Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Attention Lagos State Government And To Whom It May Concern - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attention Lagos State Government And To Whom It May Concern (1323 Views)

Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata / Osoba Worked For Abacha's Government And NADECO At The Same Time - Oshun / Ogun State Government And The Paris Club Refund Yet To Be Fulfilled Promises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attention Lagos State Government And To Whom It May Concern by SAMBARRY: 11:30pm On Mar 05, 2018
Today like many other days I have passed the iyanaba,okoko and lasu gate road in ojo ,Lagos and that place is full of chaos and anarchy .There's so much barbarism and pandemonium going on there without any single policeman or lastma to bring order to the road

My experience today
I boarded a bike today because the car was bad and I needed to get to my destination asap .as the bike man was driving,there was a serious holdup around that place as typical of iyanaba area and from nowhere a police van just drove menacingly without care taking one way from opposite direction,ran into the bike ,broke his light and almost injured both me and the bike man.the bike man lost control of himself and the bike that him and his bike fell to the ground.this same policeman didn't horn or give any signal that he was coming from one way.I had to jump out of the bike before he fell to the ground.unfortunately the bike man sustained injuries.I had to console him and tell him to manage and carry his bike from the road and park it in a safe place.this bike man was almost in tears and I really felt bad for him.
The surprising thing in the whole matter is that the police was unmoved and unbothered,he was even about driving over the bike.I had to tell the bike man to quickly leave THE road and move to a place he can park.

Bottom line

There has been a practice of chaos and anarchy around iyanaba ,lasu gate,okoko,ojo garage and franklass road.Even pedestrians cannot walk along THE road for pedestrians.motorists,okada men and cars will drive on the pedestrian roads almost running into those trekking and will still have the audacity to curse them.please and please,the Lagos state government needs TO look into this area.that area is seriously congested including franklass area .There 're a lot of pickpockets ,petty thieves having a field day there,road users have no respect for other road users and even pedestrians,market men and women block the road pedestrians are supposed to pass with their wares and if you complain they curse you.commercial drivers park in the middle of the road without a care to drop and pick passengers,thereby causing avoidable holdup.same thing applies to volks area.please you need to do something.the entire ojo route particularly iyanaba/lasu gate road is in dire need of police men and lastma officials.that place has become a mad jungle.even pedeastrians are at risk of getting injured by crazy drivers.beggars too have filled the whole iyanaba streets so much that as you are crossing the road you have to avoid okada men who can run into you at anytime,beggars so you don't mistakenly run into them In a bid to avoid been knocked down,avoiding dustbin and stepping on human faeces or sewage water

That place has become not only chaotic but also extremely dangerous and risky

Please kindly do THE needful and send police men to restore order,sanity and respect for pedestrians and road users along that area.we also need kick against indiscipline men to come and stop market women From selling on the road and putting lives of passers by at risk

Eko oni baje o!
Long live Lagos!

Please pardon my typingand punctuation issues.

2 Likes

Re: Attention Lagos State Government And To Whom It May Concern by Dc4life(m): 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2018
Well said bros!
Iyana-Oba, Lasu Gate axis is something else!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attention Lagos State Government And To Whom It May Concern by maclatunji: 9:06pm On Mar 06, 2018
That place has always been chaotic. The fact that it is close to the border and the proximity to the barracks seems to have made it worse.

This is not beyond redemption with a proper strategy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attention Lagos State Government And To Whom It May Concern by SAMBARRY: 6:23am On Mar 10, 2018
maclatunji:
That place has always been chaotic. The fact that it is close to the border and the proximity to the barracks seems to have made it worse.

