Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng (867 Views)

Nwodo: We Will Join Kanu To Fight For Biafra If SE Doesnt Get Presidency In 2023 / By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic / SGF Boss Mustapha To Igbos: Endorse Buhari Now, Get Presidency In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 08, 2018
The five states in the South-east geo-political zone voted massively in support of candidate of the PDP in the 2015 presidential election, then President Goodluck Jonathan, against the incumbent and candidate of the ruling APC, Muhammadu Buhari. This narration may be different in 2019, as many leaders from the zone are drumming-up support for Buhari’s re-election bid. This according to them is a strategy to achieve the much anticipated Igbo Presidency by 2023, writes ADEBIYI ADEDAPO

A former president of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Dr Dozie Ikedife, recently advised Igbo politicians planning to contest the presidency in 2019 to perish the thought.

Ikedife’s advice came a few days after the National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Chief Ifeatu Obi-Okoye, declared that the he was considering the Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, as its presidential standard bearer in the 2019 general elections.

Ikedife, who spoke in his Nnewi home said the odds favoured the northern part of the country for the 2019 presidency.

“I won’t advise any Igbo to pick a form for the presidential race. It’s a waste to do so. APGA can go ahead and field any candidate from Igbo to vie for it. It has such an inalienable right to field anybody as its candidate in the election but I don’t know what makes them think that Obiano would win.”

The Igbo leader argued that it is after Buhari’s second term in office, that the South-east can start talking about presidency.

“The North has produced a president who has just done one term. But it is becoming a convention that any zone that produces a president does two terms. I don’t see why the APC should not want to go for two terms. When the North has had two terms following the convention, the presidency should come to the south, and south east, willy-nilly,” he said.

Ikedife’s logic in support of Igbo presidency is apt, since the South-west through former President Olusegun Obasanjo had spent eight years as president, coupled with the possibility that the zone would have also produced a vice-president for eight years if the Buhari/Osinbajo ticket wins again in 2019, and then, considering the South-south five years of former President Goodluck Jonathan. Therefore, the South-east narrative should be an easy sell when power returns to the South.[center][/center]

To this end, leaders of the All Progressives Congress, (APC) from the geo-political zone, penultimate week endorsed President Muhammadu Buhari for second tenure. But the leaders also told the president to reciprocate the gesture by supporting a president of Igbo extraction in 2023.

The party leaders reaffirmed the decision of the APC members in the zone in their meeting December last year to support Buhari’s second term bid.

National Vice Chairman of APC in the South-east, Emma Eneukwu who led other party stalwarts on a courtesy visit to the president, said that four years are not enough for the president to implement all his projects.

“It is our conviction that four years is not enough for you to complete this worthy journey hence the need for another four years to enable you make Nigeria truly great. We implore Mr President, as a just and fair-minded leader, to make history by supporting the zoning of the office of the President in our great party to the South East at the end of your second tenure in office as President in 2023,’’ Eneukwu said.

Source: https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/leadership.ng/2018/03/07/can-s-e-get-presidency-2023-supporting-pmb-second-term/amp/
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 08, 2018
The noble idea of Igbo Presidency 2023 is gaining traction outside Nairaland everyday. But the only way it can be realised is if Igbos and indeed other Nigerians make sure Buhari wins in 2019.

Let's do it!

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 08, 2018
Igbos are willing to wait for the North. 2019 belongs to the North.
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by dokyOloye: 7:16am On Mar 08, 2018
Yoruba and hausa/Fulani/Kanuri that have been sharing the presidency, how market for them?
Are they necessarily doing better than the Igbos?
What we need is full restructuring or something near it, so the Igbo man can realize his potential fully, cos Nigeria as presently constituted is faulty from the foundation and cannot be remedied without drastic changes.
For example, no matter what you do, CBN, Customs,Immigration, Nigerian army, Nigerian police and many others will always remain an establishment of northern muslims.
Just go to immigration headquarters on a Friday afternoon and see how the whole place gets empty once it is time for Friday prayers or how hausa language is more of the official language more than even English in d Nigerian army ,then you would understand what I'm saying.
This lopsided structure in the security agencies is what is haunting Benue,Plateau,Taraba ppl today where the hausa/Fulani/Kanuri dominated army and police are pretending to be helpless to their plight.
Or why do you think its a coincidence that its almost only abokki that sells dollars?
All these are because the have had their ppl firmly entrenched in all the systems during the long days of military rulership,so only restructuring or outright division will save the country and the Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by madridguy(m): 7:18am On Mar 08, 2018
Following....
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by storge: 7:21am On Mar 08, 2018
Dreams money can't buy
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 08, 2018
storge:
Dreams money can't buy
Dreams come true. Martin Luther King had a dream, and Obama was the fulfilment.
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by chuksjuve(m): 7:42am On Mar 08, 2018
No Igbo man can become the president..
They BOT of Nigeria Plc will never allow it..
The best bet they can get is VP slot..
Any Igbo gunning for presidency is just wasting his time and resource ..

