Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,543 members, 7,861,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:43 PM

Open Letter To Ondo State Government About Plan To Commercialize Education - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Ondo State Government About Plan To Commercialize Education (303 Views)

TB Joshua's Prophetic Warning To Nigerian Government About Elections / What Saraki Told US Government About Nigeria / What Saraki Told US Government About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Ondo State Government About Plan To Commercialize Education by Macdan20(m): 12:28am On Mar 06, 2018
WHEN SILENCE IS NO LONGER GOLDEN; ATTENTION MR. GOVERNOR.

Greetings to your Excellency,and all members of your carbinate sir. We honour your position and do not take it for granted.

However,
"The moment one keeps mute on what matters, he begins the spelling of his doom".
At a time when everything seems to be at a stand still, at a point when confusion enthrone the throne, we hope that you would come to our aid, as we see you to be a respectable and people oriented governor -Arakunrun Oluwarotimi Odunayo Akeredolu (San).

I write as a concerned Student of this state to express my feelings in relation to how the education of this state is being mishandled across all it's segments.

It is worthy of note that for the past few months, Rufus Giwa Polythecnic Owo has been closed down. Although this is traceable to the destructive riot embarked upon by the students. It remains unclear if AAUA is suffering from the same punishment as well, having not embarked on any similar protest or riot.

However, the continued forceful or imposed break has led to many things among which joblessness takes the lead. Students wake daily to repeat the same circle and are subsequently tired of such.

What is so pathetic is that, no one seems to know what is what. Everyone is kept in the dark as there have been no statement from the government, leading to speculation in some areas that the government has neglected it's people, whom on the contrary, their welfare should be it's primal priority.

More so, you will agree with me that the economy of the country is not really palatable, the means of livelihood of the market men and women who trooped out en mass to exercise their franchise in your favour has been dealt with unfairly as they now find it difficult to meet their daily and basic needs.
Although it is no longer a rumour that the school fees is set to be increased because you unequivocally stated that during the last convocation ceremony. Now, this has been causing sleepless nights as no one seem to know the percentage by which it will be increased. Remember dear governor "ireti pipe maa n fa a are okan".

I may not qualify to do this sir, but permit me to quickly remind you, you were once like us and I believe you still have in you the spirit of Agitation for good governance.

In the light of this, I join my voice with that of all concerned comrades to echo it that 'our stay at home is out dated'. We want to resume back to school.

We believe you are a father, you know what it means for your child not to be in school for more than two months, and we hope to see that fatherly side of yours respond to us urgently.

My silence has not protected me, therefore I have chosen to pen this.
I and thousand other students, look forward to a prompt response and action from you, and I wish you a successful tenure in office.
Mr Governor.
#Singed- 'SEYIFUNMI FRANCIS ADEOSUN'
adeosunfrancis4@gmail.com
05-03-2018

Please help move to front page. God bless

CC fynestboy, mind44, ishilove, ijebabe

(1) (Reply)

VAIDS Supported By Existing Tax Laws—adeosun / 2019: Get Ready To Run For Second Term, Asagba Of Asaba Tells Okowa / -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.