Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women (10353 Views)

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Celebrates Her 46th Birthday Today / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Shows Off Her Backside In New Photos / Is This Albino Guy Hot? Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Asks (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by metronaija: 3:11pm On Mar 08, 2018
Mo Abudu, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of EbonyLife TV, and Nollywood star Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde a.k.a, have been named among 50 women making an impact in showbiz by Variety magazine.

According to Variety, a weekly American entertainment trade magazine, the 50 women on the list are “doing extraordinary things on the worldwide stage” with special focus on the entertainment industry.

Abudu’s profile on the magazine’s website; Variety.com read: “Abudu used her star-making springboard as the face of daytime talkie ‘Moments With Mo’ to launch the EbonyLife empire.

“With a film production unit and upscale lifestyle TV network; she’s been dubbed the Oprah of Africa.

“‘As a woman in a male-dominated industry, I’ve had to be strong, focused and relentless and work twice as hard as the men around me,’ she says.

“Determined to push for gender parity in the Nigerian biz, she estimates that nearly 80 per cent of ‘key positions’ at EbonyLife are filled by women,” Variety wrote.

Jalade-Ekeinde, one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time Magazine in 2013, was described as a Nollywood icon.

Variety wrote: “With more than 300 acting credits to her name, Ekeinde is an icon of Nigeria’s prolific Nollywood film biz.

“Although she says that, “at heart, I think I am an activist first.

“An ambassador for the UN’s World Food Program and campaigner for Amnesty Intl., she’s used her big-screen platform to drive her humanitarian goals.

“Her next step is developing a film village in the former slave port of Badagry, where she wants young Nigerians to hone their filmmaking skills while learning about “our rights and future as Africans,” they said.

Reacting to the news, Abudu excitedly shared a post on Thursday on her instagram page @moabudu, writing:

“Happy International Women’s Day! I am happy to share this good news with you all that I have been listed in The Variety Magazine 2018 International Impact Report, as one of the 50 women during extraordinary things on the global stage.

Thank you @variety for the honour. May this be your year of GREAT PROGRESS Ladies.”

The list, which was compiled to mark International Women’s Day, also features British singer Adele, Hollywood stars; Nicole Kidman, Lupita Nyong’o, and Muccia Prada, creative director at Prada.

Other prominent inclusions include Harry Potter author J.K. Rowlings, British actress Emma Watson, Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot, CEO Atresmedia Mercedes Gamero and British screenwriter Jane Goldman.

The Variety Magazine 2018 International Impact Report is the first of its kind and it is aptly tagged ‘Showbiz Women Prevail (and Persist) Around the Globe’.

They wrote: “It’s not always easy to be a woman in this world, let alone a showbiz leader that happens to be one.

“There are the usual leadership obstacles to overcome, plus downright sexism and resistance in certain pockets of the planet. Yet, these women persist.

“In honor of International Women’s Day on March 8, Variety presents its first International Women’s Impact Report.

“It is an outgrowth of our annual Women’s Impact Report, with a singularly global focus,” Variety said

http://www.metronaija.ng/omosexy-mo-abudu-among-50-global-women-in-showbiz/

Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by bobokeshington: 5:28pm On Mar 08, 2018
please anyone with omosexy's contact??

I'm in love with her daughter!

1 Like

Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 08, 2018
cry
Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by Tolbanks(f): 5:30pm On Mar 08, 2018
Well

Congrats!
Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by Emilokoiyawon: 5:30pm On Mar 08, 2018
cheesy Yoruba women - always on point, always doing big thangs cheesy

unlike those ones from that side that only know how to sex cucumber tongue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by Yewandequeen(f): 5:31pm On Mar 08, 2018
Nice
Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by soberdrunk(m): 5:31pm On Mar 08, 2018
Nothing is sexier than a "confident" beautiful woman! Happy women's day to all women except the runs girls that have stolen from me before, especially the ones that took all my remote controls...... angry
Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by Zonex1(m): 5:33pm On Mar 08, 2018
omosexy cnt jst wait 2 giv u dat D
Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by LesbianBoy(m): 5:34pm On Mar 08, 2018
They have been fvcked by taiwo afolabi and amaechi respectively lipsrsealed
Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by Heromaniaa: 5:35pm On Mar 08, 2018
There must be something Variety knows that we don't know.
Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by djlaqua91(m): 5:38pm On Mar 08, 2018
Real Slay Queens
Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by chriskosherbal(m): 5:41pm On Mar 08, 2018
Apart from paying her dues overtime .....omotola has really won the heart of many .

Congrats lady. It's your time .

1 Like

Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by Nahac: 5:54pm On Mar 08, 2018
djlaqua91:
Real Slay Queens
Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by miketayo(m): 6:02pm On Mar 08, 2018
Emilokoiyawon:

Let's hear word o

1 Like

Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by bamoski(m): 6:11pm On Mar 08, 2018
Omotola is just overhyped. There's nothing extraordinary in her.

Her movies are just like every other dead nollywood garbage churned out weekly undecided

5 Likes

Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by Xisnin(m): 6:16pm On Mar 08, 2018
LesbianBoy:
They have been fvcked by taiwo afolabi and amaechi respectively lipsrsealed
Zonex1:
omosexy cnt jst wait 2 giv u dat D
Jobless imbe ciles
Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by Xisnin(m): 6:17pm On Mar 08, 2018
bamoski:

Her movies are just like every other dead nollywood garbage churned out weekly undecided
Mr Nobody, stop being jealous.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by shizzleStar: 6:44pm On Mar 08, 2018
Emilokoiyawon:

fools will always be fools
Tribalistic scum

1 Like

Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by Miamibutch(m): 6:51pm On Mar 08, 2018
Naija making waves worldwide
Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by Queenslary(f): 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2018
chopping showbiz money
Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by swiperthefox: 7:33pm On Mar 08, 2018
Where is the link to US variety magazine to support your post?
That's how someone posted that Vogue mentioned Tiwa Savage and I went looking but nothing like that in Vogue magazine.

Nigerian Celebrities knows how to hype themselves with unexistent applaud in local or international magazines. I have learnt by close association with them that they sponsor publications about themselves or their properties with their hard earned money to make themselves look larger than life.
#fake life.
Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 08, 2018
bamoski:

Itz her passionate philantrophy work dt put her out there. Like it did for angelina jolie and some hollywood actors. It gave her a voice, and she was in demand on the speaking circuit.

You dont become a UN ambassador or amnesty intl campaigner by just acting those horrible movies. Tonto dike seems to want to follow this path with her foundation but i dont think shes a convincing nor passionate speaker, so not really in demand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 09, 2018
bamoski:

Spot on!!
Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by wildkat: 12:21am On Mar 09, 2018
bamoski:

Fuçk you !!!!
Re: Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women by bamoski(m): 2:20am On Mar 09, 2018
janellemonae:

Itz her passionate philantrophy work dt put her out there. Like it did for angelina jolie and some hollywood actors. It gave her a voice, and she was in demand on the speaking circuit.

You dont become a UN ambassador or amnesty intl campaigner by just acting those horrible movies. Tonto dike seems to want to follow this path with her foundation but i dont think shes a convincing nor passionate speaker, so not really in demand.

You made a lot of sense.

I think I agree with you. Angelina Jolie is a magnificent actress though

(1) (Reply)

Dakore Egbuson set to wed Olumide Akande January 16th in Lagos / Dbanj Just Got Himself Mansion In America See This / Photo Of Linda Ikeji's New Fiance, Samuel Olatunji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.