Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Obedience Of Abraham. What Was The Purpose? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Obedience Of Abraham. What Was The Purpose? (642 Views)

Was Mohamed A Descendant Of Abraham? / The Religion Of Abraham / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens : Obedience Must Be Total (2) (3) (4)

Obedience Of Abraham. What Was The Purpose? by Martinez19(m): 6:58pm On Mar 05, 2018

The writers of the bible were smart psychologists and had profound knowledge of human nature and human condition for people of their. Unfortunately, their insights were used to deceive their fellow man.

Abraham was asked by yahweh to sacrifice his son (a ridiculous request to any sane person) and he obeyed. Just when he was about to kill Isaac, God stopped him and provided a sheep for sacrifice. The story didn't stop there, it even went further that yahweh blessed Abraham for his faith and later on, he was deemed a hero of faith. What was insanity and naivety on Abraham's part became a virtue. SMH

The purpose of this story, in my opinion as it's obvious to me, was to subtly and subconsciously programme people to take pride in obeying stupid instructions as long as it is yahweh's command. Since in reality, there is no god that speaks to people directly and the main method of "hearing" yahweh is through a clergy(charlatan), the story of Abraham gives the clergy the avenue to manipulate the people to carry out his instructions no matter how silly it sounds. The instructions, of course, are usually selfish and crafty ones eg, "Yahweh said I should tell you to give the church your land", "Yahweh said you should sell all your properties and give them to the church or temple", "yahweh said you should sow your car into my life" etc. Scam of this order wasn't uncommon back in the days but today, it is losing it's grip - - - thanks to hypocrisy where everyone can dismiss a clergy by saying "his not a true man of yahweh.", "yahweh can't say a thing like that", etc. Na so. grin

In summary, Abraham's faith story is just a subtle and indirect way to get people to readily obey stupid instructions in the name of yahweh and glory in it. SMH

HopefulLandord, HardMirror, Johnydon22, hahn, 1Sharon, 0temSapien, Nilfeim, decide, dalaman, proudgorgeousga, Tozara, Catfishbilly, donffd, adepeter2027, segunojo866, akintom,

Re: Obedience Of Abraham. What Was The Purpose? by hahn(m): 10:24am On Mar 06, 2018
GBAM!

Re: Obedience Of Abraham. What Was The Purpose? by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 06, 2018
This your write up legit die!

Re: Obedience Of Abraham. What Was The Purpose? by UncleSnr(m): 10:41am On Mar 06, 2018
Wait for Abraham blessings are mine crew.
Re: Obedience Of Abraham. What Was The Purpose? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:06pm On Mar 06, 2018
Martinez19:

The writers of the bible were smart psychologists and had profound knowledge of human nature and human condition for people of their. Unfortunately, their insights were used to deceive their fellow man.

Abraham was asked by yahweh to sacrifice his son (a ridiculous request to any sane person) and he obeyed. Just when he was about to kill Isaac, God stopped him and provided a sheep for sacrifice. The story didn't stop there, it even went further that yahweh blessed Abraham for his faith and later on, he was deemed a hero of faith. What was insanity and naivety on Abraham's part became a virtue. SMH

The purpose of this story, in my opinion as it's obvious to me, was to subtly and subconsciously programme people to take pride in obeying stupid instructions as long as it is yahweh's command. Since in reality, there is no god that speaks to people directly and the main method of "hearing" yahweh is through a clergy(charlatan), the story of Abraham gives the clergy the avenue to manipulate the people to carry out his instructions no matter how silly it sounds. The instructions, of course, are usually selfish and crafty ones eg, "Yahweh said I should tell you to give the church your land", "Yahweh said you should sell all your properties and give them to the church or temple", "yahweh said you should sow your car into my life" etc. Scam of this order wasn't uncommon back in the days but today, it is losing it's grip - - - thanks to hypocrisy where everyone can dismiss a clergy by saying "his not a true man of yahweh.", "yahweh can't say a thing like that", etc. Na so. grin

In summary, Abraham's faith story is just a subtle and indirect way to get people to readily obey stupid instructions in the name of yahweh and glory in it. SMH

THAT WAS HOW ONE REV. FR. GOT A FREE KIDNEY BACK THEN IN OUR DIOCESE.

"YAHWEH SAYS I SHALL NOT DIE FROM THIS KIDNEY INFECTION. HE SAYS YOU MUST PROVIDE ME A DONOR WHO HE WILL BLESS RICHLY ".

COME AND SEE HOW PEOPLE WERE BATTLING WHO'S KIDNEY SHOULD BE TAKEN.

THEY HAD TO DEBATE AND EVEN VOTE, BECAUSE ALMOST ALL THE PARISHIONERS WANTED THE MAN TO HAVE THEIR KIDNEYS, IN EXCHANGE FOR GOD'S SPECIAL BLESSINGS.

Re: Obedience Of Abraham. What Was The Purpose? by Martinez19(m): 2:54pm On Mar 06, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THAT WAS HOW ONE REV. FR. GOT A FREE KIDNEY BACK THEN IN OUR DIOCESE.

"YAHWEH SAYS I SHALL NOT DIE FROM THIS KIDNEY INFECTION. HE SAYS YOU MUST PROVIDE ME A DONOR WHO HE WILL BLESS RICHLY ".

COME AND SEE HOW PEOPLE WERE BATTLING WHO'S KIDNEY SHOULD BE TAKEN.

THEY HAD TO DEBATE AND EVEN VOTE, BECAUSE ALMOST ALL THE PARISHIONERS WANTED THE MAN TO HAVE THEIR KIDNEYS, IN EXCHANGE FOR GOD'S SPECIAL BLESSINGS.
that's the opium of the masses right there.
Re: Obedience Of Abraham. What Was The Purpose? by sammie026(m): 3:10pm On Mar 06, 2018
Isaac was lucky...the dota of the other king was as lucky....she was sacrificed to the Almighty blood tasty yaweh
Re: Obedience Of Abraham. What Was The Purpose? by Ubenedictus(m): 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2018
Abraham isn't about making stupid demands, it was a command that was never going to be carried out, it was a foreshadowing of what God himself will do to show his love for us.

he will give us his son, his only son who he loves, he himself will provide the Lamb, the true sacrifice, it wasn't about Issac is was about Jesus.
Re: Obedience Of Abraham. What Was The Purpose? by Martinez19(m): 4:40pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ubenedictus:
Abraham isn't about making stupid demands, it was a command that was never going to be carried out, it was a foreshadowing of what God himself will do to show his love for us.

he will give us his son, his only son who he loves, he himself will provide the Lamb, the true sacrifice, it wasn't about Issac is was about Jesus.
If what you say is true (which I know it isn't), then yahweh is petty as Bleep.
Re: Obedience Of Abraham. What Was The Purpose? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:38am On Mar 10, 2018
Martinez19:
If what you say is true (which I know it isn't), then yahweh is petty as Bleep.
have a nice day

See Who Mocked God: John Lennon (singer): Some Years Ago, During His Interview / Witchcraft And Dreams. / God Is Not A Trinity