Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,232 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

"My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce (19565 Views)

"My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments / Kwara Blue Eyes Family: Risikat Azeez-Ayegbami Speaks "My Husband Abandoned Us" / Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by MissRaine69(f): 8:06am On Mar 06, 2018
Joelsblog:
For me as long as she did not prove her husband to be a lazy man or he had abandoned them on purpose.. I will not support any divorce... Marriage is for better for worse
It’s a good thing that’s not a universally held point of view. A man can provide and still be a psychopath to his wife and children and if we use your line of thinking that is to be expected regardless of the long term psychological effect that will have on his family because the “worse” part is what’s being experienced?
How much “worse” do things have to be before one walks away with whatever little sanity they still have?

1 Like

Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by MissRaine69(f): 8:09am On Mar 06, 2018
FortifiedCity:
I think the north has the highest rate of divorce in the country
An assumption or statistics are available?
What about the traditional marriages that end with out going to a court of law? And these happen all over the country
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by LegitGirl(f): 8:39am On Mar 06, 2018
A broke man gets frustrated.
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by eyickson(m): 8:41am On Mar 06, 2018
Woe unto you
Liliyann:
#10,000 as compensation??
Nonsense!!!
what can that money do for her.
The worst thing that can happen to a lady is getting married to a poor man and later divorcing him.No gain at all. Yet when you tell them to look for a nice rich guy to settle down with, they think you don't know what you are saying.
I will rather remain single than suffer with a poor man all in the name of marriage.
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by tiswell(m): 8:52am On Mar 06, 2018
Liliyann:
Nonsense!!!
The worst thing that can happen to a lady is getting married to a poor man and later divorcing him.No gain at all. Yet when you tell them to look for a nice rich guy to settle down with, they think you don't know what you are saying.
I will rather remain single than suffer with a poor man all in the name of marriage.
Now you have told us why you are still single...not all ''poor'' husbands die poor.Why is the lady complaining too much,what does she bring on the table to the family,or is she there to bear children and satisfy her husband's sexual needs? She should just shut up because she takes part of the blame aswell.
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by Ikebesupa(m): 8:58am On Mar 06, 2018
Liliyann:
Nonsense!!!
... And you will remain single, no rich man will come your way.. You can't reap where you did not sow

1 Like

Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by centboy123456(m): 10:05am On Mar 06, 2018
Liliyann:
Nonsense!!!

see this one u are looking for a rich guy to marry Abi they there they wait u will wait still u reach 50 u think rich guy will take u serous so that rich guy was once poor before he became rich so u are looking for rich guy who will gave u money I sorry for u because na side chick u go be and let's me ask u was ur father rich before he marry ur mom I guess no

1 Like

Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by centboy123456(m): 10:08am On Mar 06, 2018
Liliyann:
Nonsense!!!

WOMEN!!!!! Stop using marriage to ESCAPE POVERTY!
Empower yourself before you jump into marriage.

1 Like

Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by centboy123456(m): 10:13am On Mar 06, 2018
goslowgoslow:

Na theif u be ole, barawo!!!! Is there anything stoping you as woman from making your own money? Gold digger, lazy fowl!

lol guy no that girl ask her if are papar rich before he marry her mama na big men she dey fine very useless girl
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by centboy123456(m): 10:19am On Mar 06, 2018
WhoBeThisMan:
but it's ok to marry a rich man even though you are a poor girl. Smh. Whats ur value in that case? Just to bear children and eat and have sex. That can be gotten even better from a baby mama

lol baba u finish that poor girl lol

1 Like

Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by delivryboy: 10:22am On Mar 06, 2018
Liliyann:
Nonsense!!!

This girl by now will be asking "Lord what did I do to deserve all this?"
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by delivryboy: 10:24am On Mar 06, 2018
Liliyann:
Nonsense!!!

