Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,212 members, 7,818,721 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible (2362 Views)

D / "Contradictions" In The Bible / Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 19, 2015
In the New Testament, there are contradictions between the genealogies of Jesus given in the first chapter of Matthew and the third chapter of Luke. Both genealogies begin with Joseph. But Matthew says Joseph’s father was Jacob, while Luke claims he was Heli. Matthew lists 26 generations between Jesus and King David, whereas Luke records 41. Matthew runs Jesus’ line of descent through David’s son Solomon, while Luke has it going through David’s son Nathan.

2. The story of Jesus' birth is also contradictory. Matthew 2:13-15 depicts Joseph and Mary as fleeing to Egypt with the baby Jesus immediately after the wise men from the east had brought gifts. But Luke 2:22-40 claims that after the birth of Jesus, his parents remained in Bethlehem for the time of Mary’s purification (which was 40 days, under the Mosaic law). Afterwards, they brought Jesus to Jerusalem "to present him to the Lord," and then returned to their home in Nazareth. Luke mentions no journey into Egypt or visit by wise men from the east.

3. Concerning the death of Judas, Matthew 27:5 states he took the money he had received for betraying Jesus, threw it down in the temple, and "went and hanged himself." To the contrary, Acts 1:18 claims Judas used the money to purchase a field and "falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by nairalandbuzz(m): 3:22pm On Feb 19, 2015
Gosh....

Binb:
In the New Testament, there are contradictions between the genealogies of Jesus given in the first chapter of Matthew and the third chapter of Luke. Both genealogies begin with Joseph. But Matthew says Joseph’s father was Jacob, while Luke claims he was Heli. Matthew lists 26 generations between Jesus and King David, whereas Luke records 41. Matthew runs Jesus’ line of descent through David’s son Solomon, while Luke has it going through David’s son Nathan.

2. The story of Jesus' birth is also contradictory. Matthew 2:13-15 depicts Joseph and Mary as fleeing to Egypt with the baby Jesus immediately after the wise men from the east had brought gifts. But Luke 2:22-40 claims that after the birth of Jesus, his parents remained in Bethlehem for the time of Mary’s purification (which was 40 days, under the Mosaic law). Afterwards, they brought Jesus to Jerusalem "to present him to the Lord," and then returned to their home in Nazareth. Luke mentions no journey into Egypt or visit by wise men from the east.

3. Concerning the death of Judas, Matthew 27:5 states he took the money he had received for betraying Jesus, threw it down in the temple, and "went and hanged himself." To the contrary, Acts 1:18 claims Judas used the money to purchase a field and "falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out

My question is which of these contradictory accounts is true and which is false, Obviously they cant all be true

1. If you know more about the new testamentary lives, you will know that there are different sects there in. Matthew wrote for a different audience and so is Mark and Luke. John's writing is something else and that is the reason it is not referred to as a synoptic gospel. To know more about that, study about the genealogy so well and you will understand that they use the lineage of the mother at times instead of that of the father and using any it still boils down to the same truth... Mother's name are used in place of fathers name some times and what really matters is the reader of whom the letter is written to. Note: The bible is not written to us, It is written for us.

2. Matthew wrote his for the Jews, Luke for the Gentiles and Mark for the Gentiles - particularly Rome. Matthew was trying to let them know that you have read the old testaments and these are proofs that He is the Messiah.

3. This is as a result of the problem of idiomatic interpretation of the scriptures. Yes... he threw the money down in the temple and they used the money to buy the land where he hung himself. If you dont know, please know now that he hung himself at the helm of a place that has thongs of trees. So, what happened here is that Judas went and hung himself and then his body later fell down and split open. In other words, the rope or branch of the tree probably broke due to the weight and his body fell down and his bowels spilled out.
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 19, 2015
more:

4. As for the crucifixion, Matthew 27:44 tells us Jesus was taunted by both criminals who were being crucified with him. But Luke 23:39-43 relates that only one of the criminals taunted Jesus, the other criminal rebuked the one who was doing the taunting, and Jesus told the criminal who was defending him, "Today shalt thou be with me in paradise."

