Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire (13485 Views)

Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible / Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire / Dr. Fayemi Meets Leadership Of Deeper Christian Life Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 10:03pm On Mar 18, 2018
Matinoh:

believers don't sin?
Sorry you misunderstood me. Yes, believers do sin. But from your write up, its like your friend has made his own a practice and even backing it up with the quote u wrote up there. Believers sin but they don't stay there. Because they have the Holy spirit in them, they always feel bad about it and want to stop. But with human effort they can't, its only Christ that set them free.

Like some cases of sexual sins, some believers do fall into that cycle but most always feel bad after doing it and always call on God to forgive them. But it's only Christ that always break that cycle in their lives.
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 10:04pm On Mar 18, 2018
Earthrealmlord:
This is nice, Thank you
you welcome
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by fecta: 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2018
omoelerin1:
Henceforth, I should start living my life the way I like? After all, grace has covered everything.

This is a false teaching that emanates from the deceiving spirits. Or it is more likely you people purposely twist the scripture to suit your lust desires and to keep enjoying the pleasures of sins.

Message of salvation is very serious. The way to heaven is not smooth at all.

Am sorry but there's no hope to enjoy the PEACE and REST Jesus talked about, Good luck Bro
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Matinoh: 1:10pm On Mar 19, 2018
jiggaz:
Sorry you misunderstood me. Yes, believers do sin. But from your write up, its like your friend has made his own a practice and even backing it up with the quote u wrote up there. Believers sin but they don't stay there. Because they have the Holy spirit in them, they always feel bad about it and want to stop. But with human effort they can't, its only Christ that set them free.

Like some cases of sexual sins, some believers do fall into that cycle but most always feel bad after doing it and always call on God to forgive them. But it's only Christ that always break that cycle in their lives.
I really like your response but it still leads to more questions.. pardon me cos I really want to know lol.. So what separates us from unbelievers is the ability to feel remorseful after indulging in sinful acts and asking for forgiveness. so where will believers that sin and about to Ask for forgiveness go? hell or heaven?.. I have heard a sermon where d teacher said all you have to do to make heaven is to believe,( John 3:16) .. pardon my inquisitive mind
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:01pm On Mar 19, 2018
Matinoh:

I really like your response but it still leads to more questions.. pardon me cos I really want to know lol.. So what separates us from unbelievers is the ability to feel remorseful after indulging in sinful acts and asking for forgiveness. so where will believers that sin and about to Ask for forgiveness go? hell or heaven?.. I have heard a sermon where d teacher said all you have to do to make heaven is to believe,( John 3:16) .. pardon my inquisitive mind
grin No wahala my broda, i understand you. No, ability to feel remorseful is not what separates us from unbelievers. It's our new nature that separates us. The ability to ask for forgiveness is not what makes us to go to heaven, it's because of Christ's Finished Work on the Cross where he forgave our Past, Present and Future sins. Yes, what you have to do to make heaven is to believe ( John 3:16 ). It's only God that knows our hearts, so i can't say this person is born again and this one is not lol. Anyone that believes that Christ Jesus is the Son of God and believes He died, was buried and resurrected on the 3rd day for his Justification is saved and will make heaven on the last day. My bro i don't condemn people oo cos am not God, i don't know their relationship with God.
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Matinoh: 9:40pm On Mar 19, 2018
jiggaz:
grin No wahala my broda, i understand you. No, ability to feel remorseful is not what separates us from unbelievers. It's our new nature that separates us. The ability to ask for forgiveness is not what makes us to go to heaven, it's because of Christ's Finished Work on the Cross where he forgave our Past, Present and Future sins. Yes, what you have to do to make heaven is to believe ( John 3:16 ). It's only God that knows our hearts, so i can't say this person is born again and this one is not lol. Anyone that believes that Christ Jesus is the Son of God and believes He died, was buried and resurrected on the 3rd day for his Justification is saved and will make heaven on the last day. My bro i don't condemn people oo cos am not God, i don't know their relationship with God.
Thanks bro. Have a nice day
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 11:02pm On Mar 19, 2018
Matinoh:

Thanks bro. Have a nice day
You welcome.. You too.
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Freeze007(m): 9:24pm On Mar 20, 2018
jiggaz:
Believers, not only is the Christian life hard to live by human effort, it is impossible to live. Only Christ can, so we have nothing to boast about. This is why we sing “‘tis no longer I that liveth, but Christ that liveth in me.” Here’s an illustration:

I'd been doing my best to resolve the mosquito issues we'd been experiencing at my home for some months. This breed of mosquitoes seemed to laugh off regular insecticides when I used it on them. I'd use Baygon on them and see their dead bodies strewn all over the floor afterwards but our relief was always short-lived; they'd be humming all over the place again within hours! They tormented me day and night.

But one day, I remembered Integrated Science or was it Home Economics from secondary school: mosquitoes need stagnant water to breed! I rushed outside: close to our living room windows were two buckets, both of them half-filled with rain/tap water, and with all sorts floating thereon. Mosquitoes everywhere!

