Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,677 members, 7,820,376 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term (6886 Views)

Kehinde Bamigbetan Dumps Ambode For Babajide Sanwo-Olu / 31 Political Parties Endorse Ambode’s Reelection Bid / Four LCDA/LG Chairmen 'endorse' Ambode For Second Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by WisdomFlakes: 10:04am On Mar 08, 2018
THE Igbo Vision in the All Progressives Congress, APC, yesterday endorsed Governor Akinwumi Ambode to pilot the state affairs for the next four years.

Speaking at a stakeholders meeting, the Publicity Secretary of APC in Lagos State, Mr. Joe Igbokwe said Igbo people in Lagos had resolved to once again support Governor Ambode to in the 2019 governorship election.

Igbokwe noted that Igbo people had seen the transformation going on across the state which has silenced the opposition adding that “in recognition of his hard work, we are going to come out in millions to support him once again through voting.”

He said: “I know that the Igbo, under the aegis of Igbo Vision, supported Ambode to become governor in the face of victimisation but they have not been recognised for their loyalty. Today, I want to assure you that our Governor did not forget the Igbo, you will be rewarded at appropriate time.”

“Government does not share money; it can only impact the society through its developmental project of which Ambode stands out. We have seen physical developments across Lagos and the ongoing transformation in Ladipo market is one among numerous ongoing projects to make life better for Lagosians. We are pleased with this and we want it to continue.”

Corroborating his view, Vice President, Association of Ndieze Igbo in Diaspora Worldwide, Uche Dimgba said that they have commenced sensitization of all Igbo in Lagos that do not have voters card to make sure they get it.

“We also encourage those that have voters card to come out and vote for Ambode in recognition of his selfless service to the development of Lagos State. Lagos State is our home and this is where we have majority of our investment”, Dimgba said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/lagos-ndigbo-endorse-ambode-2nd-term/

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by WisdomFlakes: 10:07am On Mar 08, 2018
I don't buy this endorsement because majority of Lagos Igbos always support PDP. Which is too bad because PDP is a no-go area in Lagos, and as of today it has showed itself to be a regional party with anti-Yoruba tendencies. undecided

25 Likes

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by tunjiajayi: 10:52am On Mar 08, 2018
See O, Igbo people endorsing Ambode!
Ambode that's being unpopular by the day amongst Lagosians and Yorubas in Lagos generally because of his tax and sundry policies.

Well, let's see.
I know you people endorsed Jimi the last time and he lost.

Ambode beware of Igbo endorsement in Lagos.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by FemiFimile: 10:54am On Mar 08, 2018
As soon as i see Joe, laugh wan kill me.

15 Likes

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by Owamudia: 11:14am On Mar 08, 2018
Isn't it too early
Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by Throwback: 11:20am On Mar 08, 2018
Inspite of their opposition, he was elected.

Now the irrelevant is looking for relevance, after declaring him enemy of Ndigbo in the early years of his regime as a follow up to the opposition at the governorship polls, that still did not stop a moving train from mauling all that lie in its path.

35 Likes

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by Omeokachie: 11:21am On Mar 08, 2018
"Speaking at a stakeholders meeting, the Publicity Secretary of APC in Lagos State, Mr. Joe Igbokwe said Igbo people in Lagos had resolved to once again support Governor Ambode to in the 2019 governorship election."

Joe Igbokwe is being clever by half.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by WisdomFlakes: 11:25am On Mar 08, 2018
Throwback:
Inspite of their opposition, he was elected.

Now the irrelevant is looking for relevance, after declaring him enemy of Ndigbo in the early years of his regime as a follow up to the opposition at the governorship polls, that still did not stop a moving train from mauling all that lie in its path.

