Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife (1274 Views)

Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years / 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns / Egyptian Crisis Predicted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by dadde(m): 8:47am On Apr 29, 2010
I read with great astonishment that the former governor of Zamfara state has taken a 13yr old egyptian maiden for a wife. What is wrong with dis frek. Has Zamfara gone out of matured ladies.this man had earlier taken a 15yr old girl for a wife. Am not suprisd at all.he's only taken after mo'.
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by dexmond: 1:22am On May 13, 2010
[size=14pt]It is his prophet sunnah shocked[/size] Muhammed according to the quran is the perfect model(am still contesting it) for mankind, yet educated muslims are highly embarrassed by Yerimas action, I pity them because they are now in a dilemma, should I follow civility or should I continue with 6th century babaric practise? Olabowale and Muhsin, ehen and that my new friend, eh what is that his name o o o, chakula, you should all be preparing your 10 year old daughters that should be in school for marriage OK  grin. Am sure by now you guys must have completed the five pillars of Islam, you should not forget that when Mohammed was dying, he said Muslims should follow his sunnah and that of Abu bakr. So, all Muslims should withdraw their children from school and send them to go and marry and to VVF so as to please Anobi salawaliwasalat cheesy
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by Jaideyone(m): 3:27pm On May 17, 2010
^^^ well stated
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by nopuqeater: 6:26pm On May 17, 2010
@dexmond: « #1 on: May 13, 2010, 01:22 AM »
It is his prophet sunnah Muhammed according to the quran is the perfect model(am still contesting it) for mankind,[//quote]As it is in real world, there is no worldwide acceptad age for puberty, or age of maturity. The Children of Israel, your lords, slate their maturity age, ready or not to be 13 years. They mark it by Barmitva celebration rituals. If you dont know, go ask somebody who knows, or read Jewish religious books. Mary, the mother of your god was no more than between 12 and 14, at the time she got impregnated by the hoy ghost for god the father. it will behoove all if Mary were to be mestruating for many years till she was in her 20s, remained unmarried and still a virgin, and expect us that the society was not talking about it. dexmond, you are no Bishop Tutu.

yet educated muslims are highly embarrassed by Yerimas action, I pity them because they are now in a dilemma, should I follow civility or should I continue with 6th century babaric practise?
nigeria or any so called Islamic country is not an "ideal Islamic country". i am not ashamed of the life of my beloved prophet. 6th century was not the worst times in human history; many other periods are because there are less relative good in them when compared to the cumulative advancement gotten from the period of Prophet Muhammad (as). I am responsible for my action and the governor is responsible for his.

Olabowale and Muhsin, ehen and that my new friend, eh what is that his name o o o, chakula, you should all be preparing your 10 year old daughters that should be in school for marriage OK.
reading your entry is a heartache. Is every none muslim women a Ph. D holder? Are there no Ph D women in Islam? Everything is a case by case basis, and as good as Islam is, there are bad eggs among us. We have alcoholics, though consumpton of alcohol is forbidde, We even have muslims who eat pork, an unattractive if not filthy animal.

Am sure by now you guys must have completed the five pillars of Islam, you should not forget that when Mohammed was dying, he said Muslims should follow his sunnah and that of Abu bakr.
Considering that Abu Bakr married no woman who was under 25 years or so, we do have wealth of examples to choose from. What the non muslims have not proven is that Muhammad (AS) in any of his marriages broke the rules of marriage given to him by Allah. Aisha (ra) participated in her marriage process and ceremony, and she was against marrying the beloved of Allah, all the Angels and true believers.

So, all Muslims should withdraw their children from school and send them to go and marry and to VVF so as to please Anobi salawaliwasalat
Allah says "Iqra" (Proclaim, Recite, Read) and Muhammad (AS) says "seek knowledge even if you have to go to China for it", considering the effort it will take to do that from Madina, through the desert to China. Knowledge, education is not the exclusive property of non muslims. Look around the world; the nations of Islam have women doctors, lawyers, educators, bankers, engineers, etc.
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 18, 2010
@ nopuqeater wellcome . Long time no here.