To think that supporting buhari to achieve that is like devil telling you he will give you long life..

The best the Igbo is asking for is create a enabling business environment for his business to thrive and live peacefully ..

Enough said ...
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by bishopkay: 7:55am On Mar 08, 2018
The Igbos are backing up the wrong tree! I've wanted to write an article about their recently found love for buhari and their plan to arm twist Nigerians into voting them for president 2023. It's a huge joke! They are always late to the party.

There's a time for everything...if it's not yet time for the Igbos to lead Nigeria, there's nothing they can do about it. The seat at Aso Rock has rejected buhari! Then the very people who roundly rejected him in 2015 are trying to drum up support for this failed man simply because he is swinging the bait of 2023 presidency in their faces. Lol

Consider this and learn! If buhari could thrash Tinubu after all Tinubu did for him during the run up to the 2015 elections, what's the guarantee to the Igbos buhari would keep his word of supporting an Igbo presidential candidate in 2023 or are they still depending on his famed "intergrity"? What if buhari decides to support the south west? They'd go on another cry of Biafra and marginalization?

By the way, I'm sorry to say this my Igbo friends but the ones who are politically wise would know what I'm talking about. Even if everyone decides to bequet their presidential tickets to the Igbos, it's still them who would so work against themselves by never having a consensus candidate. They would tear at each other like crabs in a bucket until someone from another zone comes up to snatch victory from them after they have successfully split their votes and support base; and the worse is the disadvantaged ones would be glad since they had no chance of getting there, the other didn't make it too. I've seen this scenario play out many times... I know how they play their politics.

So my Igbo friends should please know power is taken not given. Supporting buhari so he can support you in 2023 is living in a fools paradise; it would never happen! The Igbos can't arm twist Nigerians to relinquish the 2023 presidency to them. They can only do so if they had sound candidates to present and if they stopped their crabs in a bucket politics.

Right now, they had better join the train to send Buhari #Back2Daura else there may not be a country to even clamour for the 2023 presidency if the man by mistake wins in 2019
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by storge: 8:19am On Mar 08, 2018
igbodefender:
Dreams come true. Martin Luther King had a dream, and Obama was the fulfilment.
How many generations after him.. 2023 is a specific time.... Mind you nobody gets anything unless from a position of strength. Good faith doesn't work in nigeria
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by tuniski: 8:22am On Mar 08, 2018
In a 100yrs they can't under APc!
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by Okoroawusa: 8:27am On Mar 08, 2018
dokyOloye:
Yoruba and hausa/Fulani/Kanuri that have been sharing the presidency, how market for them?
Are they necessarily doing better than the Igbos?
What we need is full restructuring or something near it, so the Igbo man can realize his potential fully, cos Nigeria as presently constituted is faulty from the foundation and cannot be remedied without drastic changes.
For example, no matter what you do, CBN, Customs,Immigration, Nigerian army, Nigerian police and many others will always remain an establishment of northern muslims.
Just go to immigration headquarters on a Friday afternoon and see how the whole place gets empty once it is time for Friday prayers or how hausa language is more of the official language more than even English in d Nigerian army ,then you would understand what I'm saying.
This lopsided structure in the security agencies is what is haunting Benue,Plateau,Taraba ppl today where the hausa/Fulani/Kanuri dominated army and police are pretending to be helpless to their plight.
Or why do you think its a coincidence that its almost only abokki that sells dollars?
All these are because the have had their ppl firmly entrenched in all the systems during the long days of military rulership,so only restructuring or outright division will save the country and the Igbo man.
Victim mentality

We r talking politics here, boy!
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by Rochas2023: 8:40am On Mar 08, 2018
Abn Okorocha will become the next president after Bihari
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by BrokenTV: 8:45am On Mar 08, 2018
igbodefender:
The noble idea of Igbo Presidency 2023 is gaining traction outside Nairaland everyday. But the only way it can be realised is if Igbos and indeed other Nigerians make sure Buhari wins in 2019.

