Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) (23279 Views)

Whatsapp Adds New Rules For 'Delete For Everyone' Feature / Whatsapp Delete For Everyone Feature Extended From 7 To 64 Minutes / Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by JosWatchDog(m): 10:54am On Apr 27, 2019
Facebook Messenger now lets you “remove for everyone” (delete for everyone)

Facebook messenger has topped its game. This time around, Mark and his tech team have added the ability for users to delete messages they sent by mistake.

Just like the WhatsApp amazing feature “Delete for everyone” now you can do same on Facebook messenger.

You now have the ability to revoke and delete messages after you have sent it out to your friends.

The feature rolled out early 2019. Following up the test of this feature, I discovered you can delete a message you have sent to your friends on or before 8 minutes.

Just like on WhatsApp messenger app, when you mistakenly send a message or a wrong message, you will be provided with the option to delete it for yourself alone or for everyone within the space of 7 minutes.

Same now applies to Facebook messenger, when you send a message to the wrong person, you will now be able to delete it for yourself or for everyone.

In the case of the messenger, you won’t get the note like the popular notes on WhatsApp which reads “Delete for me”, “Delete for everyone” rather what you will see on your Facebook messenger is “Remove for me” and ” Remove for everyone”.

Wondering what these two notes mean?

1. Remove for me
2. Remove for everyone

Remove for me:

This feature allows you to delete a message you mistakenly sent to someone or your friend. From your own personal inbox meanwhile, the message will still appear in the inbox of the person you sent it to.

Some people do this when they feel they have sent a message that is not appropriate. For that reason, they don’t want that message to remind them of the pains or embarrassment it caused them. So they would prefer not to see the message in their inbox again even when they know full well that the message still appears in the inbox of the other person.

But who would still want to use that feature when the Facebook messenger has already made it possible for you to delete it in your inbox and the inbox of the other person when received it.

Remove for everyone:

This is the latest feature on Facebook messenger that I’m talking about. With this feature, you can now delete or revoke messages mistakenly sent to your friends without them seeing it (that’s if you are able to delete it on or before 8minutes).

When you mistakenly send an unwanted message to your friend or someone, with this feature you don’t need to worry again all you just have to do is to remove it for everyone.

How to delete for everyone on Facebook messenger

Want to remove message for everyone on Facebook messenger? Follow these simple steps

1. When you send the message to someone and discovered it was a wrong message, or there was a mistake.

2. Long press on the message and the option Remove for me or remove for everyone pops up.

3. Click on Remove for everyone and boom the message is deleted from your inbox and the inbox of the person you sent it to. While trying to remove it for everyone, you will get a prompt notification which reads

“You’ll permanently remove this message for all chat members. They can see you removed a message and still report it.”

Remove for everyone

This is indeed a nice feature especially for those found guilty of cheating or those chatting with the influence of alcohol.

Source: https://litetechguide.com/remove-everyone-facebook-messenger/

7 Likes

Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by imthealpha: 12:16pm On Apr 27, 2019
cool
been expecting it

F.T.C oya where's my award oh

7 Likes

Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by JosWatchDog(m): 1:48pm On Apr 27, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 27, 2019
ok
Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by fergieboy: 2:02pm On Apr 27, 2019
Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by Realbelieveer(m): 2:02pm On Apr 27, 2019
Since na

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by RexTramadol1: 2:02pm On Apr 27, 2019
Since when ?

1 Like

Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by Ihutomi: 2:03pm On Apr 27, 2019
good one,some of us whe the toast anything toastable will have choice Nw.
Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by haryorbarmie83(m): 2:03pm On Apr 27, 2019
How does this make me rich.
Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by paranorman(m): 2:04pm On Apr 27, 2019
Yeah
Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by Kendumazy(m): 2:05pm On Apr 27, 2019
Facebook be working on improving their products day in, day out. No single update from Nairaland

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by princeade86(m): 2:09pm On Apr 27, 2019
Remain how to delete multiple messages at once just like whatsapp

3 Likes

Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by nasirujj(m): 2:11pm On Apr 27, 2019
Pls guys my free facebook and messenger not working unless I have data, not only that but even if I try to login from chrome too is not working, but Wikipedia and Nairaland are working well with the freebasic
Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by Aystarz: 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2019
Kendumazy:
Facebook be working on improving their products day in, day out. No single update from Nairaland

As if you don't know that NL is a classic example of all that is wrong with Nigeria. The apple no dey fall far from the tree.