You are correct. They know that with or without their votes he will still win, so it only makes sense for at least the igbokwe group to support him. It is similar to the same way some clever igbo politicians are also supporting Buhari reelection because they can see the hand writing on the wall. I have to say the igbokwe guy is very clever.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 08, 2018
AMBODE IS WORKING!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by KushyKush: 11:28am On Mar 08, 2018
As a matter of fact, apart from APC, there is no other party that can win the hearts of Lagosians

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by Kundagarten: 11:28am On Mar 08, 2018
Mr. Joe Igbokwe said Igbo people in Lagos had resolved to once again support Governor Ambode to in the 2019 governorship election
Joe Igbokwe is not Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by nedu2000(m): 11:28am On Mar 08, 2018
they are afraid

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by rabonni(m): 11:28am On Mar 08, 2018
Say some ndi igbo
Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by Hemanwel(m): 11:29am On Mar 08, 2018
Maybe when umunna'm hear the implications of the Land Use Charge, they'll have a re-think.
Of all the good things Ambode has done in Lagos state, this Land Use Charge might just be his biggest Achille's heel and a stumbling block to his re-election

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by ShukuShaker: 11:30am On Mar 08, 2018
I don't think Southwesterners need the opinion of Pigs.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by demoBaba: 11:30am On Mar 08, 2018
They don't have choice.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by nedu2000(m): 11:30am On Mar 08, 2018
they are afraid,the odds during elections usually favor the incumbent. Scared so he doesn't come and demolish their houses tomorrow. But in reality Ambode has done nothing for the majority of Lagosians.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by blackpanda: 11:31am On Mar 08, 2018
igbos have succeeded in turning themselves to footmat for politicians
smh

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by stefanweeks: 11:33am On Mar 08, 2018
throw dem into the lagoon

Na OBA talk am o, no be me.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 08, 2018
grin Yoruba slaves

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by King4Roller: 11:35am On Mar 08, 2018
Idiots

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by marvin906(m): 11:36am On Mar 08, 2018
THEY ARE AFRAID..
IGBOS IN LAGOS HAVE NO SAY IN ELECTIONS..
THEY JUST WANT TO BE USEFUL
WHAT A PITY undecided undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by Adebowale89(m): 11:36am On Mar 08, 2018
tunjiajayi:
See O, Igbo people endorsing Ambode!
Ambode that's being unpopular by the day amongst Lagosians and Yorubas in Lagos generally because of his tax and sundry policies.

Well, let's see.
I know you people endorsed Jimi the last time and he lost.

Ambode beware of Igbo endorsement in Lagos.

how is ambode getting unpopular. you with egg brain will just sign in here to split thrash, I know you're ain't Yoruba but here you're forcing yourself to be Yoruba spokesman, only because ambode is building the recognition of Yoruba in Lagos

what next I expect ambode to include in lagos constitution, any politicians that can't express Yoruba fluently should not be given opportunity to contest in a party primary election

either Igbo endorse him or Hausa deny him, he will win the next election, their endorsement has no effect

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by drey076(m): 11:41am On Mar 08, 2018
but they didn't vote for him now, y the endorsement?

confusionist

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by BlackPantherxXx: 11:44am On Mar 08, 2018
World class Asslicking Crew (WAC)

Aba Jews have doctorates in ass-tonguing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by obowunmi(m): 11:44am On Mar 08, 2018
Ambode is such a scam.

How much did he pay for this endorsement ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by obowunmi(m): 11:45am On Mar 08, 2018
Desperate and hungry Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 08, 2018
Kundagarten:

Joe Igbokwe is not Igbo.
he has Igbo in his name for goodness sake. Is he kanuri?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by tunjiajayi: 11:48am On Mar 08, 2018
Adebowale89:

how is ambode getting unpopular. you with egg brain will just sign in here to split thrash, I know you're ain't Yoruba but here you're forcing yourself to be Yoruba spokesman, only because ambode is building the recognition of Yoruba in Lagos

what next I expect ambode to include in lagos constitution, any politicians that can't express Yoruba fluently should not be given opportunity to contest in a party primary election

either Igbo endorse him or Hausa deny him, he will win the next election, their endorsement has no effect

Ore!
Land use charge things nko?
Mr sabi.
Amoju,
Elenu Pete peye.
Ewo Ni ti ebu?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term by BlackPantherxXx: 11:51am On Mar 08, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
he has Igbo in his name for goodness sake. Is he kanuri?

I laughed and laughed reading this grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oshiomole Is Finished, Let's Finish Tinubu Also / Philanthropist, Alex Ikwechegh, Zainab Ahmed, Others Honoured In Abuja (Photos) / It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.