This girl by now will be asking "Lord what did I say to deserve all this, did all these boy see me stealing their moneys in their dreams?" Madam don't let these boys send you back to sleep this morning.
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by centboy123456(m): 10:24am On Mar 06, 2018
Ikebesupa:
... And you will remain single, no rich man will come your way.. You can't reap where you did not sow

lol nice reply
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 06, 2018
Jman06:
Are your hands broken Have you not seen ladies of your age making it big in all spheres of life I am sure girls like Emmanuella, Regina Daniels etc are far younger than yourself yet they are millionaires, while you are busy looking for a man to leach on. Are you that bone lazy

No offence...Just asking

She is not allowed to have demands? But you will demand a body in shape, round booty and firm titties, glowing skin and a beautiful face?
Why are so many boys complaining about this post? Poverty?

But as soon as you make money, you see know problem entertaining and sponsoring young girls aka side chicks because your wife is aging?

grin

2 Likes

Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 06, 2018
Ikebesupa:

Of course she can. That's what Nigerian relationships/marriages are about. Or why do you think ladies get married to husbands who visit once a year at best or to their daddy's age mates or to ugly, fat, short men?
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 06, 2018
Liliyann:
Nonsense!!!

I am with you, as long as they want to be the head, captain, alpha almighty, never in the wrong, to be worshipped husbands, they have to pay for it. They consider it unmanly to share chores, consider it unfemale to share bills.

It's either he looks like a Greek God with Einstein's potential or he is rich.

Poor boys, blame Buhari. Ugly guys, blame nature. grin

2 Likes

Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by Jman06(m): 11:21am On Mar 06, 2018
Mindfulness:

She is not allowed to have demands? But you will demand a body in shape, round booty and firm titties, glowing skin and a beautiful face?
Why are so many boys complaining about this post? Poverty?

But as soon as you make money, you see know problem entertaining and sponsoring young girls aka side chicks because your wife is aging?

grin
It is a shame that a lady would make such demand. And she even had the guts to call out ladies who don't prioritize a man's reaches when choosing a partner. I don't care if she chooses to make herself a liability to a man but should at least be ashamed of making it a public knowledge. Just like I frown at a guy who goes after rich ladies for what they stand to gain from her, I also frown at ladies who shamelessly display their long throat for a man's wealth. I believe people should work hard and earn their money and not depend on others.

Don't even start with the broke shaming thing, it doesn't work on me because I know my worth.
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by ChidiAlaigbo: 11:38am On Mar 06, 2018
Liliyann:
Nonsense!!!

Your parent should be ashamed of you. Haba! In this day and age you are advocating this nonsense?
You think I would marry a poverty striken woman like you after many years of hustling for my money? Because gold and diamonds dey between your legs? I don't blame you but the stupid weak Nigerian men (both rich and poor) who put their whole life on the line for women's validation.
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 06, 2018
Jman06:
It is a shame that a lady would make such demand.

Why is it a shame? I call it wisdom. She needs someone who will be able to provide for the offspring, while she will be nursing the new borns. What's your problem? This is no longer African culture? grin

And she even had the guts to call out ladies who don't prioritize a man's reaches when choosing a partner. I don't care if she chooses to make herself a liability to a man but should at least be ashamed of making it a public knowledge.

Liability? So you are no longer proud to provide for your family?

Just like I frown at a guy who goes after rich ladies for what they stand to gain from her, I also frown at ladies who shamelessly display their long throat for a man's wealth. I believe people should work hard and earn their money and not depend on others.

But you don't frown at guys who marry young girls for shallow reasons? I see. This preference is accepted.
I thought, women want strong providers and men youth and beauty? Isn't it the biological imperative that some of you have been preaching here ad nauseam?

Don't even start with the broke shaming thing, it doesn't work on me because I know my worth.

Good for you so be a real man and take care of your wife/wives and children like a real African man. grin
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 06, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Your parent should be ashamed of you. Haba! In this day and age you are advocating this nonsense?
You think I would marry a poverty striken woman like you after many years of hustling for my money? Because gold and diamonds dey between your legs? I don't blame you but the stupid weak Nigerian men (both rich and poor) who put their whole life on the line for women's validation.