5. Regarding the last words of Jesus while on the cross, Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34 quote Jesus as crying with a loud voice, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Luke 23:46 gives his final words as, "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit." John 19:30 alleges the last words were, "It is finished."
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 19, 2015
more:
6. There are even contradictions in the accounts of the resurrection – the supposed event that is the very foundation of the Christian religion. Mark 16:2 states that on the day of the resurrection, certain women arrived at the tomb at the rising of the sun. But John 20:1 informs us they arrived when it was yet dark. Luke 24:2 describes the tomb as open when the women arrived, whereas Matthew 28:1-2 indicates it was closed. Mark 16:5 declares that the women saw a young man at the tomb, Luke 24:4 says they saw two men, Matthew 28:2 reports they saw an angel, and John 20:11-12 claims they saw two angels.

7. Also in the resurrection stories, there are contradictions as to the identity of the women who came to the tomb,[7] whether the men or angels the women saw were inside or outside the tomb,[8] whether the men or angels were standing or sitting,[9] and whether Mary Magdalene recognized the' risen' Jesus when he first appeared to her.

8. As a final example of a New Testament contradiction, the conflicting accounts of Paul’s conversion can be cited. Acts 9:7 states that when Jesus called Paul to preach the gospel, the men who were with Paul heard a voice but saw no man. According to Acts 22:9, however, the men saw a light but didn't hear the voice speaking to Paul.

My question is which of these contradictory accounts is true and which is false, Obviously they cant all be true
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 19, 2015
Some one also posted biblical verses where it was commanded that people should be wiped out including their animals.

And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly
destroyed the men, and the women, and the little
ones, of every city, we left none to remain.
Deuteronomy 2:34

And we utterly destroyed them, ... utterly destroying
the men, women, and children, of every city.
Deuteronomy 3:6

And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them
before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly
destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with
them, nor shew mercy unto them.
Deuteronomy 7:2

And thou shalt consume all the people which the
LORD thy God shall deliver thee; thine eye shall
have no pity upon them.
Deuteronomy 7:16

Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city
with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and
all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the
edge of the sword.
Deuteronomy 13:15

But of the cities of these people, which the LORD
thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt
save alive nothing that breatheth.
Deuteronomy 20:16-17

And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city,
both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and
sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.
Joshua 6:21

So smote all the country ... he left none remaining,
but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD
God of Israel commanded.
Joshua 10:40

Thus saith the LORD of hosts ... go and smite
Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and
spare them not; but slay both man and woman,
infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
1 Samuel 15:2-3
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by nairalandbuzz(m): 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2015
more:

4. As for the crucifixion, Matthew 27:44 tells us Jesus was taunted by both criminals who were being crucified with him. But Luke 23:39-43 relates that only one of the criminals taunted Jesus, the other criminal rebuked the one who was doing the taunting, and Jesus told the criminal who was defending him, "Today shalt thou be with me in paradise."

As said earlier.... The recipients... they are same thing... Luke 23:39 said One of the criminals who was suspended kept up a railing at Him, saying, Are You not the Christ (the Messiah)? Rescue Yourself and us [[a]from death]! meaning the other one stopped while this one continued...

Guy you cant start by reading a type of prose without understanding how it is written and for whom... Have you ever tried Shakespeare?

5. Regarding the last words of Jesus while on the cross, Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34 quote Jesus as crying with a loud voice, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Luke 23:46 gives his final words as, "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit." John 19:30 alleges the last words were, "It is finished."

They are sequential.... It seems you are an atheist.... Here do I stop too!

Matthew 27:50 said "And Jesus cried again with a loud voice and gave up His spirit"
But did not say what he cried out AGAIN (again there meaning he has cried what you said earlier in verse 46 before saying this in verse 50)....

