Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Survival From Crucifixion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Survival From Crucifixion (2366 Views)

Truth About Crucifixion / Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria / The Real History Of Christianity - Was The Crucifixion A Hoax? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Survival From Crucifixion by Bastage: 8:58am On May 05, 2010
Niyi53:

Its just that you dont want to reason the line of my argument is the fall of your religion.
Explain the resemblance that occured btw jesus and jonah!

LMAO. My religion? Who said that I'm a Bible believer?
You're mistaken.

As for the resemblances between Jesus and Jonah, Jesus was made to fit the prophesies.
That rather screws up your religion. It means that your book was based on a fabrication.
Re: Survival From Crucifixion by Niyi53(m): 10:09am On May 05, 2010
As for the resemblances between Jesus and Jonah, Jesus was made to fit the prophesies.
That rather screws up your religion. It means that your book was based on a fabrication.
explain how it fit in to jesus. (analyze the prophesy)
Re: Survival From Crucifixion by petres007(m): 10:57am On May 05, 2010
Niyi53:

Its just that you dont want to reason the line of my argument is the fall of your religion.
Explain the resemblance that occured btw jesus and jonah!

@Niyi53,

I thought I already addressed that before?? Anyway? In case you didn't know, or in your zeal you forgot, the official standpoint of Islam as regards the crucifixion of Jesus is that he was not crucified at all! According to the story in the Koran, Allah had him substituted for someone else. grin

So please stop ranting about Jesus "surviving" the crucifixion. The only known "survivor" of crucifixion (to the best of my knowledge), was a friend of Josephus who was crucified in the siege of AD 70. Josephus saw him, and three others and then went to the Roman general in command (think it was Titus) to plead for their lives and he granted his wish. They were taken down and treated but only one of them survived.

Besides, the Roman soldiers were very good at killing and if Roman soldiers pronounced you dead, bros, you're dead!  grin grin grin

I think you really need to study more about this crucifixion thingy.  .  . Normally, victims of crucifixion kept pushing themselves up to try and breathe, of course, in the full glare of everybody watching, including the soldiers. And if for about 30 mins they don't see a victim move.  .  . he was dead!  grin
Re: Survival From Crucifixion by Niyi53(m): 10:00am On May 06, 2010
the official standpoint of Islam as regards the crucifixion of Jesus is that he was not crucified at all! According to the story in the Koran, Allah had him substituted for someone else.
this is not true! this is against the Holy Quran. no where in the holy quran did God Almighty says that he substituted somebody in place of Jesus! we the Ahmaddiyya Muslim community reject such allegation.

Jesus was truly placed on the cross but he did not die there, rather he was saved from it.
the verse that refers to this incident is the one in chapter 4:157, the verse is not denying the event but what it is denying is the death on it!
  وَّقَوْلِهِمْ اِنَّا قَتَلْنَا الْمَسِيْحَ عِيْسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ رَسُوْلَ اللّٰهِ‌ۚ وَمَا قَتَلُوْهُ وَمَا صَلَبُوْهُ وَلٰـكِنْ شُبِّهَ لَهُمْ‌ؕ وَاِنَّ الَّذِيْنَ اخْتَلَفُوْا فِيْهِ لَفِىْ شَكٍّ مِّنْهُ‌ؕ مَا لَهُمْ بِهٖ مِنْ عِلْمٍ اِلَّا اتِّبَاعَ الظَّنِّ‌ۚ وَمَا قَتَلُوْهُ يَقِيْنًاۢۙ‏
[4:158] وَقَوۡلِهِمۡ إِنَّا قَتَلۡنَا ٱلۡمَسِيحَ عِيسَى ٱبۡنَ مَرۡيَمَ رَسُولَ ٱللَّهِ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ وَمَا صَلَبُوهُ وَلَـٰكِن شُبِّهَ لَهُمۡ‌ۚ وَإِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ ٱخۡتَلَفُواْ فِيهِ لَفِى شَكٍّ۬ مِّنۡهُ‌ۚ مَا لَهُم بِهِۦ مِنۡ عِلۡمٍ إِلَّا ٱتِّبَاعَ ٱلظَّنِّ‌ۚ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ يَقِينَۢا
[4:158] And their saying, ‘We did kill the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah;’ whereas they slew him not, nor crucified him, but he was made to appear to them like one crucified; and those who differ therein are certainly in a state of doubt about it; they have no definite knowledge thereof, but only follow a conjecture; and they did not convert this conjecture into a certainty;
Re: Survival From Crucifixion by Bastage: 12:15pm On May 06, 2010
Apart from the statements I've already made, the whole conjecture that Christ survived the crucifixion ignores one very important point.

Christ was crucified by the Romans.

It didn't matter if the Christians wanted him alive. The Romans wanted him dead. He was subject to a Roman punishment under Roman supervision. He would not have been taken down from the cross unless the Romans were sure that he was dead.
Re: Survival From Crucifixion by Niyi53(m): 8:24am On May 08, 2010
He would not have been taken down from the cross unless the Romans were sure that he was dead.

do they release the dead bodies of the crucified (to friends or relatives or anybody)?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Typical 'illuminati' Mindset / Vatican: ‘Homosexuals Have Gifts And Qualities To Offer Christians’ / Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.