmani danyceo youngzubi Honourable356 princessadeola okeyben10
Thanks for your comments fam, you just may never know how important they are but I appreciate

By the way the story is confusing me the writer sef a little i'm just letting the spirit lead so if it give you small headache you're not alone cheesy

Please help me wish Donteanz happy birthday too

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 9:47pm On Aug 01, 2018
Dedicated To
Donteanz
Happy birthday bro, more wisdom blessings and more money to you bro!!

:::::::::::::::::

My hand froze on the door handle.
"What! he's not breathing?" I turned to the backseat where Dagnet was bent over Emenike who was sprawled across the backseat.
"He's not....he's not breathing" she replied in a shaky voice.
"Oh God.....I don't need this now....." I got down from the car and I was already shaking.

If Emenike died on me I would have another vengeful female after me (Ada) not to talk of my conscience. Afterall I had let him continue sniffing the deadly coke even when Dagnet had voiced her disapproval I still let him continue.

I got down from the car and hurried to the back seat. I yanked open the door the same time a torch light illuminated my form.
I turned and squinted. It was a security guard in a halogen uniform. "Hey, what's going on here?" he snapped

"I can feel his pulse....its very light.....please call an ambulance!" Dagnet shouted from the car.

"please security call an ambulance we need medical help over here" I barked at the guard.

But the man brought out his baton instead "Does this look like a hospital? My friend commot for here!"

"Where's the closest hospital" I asked ignoring the threatening step the security took towards me.

"mister man, I'm not going to tell you again....this is a private and secured property, you better-" his voice trailed off and he stared past me into the distance

"What is it?" I asked turning also. I didn't see anything but then I heard it.

VROO-VROOOO-VROOOOOM-VRRRROOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!

"That's a powerful powerbike" the guard said with admiration forgetting he had been about to attack me.

The sound began to get closer.

My gut suddenly told me I needed to bounce. Bounce fast.

I hurried into the car and shut the door.

"What's happening Are we going to the hospital?" Dagnet asked

I didn't reply. I started the engine without a word and without switching on the headlights reversed the car into the shadows.

"what is it?" Dagnet asked
as I killed the engine

"Shhhh"

"He's dying.....in fact, I think he's dead...."

I didn't reply.

The stupid security was going to give us away. He was sweeping the whole neighbourhood with the flashlight.
A second before the beam could illuminate our car, a powerbike appeared from nowhere and screeched to a stop in front of the building. The bike stood on its front tire and turned 360, some kind of Charly boy stunt. It looked good.

"Who is that?" Dagnet asked

"Hey who you be.....clear from here....the club is that way?" The security's voice rang out in the night
The driver didn't reply.

"Are you deaf?" the guard repeated harshly. "your bike make sense but you need to move"

Suddenly he fell to the ground and I could only guess he had been shot by a silenced weapon.

The driver got down from his bike, removed his helmet and walked over the body. He stopped and I saw the two flashes from the muzzle of the gun. The body jerked in response.

"Who is that?" Dagnet asked
"That's the real shadow" I replied in a breathless whisper.

He was dressed like a real shadow indeed. He had on some kind of flowing garment and I could see the trademark mop stick sticking out in some kind of cross on his back. If only it was an ordinary mop stick.

He stopped suddenly and looked in our direction.

I fliched and almost ducked but the weight in my lap stopped me. The weight of the 45caliber deadly pistol resting in my lap. I was armed, armed and deadly.

The shadow stood still staring in our direction and the deja vu swarmed me as I remembered a similar scenerio from the not so distant past.

He took a step forward and I put my hand on the door handle. I was going to open the door and shoot the bastard.

He had to be after the letters too. Damn the fool!

Suddenly a beam illuminated him and I heard the words "hey....what are you doing here? this is private property!" Another security guard rushed at the shadow but I didn't even see what the shadow did to him. The next thing I knew there were two dead security men on the floor. The shadow started towards our direction but he stopped at his bike and removed something I couldn't see clearly but I thought it looked like some kind of jerrycan.

The shadow looked in our direction a second longer then he turned and disappeared into the building.

I opened he car and got down with my gun balanced akwardly infront of me.

I didn't know yet but I had a feeling my aim was going to be very very poor in my present condition.

Thankfully Dagnet also got down with her shinny metal sig sauer in both hands. The barrel gleamed in the sunlight.

"He's going after the letters"I said

"But he doesn't have the key" she whispered

"I don't think he would need it" I replied

"Maybe we should call for backup" she said. Her voice was breaking a bit and I couldn't blame her. The newspapers had given a detailed chronicle about the real shadow's crimes and it suddenly didn't seem so wise to enter the building he just entered.

