Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,355 members, 7,812,008 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible (11868 Views)

Which Part Of Your Christian Life Do You Need To Improve This Year? / Dr. Fayemi Meets Leadership Of Deeper Christian Life Ministry / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 10:26am On Sep 13, 2021
Living a perfect christian life is hard but it's possible. To some, the christian life is easy probably because of their wealth, nice cars, beautiful houses etc. Our human needs too makes christianity hard too. e.g our need 4 money, happy marriage, children, happy home, good job etc.

Hardship, poverty, childlessness, marital delay, broken home etc, make it difficult too for one to live a perfect christian life.

In summary, living a perfect christian life as a human (having a flesh and blood) is really hard but it's possible. It's neither easier 4 the rich but it's more harder 4 the poor. My own point of view.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ammishaddai: 10:27am On Sep 13, 2021
Christianity is hard bros .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 10:38am On Sep 13, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Honestly, It's hard. Considering the needs of humans having flesh and blood. Sometimes, u may not know the hell others are passing through until u find urselves in their shoes. The painful thing of all these is that they are christians who intend to live a perfect christian life.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ammishaddai: 10:44am On Sep 13, 2021
Truvelisback:
Honestly, It's hard. Considering the needs of human having flesh and blood. Sometimes, u may not know the hell others are passing through until u find urselves in their shoes.
Yes. Especially the part of persecution . I once saw a very disturbing video of Christians in Afghanistan being blindfolded and shot in the head because they refusing converting to Islam. When I saw this , I was just shocked and something compelled me to think deeply about this whole business of christianity and its challenges in the midst of things like death

3 Likes

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 11:02am On Sep 13, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Yes. Especially the part of persecution . I once saw a very disturbing video of Christians in Afghanistan being blindfolded and shot in the head because they refusing converting to Islam. When I saw this , I was just shocked and something compelled me to think deeply about this whole business of christianity and its challenges in the midst of things like death
Using Nigeria as a case study, that's why i don't easily judge christians who fell into some certain sins.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Dtruthspeaker: 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2021
Ammishaddai:

Learning a new thing was always hard at the beginning eg A,B,C, or 123, or walking, writing etc as babies and toddlers have shown you.

So was it when you were learning to cook, drive, coding and software, carpentry etc.

So it is in learning the Correct Way you ought to live.

And here is the value of this quote I once saw;

"It was always impossible until it was done!"

Reported to have been stated by Nelson Mandela.

5 Likes

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Dtruthspeaker: 1:27pm On Sep 13, 2021
Truvelisback:
Living a perfect christian life is hard but it's possible.

Learning a new thing was always hard at the beginning eg A,B,C, or 123, or walking, writing etc as babies and toddlers have shown you.

So was it when you were learning to cook, drive, coding and software, carpentry etc.

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ammishaddai: 1:35pm On Sep 13, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

This is very vague and doesn't have any definitive direction

3 Likes

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Dtruthspeaker: 1:51pm On Sep 13, 2021
Truvelisback:
.. To some, the christian life is easy probably because of their wealth, nice cars, beautiful houses etc.

No sir, the Way of the Life is not lightened because of convenience, It is actually worsened by convenience, which is why Christ Clearly Said, SCARCELY shall any rich man enter into the kingdom of God. WHICH ACTUALLY MEANS ALMOST NO RICH MAN WILL BE ABLE TO WALK THE WAY OF LIFE.

Truvelisback:

Our human needs too makes christianity hard too. e.g our need 4 money,happy marriage,children,happy home, good job etc. Hardship, poverty, childlessness,marital delay,broken home etc, makes it difficult too for one to live a perfect christian life.

This is why I am here trying to let you all see for your own selves, The Truth. All these things you mentioned up are the Confessions very Truth that God in deed Cursed men.