My point is no matter how often I sprayed the house with insecticide, our respite from mosquitoes would always be temporary unless their breeding places got destroyed. Plus insecticides have their own harmful effects on humans and the mosquitoes would eventually become resistant to them too. Getting rid of them would only become more difficult. How does this relate to living the Christian life? Romans 5:19 says-

"For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous."

From the above verse, we see that committing acts of sin is not what makes people sinners. People are made sinners by Adam's sin. Everyone descended from Adam is born with this sin/old nature. The stagnant water in the buckets represents man having the old nature inherited from Adam. The mosquitoes that bothered me represent acts of sin as well as sickness, lack, stress and everything that came to be as a result of Adam's fall. Having this root of sin (stagnant water) is what causes the mosquitoes (acts of sin, sickness, lack, etc) to proliferate. We see this in Romans 7:5-

"When we were controlled by our old nature, sinful desires were at work within us, and the law aroused these evil desires that produced a harvest of sinful deeds, resulting in death."

Unfortunately in the church today, the focus is on preaching the killing of mosquitoes (acts of sin) by using insecticides (law-keeping) as the path to attaining righteousness, when what is needful is ridding the flock of the old/sin nature that was inherited from Adam (getting rid of the stagnant water.) Christ died to rid us of this old/sin nature. See Colossians 2:11–

“When you came to Christ, you were “circumcised,” but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision—the cutting away of your sinful nature.”

In Him, we are a new creation. God made Him to be sin for us so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him, as it is written in 2 Cor. 5:21-

"For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."

When you receive the abundance of grace and believe that you are saved and made righteous by the obedience of Christ (Romans 5:19) and not your own obedience or your self-discipline and law-keeping prowess, you no longer have the old/sin nature. You are dead to the law. Old things have passed away. No more curse. You are a new creation in Christ Jesus, made righteous not by your own obedience to the law but by Christ’s obedience (Romans 5:19.) And this is the result according to Romans 7:4-

"So, my dear brothers and sisters, this is the point: You died to the power of the law when you died with Christ. And now you are united with the One who was raised from the dead. As a result, we can produce a harvest of good deeds for God."

Understand what it means to have "died with Christ" and to be "united with the One who was raised from the dead." God did not raise the Lord Jesus from the dead just because He could. Christ's death and resurrection is the divine receipt showing that we who believe have been forgiven of all of our sins and made righteous by His one sacrifice for sins. See this in Romans 4:23-

“Who was betrayed and put to death because of our misdeeds and was raised to secure our justification (our acquittal), [making our account balance and absolving us from all guilt before God]." See the TPT version: “Jesus was handed over to be crucified for the forgiveness of our sins and was raised back to life to prove that He had made us right with God!”

Christ would not have risen from the dead if our lifetime of sins had not been forgiven and we had not been declared righteous (justified,) all apart from works. His resurrection is akin to seeing someone who went to serve a death sentence in an impregnable prison for the crimes of another alive and walking free. As believers, we have everlasting righteousness apart from works because Christ is risen. When we believe that He is risen (that we are made righteous by His obedience and not our puny efforts at doing good things and obeying the letter that kills,) we get to "produce a harvest of good deeds for God," aka works of faith, yet not us but Christ in us.

Instead of stagnant water (sin nature) in vessels that can only produce acts of sin and such that lead to death, in Christ, we have His righteousness, so we get to live right! Just as the sin nature produces acts of sin, as a new creation with Christ as our righteousness, we bear fruit to righteousness, yet not us but Christ in us.

In essence, no matter how many canisters of insecticide one expends in a bid to kill the mosquitoes (trying hard by one's power to be sin-free through obedience to the letter that kills,) without getting rid of the stagnant water (rejecting the old nature that was inherited from Adam and receiving our Lord Jesus' blood-bought righteousness which is given as a gift to all who believe Him according to 2 Corinthians 5:21,) he can never be free from mosquitoes (acts of sin.) He has the old (sinner) nature. Sin will multiply and the result is death.

Remember Romans 6:14- “For sin shall not have dominion over you for you are not under law but under grace.” Sin has dominion over those who are trying to obey the law in order to be godly (be like God.)

This is why many in the church today are trapped in an endless cycle of committing acts of sin and attending deliverance/curse-breaking sessions all in a bid to be free from one bondage or the other that Christ hung on the cross and died to free us from. Like my insecticide and mosquitoes experience, any results will be short-lived. The old nature is still intact so no matter how much such do to be free from their "mosquitoes" of acts of sin, sickness, lack, depression, etc, more will come.

The one with the old nature rejects the gift of righteousness that Christ died that we might have and strives to attain righteousness/godliness (be like God) by human effort, just like Eve did. He does not believe Romans 5:19– "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous."

But Romans 3:20 says :"For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are."

Also, Galatians 5:4 says "For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace."