Honestly i would like to know if u can allow ur daughter to get married at the age of 12 to 15
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by muhsin(m): 3:11pm On May 18, 2010
Please read this: (you'll, God's willing, get that Yarima marriage saga clear). Happy reading.

YARIMA'S ABUSE OF RELIGION
Written by Mahmud Haruna
NDAJIKA@YAHOO.COM

Roughly 10 years after he pioneered the contentious Sharia criminal law as governor of Zamfara State, Senator Ahmed Sani, Yariman Bakura, is back in the headline news. This time he has provoked controversy by his recent marriage to an allegedly under aged Egyptian girl in Abuja. And as was the case last time the controversy has, so far at least, generated more heat than light.

On the one hand, the vast majority of newspaper pundits, human rights organizations and not a few of his legislative colleagues, many, if not all, of them sworn enemies of his “political Sharia,” have charged him with cradle snatching and called him all manner of names. Yarima, many of them have said, should be sacked from the Senate at the least. Better still, some have said, he should be prosecuted for violating Section 21 of the Child Rights Act of 2003 which provides for up to five years jail for anyone found guilty of violating the law.

On the other hand, many an imam who made the issue the subject of their khutbah in mosques last Friday in Kaduna and elsewhere during the Juma’a prayers, have rallied behind the senator. They all seemed to agree with his counter-charge that his critics have merely been hiding behind his so-called cradle snatching to ridicule Islam. After all, he said, he has not violated any of Allah’s injunctions on wedlock nor has he violated any of the traditions of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) on the same subject.

In his interview in the Daily Trust of April 29, for example, the senator said in effect he did not care to be judged by Nigeria’s Constitution and laws that he once swore as governor, and now as senator, to uphold. “Whatever the Qur’an and the hadith of the Holy Prophet authorizes,” he said, “I try my best to live up to it. Whatever they forbid I try my best not to do it. These are the guiding rules of my life. So if anyone decides to judge me according to rules other than those prescribed by Allah and the Holy Prophet, then he is wasting his time, because they are not my guiding principles.”

The senator said pretty much the same thing in his widely quoted interview with the BBC Hausa Service mid last week.

Technically the senator and his supporters are right that he has not violated any Islamic injunctions in marrying a girl-child. He has denied that she is 13, as has been widely claimed, but he would not say how old. Press enquiries about her age at the Egyptian Embassy in Abuja have drawn a blank. Even then it is almost certain that she is below the so-called age of consent – 18.

The Qur’an has a long list of what women a man can marry and what women he can’t. The list does not include girls under 18. Indeed Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) married Ai’sha at the age of seven, some say six, and consummated the marriage at nine.

If this sounds scandalous in this day and age it is because we have come to believe that women mature only at 18. Nothing can be more fallacious. The almost universal choice of 18 as the age of consent has little or no scientific basis. Eighteen may be the age the bone structure of a girl is assumed to be fully developed to withstand the rigours of childbirth but in Islam, as in most other beliefs and cultures, a girl is considered mature both physically and psychologically when she starts to menstruate. Most do so well below 18. And many can, and do, bear children safely at well below that age.

Eighteen as the age of consent is essentially a Western concept. Yet as last week’s London Economist (April 24) pointed out in an article on British education, four in every 100 British girls under 18 get pregnant every year. For all we know the figure for Nigeria is worse. Yet it is a safe bet that Yarima’s critics who take their cues on ethics mostly from the West see nothing wrong with such a phenomenon. If they do the fact is that they have never raised as much hell about under age sex, even that outside wedlock, as they have since Yarima’s wedding to his Egyptian girl-child.

Therefore Yarima and his supporters do have a point when they accuse at least some of his critics of hypocrisy.

This, however, is as far as I would go in defence of the senator. Technically he may not have breached any Islamic injunction in marrying a girl-child, but the issue here is not merely technical. It is also moral in at least two aspects.

First, the context of the marriage. It seems certain that he divorced one of his four wives so as to marry the Egyptian and still keep within the limit of four allowed by Islam. The poor local child was reportedly in form two in a secondary school when he married her and kept her out of school. She had a child for him at the time he divorced her. Islam, unlike, say, Catholicism, condones divorce as a last resort but unequivocally forbids it just to marry another woman or just for the hell of it, which amounts more or less to the same thing.

