Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Why Can't There Be Constant Electricity In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't There Be Constant Electricity In Nigeria? (3431 Views)

Clement Onyemelukwe: 'Father Of Electricity’ In Nigeria Died At 86 (Photos) / Corona Virus: - There Is No Constant Electricity to Power Mechanical Ventilators / 4,000 Of Ariaria Shops Now Enjoy Constant Electricity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't There Be Constant Electricity In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 11, 2018
Paretomaster:

That is the trademark of Flattinoes.... Tribalistic, cowardice....
What is this one saying?!
Re: Why Can't There Be Constant Electricity In Nigeria? by sambos994(m): 4:07am On Mar 12, 2018
See what this thread descended to. I no fit laugh
Re: Why Can't There Be Constant Electricity In Nigeria? by Raymagnate(m): 9:37am On Jul 12, 2019
Nigeria with a population of over 200 million people sell electricity to other neighbouring African countries, but cannot gives its citizens steady electricity supply. In this video we check out the challenges, the problems and the probable solutions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87wFFXKCys4&t=42s
Re: Why Can't There Be Constant Electricity In Nigeria? by Victor8st: 1:26pm On Jul 16, 2021
To be honest, I think that it’s because of the poor climate conditions. More than that, the technology itself that supplies you with energy in Nigeria looks pretty old. However, as far as I know, there are alternative energy suppliers that can help you escape that electricity prison, expensive and not effective. Here https://www.simplyswitch.com/energy/guides/switch-energy-supplier-5-simple-steps/ you have an instruction in case you decide to quit your supplier. I really hope that this message will help you and the things will slowly start to improve in my childhood country!
Re: Why Can't There Be Constant Electricity In Nigeria? by bjdon: 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2021
kolawoleibukun:
Even poor countries in the world do not have to suffer this much. Not that there is light in the city and darkness in the villages; not that power goes out for few hours in a day only. Why really can't we just have electrical power in that country for decades now?

Have you demanded it of your leaders? I am sorry but change will not come by asking questions on NL. Nigerians need to rise up and make their leaders ACCOUNTABLE. How about the people of this country insisting that whoever wants to put themselves forward for president in 2023,must submit a detailed power generation and distribution plan in their electoral manifesto. Why don't the various civil society bodies like NANS, NLC...demand this?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't There Be Constant Electricity In Nigeria? by bjdon: 1:35pm On Jul 16, 2021
surgical:
No. its bad followership ,the people do not desire it, they are not hungry for the good things of life that is taken for granted in other clime. they have mortgage their future and well being for the convinence of their uncaring leaders. you can see some ordinary Nigerians clamouring for the return of buhari and other underperforming governor despite their abysmal performance without adding an inch value to anybody shows the value such dumb masses place on their own life, welfare and happiness. so the followers are to blame

Bless you bro. This is very similar to what I wrote earlier. If the people do not demand things from their leaders, then they should not complain if those things are not provided. Until Nigerians learn to DEMAND quality leadership, they will keep being taken for a ride by their leaders.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cleric Who Predicted Ekiti APC Victory Predicts Who Will Win Osun Election / Kwankwaso, His Team, Arrives At The Stadium To Welcome Atiku for Presidential Ra / Ugwuanyi Says He Will Continue To Promote Peace In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.