Yet in many places of worship, people are being subtly taught to reject the gift of righteousness that Christ died that we might have and depend on their own "menstrual rag" righteousness from works of the law. Isaiah 64:6 shows us God's view of the "good things" we do in order to be righteous: "We are all like one who is unclean, all our so-called righteous acts are like a menstrual rag in your sight."

Only the blood-bought righteousness that proceeds from the obedience of the Lord Jesus Christ will suffice for God the Righteous and He freely gives it to all who believe.

Grace is undeserved, unmerited favour. If one iota of our strength is in it, it is no longer Grace (Romans 11:6,) and only by grace through faith are we saved, so we have nothing to boast of in ourselves (Ephesians 2:8-9,) not our own self-discipline, giving, morality, evangelism, tithe payment, dedication or right-living prowess. Wonderful as these things are, they cannot save anybody. Doing them in order to gain God's favour and acceptance is rejecting the gift of righteousness that Christ died that we might have; it is akin to killing mosquitoes inside your house but ignoring their breeding ground. Only in the Beloved are we accepted. Ephesians 1:6.

With the Lord as our righteousness, the old nature is no more; "all these things shall be added unto you." We get to be transformed to the image of the glory of the Lord, from glory to glory, through no effort of ours but by His Spirit (2 Cor. 3:18.) We get to live in triumph over sin, stress, sickness and every ill. We get to love proclaiming Jesus. We get to live a life of moral excellence even beyond that which the law demands, yet not us but Christ in us.

Romans 5:17 says: "For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and His gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one Man, Jesus Christ."

This death that is as a result of Adam’s offence is not necessarily immediate. It is a process. Fear, stress, worry, silly mistakes, working so hard only to lose it all, sickness, lack, depression, fast-tracked ageing are all death begun. God said to Adam "for in the day of thine eating of it -- dying thou dost die." Psalms 90:4 says of God "A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by,"; Moses wrote this concerning God's view of the life of man (v.3.) Adam did not give up the ghost immediately after his death sentence came into effect; he lived for almost 1,000 years aka one day gone by in the sight of God.

Not only is the Christian life hard to live by human effort, it is impossible to live. Only Christ can. This is why we sing “‘tis no longer I that liveth, but Christ that liveth in me.” Only with the abundance of grace and having Christ as our righteousness do we get to live in triumph over sin and death.

Sinners are made righteous by "one Man's obedience": Christ's; when we believe that God "made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." 2 Cor. 5:21. Here, we are a new creation in Christ. When you believe that your right-standing with God and His blessings upon you have got nothing to do with what you did or did not do but have ALL to do with what Christ has done, the old (sinner) nature is no more. The stagnant water is gone.

There might still be some mosquitoes (acts of sin, sickness, etc) inside your house after the stagnant water (old nature) is removed but they will all die off and there will be none to replace them
. Remember, “The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day.” Proverbs 4:18. Things will only get better and you will no longer continue to live in sin because you have the only brand of righteousness that counts before God: Christ’s.

In place of the root of sin (stagnant water) that produces acts of sin (death-bearing mosquitoes,) we have Christ's righteousness so we bear fruit to God. We get to produce "a harvest of good deeds for God." No more mosquitoes (acts of sin) but abundant life, right living and every blessing of God in Christ! This is the Good News.

Believe Right and you will Live Right.

http://rightbelieving101..com.ng/2018/02/why-is-christian-life-so-hard.html?m=1

This is attainable by the power of the Holy Spirit.... When you have it, then you have conquered the flesh... you would be able to Love, by that, you have fulfilled the LAW

Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Emmanystone: 8:19am On Mar 21, 2018
ifenes:
Cos it’s fake news
Pained. You rather believe Enuma Elish. Why not propagate it and just get along with your life?

Jesus is alive, Changing Lifes and Transforming destinies. I am a specimen.
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Emmanystone: 8:28am On Mar 21, 2018
Thoniameek:
The Christian life isn’t hard...
Really? Try walking away from the old ways of doing things and try doing things by the book. Try reading Matthew chapters 5 to 8 and do everything it says, then come back and say again 'The Christian Life Isn't hard'.

It is not going to church but retaining all you knew before. Nothing changes in your speech, dressing, attitudes, dealing with the system of men.

Understand the principles of Kingdom and try applying them to your daily living and see. Jesus says stop asking for food, clothes, houses, cars, but only be concerned by what advances His kingdom. Love (Note, dont expect to be loved back), Win souls, forgive (Dont expect to be forgiven back).

The Ways of the Kingdom are opposite of the ways of the World's system.

When every one is going towards the same direction, but you look at the Bible, it says, don't go with them. See how your own family will turn against you if you refuse to.go with them.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Emmanystone: 8:49am On Mar 21, 2018
profolaolu:
Christian living is not hard when you surrender totally to Christ and not struggling, Apostle Paul when he was still struggling, was wailing in Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?, but when he surrender his will and self to Christ he said in Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me and in Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
I guess i don't know your spective of hardness used here.