In this sense Yarima’s controversial marriage was as dubious technically as it was immoral.

Second, there is the apparent immorality of the cost of the wedding. In Islam, my malam friends say, there is a minimum bride price but there is no ceiling. When, according to one of them, Umar, one of the first four successors of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), tried at one time to fix a modest ceiling for bride price because he thought its size was making it difficult, if not impossible, for men to marry, he was successfully challenged by a woman who reminded him the prophet never set any ceiling.

Technically speaking, therefore, Yarima did no wrong by paying 100,000.00 dollars or roughly 15,000,000.00 Naira as bride price. Here again, however, the devil is in the context.

Islam unequivocally condemns and forbids profligacy and enjoins modesty and restrain in whatever a Muslim does or says, especially when, like Yarima, he is a leader or considers himself a role model.

Paying a bride price of 15,000,000.00 Naira in a country where the vast majority is said to live on less than a dollar a day is certainly worse than profligate. It borders on the criminal. And that was not the only cost. Because Egypt, even though a Muslim country, forbids marriage of any girl below 18, Yarima reportedly imported at least 30 of the girl’s relations into Abuja for the wedding. That must have cost another, possibly bigger, bundle.

Whatever the imams and Yarima’s supporters may say, his controversial marriage to a girl-child, not for the first time, is essentially an abuse of religion for personal pleasure. It is hard, if not impossible, to defend completely.

1 Like

Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by chakula: 5:32pm On May 18, 2010
toba:

Honestly i would like to know if u can allow your daughter to get married at the age of 12 to 15

lol
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by Jaideyone(m): 6:39pm On May 18, 2010
That man is a pervert. . . Just like mohammed himself. Why on earth would one pot bellied old man want to get married to a 13yr old if not because he's mentally derailled?
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 18, 2010
QUESTIONS
Did Yerima  brought the Egyptian family of the bride into nigeria with the correct visa (or as tourists)?
Did bride stay in Nigeria valid in accordance with our sovereignity?
Did Yerima above the law, after he consented to the legislation of the republic by contesting to be a lawmaker in the Senate?
Did Yerima action border as moderate (as opposed to extravagance) in the manner of the dowry, as a muslim stateman within the purview of a former Gorvenor of an impoverish state and a former CBN civil servant?
Did Yerima shows maturity and compassion in the manner of his earlier marriage to a bride under the same age bracket, only to divorce her 2 years later?

SPECULATION
I doubt if any of the answers is a YES.
I doubt if the AGF, Senate & The state/judiciary who institute a lawsuit against him in the court of law
I doubt if his rant about his religion permisibility is not just  for sentimental & manipulative purpose

REALITY
It's unfortunate that our irresponsible politicians are going to play the nation up once again. Yerima's act is as pathetic as it could get. If not, how can a man who believed so much in the legislative system to have contested to be made a law maker, turn around and say he will not abide by the laws therein made?

His actions borders on hypocrisy and manipulation. For wilfully violating the constitution of the republic, the Judiciary, AGF & Senate should take legal action against him and let the rule of law /justice takes its course.

In this case, any religious-based excuse is not tenable, for he consented to the law and have never challenged it in the court of law.
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by Jaideyone(m): 8:14am On May 19, 2010
^^^ well stated.
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by muhsin(m): 5:37pm On May 19, 2010
Has anyone of you read the above article?
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by nopuqeater: 11:41am On May 20, 2010
@toba: « #4 on: May 18, 2010, 01:39 PM »

Honestly i would like to know if u can allow your daughter to get married at the age of 12 to 15
if my daughter exhibits a heightened quality of maturity and eagerness to have sex, yes.

it is better for her to be married than be the girl that every boy her age and older are having their ways with. in nigeria, we have seen and heard high school girls having babies in school, say ages 11 and above. obviously your stated 12 is older than 11.