And that claiming "I'm a Christian, I'm born again" DOES NOT REMOVE IT, FOR YOU ARE NOT REMOVED FROM IT UNLESS AND UNTIL GOD HAS TRULY REMOVED YOU. (which is why many of those claiming christians, became atheists when they saw that it had no effect)

And any who still experiences this, is still under that Curse and not yet Saved. (That is the Painful Truth)

For the receiving of the effects of the Curse is Proof that God has not yet Accepted you.

And this is where you would have to pay attention and TRULY ask yourself, HAVE YOU TRULY LEARNT WHAT GOD HAS BEEN TEACHING SINCE THE BEGINNING? Or

HAVE YOU BEEN DOING WHAT BEEN MAKING YOUR OWN WAY FOR YOURSELF

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN DIFFERENT SINCE YOU CLAIMED BORN AGAIN AND "I'M A CHRISTIAN?"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Dtruthspeaker: 2:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
Ammishaddai:
This is very vague and doesn't have any definitive direction

Ah! I don't know if I misread you but I do say that the direction is very clear.

There isn't anything you wanted to accomplish which was not very difficult at first, eg passing exams to become whom you wanted to become doctor, lawyer, mechanic, computer pro etc

And you paid the price, reading and practicing, devoting more time to perfect the knowledge acquired instead of partying and wasting time, so that you can become whom you wanted to be.

And this way had their own many exams and tests, but you took them up knowing that your life depended on it.

If you could pay great attention to these things which give not Life and weakened not, how is it then that you can not do same with that which gives Eternal Life?

2 Likes

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 2:48pm On Sep 13, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

No sir, the Way of the Life is not lightened because of convenience, It is actually worsened by convenience, which is why Christ Clearly Said, SCARCELY shall any rich man enter into the kingdom of God. WHICH ACTUALLY MEANS ALMOST NO RICH MAN WILL BE ABLE TO WALK THE WAY OF LIFE.

This is why I am here trying to let you all see for your own selves, The Truth. All these things you mentioned up are the Confessions very Truth that God in deed Cursed men.

And that claiming "I'm a Christian, I'm born again" DOES NOT REMOVE IT, FOR YOU ARE NOT REMOVED FROM IT UNLESS AND UNTIL GOD HAS TRULY REMOVED YOU. (which is why many of those claiming christians, became atheists when they saw that it had no effect)

And any who still experiences this, is still under that Curse and not yet Saved. (That is the Painful Truth)

For the receiving of the effects of the Curse is Proof that God has not yet Accepted you.

And this is where you would have to pay attention and TRULY ask yourself, HAVE YOU TRULY LEARNT WHAT GOD HAS BEEN TEACHING SINCE THE BEGINNING? Or

HAVE YOU BEEN DOING WHAT BEEN MAKING YOUR OWN WAY FOR YOURSELF

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN DIFFERENT SINCE YOU CLAIMED BORN AGAIN AND "I'M A CHRISTIAN?"

I know that conviniency is one of the hinderances the rich christians faces but hardship and poverty is worser. Why? It makes u think or do what u wouldn't av done. It makes ur christianity a burden and makes ur mind divided.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ammishaddai: 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Ah! I don't know if I misread you but I do say that the direction is very clear.

There isn't anything you wanted to accomplish which was not very difficult at first, eg passing exams to become whom you wanted to become doctor, lawyer, mechanic, computer pro etc

And you paid the price, reading and practicing, devoting more time to perfect the knowledge acquired instead of partying and wasting time, so that you can become whom you wanted to be.

And this way had their own many exams and tests, but you took them up knowing that your life depended on it.

If you could pay great attention to these things which give not Life and weakened not, how is it then that you can not do same with that which gives Eternal Life?

Brother Christianity is not easy and we can only rely on God's mercy to make it to heaven . There are certain things we may consider right in our eyes but they may actually be sins in the eyes of the Almighty . Another thing is the mandate given to us by our Lord Jesus regarding evangelism , which many of us Christians shy away from . Just confront the average Christian or churchgoer to show up on a weekend for evangelism and see how many will show up. You'll see that only a handful will show up .

