Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card (54365 Views)

Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support / Eba And Soup Used As Communion In Church (video) / Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by nnamezie87(m): 2:48pm On Mar 04, 2018
sunnysunny69:
Catholic church will not give you unless you have a communion card, but outside Nigeria Europe for example, holy communion is like pure water, wherever mass is celebrated, anyone can join the line and have it, only we Africans turn things on our heads.

EDIT.
Some catholic churches but not all.

NO, THIS IS ONLY AT STATIONS THAT DOESN'T HAVE A RESIDENT PRIEST. IF IT IS A PARISH, NO VARD IS REQUIRED, THE EXCESS COMMUNION WILL BE TAKEN BACK TO D CHAPEL OR TABERNACLE.

SAY WHAT YOU KNOW.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by victor1B: 2:48pm On Mar 04, 2018
kingsleyugo41:
I am a member of Anglican church, traveled to a place where i decided to worship with an Anglican church, when the holy communion was going on i decided to go and receive holy communion on getting there, I was asked to go back because i didn't put on white shirt or a card to show.

pls, my follow Aglicans is it right?
may God have Marcy on U bcu is not everything U need to say ...... am proud of Anglican
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Deicide: 2:50pm On Mar 04, 2018
Odinary bread and gin na in una day contemplate on like this?
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by ayusco85(m): 2:50pm On Mar 04, 2018
Mboi2:

It's not true. You're not Anglican so stop saying what you don't know. So someone who is 40years old that had his confirmation at the age of 12 will be carrying his card every time?

Not every church give card. You are not Anglican don't say am not
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Ehibiggirl(f): 2:50pm On Mar 04, 2018
Juicybreed:
This can happen in the church that have limited number of worshippers. So what happens is this. Before the church service begins, u need to have ur card, with this card they determine the holy communion to be blessed. It's nothing new
it then means they don't have plans to accommodate new members, first time worshippers, why send someone away from partaking of the Lords table? Does the table now belong to the pastor?or the church members.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:50pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.
That card is not only a proof that you are qualified to receive the Holy communion but also a proof that your name is in the book of life.

No matter where you are, have that card handy.
A person who dies holding that card is guaranteed of a sure visa to heaven.

abeg talk with facts o..so the card is now Jesus christ that gives salvation to heaven...so if i holds at card now n dies, straight to heaven....n.a. wa. .simply say its the church membership card....and as she is not a member in that branch holding that card, she was not allowed....even in my Catholic church, there is a plastic card you take at the church entrance before the church starts if you know you are in the state of grace to receive holy communion that day....pls stop confusing people with this card thing. .please!

1 Like

Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by toprealman: 2:51pm On Mar 04, 2018
sunnysunny69:
Catholic church will not give you unless you have a communion card, but outside Nigeria Europe for example, holy communion is like pure water, wherever mass is celebrated, anyone can join the line and have it, only we Africans turn things on our heads.

EDIT.
Tell me how Africa will grow with this attitude? We make irrelevant things relevant and vice versa!
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Tobycharles: 2:55pm On Mar 04, 2018
allenbaker5:
Lol, they're right, why do you think they should waste their communion on you when you're not one of their customers grin

Did you subscribe for the month in that particular branch?

U just cracked me up bro, what a subtle n witty way to go
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Iseoluwani: 3:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.
That card is not only a proof that you are qualified to receive the Holy communion but also a proof that your name is in the book of life.

Card... Keep fooling yourself
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by emmyskinny: 3:01pm On Mar 04, 2018
kingsleyugo41:
I am a member of Anglican church, traveled to a place where i decided to worship with an Anglican church, when the holy communion was going on i decided to go and receive holy communion on getting there, I was asked to go back because i didn't put on white shirt or a card to show.

A town without rules guiding d conduct of d ppl,no SIN is c'tted,but as long as dere's a rule in place,everyone must adhere to it.
Next time,obey d rules n save yourself embarrassment.
Obedience to instructions might be PAINFUL,but d end result is always GAINFUL.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by SirBunky85(m): 3:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
Originalsly:
Why should he keep unholy practices in the church a secret? .... kids kept having their as.ses battered by pedophile priests for yearssss and parents kept quiet because they didn't want others to start bashing the church.. If the church is practising Christianity...then the only reason for someone not receiving communion should he the church is out of beer wine.
Abeg shift,how does ur comparison of kids getting bashed by priests correlate with dis write up? Now dat he has brought It here, what's d essence if not to bash d church?

1 Like

Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by AbaNgele: 3:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
sunnysunny69:

EDIT.

Catholic churches that do that are stations and yet to be dedicated Chaplaincies.

Reason, the count people who will take communion before blessing it by distributing those card. Leftover communions can't be carried around like that since the church is not yet dedicated, and shortage is not good. At times you see the priest dividing the communion for it to be able to reach everybody.

1 Like

Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.

