Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals (24600 Views)

Osinbajo Reveals How State Governments Can Tax Nigerians, Generate More Revenues / Osinbajo Reveals Persons Buhari Will Jail / Kiki Osinbajo Reveals What Happened After She Met A Troll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:10am On Mar 05, 2018
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo has spoken on the reason he and President Muhammadu Buhari have not visited Dapchi in Yobe state where 110 students were abducted two weeks ago.

Both men have been criticised for not paying condolence visits to places where abductions and avoidable deaths were recorded in recent times.

Among these states are Benue, Zamfara and Taraba.

Speaking with journalists over the weekend, Osinbajo said while the government has expressed sympathy with the people, condolence visits alone would not solve the problem.

He listed some of the measures which the government has embarked upon to reduce killings and widespread violence.

“There is no amount of condolence that can compensate for the loss of life. Benue killing is one set of killing far too much; there is no amount of condolence that can compensate for that. And I want to say that it’s a massive tragedy,” he said.

“But the question that you seem to ask I’ve been to Zamfara, I’ve been to Adamawa when this killing took place. There are those who said, ‘oh, why don’t you visit the Fulani settlement, why do visit only where Christians were?’

“I even visited Benue in September where there have been killing before; then I’ve visited them when the flooding took place and we looked at all the issues and tried to address many of these. There have been several of these issues in different places, recently Dapchi. We have expressed condolences, but no amount of condolence would do.

“The more important thing and our focus has been, is first of all ensuring security in these places.

“We have to address the security question in a much more robust way; that the police are able to do these effectively. We have deployed the military to Kaduna, two battalions to Kaduna. In Benue and Taraba axis, we have the 93 battalion, we have 72 Special Forces. We have full concentration in Taraba and all of that, and by the way, the military is fighting in most of the north-east. So, there is a situation where the military is overstretched. So I think the most important thing is, first of all, to ensure they actually address the security of the people.”

NO FAVOURTISM IN BUHARI’S GOVERNMENT

He also debunked the allegations that most appointments by president Buhari were skewed in favour of the north.

The vice-president said the cabinet is comprised of 20 Christians and 18 Muslims.

“In the north, seven northern states have no senior minister, including the president’s home state, Katsina. Now, there are those who will say, if you are nepotistic; surely seven northern states have no senior minister. It’s a narrative depending on how you want to run it,” he said.

“The south-west, for the first time in the history of this country, has one minister who is in charge of three ministries: Power, Works and Housing. The ministers of finance and communications are also from the south-east. These are critical ministries. You can run the narrative in whichever way that you choose.

“There are people who don’t know that the number of CEOs from Anambra state are more than the number of CEOs from Katsina state or anywhere else, except Ogun.”

https://www.thecable.ng/osibanjo-buhari-didnt-visit-dapchi

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 05, 2018
Na so

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by bedspread: 9:12am On Mar 05, 2018
Pst/Prof. Osinbanjo has allowed this Wicked men to Soil his Hands...

Osinbanjo and most of the Christian leaders in this Government have become a Disgrace to the body of Christ...

It's a pity

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by farouk0403(m): 9:13am On Mar 05, 2018
Nigerian politicians sucks!!

They should stop playing politics with innocent people lives.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by EricBloodAxe: 9:20am On Mar 05, 2018
Zombie professor. We know that to be a top echelon in the apc heirachy you must be baptised in the river of lies and deceit.
You should stick to running errands for your dullard superior than granting all these interviews that expose your stupidity.

105 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by rastaLivity: 9:21am On Mar 05, 2018
RCCG see una market

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by BankeSmalls(f): 9:22am On Mar 05, 2018
Hypocrites!

Same people that bullied Jonathan because he was studying the situation in Chibok.

97 Likes

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by Mariangeles(f): 9:23am On Mar 05, 2018
Lost interest...