What i understand by hardness here is not abiding by the instructions given to us to abide by. Hardness here means the daily life of a Christian in the world's system.

The Apostle Paul you quoted said that regards his days as a man without Christ trying to do Gods Will in the energy of the flesh as a Pharisee, not under the influence of the Holy Spirit.

Sir, when it comes to suffering in the hands of men or enduring hardship in the world's system The Apostle Paul suffered more than any Christian can ever suffer. His life was hard.

The following verese arrays my understanding of the Op.
2 Corinthians 11:23-29

[b]Are they Christ's servants? I sound like a madman—but I am a better servant than they are!

I have worked much harder, I have been in prison more times, I have been whipped much more, and I have been near death more often.

Five times I was given the thirty-nine lashes by the Jews; three times I was whipped by the Romans; and once I was stoned. I have been in three shipwrecks, and once I spent twenty-four hours in the water.

In my many travels I have been in danger from floods and from robbers, in danger from my own people and from Gentiles; there have been dangers in the cities, dangers in the wilds, dangers on the high seas, and dangers from false friends.

There has been work and toil; often I have gone without sleep; I have been hungry and thirsty; I have often been without enough food, shelter, or clothing. And not to mention other things, every day I am under the pressure of my concern for all the churches.

When someone is weak, then I feel weak too; when someone is led into sin, I am filled with distress[/b]

This is hardness of Life to me.

Again, here Apostle Paul.

Hebrews 11:35-38
Through faith women received their dead relatives raised back to life.

Others, refusing to accept freedom, died under torture in order to be raised to a better life.

Some were mocked and whipped, and others were put in chains and taken off to prison.

They were stoned, they were sawed in two, they were killed by the sword. They went around clothed in skins of sheep or goats—poor, persecuted, and mistreated.

The world was not good enough for them! They wandered like refugees in the deserts and hills, living in caves and holes in the ground.

Life on earth is hard for a true UNCOMPROMISING Christian.
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Emmanystone: 8:52am On Mar 21, 2018
SuperSuave:
Someone told me this week that "There's joy in Christianity" I said "really?" she was surprised cos I go to church also
There's in deed JOY in the life of a Christian. Not someone who goes to.church, but someoen who has Christ. Life's circumstances does not dictate your state of mind.
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Emmanystone: 8:55am On Mar 21, 2018
bahaushe1:
How can one man's sin be carried by his descendants? Every man for himself. Prophet Adam (AS) committed a sin, became remorseful and sought forgiveness and was forgiven.
That is why Allah is not YHWH.
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by CuteMadridista: 8:56am On Mar 21, 2018
Supporting slavery is not hard
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Emmanystone: 9:10am On Mar 21, 2018
Matinoh:

hi bro. I have a friend dat prays and studies the Bible very well and also meditates regularly. you will be amazed if you hear him teach God's word. Yet he smokes, fornicates, and even do Yahoo.
each time I confronted him of his deeds, he always tell me we are not righteous by our own efforts. So I'm kinda confuse
1 Corinthians 9:27 I discipline my body and bring it under complete control, to keep myself from being disqualified after having called others to the contest.

It is by their fruits that you know who they are, not by what they say they are.

That your friend is the type who will one day get to a very hard point in his life. A point where money won't answer him. Nothing would, then he will cry out to God he doesn't regard or honour, when he does not get any answers, he will come to nairaland shouting, 'I was a Christian for 15 yrs, i preached, prayed, won souls, i did everything, only for ne to realize God doesn't exist, because i called and called and called to Him, but no answer came. He doesn't exist.

In Church are still goats that will eventually cross over to the Goatherd. There are sheep who are also still with the Goatherd, will eventually cross over to the shepherd.

Your friend is a goat trying to weaken the sheep.
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Emmanystone: 9:23am On Mar 21, 2018
Matinoh:

What makes us different from unbelievers is not a guarantee to keep sinning because we can feel remorse, No. What makes us different is that, we have a new nature which abhores sin. The believer who is indeed led by the spirit, hates sin. But that doesn't mean he won't trip and fall once in a while, he will. But, he gets up with tears and regrets asking God for grace never to.go back there.

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1 John:2:1

The Grace to not to.sin is given to us, but our father, just like earthly parents knows that, it won't be automatic to get up and never fall, hence, Christ stands as our lawyer to defend our frailty until we grow and mature spiritually and stop sinning.

When we were kids, we all peed on the bed, but as we grew, we stopped. Anytime we wake up and discobered we had peed we become ashamed, we try to hide. We make efforts to stop peeing on the bed.

That is how it is with being in Christ. We grow gradually, rising and falling until our feet bcoms firm. It doesn't happen one day, and when we sin, we cry out for forgiveness and grace to scale through. No believer enjoys sin. Na lie.