So is the card noe a substitute to the saving grace of God? Mind you, it's just a paper, anyone may have it and still go about perpetrating punishable offences... when has God placed such preference to an ordinary paper at the expense of the death of His Son on the cross?...I think this is erroneous!
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by pressplay411(m): 3:24pm On Mar 04, 2018
kingsleyugo41:

Hope you're Nairaland intelligent enough to know how to filter out silly comments and sift out intelligent ones. Truth is this question is better posted in a Christian forum clearly NL is not one.

That said I hope comments here don't add to your confusion.
The issue of communion and its eligibility is a foggy one for me but I don't think it's right to disqualify anyone for administrative reasons. I don't think cards and receipts are even scriptural.
But do not let it anger you but let it motivate and direct you to seek adequate knowledge about communion and other church practices.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
Yes they are right coz if u have arrived early, u will be sure to pick ur own communion card. It is a way of showing that you are in the state of grace and that you are a communicant. If measures like this is not taken, anyboby, I repeat anybody will just walk up to the altar n receive d body of Christ without knowing the implications of their action.
For the record, I am not an Anglican but a Catholic.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 04, 2018
The Op is just a busy body, not just anyone can come out and receive Holy communion, he should know that but he decided to embarrass himself, now he brings his stupid1ty online. For what? To bash the church or what? Even in a Muslim gathering, a man can not sit where women are sited.

Every body have her rules and regulations, if you don't know, you ask before you jump.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by DonDiego(m): 3:32pm On Mar 04, 2018
sunnysunny69:

EDIT.

I am Catholic and I have never been asked to show a card anywhere in Nigeria before being given communion. And I have received communion in Catholic churches across the country.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Igba123: 3:36pm On Mar 04, 2018
profolaolu:
Bros every church have it rules,laws and principal, follow their rules next time NEXT
eh! eh! Dis is not how we de do. May b it's dat parish's arrangement. I remember in d eighties Anglican was operating white and card issue(dis is for those who attended preparatory class). Today d church's position is dat communion is a means of grace and d communicants should be encouraged to participate.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by labelle123(f): 3:38pm On Mar 04, 2018
paulbets:
I am not Anglican.
However, I think the card means the communion has been counted.
I may be wrong though...
But do not let it get to you
You are right especially in the catholic church they count it to make sure there is no one left if there is no tabernacle to keep the remaining ones
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by jkbee(m): 3:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
Osinachi1:
You want us to judge your church??

What kind of children people dey born these days??

I no dey go church but if something like this happen to me, Internet is the last place I'd bring it to

You just nailed the matter. God bless U for this response. Its shocking how some folks end up being as much dumb... Looking for ways to castigate the church. #MediaTrial
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Ehibiggirl(f): 3:45pm On Mar 04, 2018
Jidefido:

I am Anglican from birth and still practice Anglicanism till tomorrow. Never heard about this but i may say that such parish dont know you and as you know its not right for someone not confirmed in the Anglican way to take the Holy Communion. And most likely its a parish not in town, maybe in a village. So it is likely is that parish's decision to prevent some people whom they are not sure are confirmed Anglicans in taking part in the Holy Communion
is it scripturally wrong? Please show us how can a man stop another man from partaking from Gods tabl?did Jesus enforce such things? God will help us Christians.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Sagay212: 3:52pm On Mar 04, 2018
profolaolu:
Bros every church have it rules,laws and principal, follow their rules next time NEXT

They church should always announce their rules just in case they might have first timers. How do you call people to come out for holy communion and someone goes out and you start asking them stupid questions. And it's funny how they refuse to give you holy communion because they think you are not holy as if the person giving the communion is holy.. rubbish
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by erimmy(m): 3:57pm On Mar 04, 2018
loveth360:
If they no give you,come i get something for you.

I dey my house.
Make I come too?
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by readerson(m): 4:10pm On Mar 04, 2018
kingsleyugo41:

No it is not right. I take communion in any Anglican Church in the world.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by mymadam(m): 4:10pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.

shocked C U grin
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Teymanhenry(f): 4:15pm On Mar 04, 2018
every church have their doctrine ... u know u r supposed to have ur card. moreover,u r in a new church.how would they know if u r qualified fr holy communion
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by omoelerin1: 4:17pm On Mar 04, 2018
loveth360:
If they no give you,come i get something for you.

I dey my house.
destiny destroyer
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by mimee9(f): 4:26pm On Mar 04, 2018
firo08:
biblical proof to backup your claim?
so u actually believe what this guy said?
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by royallord1(m): 4:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.

Hilarious...... U are just a fuccktard i swear. cheesy grin
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by ladykolly(f): 4:31pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.

Jesus!
On which account is this?
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 04, 2018
kingsleyugo41:

To answer your question,I want to ask why were you late to church?.
2. The parish you attended had rules guiding holy communion so I see no reason why you should post this here instead of asking your parishioner
3. If not convinced, buy zobo drink and bread ,pray on it to take communion.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Fixed: 4:49pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.

Your sense of sarcasm is unrivalled.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chris Okotie: The Truth About T.B Joshua. He Was A Magician & A Sorcerer (Video) / Gay Son Who Dumped Homosexual Lifestyle Was Saved By His Mother's Prayer / How Sex Can Be A Sweet Trap Of Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.