Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,105 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns (3530 Views)

Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years / Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG / Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by LagosShia: 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2012

The group's message on Facebook.

A Salafi group called the "Popular Egyptian Islamic Association" has warned Muslims against eating tomatoes on the grounds that the fruit is a "Christian food," NowLebanon.com has reported.

The group based its claim on the fact that a shape resembling a cross is revealed when one cuts a tomato in half.

The association published the warning on its Facebook page with a photo of a tomato cut in half, revealing a cross-shaped interior.

A message posted on the page read, "Eating tomatoes is forbidden because they are Christian. [The tomato] praises the cross instead of Allah and says that Allah is three [in reference to the Holy Trinity]."

The message went on to say, "I implore you to spread this photo because there is a sister from Palestine who saw the Prophet of Allah in a vision and he was crying, warning his nation against eating [tomatoes]. If you don’t spread this [message], know that it is the devil who stopped you.”

The message caused outrage among Facebook users, which prompted the group to clarify their warning, saying they did not tell people not to eat tomatoes. "We said don’t cut it in [such a way that it reveals] the cross shape.”

June/21/2012

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/tomatoes-are-christian-egyptian-salafi-group-warns--.aspx?pageID=238&nid=23713
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by LagosShia: 4:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
ofcourse this is quite funny when compared to a more outragious and un-Islamic ruling by the wahhabis aka salafists they earlier on passed in egypt on husbands sleeping with their dead wives:

https://www.nairaland.com/924609/explanations-needed-proposed-farewell-intercourse#10694581

looks like we are in for a ride of commedy.

i only feel sad because ignorant non-muslims would not know [the difference between a salafist/wahhabi and other Muslims.they would end up giving Islam a bad image unjustifiably.i only posted this to enlighten others especially those who have been defending the wahhabis aka salafists and their terrorism in this very forum.

well,let us see if they would have any excuse to defend these people again over this ridiculous fatwa of theirs on tomatoes.
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by Rafidi: 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2012
Lol

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by Onyocha: 1:28am On Jun 28, 2012
if they don't like tomatoes,then let them try bananas or plantain wink

these people are not serious.they should keep amusing us with their comedy so far they stop their terrorism.

1 Like

Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 28, 2012
^Even bananas and plantains are not ok. sad
*link removed*
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 28, 2012
If you want to go to the address above, change 'intimate' to 'sex[i]u[/i]al' on your address bar.
Seun and his rotten filter. . . .
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by LagosShia: 3:38pm On Jun 28, 2012
fellis: If you want to go to the address above, change 'intimate' to 'sex[i]u[/i]al' on your address bar.
Seun and his rotten filter. . . .

lol

thanks for reminding us of that.here are the threads started on nairaland on the "banana and cucumber salafi/wahhabi fatwa":

"Islamic Cleric Bans Women From Bananas, Cucumbers For S3xual Resemblance"
https://www.nairaland.com/823368/islamic-cleric-bans-women-bananas

"Islamic Cleric Bans Women From Touching 'pen.is-shaped' Foods."
https://www.nairaland.com/826562/islamic-cleric-bans-women-touching

PS:please do not post from or spread the link of the website you presented.they are anti-islam completely.
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2012
No probs. I modified the post. smiley
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by LagosShia: 4:08pm On Jun 28, 2012
fellis: No probs. I modified the post. smiley

Thanks!
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by tintingz(m): 8:39pm On Jun 28, 2012
Good job, bro lagoshia, diz wahabist are spoiling Islam image, i'm sure osama bin ladin is a wahabi?
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by LagosShia: 8:42pm On Jun 28, 2012
tintingz: Good job, bro lagoshia, diz wahabist are spoiling Islam image, i'm sure osama bin ladin is a wahabi?

brother,does that seriously need an answer from me? that is a JAMB question.he was a wahhabi.

[b]PS:[/b]and also our boko people in nigeria are part of the wahhabiyyah movement or influenced by it.
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by tiarabubu: 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2012
Well I hope they dont ban the use of donkeys cos the have markings that look like a cross on their backs - Cut off the skin and lay it flat on the ground and presto! a cross! And shei Jesus rode on a donkey into Jerusalem?