This is not beyond redemption with a proper strategy.
it is because the border is very porous and loose.any deek and harry can just walk in.hence people who have no business being in Lagos in the first place just find themselves in iyanaba and start loitering and engaging in criminal activities.aside from the fact that it has become a den of petty thieves and reckless drivers,that place is extremely filthy,smelling and grossly polluted with human,industrial and material waste

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attention Lagos State Government And To Whom It May Concern by maclatunji: 6:59pm On Mar 12, 2018
SAMBARRY:
it is because the border is very porous and loose.any deek and harry can just walk in.hence people who have no business being in Lagos in the first place just find themselves in iyanaba and start loitering and engaging in criminal activities.aside from the fact that it has become a den of petty thieves and reckless drivers,that place is extremely filthy,smelling and grossly polluted with human,industrial and material waste

Yes

1 Like

Re: Attention Lagos State Government And To Whom It May Concern by SAMBARRY: 7:27pm On Mar 12, 2018
maclatunji:

Yes
please how can this information GET to the appropriate authorities please?
Re: Attention Lagos State Government And To Whom It May Concern by mybestlove(m): 7:28pm On Mar 12, 2018
Ambode is busy stealing from us in the name of tax, both state and federal government taxes, ambode is taking all.

You want to make Lagos like Dubai in one year, so the source of financing it is to steal from citizens.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attention Lagos State Government And To Whom It May Concern by maclatunji: 7:43pm On Mar 12, 2018
SAMBARRY:
please how can this information GET to the appropriate authorities please?

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attention Lagos State Government And To Whom It May Concern by Strikethem: 7:47pm On Mar 12, 2018
Shithole country.

1 Like

Re: Attention Lagos State Government And To Whom It May Concern by ConAir(m): 7:59pm On Mar 12, 2018
Good observation Bro,

Iyana Iba is worst, very rowdy, rough and full of petty thieves. The armored vehicle stationed there is for decoration. The security operatives are less concerned.

Our security operatives should be more diligent in doing their work to curb all these menace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attention Lagos State Government And To Whom It May Concern by SAMBARRY: 5:02pm On Mar 17, 2018
ConAir:
Good observation Bro,

Iyana Iba is worst, very rowdy, rough and full of petty thieves. The armored vehicle stationed there is for decoration. The security operatives are less concerned.

Our security operatives should be more diligent in doing their work to curb all these menace.
you're right my brother.Since I've been passing there,the armored tank is just THERE for decoration,filling space.infact,I've not seen it moving since it was brought there.but surprisingly I saw lastma officials and police men today when I passed there however they're inadequate.that place is full of confusion,rage and brutish behaviors typical with lagosians and lagos drivers.there needs to be at least 10 lastma officials stationed in the entire lyanaba/lasu gate.the one I saw today were in front of lash gate area trying to manage traffic,even though they're trying but the 3 lastma officials there cannot curtail or control violent drivers and bike men.

Secondly they are only in front of lasu gate area,HOW ABOUT IYANABA.PARTICULARLY THE ENTIRE AREA /route WHERE THE ARmored tank is parked .including IYANABA ESPECIALLY.I MEAN THE ROUTE TO ENTER IYANABA MARKET.THAT PLACE IS A PERFECT DESCRIPTION OF THE STATE OF NATURE.BUS DRIVERS DRIVING recklessly,okada men parking anywhere,market women selling directly on the road to the extent that there is little or no where to pass.even the place pedestrians should cross or walk has been filled with heaps of dustbin.

Please Lagos state government,please there is need for environmental sanitation officers.that place is extremely dirty,vulgar and unhealthy.I mean we are human beings.that area is too nasty.please do something so that it won't spread viruses and sicknesses

Another issue is when it rains,o my God.that place is grossly disgusting.the rain will push the dustbin that is already piled up in the pedestrian area to the road side,to the extent that both the road where cars should drive and pedestrian road will be filled with heaps of refuse

Bottomline is that iyanaba and ,lasu gate is in URGENT NEED OF

ENVIRONMENTAL SANITATION WORKERS
LASTMA
KAI
AND POLICE MEN

We are civilized human beings.we can't continue living like barbarians.please do something.it's extremely dangerous to the public health e.g it's a good place for spreading dangerous skin infections,cholera,asthma etc because of the dust,human and material pollution

Kindly forward this to the appropriate authorities.cc lalasticlala etc

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

The Drying Of Lake Chad And The Rise Of Insurgency / Another Aide Of Gov.wike Defects To APC In Rivers State / Oshiomole, Tinubu, Malami Others Meet With Sen Aliyu Wamakko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.