Let's do it!

Lalasticlala
Your trashy talk only ends on Nairaland, go on the street in Igbo land and talk this nonsense, let me know if you will remain the same. All those guys are only doing this for their own selfish interest and not for the masses, they all belong to APC. Who in his right sense after watching what is going on will canvass for Buhari election. Igbos want good governance that will benefit the people irrespective of your tribe. Igbodefender you cannot even convince Igbos on this forum why Buhari is your messiah, is it on the street you will be able to achieve it.
Your mission here is dead before you even think of starting it.
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by dokyOloye: 8:46am On Mar 08, 2018
Okoroawusa:

Victim mentality

Is your head this empty?
If you can't come up wt a reasonable contribution,why not take a pass.
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by Okoroawusa: 8:57am On Mar 08, 2018
bishopkay:
The Igbos are backing up the wrong tree! I've wanted to write an article about their recently found love for buhari and their plan to arm twist Nigerians into voting them for president 2023. It's a huge joke! They are always late to the party.

There's a time for everything...if it's not yet time for the Igbos to lead Nigeria, there's nothing they can do about it. The seat at Aso Rock has rejected buhari! Then the very people who roundly rejected him in 2015 are trying to drum up support for this failed man simply because he is swinging the bait of 2023 presidency in their faces. Lol

Consider this and learn! If buhari could thrash Tinubu after all Tinubu did for him during the run up to the 2015 elections, what's the guarantee to the Igbos buhari would keep his word of supporting an Igbo presidential candidate in 2023 or are they still depending on his famed "intergrity"? What if buhari decides to support the south west? They'd go on another cry of Biafra and marginalization?

By the way, I'm sorry to say this my Igbo friends but the ones who are politically wise would know what I'm talking about. Even if everyone decides to bequet their presidential tickets to the Igbos, it's still them who would so work against themselves by never having a consensus candidate. They would tear at each other like crabs in a bucket until someone from another zone comes up to snatch victory from them after they have successfully split their votes and support base; and the worse is the disadvantaged ones would be glad since they had no chance of getting there, the other didn't make it too. I've seen this scenario play out many times... I know how they play their politics.

So my Igbo friends should please know power is taken not given. Supporting buhari so he can support you in 2023 is living in a fools paradise; it would never happen! The Igbos can't arm twist Nigerians to relinquish the 2023 presidency to them. They can only do so if they had sound candidates to present and if they stopped their crabs in a bucket politics.

Right now, they had better join the train to send Buhari #Back2Daura else there may not be a country to even clamour for the 2023 presidency if the man by mistake wins in 2019
There is no harm in trial

Igbos ve started the sensitization towards 2023 now

In politics you always come with a bargaining chip

Igbos made a grave mistake in 2015 and it is costing us dearly now.I hope we don't repeat that in 2019.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 08, 2018
Okoroawusa:

Victim mentality

grin
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by MonPro: 9:26am On Mar 08, 2018
bishopkay:

I am a proud Igbo man. Pls...Where are you from?
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by bishopkay: 1:36pm On Mar 08, 2018
MonPro:

I am a proud Igbo man. Pls...Where are you from?
Not that it matters in this discussion but I'm from Delta State.

Okoroawusa:

There is no harm in trial

Igbos ve started the sensitization towards 2023 now

In politics you always come with a bargaining chip

Igbos made a grave mistake in 2015 and it is costing us dearly now. I hope we don't repeat that in 2019.

Bro I know what you are talking about but say Buhari looses at the 2019 polls, what then happens to the Igbo presidential dreams? Do you know that would set them back again decades behind?

Now, while it's a bad thing to place all your eggs into one basket, it's even a worse thing to place all your eggs in a bad basket liable to spoil anytime (which buhari is)

Politics is about permutations and alliances not sentiments. Contrary to what you said and I quote "Igbos made a grave mistake in 2015 and it is costing us dearly now. I hope we don't repeat that in 2019" Igbos didn't make any mistake. They voted for whom they felt could do the job better and recent happenings in the country have vindicated them and anyone who towed that path.

No ones political destiny is tied to another! Y'all have to know that. Political promises are the worse things to ever hold as evidence; they never hold water!

They telling you people you made a mistake in 2015 is simply guilt tripping y'all so y'all can support them for the crumbs they offering. The north with all the power they've been opportune to handle, what's the percentage capita income there? What's the poverty rate there? Has it reduced the amount of poor people up there? You see it doesn't all boil down to the presidency!

