Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Lagos Is Going Communist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is Going Communist (2645 Views)

#Asorockisempty: Nnamdi Kanu Exposes Chinese Communist Party In Aso Rock / COVID-19: Abba Kyari’s Whereabouts In Lagos Is Personal To Him – Tony Momoh / 'Buhari Is Going With Yahaya Bello' - Dino Melaye's New Song (video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Is Going Communist by danvon(m): 11:57am On Mar 07, 2018
We all know about the land use charge policy this is a law that takes away the right to own private property Landlords now have to pay rent on their own land this is one of the Planck's of communism. Here's a list of things I've seen ambode ban
Private transportation: Bus keke okada
Private waste management: kole kole
What next private schools private hospitals

Wake up !!! this is not human right this is Communism.... what shocks me is how ambode cast his spell so that the majority can't actually see the truth (atleast from the good comments I see on nairaland)

Something must be done against Ambode we have human rights in this world

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by danvon(m): 8:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
A man is poor he borrowed some money from a good friend to start a business he bought a tricycle (keke) he works his best to get his daily bread he has to compete with many others like him daily.....
All of a sudden the regime bans tricycle he transforms from a good upright citizen to a hardened criminal 'lasma' starts stopping him, harassing him and eventually he is arrested.

Crime- Rode a tricycle

His tricycle (which is now similar to a gun) is being confiscated as he's being released.

How can he survive? Steal? Beg?

How some people support the ban on okada, keke baffled me for quite a while, till I realized a fact

"If your not paying for the product you are the product"

Obviously most of the people have been blinded by the cheap transportation offered by Lagos they can't even try to understand what is the price they will have to pay they think cheap comes cheap

I'm not so sure if Yahweh exists or Allah made the world if we evolved then Nature is responsible for our humanity and if nature made us then Nature must have a purpose for us I'll substitute the word Nature for God

"Dear God,
Please I beg you deliver us from the clutches of Ambode Fashola and Tinubu (the evil Trinity).
More importantly free the minds of millions of lagosians who believe that Ambode gives a damn about them...Amen "

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by nototribalist: 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ambode is now showing off, Power is now getting into his head

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by deomelllo: 8:49pm On Mar 07, 2018
Do you even know the meaning of communism?

These ignorant Igbos sef.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 07, 2018
Go and read about communism please........Going by ur definition, united states is also a communist nation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 07, 2018
Op in America u pay things like property tax too even though it’s ur property. Me think u are just mad about the new Yoruba law

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by deomel1o: 9:14pm On Mar 07, 2018
Tinubus destruction of lagos is ongoing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by seunmsg(m): 9:43pm On Mar 07, 2018
danvon:
We all know about the land use charge policy this is a law that takes away the right to own private property Landlords now have to pay rent on their own land this is one of the Planck's of communism. Here's a list of things I've seen ambode ban
Private transportation: Bus keke okada
Private waste management: kole kole
What next private schools private hospitals

Wake up !!! this is not human right this is Communism.... what shocks me is how ambode cast his spell so that the majority can't actually see the truth (atleast from the good comments I see on nairaland)

Something must be done against Ambode we have human rights in this world

Under the land use act, all lands belongs to the state. Individuals can only lease land from the state usually for a period of 99 years. So, it is perfectly in order for the state to collect rent on land leased to individuals.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by ZombieTAMER: 9:48pm On Mar 07, 2018
deomelllo:
Do you even know the meaning of comunism?

Where did you see ipob in the write Up

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by deomelllo: 9:54pm On Mar 07, 2018
ZombieTAMER:

Where did you see ipob in the write Up

Is guilty conscience killing you because you are ipob.?

I don't even remember talking to you...

These Igbos sef..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by ZombieTAMER: 10:48pm On Mar 07, 2018
deomelllo:

Is guilty conscience killing you because you are ipob.?

I don't even remember talking to you...

These Igbos sef..

Ewu Gambia cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by ConAir(m): 11:05pm On Mar 07, 2018
To be sincere I don't believe it's communism, each state government has a different system of governing the state. As for those shouting ipob let me say this only Lagos is the southwest state been largely inhabited by IGBO, because it's a commercial hub.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by czarina(f): 11:12pm On Mar 07, 2018
Good

Check my signature if you live in Jos and environs
Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by deomelllo: 11:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
ZombieTAMER:

Ewu Gambia cheesy

What you saw every time you look in the mirror.