you had stated that you live in england; there is no shortage of examples of young girls, say 11 years old white girls and or others including the "irekes" having sex and becoming underaged mothers. in america, it is a common knowledge; the freakiest are whites, spanish, blacks, and others, wealthy or poor in urban or suurbia.

just yeserday, ghanaweb had a story of an underage, say 11 years old househelp in asaba sleeping with a ghanaian movie director named jay or something like that. the househelp is christian, so is the director. which is better, sleeping with her without commitment or marrying her first and sleep with her?
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by Jaideyone(m): 3:25pm On May 23, 2010
^^^stick to your policies. If you find out your 13yr old daughter has a bf then give her out in marriage immediately. Don't let her finish school.
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 23, 2010
AIRDIG:

QUESTIONS
Did Yerima  brought the Egyptian family of the bride into nigeria with the correct visa (or as tourists)?
Did bride stay in Nigeria valid in accordance with our sovereignity?
Did Yerima above the law, after he consented to the legislation of the republic by contesting to be a lawmaker in the Senate?
Did Yerima action border as moderate (as opposed to extravagance) in the manner of the dowry, as a muslim stateman within the purview of a former Gorvenor of an impoverish state and a former CBN civil servant?
Did Yerima shows maturity and compassion in the manner of his earlier marriage to a bride under the same age bracket, only to divorce her 2 years later?

SPECULATION
I doubt if any of the answers is a YES.
I doubt if the AGF, Senate & The state/judiciary who institute a lawsuit against him in the court of law
I doubt if his rant about his religion permisibility is not just  for sentimental & manipulative purpose

REALITY
It's unfortunate that our irresponsible politicians are going to play the nation up once again. Yerima's act is as pathetic as it could get. If not, how can a man who believed so much in the legislative system to have contested to be made a law maker, turn around and say he will not abide by the laws therein made?

His actions borders on hypocrisy and manipulation. For wilfully violating the constitution of the republic, the Judiciary, AGF & Senate should take legal action against him and let the rule of law /justice takes its course.

In this case, any religious-based excuse is not tenable, for he consented to the law and have never challenged it in the court of law.

Despite my position above. I, however will not follow the rant of groupthinker to castigate the person of Mohammed as a paedophile for what is legally/cultural acceptable in his community in that age.

As a matter of fact, such label only served as a my-religion-is-better-than-yours argument cheap win. But nevertheless historically misconnoted.

By labelling someone who follow the order of the those days paedophile, one is indirectly labelling his/her ancestor as paedophile & by extension his/her line product of paedophilic line.

See the exposition below.
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 23, 2010
In the Medieval Times, with parental permission it was legal for boys to marry at 14 and girls at 12.
A betrothal often took place when the prospective bride and groom were as young as 7 years old and in the case of higher nobility many were betrothed as babies. But a marriage was only legal once the marriage had been consummated.
(According to the book Marriage in Medieval Times By Rachelle Carter)
http://www.middle-ages.org.uk/noble-women-in-the-middle-ages.htm

Until perhaps the 1200s it was common to marry earlier than now. For example, age 12 (and even younger) was quite common for girls. Nowadays, it would be assumed that they should be at high school or college at that age.

For girls in particular the age of marriage was much closer than now to the onset of fertility. In the 1600s the minimum legal age for marriage in England was 12. Parliament raised the minimum age for marriage (and the age of consent) to 16 in 1885
The above is just 200 years ago. Now compare it to the reality of 1200 years earlier! (with reference to 1885)

The age of consent in one of the American States was just 7 years, just 120 years ago! But the Western people did not know that and just criticized Islam and Muslims for the marriage of the Mohammed and Aisha more than 1400 years ago.

Traditionally, the age at which individuals could come together in a sexual union was something either for the family to decide or a matter of tribal custom. Probably in most cases this coincided with the onset of MENARCHE in girls and the appearance of pubic hair in boys, that is, between 12 and 14, but the boundaries remained fluid.