Now answer the question I asked above; If buhari fails to keep his end of the bargain and in 2023 again the presidency eludes the Igbos, what then would y'all say?

The reason the south west seems cohesive politically is they know how to stand by themselves for a long time. They are the major pioneer of opposition politics in Nigeria but just see how buhari's cabal are trying to infiltrate and destroy your ranks just for a term being in the opposition! Think my friends think!
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 08, 2018
bishopkay:

Not that it matters in this discussion but I'm from Delta State.

Bro I know what you are talking about but say Buhari looses at the 2019 polls, what then happens to the Igbo presidential dreams? Do you know that would set them back again decades behind?

Now, while it's a bad thing to place all your eggs into one basket, it's even a worse thing to place all your eggs in a bad basket liable to spoil anytime (which buhari is)

Politics is about permutations and alliances not sentiments. Contrary to what you said and I quote "Igbos made a grave mistake in 2015 and it is costing us dearly now. I hope we don't repeat that in 2019" Igbos didn't make any mistake. They voted for whom they felt could do the job better and recent happenings in the country have vindicated them and anyone who towed that path.

No ones political destiny is tied to another! Y'all have to know that. Political promises are the worse things to ever hold as evidence; they never hold water!

They telling you people you made a mistake in 2015 is simply guilt tripping y'all so y'all can support them for the crumbs they offering. The north with all the power they've been opportune to handle, what's the percentage capita income there? What's the poverty rate there? Has it reduced the amount of poor people up there? You see it doesn't all boil down to the presidency!

Now answer the question I asked above; If buhari fails to keep his end of the bargain and in 2023 again the presidency eludes the Igbos, what then would y'all say?

The reason the south west seems cohesive politically is they know how to stand by themselves for a long time. They are the major pioneer of opposition politics in Nigeria but just see how buhari's cabal are trying to infiltrate and destroy your ranks just for a term being in the opposition! Think my friends think!

As if you care for the Igbos.
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by bishopkay: 2:25pm On Mar 08, 2018
igbodefender:

As if you care for the Igbos.

Hahaha... This joker! I live in Igbo land; Enugu precisely. So what affects the Igbo man affects me by proxy.

By your contribution here, either you are a kid, or you you are not Igbo but posing to be one; because a wise Igbo man would see reason in all I said.
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by omowolewa: 2:36pm On Mar 08, 2018
Power belongs to God
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 08, 2018
bishopkay:

Hahaha... This joker! I live in Igbo land; Enugu precisely. So what affects the Igbo man affects me by proxy.

By your contribution here, either you are a kid, or you you are not Igbo but posing to be one; because a wise Igbo man would see reason in all I said.

Anyone can claim to be living anywhere. Your emotional outburst to a matter which you claimed does not concern you speaks volumes about your motives.

Any discerning reader can tell your motives. You don't want Igbos to produce the president, kpom kwem. Stop pretending to be a friend of Ndigbo and go do something productive with your time.
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by bishopkay: 3:01pm On Mar 09, 2018
igbodefender:

Anyone can claim to be living anywhere. Your emotional outburst to a matter which you claimed does not concern you speaks volumes about your motives.

Any discerning reader can tell your motives. You don't want Igbos to produce the president, kpom kwem Stop pretending to be a friend of Ndigbo and go do something productive with your time.

Lol really? What do I stand to gain or loose at the bolded? Well I've said my unbiased piece... It's left for y'all to see reason or not but you people shouldn't go crying wolf when buhari thrashes you and your agreement!
As a matter of speaking even, it can't work. The only people singing the buhari support song are the greedy politicians and Ohanaeze not the common Igbo man on the streets...so good luck on your trip!
Re: Can S/E Get Presidency In 2023 By Supporting PMB For Second Term?- Leadership.ng by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 09, 2018
bishopkay:

Lol really? What do I stand to gain or loose at the bolded? Well I've said my unbiased piece... It's left for y'all to see reason or not but you people shouldn't go crying wolf when buhari thrashes you and your agreement!
As a matter of speaking even, it can't work. The only people singing the buhari support song are the greedy politicians and Ohanaeze not the common Igbo man on the streets...so good luck on your trip!

You 'care' to much about Igbos. You think your motives are coded, but they're transparent.

(1) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Reveals Those To Be Blamed For Buhari’s Comments On Youths / Imo Apc Ward Congress: Official Press Release From Imo Apc Pub. Sec. / Fayemi Plans To Create Cattle Colony In Ekiti State - FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.