Mark 15:37 also said "And Jesus uttered a loud cry, and breathed out His life." same thing as Matthew mind you...

John alleged IT IS finished as it means to carry out the contents of a command
It is the word Teleo
King James Word Usage - Total: 26
finish 8, fulfil 7, accomplish 4, pay 2, perform 1, expire 1, miscellaneous 3

Luke says unto thee do I commend my spirit to mean to commit to one's charge to the one above
It is the word Paratithemi
King James Word Usage - Total: 19
set before 9, commit 3, commend 3, put forth 2, commit the keeping of 1, allege 1

As I said earlier, I quit

Una no wan gree sha.... now I know your ID.
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 19, 2015
what do you mean by they are sequential. I am not an atheist, I am a muslim
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by nairalandbuzz(m): 4:03pm On Feb 19, 2015
Binb:
what do you mean by they are sequential. I am not an atheist,

last note edited
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 19, 2015
nairalandbuzz:

As said earlier.... The recipients... they are same thing... Luke 23:39 said One of the criminals who was suspended kept up a railing at Him, saying, Are You not the Christ (the Messiah)? Rescue Yourself and us [[a]from death]! meaning the other one stopped while this one continued...

Guy you cant start by reading a type of prose without understanding how it is written and for whom... Have you ever tried Shakespeare?

They are sequential.... It seems you are an atheist.... Here do I stop too!

Matthew 27:50 said "And Jesus cried again with a loud voice and gave up His spirit"
But did not say what he cried out AGAIN (again there meaning he has cried what you said earlier in verse 46 before saying this in verse 50)....

Mark 15:37 also said "And Jesus uttered a loud cry, and breathed out His life." same thing as Matthew mind you...

John alleged IT IS finished as it means to carry out the contents of a command
It is the word Teleo
King James Word Usage - Total: 26
finish 8, fulfil 7, accomplish 4, pay 2, perform 1, expire 1, miscellaneous 3

Luke says unto thee do I commend my spirit to mean to commit to one's charge to the one above
It is the word Paratithemi
King James Word Usage - Total: 19
set before 9, commit 3, commend 3, put forth 2, commit the keeping of 1, allege 1

As I said earlier, I quit

Una no wan gree sha.... now I know your ID.

What is this one saying, four people who supposedly witnessed one event all reported Jesus saying different things, and you are here yearning sequential. Are they not all supposed to have been inspired by the holy spirit? why are they reporting different things.
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by frank317: 5:54pm On Feb 19, 2015
Binb:

If you are a Muslim stop posting contradictions in the bible. If you have so much free time and don't know what to do with it, how about taking your time to edit your murderous book called the Koran that has led to multitude of innocent deaths in the last 10 yes.

You obviously have no shame... Wasting all your energy taking off a piece of feather in someone's eye while a big log of wood is in yours.

Religion and brainlesneas go together.

2 Likes

Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by alienvirus: 5:59pm On Feb 19, 2015
God bless you Binb.
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 6:22pm On Feb 19, 2015
The thing is the koran and the bible is riddled with contradictions and myths and impossible fables.

But Binb it will be better you start seeing the contradictions in your own holy book and leave others alone.

For the guy who said all the verses above hold no contradiction, thats a huge lie.

Mark is the earliest of the 4gospels you know others hugely copied from him adding their own fantasies too.
Tho the four gospel were written by anonymous authors, christian scribes added those name tags you see now.

They were more than 300 gospels written, almost all were dropped in favour of the four gospels you have now at the council of nicea where the canon of the bible was assembled.

The koran copied hugely from judaic text and gnostic gospels.
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by truthman2012(m): 7:30pm On Feb 19, 2015
Binb:

As a muslim who believe there is no contradiction in Allah's words, have you seen these?

1. Does evil come from Allah?

Yes

.... If some good befalls them,
they say "This is from Allah".
But if evil, they say "This is from
thee" (O prophet). Say: "All
things are from Allah....
Qur'an 4:78

Allah claimed responsibility for
all things, both good and evil
that befall man. “All things are
from Allah” mean EVERYTHING
and ANYTHING is from Him,
both good and evil.

