Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,557 members, 7,955,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:03 PM

The Power Of 5W30 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Power Of 5W30 (2188 Views)

Can I Use 5W30 Engine Oil In Place Of 5W20 In 2003 Honda Accord? / How Good Are This Mobil 5w30 Oil / Can I Use 5w30 Instead Of 5w20 Recommended For My ACURA MDX 07 (tokubo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Power Of 5W30 by EcheCastrol: 4:04pm On Mar 09, 2018
CASTROL MAGNATEC 5W-30 A5 FULL SYNTHETIC ENGINE OIL.

FIND THE RIGHT OIL FOR YOUR ENGINE
It’s easy to fight engine wear from the moment you start. Castrol MAGNATEC’s intelligent molecules:
• Cling to critical engine parts when the oil drains down.
•Cling to your engine forming an extra layer of protection during warm-up and beyond.
To keep your engine protected from the moment you start, select the right oil from the Castrol MAGNATEC range.
MAGNATEC 5W-30 A5 OR MAGNATEC 10W-40 A3/B4.

DESCRIPTION
Castrol MAGNATEC’s unique formulation protects from the moment you turn the key, dramatically reducing* engine wear. Did you know, up to 75% of engine wear happens while your engine warms up. When the engine stops, oil drains off critical engine parts, but Castrol MAGNATEC’s intelligent molecules don’t. They cling to the engine like a magnet providing an extra layer of protection.
*As tested in the industry Sequence IVA wear test

PRODUCT PERFORMANCE CLAIMS/APPROVALS & SPECIFICATIONS
ACEA A1/B1, A5/
B5API SN/CF
ILSAC GF4
Meets Ford WSS-M2C913-A/ WSS-M2C913-B/ WSS-M2C913-C/ WSS-M2C913-D

APPLICATION
Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 A5 is suitable for use in automotive gasoline and diesel engines where the manufacturer recommends ACEA A5/B5, A1/B1 or API SN/CF ILSAC GF-4 5W-30 Lubricant.

Castrol Magnatec A5 has been developed for use in Ford vehicles that require a 5W-30 lubricant that meets Ford WSS-M2C-913-D, Ford WSS-M2C-913-C, WSS-M2C-913B or WSS-M2C-913A

Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 A5 is suitable for use in automotive gasoline and diesel engines where the manufacturer recommends ACEA A5/B5, A1/B1 or API SN/CF ILSAC GF-4 5W-30 Lubricant.

PRODUCT ADVANTAGES:
Castrol MAGNATEC’s Intelligent Molecules:
• Cling to your engine forming an extra layer that protects during start up and beyond.
• Bond to metal surfaces to make engine parts more resistant to wear.
• Are combined with synthetic technology to provide increased protection in high and low temperature applications.
• Provide continuous protection for all driving conditions, styles and temperatures.
• Castrol MAGNATEC 5W-30 A5 delivers superior performance under extreme cold startup conditions relative to thicker grades.

NOTE: EASY DELIVERY AT YOUR DOORSTEP WHEN YOU CALL 08165466867.

https://web.facebook.com/Castrol-Engine-Oil-Nigeria-2000103980278164/?ref=bookmarks
Re: The Power Of 5W30 by erico2k2(m): 7:44pm On Mar 09, 2018
EcheCastrol:
CASTROL MAGNATEC 5W-30 A5 FULL SYNTHETIC ENGINE OIL.

FIND THE RIGHT OIL FOR YOUR ENGINE
It’s easy to fight engine wear from the moment you start. Castrol MAGNATEC’s intelligent molecules:
•Cling to your engine forming an extra layer of protection during warm-up and beyond.
To keep your engine protected from the moment you start, select the right oil from the Castrol MAGNATEC range.
MAGNATEC 5W-30 A5 OR MAGNATEC 10W-40 A3/B4.