All these and many more make the Christian race difficult. No wonder why Jesus foretold "narrow is the way that leads to eternal life and few find it ".

6 Likes

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Do u know what suffering, hardship and poverty Means? If u know what it means, u won't be saying this. Any christian passing tru any of these would find it difficult to live a perfect christian life. The sorrow,agony, mockery and humiliation(especiallyfrom people) attached to these makes christianity a tough one.

3 Likes

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Dtruthspeaker: 5:40pm On Sep 13, 2021
Truvelisback:
Do u know what suffering, hardship and poverty Means? If u know what it means, u won't be saying this. Any christian passing tru any of these would find it difficult to live a perfect christian life. The sorrow,agony, mockery and humiliation(especiallyfrom people) attached to these makes christianity a tough one.

We are all born into the Curse and in my time, I had it worse than my peers and age grades, from my childhood up.

You mentioned "sorrow,agony, mockery and humiliation(especiallyfrom people)", I am sure by "people" you mean outsiders.

I had all these plus HATRED from my family with my mother as the king, neighbours and their kids refused to play for no reason, same in school in choose your partner, I would have none. No real friends. This followed me up until the university.

But when I was young about 4 years, my Grandma, taught me how to pray and that God was Good, so I prayed and He indeed Answered me and Helped me, so of course I continued to pray but He did not Answer me again.

But now I knew God was there but I only wondered why He no longer answered me, which later turned to He Sometimes Answered me especially when I did not expect it AND OTHER LESSONS.

By the University I figured out a lot of Lessons and my Story began changing most especially when I saw that all I was going through was indeed recorded in the Bible eg Abel, Joseph, David, Saul, isrealites AND I LEARNT AND IMPLEMENTED THE LESSONS LEARNT.

And all I was going to do and planned to do was also recorded there.

So I indeed know all that you all are talking about and I went through them myself BUT I BROKE THROUGH.

And the Bible has truly given us the keys to break through but how are you willing to pay the price to obtain those keys to go through the door?

That is what you are labouring with.

You can't serve 2 master's is The Law!

And let me drop this tip, when you serve one Master, the other Master will hate and will be your enemy.

So, what are you going to do?

This among your other issues is what you are going to have to figure out for yourself.

But everything you need to make the right decision is in the Bible.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Dtruthspeaker: 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Brother Christianity is not easy and we can only rely on God's mercy to make it to heaven.

So was 3 Times table when you were 3.

It is always impossible until it gets done!

Ammishaddai:

There are certain things we may consider right in our eyes but they may actually be sins in the eyes of the Almighty.

Then you have not learnt that you have evil eyes and therefore in need of God's eyes.

Ammishaddai:

Another thing is the mandate given to us by our Lord Jesus regarding evangelism , which many of us Christians shy away from . Just confront the average Christian or churchgoer to show up on a weekend for evangelism and see how many will show up. You'll see that only a handful will show up.

They are right not to show up for they indeed recognise The Truth that they do not have the valid Authority to evangelize when they themselves need to evangelize.

For how is it valid for a prostitute to preach or for a thief to be the Marketing Officer of God?

It is those who have overcome that can validly evangelize.

Ammishaddai:

All these and many more make the Christian race difficult. No wonder why Jesus foretold "narrow is the way that leads to eternal life and few find it ".

Those on the Narrow Way do not do not experience what you are talking about for that is what it means to be on the Narrow Way.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Dtruthspeaker: 6:17pm On Sep 13, 2021
Truvelisback:
I know that conviniency is one of the hinderances the rich christians faces but hardship and poverty is worser. Why? It makes u think or do what u wouldn't av done. It makes ur christianity a burden and makes ur mind divided.

I have told you the Rich can never obtain eternal life exactly as the poor for the Way of Life Cuts down every one to the size of a needles eye.

And the question is, do you truly want to be cut down?
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ayo081(m): 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2021
Christians are those who doesn't consider the earth their homes but heaven.

So whether sweet or sour, Christians will remember the above.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 6:26pm On Sep 13, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

We are all born into the Curse and in my time, I had it worse than my peers and age grades, from my childhood up.