No

Whatever good, (O man!)
happens to thee, is from Allah.
But whatever evil happens to
thee, is from thyself. But what
has come to these people. That
they fail to understand a single
fact
Qur'an 4:79

Allah denied being responsible
for evil and claimed
responsibility for good only. No
more all things or everything
and anything

2. How many trumpets will be
blown on Qiyamah?

Two

On the day when the first
Trumpet resoundeth
And the second followeth it,
Qur'an 79:6-7

One only
And when the trumpet shall
sound one blast, Qur'an 69:13

3. For whom is salvation?

For all pious theists

Those who believe (in the
Qur'an), those who follow the
Jewish (scriptures), and the
Sabians and the Christians, - any
who believe in Allah and the
Last Day, and work
righteousness,- on them shall
be no fear, nor shall they
grieve.
Qur'an 5:69

For all pious theists

Verily! Those who believe and
those who are Jews and
Christians, and Sabians ,
whoever believes in Allah and
the Last Day and do righteous
good deeds shall have their
reward with their Lord, on
them shall be no fear, nor shall
they grieve.
Qur'an 2:62

For Muslims only

If anyone desires a religion
other than Islam (submission to
Allah), never will it be accepted
of him; and in the Hereafter He
will be in the ranks of those
who have lost (All spiritual
good).
Qur'an 3:85

For Muslims only

Truly, the religion with Allah is
Islam. Those who were given
the Scripture (Jews and
Christians) did not differ except,
out of mutual jealousy, after
knowledge had come to them.
And whoever disbelieves in the
Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses,
signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah,
then surely, Allah is Swift in
calling to account..
Qur'an 3:19

1 Like

Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by truthman2012(m): 7:43pm On Feb 19, 2015
more:

4. Where do disbelievers
receive their record book on
Judgment day?

Behind their back

But he who is given his Record
behind his back
Qur'an 84:10

On the left hand

And he that will be given his
Record in his left hand, will say:
"Ah! Would that my Record had
not been given to me!
Qur'an 69:25

5. Can you marry non-
Muslims?

No

Do not marry unbelieving
women (idolaters), until they
believe: A slave woman who
believes is better than an
unbelieving woman, even
though she allures you. Nor
marry (your girls) to
unbelievers until they believe: A
man slave who believes is
better than an unbeliever, even
though he allures you.
Unbelievers do (but) beckon
you to the Fire. But Allah
beckons by His Grace to the
Garden (of bliss) and
forgiveness, and makes His
Signs clear to mankind: That
they may celebrate His praise.
Qur'an 2:221

Yes

(even though Qur'an 9;29
calls Christians idolaters)
This day are (all) good things
made lawful for you. The food
of those who have received the
Scripture is lawful for you, and
your food is lawful for them.
And so are the virtuous women
of the believers and the
virtuous women of those who
received the Scripture before
you (lawful for you) when ye
give them their marriage
portions and live with them in
honour, not in fornication, nor
taking them as secret
concubines. Whoso denieth the
faith, his work is vain and he
will be among the losers in the
Hereafter.
Qur'an 5:5

The virtuous women of those
who received the Scripture
before were Jews and
Christians, which by Islamic
belief were unbelievers and
idolaters. Calling them “ women
of those who received the
Scripture before you” shows
they were yet to believe in
islam. Muslims were permitted
to marry them even though
they were yet to believe
contradicting the above warning
not to do so .