DESCRIPTION
Castrol MAGNATEC’s unique formulation protects from the moment you turn the key, dramatically reducing* engine wear. Did you know, up to 75% of engine wear happens while your engine warms up. When the engine stops, oil drains off critical engine parts, but Castrol MAGNATEC’s intelligent molecules don’t. They cling to the engine like a magnet providing an extra layer of protection.
*As tested in the industry Sequence IVA wear test

PRODUCT PERFORMANCE CLAIMS/APPROVALS & SPECIFICATIONS
ACEA A1/B1, A5/
B5API SN/CF
ILSAC GF4
Meets Ford WSS-M2C913-A/ WSS-M2C913-B/ WSS-M2C913-C/ WSS-M2C913-D

APPLICATION

Castrol Magnatec A5 has been developed for use in Ford vehicles that require a 5W-30 lubricant that meets Ford WSS-M2C-913-D, Ford WSS-M2C-913-C, WSS-M2C-913B or WSS-M2C-913A

PRODUCT ADVANTAGES:
Castrol MAGNATEC’s Intelligent Molecules:
• Cling to your engine forming an extra layer that protects during start up and beyond.
• Bond to metal surfaces to make engine parts more resistant to wear.
• Are combined with synthetic technology to provide increased protection in high and low temperature applications.
• Provide continuous protection for all driving conditions, styles and temperatures.
• Castrol MAGNATEC 5W-30 A5 delivers superior performance under extreme cold startup conditions relative to thicker grades.

NOTE: EASY DELIVERY AT YOUR DOORSTEP WHEN YOU CALL 08165466867.

https://web.facebook.com/Castrol-Engine-Oil-Nigeria-2000103980278164/?ref=bookmarks
Is this being sold in 9ja now?

1 Like

Re: The Power Of 5W30 by sooperrescue(m): 7:31am On Mar 10, 2018
For a long time. Api SM and synthetic blend. I wonder why people hate Nigerian motorists so much. For magnatec, it is only 0w20 and 5w20 that are full synthetic. Honda and other brands of cars that requires 5w30 requires oils for gasoline cars only and not diesel and petrol oil spec should not use this oil. If you are buying oil for your car and it is diesel and petrol, don't buy. Look for the gasoline engines only sign before buying
Re: The Power Of 5W30 by EcheCastrol: 2:47pm On Mar 10, 2018
This is absolutely for both PETROL and DIESEL Engine.
It's available and can be delivered at your doorstep when you call 08165466867.

Re: The Power Of 5W30 by Almaiga: 6:00pm On Mar 10, 2018
How much?
Re: The Power Of 5W30 by fortunejum: 7:24pm On Mar 10, 2018
How much? Can it be better than Toyota 5w 30 engine oil?
Re: The Power Of 5W30 by oluwaseunla(m): 7:32pm On Mar 10, 2018
fortunejum:

Are you sure the Toyota 5w-30 is full synthetic?
Re: The Power Of 5W30 by hisgrace090: 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2018
fortunejum:

Think he said it is for ford motors?
Re: The Power Of 5W30 by smellingmenses: 7:24am On Mar 11, 2018
why dont you use Total or Mobil 5w 30 Nigeria produced?

oluwaseunla:

Are you sure the Toyota 5w-30 is full synthetic?
Re: The Power Of 5W30 by oluwaseunla(m): 7:44am On Mar 11, 2018
smellingmenses:
why dont you use Total or Mobil 5w 30 Nigeria produced?

There are question marks over whether they are actually full synthetic. The argument has been raging for a while, on and off nairaland. I leave the actual verification to the experts. Since I'm not willing to gamble with engines, I'll rather use what I'm very sure of.

Generally, over a long period, the foreign oils seem to actually perform better. I suspect that is because they are subjected to stricter measures based on their country of origin, rather than our own environment with more relaxed regulations.

Re: The Power Of 5W30 by smellingmenses: 7:59am On Mar 11, 2018
HOW MUCH IS THIS?
oluwaseunla:

There are question marks over whether they are actually full synthetic. The argument has been raging for a while, on and off nairaland. I leave the actual verification to the experts. Since I'm not willing to gamble with engines, I'll rather use what I'm very sure of.

Generally, over a long period, the foreign oils seem to actually perform better. I suspect that is because they are subjected to stricter measures based on their country of origin, rather than our own environment with more relaxed regulations.

Re: The Power Of 5W30 by oluwaseunla(m): 8:06am On Mar 11, 2018
smellingmenses:
HOW MUCH IS THIS?