I think they need not look at all these.

Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by LagosShia: 8:53pm On Jun 28, 2012
tiarabubu: Well I hope they dont ban the use of donkeys cos the have markings that look like a cross on their backs - Cut off the skin and lay it flat on the ground and presto! a cross! And shei Jesus rode on a donkey into Jerusalem?

I think they need not look at all these.

i think goats also contain similar body marks.

but me i love goat meat.

grin grin grin
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by tiarabubu: 9:02pm On Jun 28, 2012
LagosShia:

i think goats also contain similar body marks.

but me i love goat meat.

grin grin grin

True. I didn't realise this till you mentioned it. Well, all na food wei God give woman and man sha.

Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2012
LagosShia:

brother,does that seriously need an answer from me? that is a JAMB question.he was a wahhabi.

PS:and also our boko people in nigeria are part of the wahhabiyyah movement or influenced by it.

I thought wahabis are the type that come from Saudi Arabia? How can Boko Haram be Wahabis?
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by maclatunji: 9:24pm On Jun 28, 2012
Funny thread.
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by LagosShia: 9:26pm On Jun 28, 2012
fellis:

I thought wahabis are the type that come from Saudi Arabia? How can Boko Haram be Wahabis?

call them wahhabis (those in saudi arabia) or call them salafists (those elsewhere),it is two names referring to the same movement and group of people with the same ideology and extremism and not to forget their foolish fatwas all of which in a combination is giving Muslims and Islam a very bad image the world over.
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by LagosShia: 9:27pm On Jun 28, 2012
maclatunji: Funny thread.

thank God you find it funny.
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2012
Lagosshia do you hate the wahabis/salafis?
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by LagosShia: 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2012
fellis: Lagosshia do you hate the wahabis/salafis?

brother/sister,
there is nothing personal.its about the truth and its about rejecting the actions of people who are killing even Muslims and giving Islam a bad image.

no grudge at all.it is all about guidance.
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 28, 2012
I noticed that you didn't answer the question directly.
You tend to say unpleasant things about them so I asked if you hate them.
And please you don't have to address me as brother/sister when you want to tell me something, haha.
You should use only one. Am not an hermaphrodite.
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by LagosShia: 9:49pm On Jun 28, 2012
fellis: I noticed that you didn't answer the question directly.
You tend to say unpleasant things about them so I asked if you hate them.
And please you don't have to address me as brother/sister when you want to tell me something, haha.
You should use only one. Am not an hermaphrodite.
lol

i do not hate them.
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 28, 2012
Cool. cool
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by crosbreaka: 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2012
this topic is so ridiculous that i could not stop laughing.yet i find it very informative.i now know too well about the 'virus' crawling among Muslims.i think this thread should go to the front page.definitely!
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by vedaxcool(m): 12:16pm On Jun 29, 2012
going to facebook pages to get the fatwa of a non - existant group is quite low at least this group exist only face book compared to this cleric who occupies a sensitive position in govt.

Women to blame for earthquakes, says Iran cleric

A senior Iranian cleric says women who wear revealing clothing and behave promiscuously are to blame for earthquakes.
Iran is one of the world's most earthquake-prone countries, and the cleric's unusual explanation for why the earth shakes follows a prediction by the president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, that a quake is certain to hit Tehran and that many of its 12 million inhabitants should relocate.