[b]In the Semitic tradition,[/b] betrothal could take place earlier than PUBERTY, perhaps as early as 7-9 years, but the marriage was not supposed to be consummated until the girl menstruated and was of age. This is analogous to what is obtainable in most part of Africa

[b]In medieval Europe[/b], Gratian, the influential founder of Canon law in the twelfth century, accepted the traditional age of puberty for marriage (between 12 and 14) but he also said consent was "meaningful" if the children were older than seven. Some authorities said consent could take place earlier. It was this policy which was carried over into English common law. Similarly Gratian's ideas about age became part of European civil law.
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by Nobody: 10:02am On May 29, 2010
Jaidey-one:

That man is a pervert. . . Just like mohammed himself. Why on earth would one pot bellied old man want to get married to a 13yr old if not because he's mentally derailled?
u are d one whois mentally and technically deranged.how on earth do u talk ill of d Noble prophet MUHAMMED(SAW) Infact, GOD knows wat to do to people lyk u who insult his messangers.BEWARE OF GOD WRATH !!!
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by nopuqeater: 1:29pm On May 29, 2010
@Jadey one: Alhamdulillah. Allah knows my heart; my strength and my weaknesses. Even my sisters who are older and grandmothers themselves, i still say in my heart that their spouses are not not good enough for them.

by the way, Allah blesses me with only boys. I will be a worrisome father hurrying to his graave if i have a daughter. So am grateful that I have boys. I will keep to my opinion if i ever have a boy crazy freak for a daughter. Instead of being the door mat for boys like you, if she wants to get married so that she can have sex, and there is a man crazy enough to appreciate her, which is what marriage is, she will be sent off from my hands sooner than you can make a lickiddy split.

I will not let boys like you be abusing her at the back of the house in blind spot areas. No way no how, no jose. I am a realist.
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by MUNEER2(m): 1:41pm On Jun 05, 2010
I'm not in support of this!
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by dexmond: 8:55am On Jun 27, 2010
@MUNEER2

I'm not in support of this!

You need to evaluate Islam as a whole. How could your religion ask you to wipe out every other person that is not of your faith? Don't you think that is what is responsible for most of the violence all over the world today? Islam was designed to keep people from the one true way-CHRIST. May God show you the truth.
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by gists: 11:28am On Jun 30, 2010
PROVEN FACT: MARY HAD JESUS WHEN SHE WAS 13!! I hope this will calm some nerves. Will anybody dare call GOD a paed. . . ?  undecided
Bottomline: At that time (over 2000years ago) it was perfectly normal. But now, well will you marry off your 13year girls?
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by gists: 11:39am On Jun 30, 2010
dexmond:

@MUNEER2

You need to evaluate Islam as a whole. How could your religion ask you to wipe out every other person that is not of your faith? Don't you think that is what is responsible for most of the violence all over the world today? Islam was designed to keep people from the one true way-CHRIST. May God show you the truth.

I think you also need to revaluate your thinking. Can you explain why there are still chritians (whose linage have been christians from time immemorial) in many islamic nations today. If Islam was, in your thinking, asking muslims to wipe out every other person that is not a muslim, how come there are such christians in those muslims nations today. They should have been wiped out many centuries ago when Islam started spreading.
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by dexmond: 10:06pm On Jul 01, 2010
PROVEN FACT: MARY HAD JESUS WHEN SHE WAS 13!! I hope this will calm some nerves. Will anybody dare call GOD a paed. . . ?  Undecided
Bottomline: At that time (over 2000years ago) it was perfectly normal. But now, well will you marry off your 13year girls?

Mary's age when she had Jesus was never mentioned in any christian manuscript, may be it's in those books written by Islamic scholars.

I think you also need to revaluate your thinking. Can you explain why there are still chritians (whose linage have been christians from time immemorial)  in many islamic nations today. If Islam was, in your thinking, asking muslims to wipe out every other person that is not a muslim, how come there are such christians in those muslims nations today. They should have been wiped out many centuries ago when Islam started spreading.

Muslims justification for killing is derived from  this scripture.

Qur'an 9:29

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah. That is their saying with their mouths. They imitate the saying of those who disbelieved of old. Allah (Himself) fighteth against them. How perverse are they!