3 Likes

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by nairavsdollars(f): 9:27am On Mar 05, 2018
They have brainwashed our VP

33 Likes

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by aolawale025: 9:39am On Mar 05, 2018
I think they know there's no way they(Buhari and co) can come back. That's why they are running government anyhow

26 Likes

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by Omeokachie: 9:45am On Mar 05, 2018
But the same shameful characters harassed the last administration for not visiting Chibok, and milked the Chibok situation for political gains.

Faced with similar situation and He sings a different song. The concerning part is that it is a 'pastor' that is making these excuses for the souls that have benefited politically from the Chibok incident.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by Bede2u(m): 10:32am On Mar 05, 2018
Dwarf bastard

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by 1nigeriamyfoot: 10:33am On Mar 05, 2018
Thunder Scatter Muhammed, Yemi, Lai, Bola Ahmed, Odigie, & All APC Loyalist

27 Likes

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by omowolewa: 10:33am On Mar 05, 2018
h
Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by romme2u: 10:39am On Mar 05, 2018
grin
Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 05, 2018
But going for a wedding in Kano nko?

17 Likes

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by allanphash7(m): 11:31am On Mar 05, 2018
Jack shiit

6 Likes

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by hotpepe: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2018
We couldn't because Gej did not visit during his time.

8 Likes

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by Edu3Again: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2018
bedspread:
Pst/Prof. Osinbanjo has allowed this Wicked men to Soil his Hands...

Osinbanjo and most of the Christian leaders in this Government have become a Disgrace to the body of Christ...

It's a pity

I disagree with you.

I suspect that they are simply showing who they really are.

rastaLivity:
RCCG see una market

It is truly a revelation.

17 Likes

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2018
I think the mere commissioner should stop talking and do his errand boy duty quietly.

Osibanjo may be richer,but associating with Buhari has made him lost the little integrity and intelligence he was percieved to have.

To the topic,when GEJ did not visit chibok you guys rolled out your media propaganda against him,now the table has turned and you are giving all sorts of unintelligent excuses.

Buhari does not care TBH,immediately after the massacre in Benue by Fulani terrorists,some governors went to aso rock to persuade him to run for second term.

Few days after Dapchi incident,Buhari went to wedding 'owambe'.

There are reasons,leaders visit places where bad things happen,apart from condoling with the people,it puts the officials and ministires in charge of resolving the issues on edge thereby ensuring speedy resolution of the problem.

THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN MUST SET FORTH AT DAWN.

16 Likes

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by rawtouch: 11:34am On Mar 05, 2018
fear can be the only reason

1 Like

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by Abeyjide: 11:34am On Mar 05, 2018
why you saying this?
Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by Kobicove(m): 11:34am On Mar 05, 2018
Bunch of stupid idiots!

Are these not the same lot who criticized GEJ for not visiting Chibok during the kidnap saga? undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 05, 2018
This country sef

1 Like

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by oPPOSEE: 11:37am On Mar 05, 2018
I didn't read that poo.

I'M NOT A Gee- BOY

1 Like

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by yemajiteru(m): 11:38am On Mar 05, 2018
Issues...

1 Like

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by Nutase: 11:40am On Mar 05, 2018
Two sided mouth activated.angry

9 Likes

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by NaijaMutant(f): 11:41am On Mar 05, 2018
The words if a babbler undecided

I'm just disappointed with Osinbajo

8 Likes

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 05, 2018
I accept Your explanation Mr vice president for you are a true man of God

1 Like

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by BeijinDossier: 11:41am On Mar 05, 2018
“There are people who don’t know that the number of CEOs from Anambra state are more than the number of CEOs from Katsina state or anywhere else, except Ogun.”

Is this true or another propaganda? Was it the FG that made them CEO via ''national character'' or did they work their way to those positions as CEOs?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals by emeejinsm: 11:42am On Mar 05, 2018
Only God can help osibanjo all this cover up just because of position and money

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AfDB: President Ouattara Appoints Adama Koné To Work For Adesina's Re-election / Umahi Visits Wike Again (Pictures) / Aondo Ver, Federal Housing Authority Director Kidnapped In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.