But the case of your friend is different. He is excusing himself to remain in sin.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Emmanystone: 9:26am On Mar 21, 2018
CuteMadridista:
Supporting slavery is not hard
No, it's not, but being a demons possessed is indeed very hard isn't it?

How are the demons tearing at you today?
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by CuteMadridista: 9:33am On Mar 21, 2018
Emmanystone:
No, it's not,
exactly! so OP is trash!! wink
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Emmanystone: 9:52am On Mar 21, 2018
CuteMadridista:

exactly! so OP is trash!! wink
Is the Op about slavery?
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Matinoh: 10:04am On Mar 21, 2018
Emmanystone:

What makes us different from unbelievers is not a guarantee to keep sinning because we can feel remorse, No. What makes us different is that, we have a new nature which abhores sin. The believer who is indeed led by the spirit, hates sin. But that doesn't mean he won't trip and fall once in a while, he will. But, he gets up with tears and regrets asking God for grace never to.go back there.

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1 John:2:1

The Grace to not to.sin is given to us, but our father, just like earthly parents knows that, it won't be automatic to get up and never fall, hence, Christ stands as our lawyer to defend our frailty until we grow and mature spiritually and stop sinning.

When we were kids, we all peed on the bed, but as we grew, we stopped. Anytime we wake up and discobered we had peed we become ashamed, we try to hide. We make efforts to stop peeing on the bed.

That is how it is with being in Christ. We grow gradually, rising and falling until our feet bcoms firm. It doesn't happen one day, and when we sin, we cry out for forgiveness and grace to scale through. No believer enjoys sin. Na lie.

But the case of your friend is different. He is excusing himself to remain in sin.
Thanks... What of when a believer falls and died just about when he was to ask for forgiveness. HELL OR HEAVEN?
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Matinoh: 10:06am On Mar 21, 2018
Emmanystone:

1 Corinthians 9:27 I discipline my body and bring it under complete control, to keep myself from being disqualified after having called others to the contest.

It is by their fruits that you know who they are, not by what they say they are.

That your friend is the type who will one day get to a very hard point in his life. A point where money won't answer him. Nothing would, then he will cry out to God he doesn't regard or honour, when he does not get any answers, he will come to nairaland shouting, 'I was a Christian for 15 yrs, i preached, prayed, won souls, i did everything, only for ne to realize God doesn't exist, because i called and called and called to Him, but no answer came. He doesn't exist.

In Church are still goats that will eventually cross over to the Goatherd. There are sheep who are also still with the Goatherd, will eventually cross over to the shepherd.

Your friend is a goat trying to weaken the sheep.
thanks for this enlightenment.. I pray we all live above sin
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Emmanystone: 10:13am On Mar 21, 2018
Matinoh:

thanks for this enlightenment.. I pray we all live above sin
My dear, it's my desire. Sin is a deases of the spirit. When we sin, we use our hands to poison our spirits. It's like, taking HIV infected blood and injecting it into our blood streams.

If only we know, we will cry out for grace and do all to abstain from sinning.

Sin is very bad.

How can one by himself kill himself?
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Emmanystone: 10:30am On Mar 21, 2018
Matinoh:

Thanks... What of when a believer falls and died just about when he was to ask for forgiveness. HELL OR HEAVEN?
Listen carefully because i know you must have heard this before but did not take it in.

What takes us to Hellfire is not the ACT, of sin. It is not the lie you told, the fish or money you stole, or that girl you just had sex with. It is a NATURE of Sin that takes you there.

SIN is;
S=====SATAN'S
I======IMPOST
N=====NATURE.
when you have this nature, you are dead in the Spirit.

When you have the renewed Nature which only Christ can give. The nature Adam lost in Eden. It is the only prerequisite to enter heaven. It's like dress code.

A sinner (one with satans nature) is lifeless in the Spirit realm, as in, the body he has can not access God's kingdom and no one in the physical body (this flesh) can enter also, that leaves him with no other option than to go to where others like him are.

Satan although a spirit but is dead spiritually in the sense that, he is enstranged from the presence of God, so that's where tbose with his nature will be.

Now, a believer who falls into sin, does not stop being a believer just because he fell into sin. Just like a toddler does not cease from being a child of his parents just because he peed on himself.

Again, note, many believers will enter heaven, but won't have rewards. Meaning, if a believer has the spirit of God but falls into sin, (note, FALLS INTO) not live in it, his father will pick him up.

Now also not that, God is not a man who sees only the face and not the heart. If you sin and about to repent but falls and dies, God sees, that you are sorry.
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by CuteMadridista: 10:41am On Mar 21, 2018
Emmanystone:
Is the Op about slavery?
Nope but Christianity is based on the bible which supports slavery
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Emmanystone: 10:56am On Mar 21, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Nope but Christianity is based on the bible which supports slavery
Maybe you shd open a thread lets trash that instead of trying to derail this thread.

Can you do that? Am waiting.
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by CuteMadridista: 11:07am On Mar 21, 2018
Emmanystone:

Maybe you shd open a thread lets trash that instead of trying to derail this thread.