These Igbos sef

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by danvon(m): 8:07am On Mar 08, 2018
aktom007:
Go and read about communism please........Going by ur definition, united states is also a communist nation
You think they are above it there are many communist parties in United States https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Communist_parties_in_the_United_States US practice partial communism
Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by danvon(m): 8:08am On Mar 08, 2018
deomelllo:

I think Karl Marx made the definition very clear

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by Herdsmen: 8:32am On Mar 08, 2018
How many yorubas owe property in Lagos

How many don eat well to pay 400+ ground rent..

Time for afons to sell their remaining heritage

Is a welcome development

At least the price of their properties go reduce

Then you see homeless folks ijesha cave folks
Ogbomosho ikire ... come on line to shout Weldon ambo

Flaties go bac

While dem no get even kiosk for the Lagos

Tell you this online warriors na real village odes from the interior of oyo that have access to cheap data

Abi those houses for iju lkotun shaggy agege ojo dem go follow pay..

People wey still be corporate beggars for their own slum

How they wan take pay abi the thing na for some areas

Because this law eh...
Afons go sell grave join.... and me go buy..

More grease to Ambode. Our able tribalistic governor

Any style is much okay by us..
Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by simplex2: 8:36am On Mar 08, 2018
lol...I keep wondering what the praise singers of Ambode see in this govt that is making them proud of the governor.

He has exhibited high level incompetence yet nobody talks; like say na jaz him jaz them. Me, I don dey contact people for mowe-ibafo and Ifo axis incase my landlord increases our rent (which is inevitable, dude got like 480% increase in land use charge for the property so obviously, the bill is going to be transferred to we the tenants). So na to dey migrate to Ogun state na him sure pass.

Meanwhile, there are solid plans by Lagos govt to increase vehicle registration fee to N100k (from N30k). So inevitably, we will go to Ogun state to renew/register our vehicles if it finally materializes.

When 2019 reach, loud-mouths will start screaming Ambode or nothing.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by Herdsmen: 8:41am On Mar 08, 2018
deomelllo:

Oga where you dey live for Lagos

Your generation don pay tax before to Lagos state government

Youself dey pay tax

How much you dey earn and what do you do for a living

Ignorant human

Your brothers for idu shagay iju ikotun ojo ajegunle yaba
Na WHO wan help dem pay

All those houses wey never chop ... na to sell am
Abi dem go dey live and pay rent while dem be corporate beggars with hunger left right and center

You think say na Igbos you dey do

We like the law

Is time to buy up the lagoon

Afons must be retire back to southwest..
Back to cocoa and let the real humans handle rest..

Igbos and other ethnic group should see this as opportunity to buys up those houses wey dem go soon start to sell

Ambo we hail your wisdom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by Firstpage: 8:44am On Mar 08, 2018
Herdsmen:

One things is so certain

Your generation no get kiosk for Lagos

Otherwise you suppose to reason how to pay 400+ ground rent..

Na to envy and jealous

While you never dream to pay rent for the 'our lagos'

Foolish human everywhere

You need to leave your village first before talking about Lagos.

@OP you told me in the other thread that UK and US practice communism so what is bad in that?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by simplex2: 8:44am On Mar 08, 2018
seunmsg:

Under the land use act, all lands belongs to the state. Individuals can only lease land from the state usually for a period of 99 years. So, it is perfectly in order for the state to collect rent on land leased to individuals.

You guys are myopic. Nobody is challenging the collection of land use charge; what sensible people are saying is that a 400% increase from status quo is unacceptable! What will you do if your landlord increases your rent from N300k to N1.2mil per annum? You will cry and wail and gnash your teeth. You know nothing!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by Firstpage: 8:47am On Mar 08, 2018
simplex2:

You guys are myopic. Nobody is challenging the collection of land use charge; what sensible people are saying is that a 400% increase from status quo is unacceptable! What will you do if your landlord increases your rent from N300k to N1.2mil per annum? You will cry and wail and gnash your teeth. You know nothing!

But what the OP is saying is, because Lagos is collecting land use charge, it is now a communist state, not the amount it charges.
Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by oloripelebe2: 8:47am On Mar 08, 2018
Herdsmen:

One things is so certain

Your generation no get kiosk for Lagos

Otherwise you suppose to reason how to pay 400+ ground rent..