You mentioned "sorrow,agony, mockery and humiliation(especiallyfrom people)", I am sure by "people" you mean outsiders.

I had all these plus HATRED from my family with my mother as the king, neighbours and their kids refused to play for no reason, same in school in choose your partner, I would have none. No real friends. This followed me up until the university.

But when I was young about 4 years, my Grandma, taught me how to pray and that God was Good, so I prayed and He indeed Answered me and Helped me, so of course I continued to pray but He did not Answer me again.

But now I knew God was there but I only wondered why He no longer answered me, which later turned to He Sometimes Answered me especially when I did not expect it AND OTHER LESSONS.

By the University I figured out a lot of Lessons and my Story began changing most especially when I saw that all I was going through was indeed recorded in the Bible eg Abel, Joseph, David, Saul, isrealites AND I LEARNT AND IMPLEMENTED THE LESSONS LEARNT.

And all I was going to do and planned to do was also recorded there.

So I indeed know all that you all are talking about and I went through them myself BUT I BROKE THROUGH.

And the Bible has truly given us the keys to break through but how are you willing to pay the price to obtain those keys to go through the door?

That is what you are labouring with.

You can't serve 2 master's is The Law!

And let me drop this tip, when you serve one Master, the other Master will hate and will be your enemy.

So, what are you going to do?

This among your other issues is what you are going to have to figure out for yourself.

But everything you need to make the right decision is in the Bible.

I get ur points and i know that living a perfect christian life is possible but i am talking the difficulty of living that perfect christian life. All i am trying to say is that the christian race is not a bed of roses.

2 Likes

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2021
Ayo081:
Christians are those who doesn't consider the earth their homes but heaven.

So whether sweet or sour Christians will remember the above.
I agree with u, but talking abt the difficulty of living a perfect christian life, especially in a time where suffering, hardship,joblessness and poverty is the norm.

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Adamgeneral12: 6:45pm On Sep 13, 2021
Truvelisback:
I pass through this 101 times

And I'm still passing through it now

Just last three weeks I need some money to buy crops and hoe so that if I heap my farm I will plant immediately, when I think up and down, I just decided to call my uncle that is in Abuja, so that he can help me out.

Hmmmm, he first ask me that, he had they I'm have turn to Christian?

I said yes, he now call my name three times and said ' you are finished'
He now said I should go to the church that I'm attending and ask them for the help or I should go and find lorry that is going to the north and beg them to carry me to Abuja to come and meet him.

I know what that means and I know what he's going to do

In short I don buy the hoe na the seed remain grin

Some Christians face more than this and the worst part is nobody to rescue them, at the end of the day, they will turn to something else.

But I want tell you guys that all of you are right, it depends on your different experience, and how you walk with God.

2 Likes

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 6:45pm On Sep 13, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I have told you the Rich can never obtain eternal life exactly as the poor for the Way of Life Cuts down every one to the size of a needles eye.

And the question is, do you truly want to be cut down?

Why did u say the rich can never obtain eternal life? Was Abraham not rich? That Bible passage doesn't mean all the rich will can never obtain eternal life. Jesus on made that statement because of his value for earthly riches than the heavenly riches.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ayo081(m): 9:40pm On Sep 13, 2021
Truvelisback:
I agree with u, but talking abt the difficulty of living a perfect christian life, especially in a time where suffering, hardship,joblessness and poverty is the norm.

Oh well bro, Christ already told us that we'll face troubles and tribulations. It won't be easy. Either rich or poor there'll be sorrows and sufferings (either poverty, sickness or death). Imagine having all the money and still die of cancer or so.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 10:45pm On Sep 13, 2021
Ayo081:

Oh well bro, Christ already told us that we'll face troubles and tribulations. It won't be easy. Either rich or poor there'll be sorrows and sufferings (either poverty, sickness or death). Imagine having all the money and still die of cancer or so.
Good, that's why i said it's hard even though it's possible. Now,i wanna ask, btw the rich and the poor(including those experiencing hardship), who finds it more difficult to live a perfect christian life?
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ayo081(m): 2:05am On Sep 14, 2021
Truvelisback:
Good, that's why i said it's hard even though it's possible. Now,i wanna ask, btw the rich and the poor(including those experiencing hardship), who finds it more difficult to live a perfect christian life?