1 Like

Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by truthman2012(m): 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2015
more:

6. Will Allah reward the good
deeds of non-Muslims?

No

It is not for such as join gods
with Allah, to visit or maintain
the mosques of Allah while they
witness against their own souls
to infidelity. The works of such
bear no fruit: In Fire shall they
dwell.
Qur'an 9:17

Yes

And whoso doeth good an
atom's weight will see it then
Qur'an 99:7

Yes,

For all pious theists

Lo! Those who believe (in that
which is revealed unto thee
Muhammad) and those who are
Jews and Christians and
Sabaens – whosoever believeth
in Allah and the Last Day and
doeth right – surely their
reward is with their Lord and
there shall no fear come upon
them neither shall they grieve.
Qur’an 2:62

Yes,

For all pious theists
Those who believe (in the
Qur'an), those who follow the
Jewish (scriptures), and the
Sabians and the Christians,- any
who believe in Allah and the
Last Day, and work
righteousness,- on them shall
be no fear, nor shall they
grieve.
Qur'an 5:69

7. To whom was the
revelation sent?

Arabs

Had We sent this as a Qur'an
(in the language) other than
Arabic, they would have said:
"Why are not its verses
explained in detail? What! (a
Book) not in Arabic and (a
Messenger an Arab?" Qur'an
41:44

All mankind

O mankind! Now hath a proof
from your Lord come unto you,
and We have sent down unto
you a clear light; Qur'an 4:174

Illiterate people

He it is Who hath sent among
the unlettered ones a
messenger of their own, to
recite unto them His revelations
and to make them grow, and to
teach them the Scripture and
Wisdom enough herefore they
were indeed in error manifest
Qur'an 62:2

1 Like

Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by malvisguy212: 8:56pm On Feb 19, 2015
The contradiction the op quoted from the bible was "the word spoken by men" but the contradiction truthman2012 quoted is the word of Allah, the Muslim claimed was that the quran comes directly from heaven, will God make soo many error?

Op read here and see how Allah change his revelation https://www.nairaland.com/2121425/allahs-invalidate-own-revelation

1 Like

Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by truthman2012(m): 10:13pm On Feb 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
The contradiction the op quoted from the bible was "the word spoken by men" but the contradiction truthman2012 quoted is the word of Allah, the Muslim claimed was that the quran comes directly from heaven, will God make soo many error?

Op read here and see how Allah change his revelation https://www.nairaland.com/2121425/allahs-invalidate-own-revelation

Allah made so many mistakes that even an illiterate man could not make. Smh!

1 Like

Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by truthman2012(m): 10:37pm On Feb 19, 2015
@ OP

If you want many more CONTRADICTIONS in allah's words, I will be happy to supply them. Is that the book allah lied it is preserved in heaven? laila illa lah!!! lie lie lie!!!

Allah is indeed the Greatest among the lying gods.
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by Takara: 10:40pm On Feb 19, 2015
@truthman, do not derail this thread, address the contradictions in the bible first then you can open another thread for us to discuss the Qur'an. I can assure u that those issues you raised wil be dealt with
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by truthman2012(m): 10:07am On Feb 20, 2015
Takara:
@truthman, do not derail this thread, address the contradictions in the bible first then you can open another thread for us to discuss the Qur'an. I can assure u that those issues you raised wil be dealt with

This is not the first time the contradictions were posted even in muslims' section, no refutals.

There is noway you can deal with the contradictions in the quran without resorting to lying.
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by nairalandbuzz(m): 12:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
johnydon22:
The thing is the koran and the bible is riddled with contradictions and myths and impossible fables.

But Binb it will be better you start seeing the contradictions in your own holy book and leave others alone.

For the guy who said all the verses above hold no contradiction, thats a huge lie.

Mark is the earliest of the 4gospels you know others hugely copied from him adding their own fantasies too.
Tho the four gospel were written by anonymous authors, christian scribes added those name tags you see now.

They were more than 300 gospels written, almost all were dropped in favour of the four gospels you have now at the council of nicea where the canon of the bible was assembled.

The koran copied hugely from judaic text and gnostic gospels.

I agree with you that Mark wrote his first before others using his as a foot print but I wont agree the part that they are anonymous. There are similar books with same theme n different context. The other gospels that you so claimed were not authoritative and so were not part of the canon.