Can you do that? Am waiting.

Its already been discussed at length in the past here

https://www.nairaland.com/3508437/god-jesus-didnt-forbid-slavery

This one happened this week

https://www.nairaland.com/4405316/thank-god-slavery
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 11:19am On Mar 21, 2018
UNLOCKING THE SUPERNATURAL.

*PLEASE READ IF YOU WANT TO HAVE DIRECT ACCESS TO THE SUPERNATURAL*

To unlock the supernatural, you must be committed to a lifestyle of prayer and fasting. Jesus returned from a 40- day prayer and fasting expenditure and the supernatural broke loose in his life. (Luke 4:14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.) He returned in the power of the Holy Spirit, then he declared he was sent to unleash the supernatural on the earth. (Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.) That was the aftermath of his 40-day prayer and fasting.

Psalms 63:1 O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: MY SOUL THIRSTETH for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a DRY and THIRTY land, where no water is; 63:2 To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. This is another picture of fasting. Understand that, God's power always commands his glory, and glory here means the supernatural. Fasting with prayers commands the supernatural.

Jesus said, "When thou fastest." Not, IF. Matthew 6:17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face. This means fasting is part and parcel of our redemptive responsibilities. (Matthew 6:16 Moreover WHEN ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.) When thou fast again is repeated here, not if thou fast. Why? Because fasting with prayers is a requirement if you must command the supernatural.

Moreover, prayer and fasting is a platform for the outbreak of revelation. Isaiah 58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? 58:8 THEN SHALL THY LIGHT BREAK FORTH as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward. Fasting is chosen, first for an empowerment into next levels, so that by the anointing you can break every yoke, and then it is chosen so that your light/revelation will breakforth.

Understand that every supernatural manifestation is a product of applied revelation. Exodus 4:17 And thou shalt take this rod in thine hand, wherewith thou shalt do signs. Mark 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen. Every sign and wonder is a confirmation of applied revelation. Putting God's word to work simply commits God to confirm his word.

So, two things happen during fasting.

1. The anointing it released; and 2. There is an outbreak of revelation. For example, by the grace of God, today, I am living a stress free life, simply by trading the revelation in, Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. I have been trading it with all of my heart and it has never ceased to deliver results. Also, Jesus has put the revelation of (Matthew 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.) in my hands, and it has never failed to deliver. It works like fire! I walk in the confidence of it day and night. He has taken my infirmities forever!

Every revelation delivered to you is a tool for operating the supernatural. I also knew from (Deuteronomy 8:18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.) that I can never be poor. Every rod put into your hands empowers you to operate in the supernatural. I also know that I will have a hitch free marriage by revelation.

I heard of a man of God whose wife was ill, and yet he was flying all over 27 African countries on crusades the same year of her attack, because he had the revelation of Matthew 6:33 in his heart. The attack had to go because he just won't let go of Jesus. Serving God in truth and verity is the key to everything in life. So, understand that it is by the revelation of the word that we command the supernatural, particularly the word you put to work; the word you apply, not just the one you preach.

For example, you can never hear me say I am sick. Never! Not under any circumstance under heaven. Somebody (Jesus) already took my infirmities, and I saw it- this is what I mean by applied revelation. Some people say, "He took my infirmities, but I'm sick." Because they have not applied the word in their lives it cannot guarantee the supernatural.

Prayer and fasting will always culminate in outbreak of revelation that puts you in charge of the issues of your life. Praise God!

To unlock the supernatural one must also be committed to engaging Biblical mentality.

For example, we must posses a royal mentality. (Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.) He has made us kings and priests out of every nation. (Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.) So your colour or race is immaterial; as long as you're redeemed you are a king on earth.

Again, you have been redeemed after the order of Christ. (John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.) And Jesus came as the lion of the tribe of Judah. (Revelation 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.) And we see what makes a lion in, Proverbs 30:30 A lion which is strongest among beasts, and turneth not away for any. Boldness is a core characteristics of a loin, this kind of mentality will embolden you, and it takes boldness to operate in the supernatural. You have to posses this mentality because it will embolden you on the battlefield of life.

It takes a Biblical mentality of what redemption has made of you to be truly bold in the face of life's battles. Daniel 11:32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: BUT THE PEOPLE THAT DO KNOW THEIR GOD SHALL BE STRONG, AND DO EXPLOITS. Also, remember, (Ecclesiastes 8:4 Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?) so, your royal mentality enhances your confidence to command the supernatural.

In addition, to unlock the supernatural we must be committed to serving God and the interest of his Kingdom.

Serving God commits him to confirming his words in our lives with miracles, signs and wonders. (Mark 3:14 And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach, 3:15 And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils.) Notice that these disciples were chosen to serve Jesus. (Mark 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.) Everyone on the go for Christ (after souls) is ordained a commander of signs and wonders.