Why then would she waste her youth on you?
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by mukhcech(m): 11:44am On Mar 06, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

That girl nah stupid girl
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by ChidiAlaigbo: 12:35pm On Mar 06, 2018
Mindfulness:

Why then would she waste her youth on you?

She can take her poverty striken youth back to her poor papa. Na me born am?

I am working so hard now to make sure my 2 daughters are properly educated and prepared for independent living, so thy they don't rely or wait for any man. In fact it is my daughters that will inherit my assets to give them a strong back up in addition to their education.

All these "na only toto I get" women sef!
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by Jman06(m): 12:58pm On Mar 06, 2018
Mindfulness:

Why is it a shame? I call it wisdom. She needs someone who will be able to provide for the offspring, while she will be nursing the new borns. What's your problem? This is no longer African culture? grin

Liability? So you are no longer proud to provide for your family?

But you don't frown at guys who marry young girls for shallow reasons? I see. This preference is accepted.
I thought, women want strong providers and men youth and beauty? Isn't it the biological imperative that some of you have been preaching here ad nauseam?

Good for you so be a real man and take care of your wife/wives and children like a real African man. grin
Hehehe...No body should be proud to depend on others for their existence. There's no respect in doing that!

If ladies are now comfortable living at the mercy of their men, why do we still bother to send our girls to school Of what use is her education if a lady would end up in the kitchen after getting educated

I thought ladies wanted a change from the old order, hence the clamour for gender equality which my humble self have been an advocate of Why do you now want to be provided for by a man even after being empowered through education and equal opportunity at work Isn't that selfish?

I think you ladies should make up your minds on what you want. If you prefer to be housewives then stop competing with men in education and at workplaces. Accept your positions as housewives and stop bugging the world with your gender equality struggle.

I will comfortably feed you and our offspring provided you are not found wanting in your roles as housewife, and also remember that as same African culture permits, I am entitled to as many wives and concubines as i can afford, hope you will be ok with that
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 06, 2018
Jman06:
Hehehe...No body should be proud to depend on others for their existence. There's no respect in doing that!

If ladies are now comfortable living at the mercy of their men, why do we still bother to send our girls to school Of what use is her education if a lady would end up in the kitchen after getting educated

I thought ladies wanted a change from the old order, hence the clamour for gender equality which my humble self have been an advocate of Why do you now want to be provided for by a man even after being empowered through education and equal opportunity at work Isn't that selfish?

I think you ladies should make up your minds on what you want. If you prefer to be housewives then stop competing with men in education and at workplaces. Accept your positions as housewives and stop bugging the world with your gender equality struggle.

I will comfortably feed you and our offspring provided you are not found wanting in your roles as housewife, and also remember that as same African culture permits, I am entitled to as many wives and concubines as i can afford, hope you will be ok with that

Mr, I have been playing the devil's advocate here because I don't understand why men will suddenly complain about a system that they have been defending, in which women are bought and considered the man's property. In this 'traditional' system, they should be the providers and the women at home, watching the kids, cleaning and cooking. In this system, men have absolute power and women submit but never provide. You can't have it both ways and I do not mean you specifically.

As much as I personally do not subscribe to such arrangements of exchanging money for beauty/womb, I still maintain my point that everyone should be free to set their own standards. Melania married the Donald because she didn't value good looks in men, obviously. grin I could never get married to a man I don't find physically appealing. I tried being less shallow once but realized that it is easier to tolerate a man's flaws when he looks cute. cheesy So to each their own, aight? Some people will call me shallow but not materialistic. Other ladies are materialistic but pay less attention to looks.

You too have your own standards, everyone does, so let us all go for the person we think we can live together with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 06, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

She can take her poverty striken youth back to her poor papa. Na me born am?

I am working so hard now to make sure my 2 daughters are properly educated and prepared for independent living, so thy they don't rely or wait for any man. In fact it is my daughters that will inherit my assets to give them a strong back up in addition to their education.

All these "na only toto I get" women sef!