Both, the rich is yet to donate majority of his riches to charity and then follow Christ.

Jesus commanded that.

How will you have 10m in your account while so many are Hungary.

1 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,

4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Matthew 6:1‭-‬4 NIV

19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Matthew 6:19‭-‬21 NIV

Biggest fear of the rich is not death, but going broke while alive.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Bishopkingsley(m): 3:04am On Sep 14, 2021
You need the holy spirit in your life to help you dominate sin and kill the desire of sin without the holy spirit you will fail stop fighting and ask God to give you the holy spirit

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ayo081(m): 7:01am On Sep 14, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
You need the holy spirit in your life to help you dominate sin and kill the desire of sin without the holy spirit you will fail stop fighting and ask God to give you the holy spirit
Absolutely!, He will teach and bring to remembrance all things.

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 10:19am On Sep 14, 2021
Ayo081:

Both, the rich is yet to donate majority of his riches to charity and then follow Christ.

Jesus commanded that.

How will you have 10m in your account while so many are Hungary.

Biggest fear of the rich is not death, but going broke while alive.
Bro, the rich still have more advantage to live a perfect christian life than the poor.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 11:50am On Sep 14, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
I know the HolySpirit helps the believers but my point is the difficulty,pains, struggles, life challenges believers go tru just to live and maintain that perfect christian life.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2021
Truvelisback:
I know the HolySpirit helps the believers but my point is the difficulty,pains, struggles, life challenges believers go tru just to live and maintain that perfect christian life.

The holy spirit is there to help you to live the way God wants, it is not a struggle once you yield to him, he takes over and carries you all the way, it becomes easy, the life you live no longer belongs to you it belongs to Christ

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Dtruthspeaker: 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2021
Truvelisback:
Why did u say the rich can never obtain eternal life? Was Abraham not rich? That Bible passage doesn't mean all the rich will can never obtain eternal life. Jesus on made that statement because of his value for earthly riches than the heavenly riches.

Speak the Truth, the rich you had in mind is it not the type similar to Dangote, Bola Tinubu, Yahoo-Yahoo?

So now tell me the Truth, a person who Truly sticks to his True earnings and wages in accordance with the The Law of "Better is a little with right and righteousness than great revenues without right", have you seen such as rich as this men, in Truth?

This is where I tell you what Abraham's riches is, for remember he left his father's house with only a few things.

But you did not see that Pharaoh's ashawoness increased him (For pharoah paid Damages and Compensation for attempting to trespass and trespass Abraham's wife) same as Abimelech.

Also by The Law of "Just War" with the 5 Kings, he was further increased by the fruits of Just War.

The Word is God is indeed the Great Provider who shall in deed Provide by Rightness and in Rightness.

No Wrongness or magic at all.

And further, this is where you appreciate Davids advice when he always cries out "TRUST, THE LORD"

The only problem here is that people are not also told that all these Will Not Work UNLESS, The Lord is TRULY yours and is Pleased with you.

And their lives will remain in the same world of The Curse.

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ayo081(m): 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

The holy spirit is there to help you to live the way God wants, it is not a struggle once you yield to him, he takes over and carries you all the way, it becomes easy, the life you live no longer belongs to you it belongs to Christ

Little wonder why Christ called him the comforter.

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ayo081(m): 12:43pm On Sep 14, 2021
Truvelisback:

Your opinion, which is fine.

The question is who shall be saved? Poor or rich?

Christ concluded that only those who stand firm till the end.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Eternal Security : A Believer's Assurance Of Salvation - Ralph Yankee Arnold / How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! / On Masturbation...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.