Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU (7723 Views)

NUC: Universities To Re-open On 18 January 2021 / NANS Gives Akeredolu 24 Hours Ultimatum To Revise School Fees / NANS Gives FG 7 Days Ultimatum To Call Off Strike, Plans National Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU by owomida1: 8:42am On Mar 08, 2018
hush15:

I think this is an unfair comment to Fayose. He has being a good opposition to the incumbent. He is a grassroot man and has been very transparent in governance

Eksu case is perculiar one. While it may be harsh, brute force and confrontation is not the solution. Its all about negotiations. All governments use their instruments to increase revenue to meet up public needs. And if you think ekiti is bad, come to lagos or osun state. Dialogue is the way to go everythin about students in this country is all about being adamant and violent.

Let student unions under the auspices of NANS and its leadership speak passionately to the govenor and am sure they will reach a compromise. Not throwing everything into the ring of voilence all the time

Modified..... i am also a part time student of that school and am sure its not as bad as it is. If they think its bad, they should cone to LASU

You should read about him intoto. As much as you have made quality sense, he remains a rude, autocratic gov. He cares less about how the students feel in as much he remains the gov.

1 Like

Re: NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU by Ojetayo17(m): 8:43am On Mar 08, 2018
Orisirisi ni ao ma ri
since how many month you have been on strike now. May the governor want to make a record like Ajumobi.
Re: NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU by bishop1988(m): 9:09am On Mar 08, 2018
Believe everything you read here on nairaland at your own peril...NANS is another political party in naija. Face the fact. They work for those who pays the heavier amount. Where were they back then in the days wen things were as bad this? Good riddance to bad rubbish. Empty threats up and down. Moreso, the governor shud do the needful please.
Re: NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU by hush15: 9:11am On Mar 08, 2018
owomida1:

You should read about him intoto. As much as you have made quality sense, he remains a rude, autocratic gov. He cares less about how the students feel in as much he remains the gov.

As a person he has his fault and he being rude and sounding autocratic, careless and all that, firstly and without insults intended to the larger ekiti people, he is just being an ekiti man. Sorry o ekiti people but na so.

Neway, we seen many like him. Aregbe is there. Ajimobi is not left out and many like him, you cant take away that from them and it is not right which i agree with you but thats people in power for you. Such are dealt with wisdom to get results and results is what they need and not show of power.

Am sure Fayose will bend as long as it is not confrontational. An ekiti man is passionate about education o, infact they take it too seriously. They may not give you anything else but education, they will. He has his reason and EKSU is a good institution and its one of the states major revenue source to be honest and we all know what Ekiti monthly revenue is like apart from what cones from federal adthe states has expenses.

Student must learn to be diplomatic. You will be surprised that EKSU offers a course in Peace and Conflict Management and that should be the way to go. With much persuasion and negotiations, am sure a compromise will be reached.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU by Hahjascho(m): 9:24am On Mar 08, 2018
KINDLY TAKE THIS TO FRONT PAGE OO
Re: NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU by hush15: 9:39am On Mar 08, 2018
Rolings:

Are you making excuse for his failure......he always come accross as if his state is 100% alright and its only federal government that can't handle situations right. His perceived 'opposition' rants is nothing but noise. As far as he still owes salary he has no moral right to criticize federal government.

Am not making an excuse for him and if we look at it from another angle, projecting his state to be alright than going about embarassing the country as a whole as is done by some other people we know, hehehe....

Honestly, am not holding up for him. Am only saying its not everytime things doesnt go right implies it is wrong. Everything isnt about violence and strikes. Each parties must be understood and compromise must be reached. Ekiti is probably a civil servant state. Government caters for everything. Unlike lagos, very limited revenue sources at the moment and at the moment, that university is one of the huge revenue for Ekiti government. They have centers spread across the western regions of which am also part of and they need to meey financial obligations. You just mentioned salaries. How will they meet without boosting revenue.

Even lagos thats makes so much just is killing us here. Toll charges rises to N400 or N250 which is ridiculous for infastructures that can be ordinarily be provided for without any charge. Do you have any idea how much it is to get a drivers licence in lagos now or to renew vehicle particulars or even apply for a new one? Do you know what people for Land Use charge in recent times just because itesiwaju eko lo je won logun and still spending such monies anyhow. My friend, if you think ekiti is bad, some many other places are not smiling either. Even governments are feeling these buhari change era and are not smiling.