They have taken as lords beside Allah their rabbis and their monks and the Messiah son of Mary, when they were bidden to worship only One Allah. There is no Allah save Him. Be He Glorified from all that they ascribe as partner (unto Him)!

Fain would they put out the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah disdaineth (aught) save that He shall perfect His light, however much the disbelievers are averse.

He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the Religion of Truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all religion, however much the idolaters may be averse.

O ye who believe! Lo! many of the (Jewish) rabbis and the (Christian) monks devour the wealth of mankind wantonly and debar (men) from the way of Allah. They who hoard up gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah, unto them give tidings (O Muhammad) of a painful doom,

On the day when it will (all) be heated in the fire of hell, and their foreheads and their flanks and their backs will be branded therewith (and it will be said unto them): Here is that which ye hoarded for yourselves. Now taste of what ye used to hoard.

So who is ignorant now? You don't know your religion!
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by reindeer: 9:23am On Jul 04, 2010
dexmond:

Mary's age when she had Jesus was never mentioned in any christian manuscript, may be it's in those books written by Islamic scholars.

Muslims justification for killing is derived from this scripture.

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah. That is their saying with their mouths. They imitate the saying of those who disbelieved of old. Allah (Himself) fighteth against them. How perverse are they!

They have taken as lords beside Allah their rabbis and their monks and the Messiah son of Mary, when they were bidden to worship only One Allah. There is no Allah save Him. Be He Glorified from all that they ascribe as partner (unto Him)!

Fain would they put out the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah disdaineth (aught) save that He shall perfect His light, however much the disbelievers are averse.

He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the Religion of Truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all religion, however much the idolaters may be averse.

O ye who believe! Lo! many of the (Jewish) rabbis and the (Christian) monks devour the wealth of mankind wantonly and debar (men) from the way of Allah. They who hoard up gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah, unto them give tidings (O Muhammad) of a painful doom,

On the day when it will (all) be heated in the fire of hell, and their foreheads and their flanks and their backs will be branded therewith (and it will be said unto them): Here is that which ye hoarded for yourselves. Now taste of what ye used to hoard.

So who is[size=8pt][size=8pt] ignorance[/size][/size] now? You don't know your religion!

abeg do some small proof reading. grin grin grin
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by dexmond: 4:33pm On Jul 04, 2010
Tnx Re-indeer

Proof read and corrected.
Re: Yerimah An D 13yrs Egyptian Wife by gists: 10:53am On Jul 05, 2010
dexmond:

First of all that statement was not directed at you or anybody in particular. It was a general general statement to calm some nagging nerves. So if you want to respond to it, please do so when you have your fact and don't put words in my mouth (post as it were). I didn't say the fact came from Islamic scholars. The internet and google are your friend.
Hint: Catholic Encyclopedia  cool

NOW I WANT TO QUOTE YOUR WORDS
dexmond:

grin grin grin

dexmond:

Muslims justification for killing is derived from  this scripture.

You have not answered my question. I didn't ask you about justification or where the alleged killing orders came from. I've dealth with this topic in the past and I'm not going into it again (at least not on nairaland). I just asked a very simple question:

gists:

Can you explain why there are still christians (whose linage have been christians from time immemorial) in many islamic nations today. If Islam was, in your thinking, asking muslims to wipe out every other person that is not a muslim, how come there are such christians in those muslims nations today. They should have been wiped out many centuries ago when Islam started spreading.

I want to learn from anybody of any faith as long as s/he is reasonable/knowledgable and logical.

N.B: IT TOOOOO EAASSSSY TO QUOTE ANY TEXT FROM ANY BOOK (RELIGIOUS OR OTHERWISE) OUT OF CONTEXT. TRY NOT TO JUST ZOOM TO 1 OR 2 VERSES ON ANY RELIGIOUS BOOK. TRY READ FROM PREFERABLY VERSE 1 OR AT LEAST A COUPLE OF VERSES BEFORE AND AFTER THE VERSE YOU THINK IS THE "SMOKING GUN"

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Girls Face Jail For Dancing Maroon 5 To Islamic Prayer / The Book Of Jihad By Ibn Nuhass / Please Where Can I Sew Hijab In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.