Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Benny Hinn's Confession And The Danger Of Pentecostalism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Benny Hinn's Confession And The Danger Of Pentecostalism (1882 Views)

Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria / Benny Hinn 'Faints' As A Nigerian Sows $1 Million Into His Ministry (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benny Hinn's Confession And The Danger Of Pentecostalism by clefstone(m): 11:22pm On Mar 04, 2018
Recently, the polpular televangelist Pastor Benny Hinn confessed that he took the prosperity gospel too far and that what he taught was not in sync with the Bible. He further went on to reveal that as time went on he came to realize that he was wrong.
when I read his thoughts here on nairaland what immediately came to my mind was those that he has influenced by his teachings over the years, people that include big time Pastors like our own Pastor Oyakhilome who has gone on to help spread Mr Hinn's falsehood to millions. As a teenager in the university, I had the opportunity to attend a believer love world's fellowship (the school fellowship of Pastor Chris' Christ Embassy) meeting. What they taught at that fellowship was to me shallow, a prosperity centered version of Christianity, Christianity without the cross. It was Benny Hinn speaking through them.
Now what happens to all those who have modelled their lives according to the teachings of Pastor Hinn. That is where the danger of pentecostal churches based on one man ideology lies. Their belief may change and their followers will realize they have been living a lie.
Re: Benny Hinn's Confession And The Danger Of Pentecostalism by immortalcrown(m): 11:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
Among the imitators of Benny Hinn, the humble ones will make a public renouncement while the arrogant ones will maintain their already known stand.
Re: Benny Hinn's Confession And The Danger Of Pentecostalism by HigherEd: 2:38am On Mar 05, 2018
You see initially I didn't want to respond to this but on a second thought....

Much like every other message in Christianity you can go too far. You can go too far with the Holiness message that it turns to Legalism, You can go too far with the Grace message that it turns to Lasciviousness, You can also go too far with the Prosperity message that you enter into Greed.

As Kenneth Hagin would advocate, let there be a balance. Kenneth Hagin of blessed memory was one of those who advocated for prosperity but in the 90s it was reported that Hagin was concerned about how extreme some of his proteges had gone and that resulted in him organizing a meeting where he called them and rebuked some of their teachings or extremism. He later wrote a book called "the midas touch" where he gave a very balanced biblical viewpoint on Financial Prosperity.

Benny Hinn's statement is sadly reason for new generational Christians to question church leaders. And I henceforth promise myself to be very scrutinizing when sermons regarding financial prosperity are dished out.
Nonetheless I believe still that Prosperity is God's will for his children.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Can Demons Possess A Christian? / The Christian- The god-man( The Fullness Of God In Man) / Where Is Rev Dr King

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.