Na to envy and jealous

While you never dream to pay rent for the 'our lagos'

Foolish human everywhere

See this goat o.. Shey u don recite the National anthem this morning
The ground rent is no problem for me, enough dey.. .Lagos is not for osu destitutes grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by simplex2: 8:51am On Mar 08, 2018
Firstpage:

But what the OP is saying is, because Lagos is collecting land use charge, it is now a communist state, not the amount it charges.

That is his own grouse, mine is that the exponential increase is totally inhumane. A lot of properties in Lagos pay land use charge even up to date. Now you get an exponential increase which is totally uncalled for.

I don't owe property in Lagos but I know it will affect me because my landlord will most certainly transfer the bill to his tenants whether directly or indirectly.

Anyway., when we move to Ogun, we will notify our places of work of our new address and the tax will directly go to Ogun state. Shey you are aware that tax is paid on state of residence and not state of work place?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by Firstpage: 8:58am On Mar 08, 2018
simplex2:

That is his own grouse, mine is that the exponential increase is totally inhumane. A lot of properties in Lagos pay land use charge even up to date. Now you get an exponential increase which is totally uncalled for.

I don't owe property in Lagos but I know it will affect me because my landlord will most certainly transfer the bill to his tenants whether directly or indirectly.

Anyway., when we move to Ogun, we will notify our places of work of our new address and the tax will directly go to Ogun state. Shey you are aware that tax is paid on state of residence and not state of work place?

We are all against this and I believe the governor will rescind his decision. But what the op is saying about communist trash is what I don't understand.
Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by danvon(m): 9:10am On Mar 08, 2018
Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by Ovamboland(m): 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2018
danvon:
A man is poor he borrowed some money from a good friend to start a business he bought a tricycle (keke) he works his best to get his daily bread he has to compete with many others like him daily.....
All of a sudden the regime bans tricycle he transforms from a good upright citizen to a hardened criminal 'lasma' starts stopping him, harassing him and eventually he is arrested.

Crime- Rode a tricycle

His tricycle (which is now similar to a gun) is being confiscated as he's being released.

How can he survive? Steal? Beg?

How some people support the ban on okada, keke baffled me for quite a while, till I realized a fact

"If your not paying for the product you are the product"

Obviously most of the people have been blinded by the cheap transportation offered by Lagos they can't even try to understand what is the price they will have to pay they think cheap comes cheap

I'm not so sure if Yahweh exists or Allah made the world if we evolved then Nature is responsible for our humanity and if nature made us then Nature must have a purpose for us I'll substitute the word Nature for God

"Dear God,
Please I beg you deliver us from the clutches of Ambode Fashola and Tinubu (the evil Trinity).
More importantly free the minds of millions of lagosians who believe that Ambode gives a damn about them...Amen "

I see you prefer the regime of 8000+ orthopaedic patients mainly due to Okada accident to the less than 300 cases recorded after the ban. Lagos that I grew up in as at mid to late 1980's had no Okada and survived. We have survived since the restrictions and we will survive after the eventual scrapping
Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by danvon(m): 12:53pm On Mar 08, 2018
Ovamboland:

I see you prefer the regime of 8000+ orthopaedic patients mainly due to Okada accident to the less than 300 cases recorded after the ban. Lagos that I grew up in as at mid to late 1980's had no Okada and survived. We have survived since the restrictions and we will survive after the eventual scrapping
Yes because this is the 1980s we still practice military rule, like Okada is the only thing Ambode banned

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by danvon(m): 12:56pm On Mar 08, 2018
Ambode made Anthem Yoruba everyone shinning teeth grin Chanting "Lagos is a Yoruba land"

If I may ask,

How can Lagos be a Yoruba land if every Yoruba man living there pays rent?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Going Communist by Marcelo290(m): 2:32pm On Mar 08, 2018
deomelllo:

Communism is in clear terms, Government dominance over the means of production and distribution, from the analogy the OP gave in his post, can't you see the correlation?

That you are outspoken on NL doesn't make you smart or intelligent, many have been swallowing your stupidity for long now. Everyone and everything is about Ipob, We all know you aren't smart enough but can't you just coin up something and try replying to the subject of discourse?? Nawa o...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi KANU Is Turning Biafra To A Joke With This Buahri Cloned Issue - Photo / Sue/Stop Nnamdi Kanu NOW! / [video] Eastern Security Network Seen Patrolling Biafrans Farmlands {video}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.