"backup is on its way....bami and co will be here soon" I replied
I took a deep breath and was about to enter the building when Lucky Dube began singing in my pocket.
I almst didn't pick the call but it was my dad. Maybe he had news about Olivia.....I hoped it was good news.
"hello dad..."
"son, I'm in lagos.."
"what...how....when...?"
"I'm at the house Emma was being kept but it seems the kidnapper disappeared not long ago...where are you now? I'm with the Buzz betrayer guy although I think he doesn't know anything anymore"

I was at a loss of words.

Suddenly a shrill alarm rang out from the building.

"That's a fire alarm" Dagnet shouted

"What's a fire alarm....? what are you up to....son where are...?"
My dad asked

I wasn't even listening or maybe it was my dad that stopped talking but the next thing I knew the phone was on the floor and I was running into the building.

Inside was lit up like a bank, flourescent lights that resembled flood lights illuminated every nook and crany of the building. There were metal drawers lined across the wall on both sides, each was labelled with a letter and number.

The box I needed was on the third floor and as I hurried up the stairs I could already feel the heat and smell the smoke from up above.

The object the shadow had taken from his bike that looked like a jerrycan....that had to be a fuel keg.

Why fire? Not again! It took me back to two years but as I skipped the stairs two at a time I couldn't afford another mistake. Not when my daughter's life was at risk.

:::::::::::::

Sparrow was like a ghost. First he circled the house slowly getting a feel of the number of people inside. He couldn't just barge in thinking they were just three people, i.e two women and the child.
There could be someone else.

He stayed in the shadows and lingered away from the windows even though the drapes were closed but his ear was like an antenna, wide open to catch any conversation coming from the house.

"....is just falling apart sister....you promised dad you wouldn't hurt...."
"Christie let me hear word...."
"....is not the enemy...."
"can't just kill the innocent...."
"Christie stop bugging me!"

He strained his ears and after some minutes he was certain just the two women where in the house.

Calmly, as if he was going to church, agent Sparrow walked to the front door and with a butter knife he began to jimmy the lock slowly and quietly.

After about 3 minutes he was in. He took a deep breath and sneaked into the apartment.

Agent Sparrow Ayara didn't use guns, he didn't use any weapons, the jackknife he carried was mostly used for picking locks or even eating sometimes. It was very good for buttering bread.
The monks didn't believe in external weapons.
The philosophy was that the greatest weapon was the mind and when one had total control of the mind, one could use the body for anything.
So Sparrow strolled into the room like a husband coming back home from work to meet his wife.

The voices grew louder and agent Sparrow pushed the door open and stepped inside. He took everything in within a matter of seconds.
The kidnapper was pacing the room. She seemed agitated while the younger lady was busy spoon feeding what had to be baby formula to the little girl who was hungry judging by the rate each spoon was going in.

"And so what? even Carmicheal has turned to a pussy he has forgotten the pact he had with Mr X.....wait till I get across to father....you just wait....you!"

Her voice trailed off when she saw Sparrow.

In a flash she had her gun out and trained on him "how did you find us?" She asked

"I'm not your enemy....." Sparrow's voice was soft and worm, almost enchanting and full of love. The greatest wars were won without violence. Love always conquered all.
That was another philosophy. Although he could get a bullet in the chest right now and it would all be bullshit.

"I know what you're up to...but this is not the way to go after it.....give me the baby" he stretched his hand and he saw the war waging inside her.
"I know who you are.....you're the girl.....the one with the delayed diagnosis....the original delayed diagnosis aren't you?"

Christie stopped feeding the baby and began looking strangely from one person to another, especially when her sister began to lower the gun. She was confused
"Sis....what is he talking about?"

Sensei was still speaking in his soft pillow talk voice "we're not that different....I lost my father before I knew him and he was a member of this hole...this baby is not the enemy don't make the mistake you will regret....."

"But Rex...."

"Is not the enemy....I know he caused the death of your loved ones but if you really want him to pay this is not the way...."

It was like magic when she lowered the gun.

Sensei Sparrow walked to the baby remaining eye contact with Christie who without a word handed the little girl to him.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

When the hilux screeched infront of the Regal Security Deposit building, flames were already licking the roof of the building. The fire was getting intense on the last floor. It seems the shadow had poured the gasoline on the floor containing the safety box with the letters. The very same floor Rex was in. The third and last floor.

Bami, Andy and Bigelow got down from the truck before it stopped fully. Dagnet was at the entrance of the building, between the glass doors with her gun drawn. She was shaking and on the point of hysteria.

"What happened? Where is Rex?" Andy shouted

Dagnet pointed at the burning building "I told him....he wouldn't stop..."

But Bami and Andy were already running through the building and up the stairs.