3 Likes

Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2019
haryorbarmie83:
How does this make me rich.

Kindly find a thread that can make you rich. Nobody forced you to come here

1 Like

Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by balonaija(f): 2:31pm On Apr 27, 2019
I don't believe this.
Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by Groovenaija360(m): 2:33pm On Apr 27, 2019
Dope
Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by daddyfreeman1(m): 2:43pm On Apr 27, 2019
Please ooo I want to ask a question... Hope this shiio new Facebook does not do delete and tell?? Huh?? Because WhatsApp will tell you to delete for everyone, you'll delete it and it will still go and tell the other there that, "message was deleted" I can see that here also... Facebook mark zuckerberg you don fvck up ah swear... Why kiss and tell?? Huh?
Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by chukwuibuipob: 2:45pm On Apr 27, 2019
sad
Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by tosyne2much(m): 2:51pm On Apr 27, 2019
daddyfreeman1:
Please ooo I want to ask a question... Hope this shiio new Facebook does not do delete and tell?? Huh?? Because WhatsApp will tell you to delete for everyone, you'll delete it and it will still go and tell the other there that, "message was deleted" I can see that here also... Facebook mark zuckerberg you don fvck up ah swear... Why kiss and tell?? Huh?
The kiss and tell wey Whastapp dey do sef dey vex me
Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by Horlaslim(m): 3:06pm On Apr 27, 2019
iPhone 6 16gb for sale
Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by nkemjacob2(m): 3:33pm On Apr 27, 2019
Let same apply to instagram. For person to edit message after posting
Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by y3mi(m): 3:37pm On Apr 27, 2019
Much needed long overdue feature. I've been off it ever since it has lost it appeal and now an haven for cyber criminals?

What I hate most about Facebook is

1. How easy it is for anyone to copy and use other people's photos, Facebook can make uploaded photos un-save-able by disabling that feature the same way some websites have made it unable to save images on their websites, such as how one is unable to save text-like images on Google Books but only to read it.

2. Facebook have never ever seem to care about the issue of impostors, and scammers using photos of popular figures to lure unsuspecting friend requesters. I told an Ayobalogun Wizkid that you can never be the real Wizkid as he couldn't have the time to be responding to every chats and messages everyone posts, the next thing he blocked me off. That was like 5 or 6 years ago and up till now they haven't done anything about it like Twitter and Instagram put a mark sign beside the display picture of a prominent person to indicate he or she is verified.

3. How easy it still is for those who call themselves hackers here in Nigeria to obtain, hijack and take over the Facebook accounts of other users. It's so sad how I keep hearing people falling for all the tricks they use to decieve users into submitting their password, which isn't their fault as not everyone should be expected to be security conscious during their social activities on the internet. Perosnally, I have an idea on how any service providing websites requring a username log in and password can be done so effectively that any password phishing technique can be rendered useless even when user passwords are stolen. Let's Facebook and other email services go figure something out, they all just seem to need our subscribe to what they set out to so without actually really caring to protect us their lifeblood, by thinking deep/going that extra extra length to tighten the security of its users. How I wish I know web design and development.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by Section7: 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2019
Im don teh na, una just discover? Its over a month now
Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by Secjohnkerry: 3:49pm On Apr 27, 2019
Hello Good people of Nigeria,

My brother is an experienced hotel front desk personal, he's knowledgeable in the affairs of the front office and vast in the hospitality industry. He needs help to secure a job in Lagos, he's currently based in abuja. Please anyone in Lagos with info on any hospitality job opportunities can reach him on (calls/sms) 07034320541. Thanks and God bless!
Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by bravesoul247(m): 3:50pm On Apr 27, 2019
Ehen... I've been wondering when would fb roll that out since WhatsApp already has it. Great move Jor.
Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by bravesoul247(m): 3:51pm On Apr 27, 2019
nkemjacob2:
Let same apply to instagram. For person to edit message after posting
before this one go start, e go tey gan
Re: Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) by dermmy(m): 3:51pm On Apr 27, 2019
Kendumazy:

Lmao. If Seun catch you na 6 month ban e go give you grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee / Aborted Tariff Hike: Expect Poor Data Services, Telecom Operators Tell Consumers / 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.