Note: The canon is not an authoritative collection of books but a collection of authoritative books.
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 12:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
nairalandbuzz:

I agree with you that Mark wrote his first before others using his as a foot print but I wont agree the part that they are anonymous. There are similar books with same theme n different context. The other gospels that you so claimed were not authoritative and so were not part of the canon.

Note: The canon is not an authoritative collection of books but a collection of authoritative books.

Lets not argue over it... Go do your research!!!
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
@truthman this thread is about contradiction in the bible, it appears you cannot address the contradictions in the bible and you are ashamed to admit that so the next thing is to derail the thread. If you want us to discuss the Glorious Qur'an create another thread. if you want answers to claims of contradictions in the Qur'an you may visit this link and read the detailed rebuttal by Islamic Scholars: http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/quranerr.htm

NB did you notice any insult or name calling in my post, why cant you be decent enough to make your point without insulting islam or its tenets
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 12:43pm On Feb 20, 2015
Binb:
@truthman this thread is about contradiction in the bible, it appears you cannot address the contradictions in the bible and you are ashamed to admit that so the next thing is to derail the thread. If you want us to discuss the Glorious Qur'an create another thread. if you want answers to claims of contradictions in the Qur'an you may visit this link and read the detailed rebuttal by Islamic Scholars: http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/quranerr.htm

NB did you notice any insult or name calling in my post, why cant you be decent enough to make your point without insulting islam or its tenets

Somehow this is true
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by malvisguy212: 1:04pm On Feb 20, 2015
Binb:

read this link, it answer ALL THE CONTRADICTION in the op. http://www.reformed.org/master/index.html?mainframe=/bible/boettner/inspire4.html
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by nairalandbuzz(m): 1:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
johnydon22:

Lets not argue over it... Go do your research!!!

I have done it many times.
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 1:46pm On Feb 20, 2015
nairalandbuzz:

I have done it many times.

And you found that matthew, mark, luke and john authored those books?
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by nairalandbuzz(m): 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
johnydon22:

And you found that matthew, mark, luke and john authored those books?

Yes.

What is your source?
Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 2:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
nairalandbuzz:

Yes.

What is your source?

Try and get the new community bible (Catholic edition) ... it introduces each book of the bible and states the history between all of them, it depicts transparency.

2 Likes

Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by truthman2012(m): 6:10pm On Feb 20, 2015
Binb:

I have gone through the link and discovered:

- Most of the particular quranic contradictions I posted are not in the so-called rebutals.

- The people used two corresponding verses (i.e verses that are in agreement) to make explanations, neglecting the contradictory verses as if they are irrelevant. That is no rebutal at all.

For example, tell me what he said is the rebutal for:

''Where do disbelievers
receive their record book on
Judgment day?''

Behind their back

But he who is given his Record
behind his back
Qur'an 84:10

On the left hand

And he that will be given his
Record in his left hand, will say:
"Ah! Would that my Record had
not been given to me!
Qur'an 69:25

1 Like

Re: Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible by Takara: 9:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
@ truthman First, I think we need to be clear about what is contradiction- contradiction May be defined as a combination of statement, ideas or features which are opposed to one another. That is to say they cannot happen at the same time. the Quranic situation you quoted are not contradictory you can receive your record behind your back in your left hand. This is possible if you are given from the back and in your left hand. No contradiction.

Now to the biblical contradictions-Matthew said Joseph the carpenter 's father is Jacob while Luke said it is Heli, this is a clear contradiction, as he cannot be a son of Jacob and heli at the same time.

Mathew lists 41 generations between Jesus and David while Luke says it is 26 generations. Now either Luke or Matthew is lying or both of them are lying. Both statements cannot be true. that is contradiction. And Christians wiant us to believe that both Mathhew and Luke were inspired by the Holy Spirit!

I hope you now understand what contradiction is!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Don't Scroll Without Typing AMEN(PHOTO) / About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts / Breaking: Archbishop Lanre Obembe Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.