"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which increases earthquakes," Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi was quoted as saying by Iranian media. Women in the Islamic Republic are required by law to cover from head to toe, but many, especially the young, ignore some of the more strict codes and wear tight coats and scarves pulled back that show much of the hair. "What can we do to avoid being buried under the rubble?" Sedighi asked during a prayer sermon last week. "There is no other solution but to take refuge in religion and to adapt our lives to Islam's moral codes." Seismologists have warned for at least two decades that it is likely the sprawling capital will be struck by a catastrophic quake in the near future. Some experts have even suggested Iran should move its capital to a less seismically active location. Tehran straddles scores of fault lines, including one more than 50 miles long, though it has not suffered a major quake since 1830.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/apr/19/women-blame-earthquakes-iran-cleric
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by LagosShia: 12:45pm On Jun 29, 2012
vedaxcool: going to facebook pages to get the fatwa of a non - existant group is quite low at least this group exist only face book compared to this cleric who occupies a sensitive position in govt.
a fatwa is a fatwa.

and what about women should not go near cucumbers,carrots and bananas? who said that? grin

and what about husbands sleeping with dead wives? grin

were all those fatwas spread on facebook? tongue

instead of condemning the stupidity,your ignorance as usually depicts your wahhabi influenced brain.

Women to blame for earthquakes, says Iran cleric

A senior Iranian cleric says women who wear revealing clothing and behave promiscuously are to blame for earthquakes.
Iran is one of the world's most earthquake-prone countries, and the cleric's unusual explanation for why the earth shakes follows a prediction by the president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, that a quake is certain to hit Tehran and that many of its 12 million inhabitants should relocate.

"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which increases earthquakes," Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi was quoted as saying by Iranian media. Women in the Islamic Republic are required by law to cover from head to toe, but many, especially the young, ignore some of the more strict codes and wear tight coats and scarves pulled back that show much of the hair. "What can we do to avoid being buried under the rubble?" Sedighi asked during a prayer sermon last week. "There is no other solution but to take refuge in religion and to adapt our lives to Islam's moral codes." Seismologists have warned for at least two decades that it is likely the sprawling capital will be struck by a catastrophic quake in the near future. Some experts have even suggested Iran should move its capital to a less seismically active location. Tehran straddles scores of fault lines, including one more than 50 miles long, though it has not suffered a major quake since 1830.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/apr/19/women-blame-earthquakes-iran-cleric

and what does saying that immorality is bringing the wrath of God upon a people have to do with wahhabi foolishness? is there anything funny,ridiculous or un-Islamic about what the iranian cleric said? he gave an opinion and not a fatwa or ruling to do or not to do something.he gave an opinion from his observation and he could be right or wrong.you cannot prove him wrong. may be i should remind you what the Quran says on natural disasters and suffering,which can be the case in many places.you are such an hypocrite like all wahhabis and their sympathizers.

Holy Quran 30:41
"Corruption has appeared throughout the land and sea by [reason of] what the hands of people have earned so He may let them taste part of [the consequence of] what they have done that perhaps they will return [to righteousness]".
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by Onyocha: 12:55pm On Jun 29, 2012
@ Vedaxcool,

it looks like someone have finally volunteered to put up a defense.grin

you have not told us if you will stop eating tomatoes.and if you're female,do you still get into close contact with cucumbers? seems wahhabi/salafist women cannot be trusted when they are close to anything long and pointed. grin

please tell us if you will stop eating tomatoes.no need for redherrings and trying to attack others out of being slapped with the truth. embarassed

1 Like

Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by maclatunji: 2:41pm On Jun 29, 2012
@Lagosshia, I hope you are happy.
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by LagosShia: 6:59pm On Jun 29, 2012
maclatunji: @Lagosshia, I hope you are happy.

Yawns.
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by maclatunji: 8:00pm On Jun 29, 2012
^LOL, you are just like a droid on autorun.
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 29, 2012
Gaiz, gaiz, gaiz, hey, listen--gaiz,
No fighting OK?
We're all bestest friends here so no fighting. smiley

Now you too kiss and make up and stop fighting.
Re: 'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns by LagosShia: 10:14pm On Jun 29, 2012
maclatunji: ^LOL, you are just like a droid on autorun.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

fellis: Gaiz, gaiz, gaiz, hey, listen--gaiz,
No fighting OK?
We're all bestest friends here so no fighting. smiley

Now you too kiss and make up and stop fighting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Freedom Or Destruction? / Intercession Has Categories: / History Of April Fool Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.