Serving God automatically positions us to command signs and wonders. (John 12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.) Serving God secures for us honour from above, which includes empowerment to command the supernatural, to have it the way we want it at any point in time. Thank Jesus!

Job 36:11 If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.

It's important to know that the revelation of what belongs to us, and having access to it is what triggers and provokes the supernatural.

Just getting to know what is provided, what is required to take delivery of it, and positioning yourself accordingly will silence any devil. This is what is called walking in light, and when you walk in light there is no occasion for stumbling; their is no room for failure. Hallelujah!
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Emmanystone: 11:24am On Mar 21, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Its already been discussed at length in the past here

https://www.nairaland.com/3508437/god-jesus-didnt-forbid-slavery

This one happened this week

https://www.nairaland.com/4405316/thank-god-slavery
Okay, can we go.over there and leave this thread alone?

Let's go.
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Matinoh: 6:29am On Mar 22, 2018
Emmanystone:

Listen carefully because i know you must have heard this before but did not take it in.

What takes us to Hellfire is not the ACT, of sin. It is not the lie you told, the fish or money you stole, or that girl you just had sex with. It is a NATURE of Sin that takes you there.

SIN is;
S=====SATAN'S
I======IMPOST
N=====NATURE.
when you have this nature, you are dead in the Spirit.

When you have the renewed Nature which only Christ can give. The nature Adam lost in Eden. It is the only prerequisite to enter heaven. It's like dress code.

A sinner (one with satans nature) is lifeless in the Spirit realm, as in, the body he has can not access God's kingdom and no one in the physical body (this flesh) can enter also, that leaves him with no other option than to go to where others like him are.

Satan although a spirit but is dead spiritually in the sense that, he is enstranged from the presence of God, so that's where tbose with his nature will be.

Now, a believer who falls into sin, does not stop being a believer just because he fell into sin. Just like a toddler does not cease from being a child of his parents just because he peed on himself.

Again, note, many believers will enter heaven, but won't have rewards. Meaning, if a believer has the spirit of God but falls into sin, (note, FALLS INTO) not live in it, his father will pick him up.

Now also not that, God is not a man who sees only the face and not the heart. If you sin and about to repent but falls and dies, God sees, that you are sorry.
I have heard this before and I'm sorry to say I don't feel comfortable with it... It's the "grace doctrine". It encourages sin. Imagine how comfortable a weak Christian will be when he eventually sees this write-up.
In Philippians 2:12-13, Paul beseeched us to continue to work out our salvation with fear and trembling.
Ezekiel 33:11 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy
people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him
in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the
wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from
his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his
righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
living in sin and falling into sin?? a friend once mentioned this. I need biblical illustrations..
NOTE: WE ARE NOT ARGUING, JUST LEARNING THE WORD.
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:14am On Mar 22, 2018
*PLEASE READ IF YOU WANT TO ACCESS SUPERNATURAL/DIVINE BLESSINGS TODAY*

GATEWAYS TO SUPERNATURAL BLESSINGS IN HARD TIMES.

One of God's verdicts for you is found in this scripture.

Psalms 37:18 The LORD knoweth the days of the upright and their inheritance shall be forever. 37:19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.

In hard times you are not permitted to be patching up or scratching the bottom of the pot. You shall be satisfied. You shall be supernaturally supplied for. You shall not be afraid of the evil time even though there is economic crunch.

Psalms 91:7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousagnd at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Businesses can be crumbling, but it cannot come near you because you are dwelling in the secret place of the covenant.

That is, you are doing your part of the covenant as empowered by God thereby ccommitting God to do his own part for you in hard times.

Whether in hard times or great times the covenant will always make a difference.

The covenant of seed time and harvest (giving and receiving) is the secret behind your exception from famine in hard times.

Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

3:11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.

3:12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.

Malachi 4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

Every covenant practitioner is exempted from the horrors of hard times.

Channels through which we experience returns on our giving.

1. Through his blessings upon the works of our hands.

Job 1:9 Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

1:10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

So, the covenant protects you against the assaults of the enemy.

Job was an addicted covenant practitioner, worshipping God with his substance and serving the needs of humanity.

Job 29:12 Because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him.

29:13 The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.

29:15 I was eyes to the blind, and feet was I to the lame.

29:16 I was a father to the poor: and the cause which I knew not I searched out. Satan had to confess, "You have blessed the works of his hands."

Our engagement of the covenant of seed time and harvest impacts on the works of our hands supernaturally.

Psalms 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Deuteronomy 28:12 The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.

Proverbs 10:22 The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

There is no unique profession in the world, it is covenant practice that makes the work of your hands unique.

The wealthiest man in the world in 2014 was a furniture dealer.

It's your covenant standing that makes the difference not your profession.

A woman was selling waste bottles, and when the blessings of the Lord came upon it, she was able to sponsor herself abroad and get a degree for herself and her children.

It's the blessings of the Lord that makes the difference.

You can be dinning with kings and dying as a peasant.

Proverbs 10:22 The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

Get engaged!