So the long and short of this is that it is not about a strike issue or violence issue nor confrontations. Whatever the case is, irrsspective of his behavioural patterns, negotiations is best at this moment and if The President can negotiate with Terrorist, i dont think EKSU should be so hard. It must be a win win situation for everybody cos one must give in for progress to me made.
Re: NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU by seguno2: 10:24am On Mar 08, 2018
Rolings:
Has Lautech not been reopened?
people just come to faceless forums online to open their stinking mouths

Someone who can’t answer a simple question is calling others stinking mouths. Wonders shall never end shocked
Re: NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU by Criticize001(m): 11:32am On Mar 08, 2018
I see NANS as a toothless chained dog that barks at it's owner
Re: NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU by BoboKush(m): 11:58am On Mar 08, 2018
mitchelljnr:
Until NANS can do something about uniport situation they should keep shut. They are now playing politics too.

Moderators FP please

Wetin do uniport
Re: NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU by Lumig: 12:08pm On Mar 08, 2018
Rolings:

Are you making excuse for his failure......he always come accross as if his state is 100% alright and its only federal government that can't handle situations right. His perceived 'opposition' rants is nothing but noise. As far as he still owes salary he has no moral right to criticize federal government.
... That's it!
Re: NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU by mitchelljnr(m): 9:05pm On Mar 08, 2018
BoboKush:

Wetin do uniport

which part of Nigeria are you?
Re: NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU by colourSd: 9:50pm On Mar 08, 2018
hush15:

I think this is an unfair comment to Fayose. He has being a good opposition to the incumbent. He is a grassroot man and has been very transparent in governance

Eksu case is perculiar one. While it may be harsh, brute force and confrontation is not the solution. Its all about negotiations. All governments use their instruments to increase revenue to meet up public needs. And if you think ekiti is bad, come to lagos or osun state. Dialogue is the way to go everythin about students in this country is all about being adamant and violent.

Let student unions under the auspices of NANS and its leadership speak passionately to the govenor and am sure they will reach a compromise. Not throwing everything into the ring of voilence all the time

Modified..... i am also a part time student of that school and am sure its not as bad as it is. If they think its bad, they should cone to LASU

Am a student of LASU, our sch fees is just 25k, and Gov Ambode always paid 500 million to d sch. so always be sure of information bro. we are Lasu, we are proud.
Re: NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU by hush15: 10:44pm On Mar 08, 2018
colourSd:

Am a student of LASU, our sch fees is just 25k, and Gov Ambode always paid 500 million to d sch. so always be sure of information bro. we are Lasu, we are proud.

Was it not after so much delibration and negotiations they reverted to back? Where were you during the long strikes and chaos then? That means you are in year 2 or just entered year 3 and you have no idea about LASU....

I finished from that school in 2002 and unlike now, we still even consider it expensive.
Re: NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU by BoboKush(m): 6:05am On Mar 09, 2018
mitchelljnr:

which part of Nigeria are you?

Lagos
Re: NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU by mitchelljnr(m): 8:41am On Mar 09, 2018
BoboKush:

Lagos

So you've not heard students are repeating a session coz they didn't payschool fees, some even two sessions, while some for paying late they'll have to pay again and still repeat. What has NANS done about that?
Mr "wetin do uniport"
Re: NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU by BoboKush(m): 1:04pm On Mar 09, 2018
mitchelljnr:

So you've not heard students are repeating a session coz they didn't payschool fees, some even two sessions, while some for paying late they'll have to pay again and still repeat. What has NANS done about that?
Mr "wetin do uniport"

Actually I'm a student of uniport I just want to hear u talk.... Lol
Re: NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU by mitchelljnr(m): 2:53pm On Mar 09, 2018
BoboKush:

Actually I'm a student of uniport I just want to hear u talk.... Lol
mtcheew see your head

(1) (2) (Reply)

Admission Into Universities In The United States Without Writing Gre For Msc / Why Is Critical Thinking And Common Sense Elusive To Most 'Educated' Nigerians? / University Of Nigeria Nsukka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.