Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Black Panther And Many Lessons For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Black Panther And Many Lessons For Nigeria (295 Views)

Black Panther: A Good Film With Many Lessons For Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar / Black Panther: A Good Film With Many Lessons For Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar Writes / Black Panther — a Good Film With Many Lessons For Nigeria By Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Black Panther And Many Lessons For Nigeria by nazzyon(m): 10:27am On Mar 06, 2018
Black Panther and many lessons for Nigeria

By Atiku Abubakar

Over the weekend, I joined my children to watch the much talked about ‘Black Panther’. It was a good film, and I was happy they took me to see it. However, I came out of the movie theatre a little upset.

When the first scenes came up, and I saw “Sambisa Forest” I was unhappy that the only reference the film makers could have for Nigeria was a negative one, but I was later encouraged by the thought of Africans solving African problems. That is a good thing, the kinds of things we used to do. For young people who may not remember, Nigerian civil servants and indeed most able citizens used to contribute money every month to support the struggle against Apartheid in South Africa. Nigeria was the single stabilizing force across West Africa. Helping to restore peace in Liberia and Sierra Leone are examples of the gigantic status we once had.

Seeing another African country come play ‘Big Brother’ to Nigeria made me very sad. We must return to a place of respect. We may argue that the film is a work of fiction, but there are many truths in the story – one of them being that young girls are being abducted by terrorists across the northeast of Nigeria, and they need to be rescued. Only recently, a band of terrorists stormed another girls’ school in Dapchi, Yobe State. After days of confusing information, it is now confirmed that 110 girls are missing. Nigeria has once again been thrown into sorrow with many of us wishing that there was indeed a ‘Black Panther’ to help rescue the girls.

http://www.theguildng.com/black-panther-and-many-lessons-for-nigeria/

Re: Black Panther And Many Lessons For Nigeria by AntiWailer: 10:29am On Mar 06, 2018
lol.

Atiku is a Scammer.

iya iya yioooo grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo @ 81: How I Wish My Parents Were Alive / Dissociate Labour Party From The Meeting Of Obasanjo And 35 Political Parties / 2019: INEC To Publish Political Parties’ Manifestoes Read More At: Https://www.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.