:::::::::::::::::

Rex

The smoke was thick and blinding and very choky. I began to cough the minute I was on the third floor. In my ringing ears, my cough sounded exactly how my car used to wheeze everytime I turned the ignition. That is before Bami got it fixed for me.

I stumbled down the corridor and my worst fear was spot on. The fire really originated from the deposit box with the label '3F'
The same with the key in my hands.

I had on a thick shirt with a mikey mouse logo, more like a sweater and I pulled it over my nose. luckily the fire hadn't spread that much. It mostly burned the entrance and the deposit box.

I saw a shadow....oh it wasn't jut any shadow it was the shadow at the other end and he was laughing.

"i think it is only fitting you burn to death don't you-"

I ran through the fire at the entrance, closing my eyes and shooting like a mad man.
Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

I wasted the whole chamber on him but he was gone. He must have gone out the window, a small round window a child would have trouble fitting through. I don't know how he did it, if he could walk on the wall or if he could teleport but the window was broken when my eyes focused and the flame was burning brightly in front of it, he must have spread the gasoline to seal me in. Truly the fire was burning round me in a kind of circle.
This was hell!

My eyes were running
My nose was running
My legs wanted to run
But still I dived my hands into the flame searching for the keyhole.
I was in a state I couldn't feel pain, all I could see was my wife and child. My daughter's fat cheeks.....and Olivia's sweet smile.
I felt the click and the metal door swung open and dropped to the floor. I plunged my hands in, trying to keep my face buried in my shirt and away from the hungry fire, I snatched everything I could from inside.

It was a big ancient brown envelope but to my dismay one end of it was on fire and it was spreading fast.
I pressed the envelope to my chest hoping to kill the flame with the thick cotton I had on but instead my shirt caught fire too.

I rolled on the floor with the envelope still pressed to my body and my rib shot pain darts to my brain. I stopped immediately and began crawling on my belly. The problem was; The shadow had doused the gasoline in three places. infront of the door( the entrance) around the 3F locker and also infront of the small circular window he had somehow managed to squeeze out of so I had nowhere to run or crawl.
I had literally run through the fire at the entrance earlier but now the fire was reaching the roof and I was flat on my belly. The pain from my side couldn't even make me stand up.
I couldn't crawl through the fire, I'd get roasted alive....and the letters were in my hands....or what was left of them....and....my daughter....I'd never see my daughter again....or my friends....or my family....or Olivia.....Olivia....

That was the last name in my head as the toxic carbon monoxide sucked me into the stateless dimension of oblivion.

::::::::::::::::::::::::

"We can't just stay here....we need to do something" Bigelow said when the gun shots rang from the building.

"I called someone from the station to send the fire service, they should be here before the fire really spreads" Dagnet replied her voice was shaking. All her years of service she had never faced field action like this.

Bigelow brought out his gun "They may need help here....who could they be shooting at anyway, security?"

Before Dagnet could answer they heard the powerful engine of a powerbike
VRoooooom Vrooooooom Vroooooom!

"That's the shadow! how did he get ourtside.....no one passed us" Dagnet was shocked

"What? the shadow?"
Bigelow's face went white.

"Yes he is the one who started the fire to destroy the.....heey where are you going?" she called after Bigelow who was running towards the hilux like a mad man.

Bigelow didn't have the keys to the truck. As he yanked the door open he could see the Shadow a little distance away infront of the night club. The son of a bitch was stationary, burning the tires and causing a whole lot of noise. He was turning the bike 360 in a stationary spot and firing the engine hence causing a loud noise.
Vrrrrrroooooooooom! Vrrrrroooooooooommmm!!

A couple of drunk teenagers who had stumbled out of the club at the end of the street where cheering him on and the shadow kept showing off for some seconds before he jerked the bike up and balanced on the back tire and sped off.

Bigelow bent down under the steering, he didn't look to see what he was doing but continued staring ahead as his brother's killer performed his stunts.
He ripped of the body work covering the wiring with inhuman force and in a second he had hot wired the car and was in hot pursuit.

:::::::

Dagnet had never been as confused as this since she attempted learning chess a few years ago. She stood in the same spot indecisive wondering if she should go after Bigelow or go into the building then she finally hurried towards the car she and Rex had brought, she had forgotten about the dying Emenike in the back seat. He would definitely be gone by now no doubt.
Well R.i.p to him.

She ran to the spot where Rex had parked the car earlier but it was gone!

To be continued.....

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Bleeze2: 10:25pm On Aug 01, 2018
Captivating

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Ann2012(f): 10:58pm On Aug 01, 2018
Thank God, Emma is saved

Bigelow... Go get d shadow now
Thanks for the update Souloho 19

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oroolorun(m): 11:03pm On Aug 01, 2018
Happy birthday Oga Donteans, wishing you all the best of life. Enjoy your day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (100) (Reply)

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms / A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.