No matter what you do, it says you shall prosper. Don't look down on the works of your hands. As long as you are a covenant practitioner, whatever you do shall prosper!

Someone is riding 'okada' today as his business, very soon you will have chains of buses.

Someone is grinding pepper today, tomorrow you are the one manufacturing the machine used to grind the pepper.

Whatsoever you do shall prosper!

2. God also releases his blessings to us through divine favour, and nothing flies like divine favour in the journey of life.

1 Corinthians 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

The grace of God means the favour of God, and giving is one of the ways we intreat divine favour.

Psalms 45:12 And the daughter of Tyre shall be there with a gift; even the rich among the people shall intreat thy favour.

We intreat and provoke God's favour through our givings.

Divine favour accompanies every covenant practitioner. What others are struggling for, you won't need to struggle for anymore.

Nothing flies like divine favour. In fact, you can't be anywhere above where favour places you.

Nothing defines the future like favour, and this is one of the things that the covenant of seed time and harvest (giving and receiving) guarantees.

Therefore, beginning from this moment, for every covenant practitioner reading this, misfortune has come to an end in your life in Jesus name!

Global Christian Centre, Worldwide.

Jesus is Lord!

Share with your loved ones.

Join us on https:///06BBSuGwuAqEFtU3ZsEJ5W
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Emmanystone: 10:44am On Mar 22, 2018
Matinoh:

I have heard this before and I'm sorry to say I don't feel comfortable with it... It's the "grace doctrine". It encourages sin. Imagine how comfortable a weak Christian will be when he eventually sees this write-up.
In Philippians 2:12-13, Paul beseeched us to continue to work out our salvation with fear and trembling.
What do you mean by 'The Doctrine of Grace'?
Isn't it by grace that we are saved? As gentiles, we have no right whatsoever to be called the Seed of Abraham or to be partakers on his covenant. What did you as a person do to be accepted into the covenant YHWH made with Abraham? Nothing. Did you even know if there was a covenant or what it meant?

What did you contribute to the death and resurrection of Christ which bought you redemption? Did you even know you needed salvation until it came?
It's a gift, that is why it is grace.

Brother you took those scriptures out of context. Let's see them with context. To understand the context lets read from verse one, because the wherefore which began the verse two is linking you to what has been said in the previous verses.

Philipians Chapter 2 took precedence from chapter 1 and verse 29 and 30. Here is what it says;

For you have been given the privilege of serving Christ, not only by believing in him, but also by suffering for him. Now you can take part with me in the battle. It is the same battle you saw me fighting in the past, and as you hear, the one I am fighting still

NOTE: You have been given the Privilege to serve Christ as His servants. You can't serve without receiving salvation first (you did nothing to earn it).

Then reading Chapter 2 from verse 1 down to 12 and 13 you quote explains what the spirit is saying there.

Let's take it from diff. Translations.
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Philippians:2:12

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Philippians:2:13

What does 'Work out your own salvation' here means?

Let's see what Amplified say.

Philippians 2:12
Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ).

See verse 13?

[Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.

So, what 'Work out your own salvation' here means is comparable to what Apostle Paul said in Romans 12 verse 2; 'And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God'.. If you note, it says 'Ye' over and over.

The Spiritual rebirth has taken place in you without your effort, but, living on will be your duty. You will make effort to endure hardship, overcome the temptation to sin. Do not compromise by going back to your old ways of life.

Working out your own salvation means, keeping faith. If you were a thief before salvation, the temptation to steal will still come, but do not do it. If you were sexually immoral, the urge for sex will still come, don't do it. If you were a liar, the need for you to lie to have your way will still come, tell the truth instead. ^^^ this is all your effort, God won't do this for you.

A covenant is enacted by two parties. He saved your spirit from eternal death, you must make effort to live according to the specification of the kingdom until to enter into it by death.
Re: Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire by Emmanystone: 11:02am On Mar 22, 2018
Matinoh:

Ezekiel 33:11 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy
people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him
in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the
wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from
his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his
righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
living in sin and falling into sin?? a friend once mentioned this. I need biblical illustrations..
NOTE: WE ARE NOT ARGUING, JUST LEARNING THE WORD.
Where you quoted from is Ezekiel 33:12 not 11.

And pls read that passage from verse one to get the context.

What YHWH is asking for here is Intercessors
Men to stand in the gap, praying for God to forgive the sins of the people and warning them against the wrath of God.
That verse has nothing to do with making your own to be in a right standing with God.

Besides, this is the OT when the people didn't have the grace enabled by the Holy Spirit to overcome transgressions. Their era is different from ours, hence they don't relate.
The New life/Nature we have, they didn't have.

Brother, pls always read preceding and adjoining verses of scriptures so that you'd get the context, because when scriptures are taken out of context they can mean whatever you want them to mean and it's dangerous. Remember they are sharp both sides. They can kill and make alive, depending on how they are used.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Types Of Prayers Mentioned In The Bible. / Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today / What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.