21,000 for the 5 quarts container.
Re: The Power Of 5W30 by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 11, 2018
oluwaseunla:

can you use this for Toyota Corolla 07?
Re: The Power Of 5W30 by oluwaseunla(m): 9:44am On Mar 11, 2018
desquad:
can you use this for Toyota Corolla 07?

It's better you use 5W-30 for a corolla.
Re: The Power Of 5W30 by dapotemi: 3:56pm On Mar 11, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Can I use it for a Camry 03
Re: The Power Of 5W30 by oluwaseunla(m): 4:45pm On Mar 11, 2018
dapotemi:

Can I use it for a Camry 03

Toyotas of those years generally use 5W-30. Gazzuzz stocks Mobil-1, 5W-30 a lot. Get in touch with him.

Cc desquad.
Re: The Power Of 5W30 by sooperrescue(m): 7:59pm On Mar 11, 2018
hisgrace090:

Think he said it is for ford motors?
It is for Ford cars only but let him tell us which model of ford needs that oil. I have checked Castrol's website and that oil is not among their recomendations for Ford. Op, which car is this oil good for and is it semi synthetic?
Re: The Power Of 5W30 by oluwaseunla(m): 9:21pm On Mar 11, 2018
sooperrescue:
It is for Ford cars only but let him tell us which model of ford needs that oil. I have checked Castrol's website and that oil is not among their recomendations for Ford. Op, which car is this oil good for and is it semi synthetic?

They actually wrote full synthetic on that container. I hope it really is.
Re: The Power Of 5W30 by sooperrescue(m): 10:02pm On Mar 11, 2018
oluwaseunla:

They actually wrote full synthetic on that container. I hope it really is.
I remember that I was once in their office in Ikoyi to advise them to withdraw these oils. Castrol states that 0w20 and 5w20 are synthetics while the 5w30 are synthetic blend. If it has been upgraded, let him show us the link. If Castrol edge is the current oil, why are they selling API SN ILSAC 4 when according to Castrol, ILSAC 5 overides all older oils. This is an Eterna oil product licensed from South Africa and from what I can recollect, even though SA assemble cars, their auto market is totally different from our market and so they cant dictate the type of oil for Nigerian auto industry.

1 Like

Re: The Power Of 5W30 by ikeyman00(m): 11:52pm On Mar 11, 2018
Does it mean there is no good oil for hondas, toyotas etc in petrol station in that part of the world
Re: The Power Of 5W30 by oluwaseunla(m): 4:45am On Mar 12, 2018
ikeyman00:
Does it mean there is no good oil for hondas, toyotas etc in petrol station in that part of the world

Not in Nigeria at the moment. Hopefully soon.
Re: The Power Of 5W30 by sooperrescue(m): 6:44am On Mar 12, 2018
Oando now has a 5w30, but I dont know if it is the same of the same or a real deal. Any oil that states it is for diesel and petrol, it is not fit for Toyota and Honda . It must have that sign For Gasoline Engines. If it does not have, please waka pass
Re: The Power Of 5W30 by EcheCastrol: 1:25pm On Mar 12, 2018
Some comments by someone here claiming he knows something about Engine oil but he absolutely knows NOTHING! Castrol Engine Oil is absolutely the best among others. Check your car manual to see the range of Castrol Engine oil recommended for your car or use your google.
It is not just oil, It is Liquid Engineering!
Re: The Power Of 5W30 by sooperrescue(m): 8:23pm On Mar 12, 2018
EcheCastrol:
Some comments by someone here claiming he knows something about Engine oil but he absolutely knows NOTHING! Castrol Engine Oil is absolutely the best among others. Check your car manual to see the range of Castrol Engine oil recommended for your car or use your google.
It is not just oil, It is Liquid Engineering!
I am not advertising any oil for sale but you. Tell us which vehicle the magnatec 5w30 is suitable for and which of the castrol oil is still selling ilsac4. Just one. And before I forget, where is thst your 5w20 professionel api sl?

(1) (Reply)

Are Honda CRV 2007-2011 Women Cars? / How Do I Clear Low Tire Pressure Warning Light On My Dashboard / Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.