I applaud you, sir! Your daughters have been blessed with a father like you.
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by Jman06(m): 1:49pm On Mar 06, 2018
Mindfulness:

Mr, I have been playing the devil's advocate here because I don't understand why men will suddenly complain about a system that they have been defending, in which women are bought and considered the man's property. In this 'traditional' system, they should be the providers and the women at home, watching the kids, cleaning and cooking. In this system, men have absolute power and women submit but never provide. You can't have it both ways and I do not mean you specifically.

As much as I personally do not subscribe to such arrangements of exchanging money for beauty/womb, I still maintain my point that everyone should be free to set their own standards. Melania married the Donald because she didn't value good looks in men, obviously. grin I could never get married to a man I don't find physically appealing. I tried being less shallow once but realized that it is easier to tolerate a man's flaws when he looks cute. cheesy So to each their own, aight? Some people will call me shallow but not materialistic. Other ladies are materialistic but pay less attention to looks.

You too have your own standards, everyone does, so let us all go for the person we think we can live together with.
I don't care about the choices people decide to make for themselves. Every adult should of course be free to make their choices so long as they also accept the consequences of their choices without blaming anybody or looking for whom to sympathize with them.
Problems arise when we try to make others look foolish because their choices are different from ours. That was exactly what the lady i quoted was trying to do with her post, hence i had to call her out.
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 06, 2018
Jman06:
I don't care about the choices people decide to make for themselves. Every adult should of course be free to make their choices so long as they also accept the consequences of their choices without blaming anybody or looking for whom to sympathize with them.
Problems arise when we try to make others look foolish because their choices are different from ours. That was exactly what the lady i quoted was trying to do with her post, hence i had to call her out.

I concur.

1 Like

Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by charain: 3:28pm On Mar 06, 2018
chigoizie7:

U are correct bro.

But I also know about women who are wealthy and with good jobs and they are married.

The thing is , not all successful and financially capable women are good people or good in marriage , some of them, their characters is nothing to write home about. Now u don't expect a man to marry someone who is not family oriented , someone who doesn't care other people, some one who is rude and full of herself simply because she is successful and financially ok?

Same thing applies to men. U see a man who has a very good job, or a successful businessman. But they are the worst husbands, they don't care about their wives and kids. Some even beat up their wives for no just cause, some are real womanizers, drinks and late night keepers. Maybe because they can afford such life styles. But that doesn't make them good men for marriage.

The only different here is that men are not entirely moved by a woman's wealth or success to marry her, what a man who is capable and mature enough to marry looks out in a woman he wants to marry is character, someone he can spend the rest of his life with , with less trouble or wahala.

Unlike women, who thinks and believes that any man who is successful can take care of her in marriage, but they forgot that being successful is different from being caring.

So, in marriage, men and women look out for two different things. But women refused to understand that being successful is different from being a wife material.

You make me laugh. Being jobless has nothing to do with good character.
You are either a good person or a bad one. If you know what some men with
full housewives go through on a daily basis, you will change your mindset.

The only time I see men raise the issue of "liability" is when they want to
mock women in general, it was never borne out of preference for working women
save for few cases. The same men having "arrived" will start looking for a dependable(always available)
wife.

Let me share this anecdote, few years after graduating, the most predictive feature for
determining which of my female class mates were married is how fast they got employed.
With the jobless dominating the married list and this has nothing to do with character
as I know some of them personally.
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by charain: 3:30pm On Mar 06, 2018
MissRaine69:

An assumption or statistics are available?
What about the traditional marriages that end with out going to a court of law? And these happen all over the country
He is right on the northern divorce rate. There are many studies to that effect.
Re: "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce by MissRaine69(f): 3:31pm On Mar 06, 2018
charain:

He is right on the northern divorce rate. There are many studies to that effect.
Name 5

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Baby Stolen In Uyo, Recovered In Owerri - Police Deny Mother Access (Photos) / Nairalander Welcomes Baby Boy After 8 Years / Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.