Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour (21099 Views)

Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) / Whatsapp Adds New Rules For 'Delete For Everyone' Feature / Whatsapp Delete For Everyone Feature Extended From 7 To 64 Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by TechZiga: 10:58pm On Mar 05, 2018
Last year November 2017, WhatsApp introduced a new features that allowed users to delete a sent message within seven minutes after it has being sent. While the feature was a welcome development, many complete that the time duration was too short.

In response to this, the new WhatsApp beta version 2.18.69 is extending the time duration from 7 minutes which is 420 seconds to 4096 seconds which is about 68 minutes and 16 seconds or better put, 1 hour, 8 minutes and 16 seconds.

According to report, the WhatsApp beta version 2.18.69 update came with the ability for users to forward stickers to other chats in the 2.18.67 beta. The 2.18.69 beta update reportedly also came with a bug which causes the app to crash when the user tries to send GIFs

Source: https://www.techchairman.com/2018/03/whatsapp-extends-delete-for-everyone.html

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by samuelchimmy(m): 11:09pm On Mar 05, 2018
Nice
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ok great...

Lets see what telegram and nairaland has to offer

14 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Premiumwriter: 11:12pm On Mar 05, 2018
I wish they will also let us delete that "this message was deleted"

Check my signature

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by 4reala(m): 11:25pm On Mar 05, 2018
Nice initiative
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Bamz(m): 3:41am On Mar 06, 2018
Premiumwriter:

This actually caused an argument between my girl and me, LOL. Some people are always too curious to know what you deleted.

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by bikerboy1(m): 7:19am On Mar 06, 2018
grin The moment you do it......

And then remember that you can delete it grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by BIBILARY(m): 7:20am On Mar 06, 2018
that feature has saved me more than i could remember..

5 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by sett1ngz: 7:20am On Mar 06, 2018
Premiumwriter:

Check my signature

That's the issue, more like throwing away the knife that cut you

7 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by TeeSeven(m): 7:20am On Mar 06, 2018
I can't forget the day this delete-after-sent feature saved me from a potentially grave embarrassment.
I just wish it is possible and this easy to 'undo' a lot of our real-life actions.. That'll be great!

15 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by MRAKBEE(m): 7:20am On Mar 06, 2018
I hardly use that feature though as it creates suspicion . I would rather go tru my text to detect any mistake and unnecessary message it might convey to the person im chating with..
It sends more bad feelings out there especially when you are chating in a group than with one person

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by pat077: 7:21am On Mar 06, 2018
Make sense
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 06, 2018
Bamz:

This actually caused an argument between my girl and me, LOL. Some people are always too curious to know what you deleted.
I swear. I don't bother using it anymore cos it just gets people suspicious. I don't see the point of deleting something if they're gonna know that you deleted it. Wish it was like Instagram messages where as soon as you delete it, it disappears and if the person hasn't seen it, they'll never know

17 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by kessyur: 7:22am On Mar 06, 2018
such a petty thing causing argument? better look well before you leap
Bamz:

10 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Eberex(m): 7:22am On Mar 06, 2018
But what's the point when the recipient has read the message seconds after its dropped?
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by MRAKBEE(m): 7:23am On Mar 06, 2018
trustyshoess:

I swear. I don't bother using it anymore cos it just gets people suspicious. I don't see the point of deleting something if they're gonna know that you deleted it. Wish it was like Instagram messages where as soon as you delete it, it disappears and if the person hasn't seen it, they'll never know
I suppose future versions of whatsapp will come with commands that are similar to IG delete features
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by EdwinSixtus(m): 7:24am On Mar 06, 2018
nice update

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by ibnidris(m): 7:24am On Mar 06, 2018
How much is tookpick in your area

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by chuksjuve(m): 7:26am On Mar 06, 2018
And Apc and buhari have not improved one bit!!!

Zukerburg for president 2019... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Iseoluwani: 7:31am On Mar 06, 2018
Seun improve your APP, ITS DAMN POOR

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by koliteoriks1(m): 7:34am On Mar 06, 2018
Can a whatsapp admin still be removed from his group in this latest version
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by thorbar(m): 7:35am On Mar 06, 2018
The message you will delete and still have to resend when she ask WHAT DID YOU DELETE?.
no escape from them

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by oshe11: 7:37am On Mar 06, 2018
grayht:
Ok great...

Nairaland will Remain thesame YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by stano2(m): 7:38am On Mar 06, 2018
Send nude pix to group, watch as guymen go save am within 2seconds.
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by ybalogs(m): 7:41am On Mar 06, 2018
I really believe that if you want something bad enough, and you work so hard to get it, and you have it inside, then if you just never stop, it's gonna happen.

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by ybalogs(m): 7:42am On Mar 06, 2018
And I just updated my whatsapp ooo. Let's see how it works.
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by princetom1(m): 7:45am On Mar 06, 2018
grayht:
Ok great...

Nairaland? This one bad pass Buhari government... Slower, insensitive, myopic, name it

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by AishaBuhari: 7:48am On Mar 06, 2018
Unofficial WhatsApp still beats the official version cheesy
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 06, 2018
I have no love for that Akproko app. You leave a group,it announces that you have left a group.

You delete a message, it tells the intended recipient you have deleted the message.

The Amebo there is too much.

grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by AishaBuhari: 7:49am On Mar 06, 2018
grayht:
Ok great...

Don't even start! Telegram beats WhatsApp in all ramifications

6 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by AishaBuhari: 7:51am On Mar 06, 2018
Premiumwriter:

Check my signature
This is why telegram is better. It deletes messages without leaving a trail.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finally! My Phantom 6 Plus Upgraded To Android 7.1.1 Nougat And HIOS 2.2 / Airline Passengers Warned Not To Switch On, Charge, Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Phones / Blackberry Internet Vs. Smartphone Internet Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.