Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,637 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Toni Iwobi: I Will Deport Nigerians, Africans Without Papers In Italy" - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Toni Iwobi: I Will Deport Nigerians, Africans Without Papers In Italy" (36764 Views)

Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border / Deport Nigerians - South African Twitter Users Call For Mass Deportation / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Toni Iwobi: I Will Deport Nigerians, Africans Without Papers In Italy" by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:00pm On Mar 11, 2018
Once again it boils down to an identity crisis, 99% of history books even in Africa starts with slavery, and hollywood keeps reinforcing that almost once or twice a year, EVERY YEAR, movies about Ancient Egypt are played by whites, that does a number on your psyche, who are we? what have we achieved? why are there pyramids in Enugu? Oba of Benin's Pyramid? the fortress at Ijebu, etc, we are missing in history or stored in British museums! They never make it to Hollywood movies, just Africans naked and being whipped, So subconsciously we have adopted the mentality of slaves, we are extremely poor in spirit, we have no heroes, a 60 years old man can't mention a hero, that gets even worse in the political arena, zero role model, it's so bad the meme I dropped was of a quote from Winston Churchill, no Nigerian politician is worth quoting.
Our identity crisis is so bad we cling to stupid meaningless titles like its a price, you hear an 'educated' man call him Chief Dr Evangelist Adeleye esq. or Chief Imam Alhaji Eng Lukman, we hold tight to tribes, clan, and religion, even though we understand none, because when a black man gets money/power, those are mostly the first things he despises. He wants to first move away from people that look like him, wants to dress diff, even change his colour if he could. African Americans are worst off, their history starts on the shores of Africa with chains and sad songs, their heroes are freedom fighters who were all killed. We subconsciously unknowingly think we are nothing so we desire the flashiest things, we hope that would somehow make us different from everybody else,
Lastly do you realize West Africa uses the British curriculum? So we can forget about having any pride in past history that doesn't show Lord Luggard and Flora Shaw as our heroes. And don't forget white Jesus and Arabic Muhammad.
That said, all Nigeria needs is just one governor that would open the youth's eyes to good sensible living, people would start to demand more. Are we going to get that? Highly doubt it, why? Our leaders are so poor in spirit they become freemasons, freemasonry creates an elite, elites look out for themselves.

John Kuffuor, president of Ghana, Jerry J. Rawlings, his predecessor, Omar Hadj Bongo, president of Gabon, and Paul Biya, president of Cameroon. Others are Blaise Campaore, president of Burkina Faso, Idris Deby, president of Chad, Mamadou Tanja, president of Niger, Denis Sassou Nguesso, president of Congo Brazaville, his predecessor, Pascal Lissouba and Robert Guei, a general and late head of state of Ivory Coast, South African parliament is built on Masonic lodge, so no need to ask if Mandela was a mason, Koffi Annan, and tons of Nigerians, the same people that enslaved us, our so called leaders are bowing down for them in secret meetings and selling us out.

Nowenuse:

I think you are misjudging me. Who told you that I do not acknowledge the great history and achievements of Black African empires and kingdoms of the past?
I very much do bro and I know a whole lot about them and take pride in then more than you think I do.

However, as much as I acknowledge the positive side of our history, you do not expect me to completely ignore the negative parts do you? Some of these negative parts are still working against us till date.
Europeans, Asians and everyone else had negative parts of their histories and I don't think they deny it do they? I am speaking with my fellow black people and that is why I can freely open up on the negatives of our history. If I was speaking with an Asian or White, you don't expect me to talk like this, do you? I would definitely defend my people.

Asians did not sell themselves as slaves, but Africans did, and beside I see no reason how this affects our present day progress.
Most Asians already had a great sense of nationhood and homogenous states before Europeans colonized them, this is why they largely retained their languages after colonialism. Asians to a large extent already had homogenous religions too, which defined them.
No region of Africa had a homogenous native religion with widespread adherence, whereas the Arabs and much of the middle east had Islam as an identity and a somewhat unifying tool, South Asia had hinduism while East and South-East Asia had Buddhism.

Besides, It is only in most parts of West Africa that our indigenous languages are not officialized and promoted. This I think is largely due to heavy plurality of ethnicity.
However in most Southern & East African countries, their native languages share equal official and literacy status with English.
Re: Toni Iwobi: I Will Deport Nigerians, Africans Without Papers In Italy" by Nowenuse: 9:55pm On Mar 11, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
Once again it boils down to an identity crisis, 99% of history books even in Africa starts with slavery, and hollywood keeps reinforcing that almost once or twice a year, EVERY YEAR, movies about Ancient Egypt are played by whites, that does a number on your psyche, who are we? what have we achieved? why are there pyramids in Enugu? Oba of Benin's Pyramid? the fortress at Ijebu, etc, we are missing in history or stored in British museums! They never make it to Hollywood movies, just Africans naked and being whipped, So subconsciously we have adopted the mentality of slaves, we are extremely poor in spirit, we have no heroes, a 60 years old man can't mention a hero, that gets even worse in the political arena, zero role model, it's so bad the meme I dropped was of a quote from Winston Churchill, no Nigerian politician is worth quoting.
Our identity crisis is so bad we cling to stupid meaningless titles like its a price, you hear an 'educated' man call him Chief Dr Evangelist Adeleye esq. or Chief Imam Alhaji Eng Lukman, we hold tight to tribes, clan, and religion, even though we understand none, because when a black man gets money/power, those are mostly the first things he despises. He wants to first move away from people that look like him, wants to dress diff, even change his colour if he could. African Americans are worst off, their history starts on the shores of Africa with chains and sad songs, their heroes are freedom fighters who were all killed. We subconsciously unknowingly think we are nothing so we desire the flashiest things, we hope that would somehow make us different from everybody else,
Lastly do you realize West Africa uses the British curriculum? So we can forget about having any pride in past history that doesn't show Lord Luggard and Flora Shaw as our heroes. And don't forget white Jesus and Arabic Muhammad.
That said, all Nigeria needs is just one governor that would open the youth's eyes to good sensible living, people would start to demand more. Are we going to get that? Highly doubt it, why? Our leaders are so poor in spirit they become freemasons, freemasonry creates an elite, elites look out for themselves.

John Kuffuor, president of Ghana, Jerry J. Rawlings, his predecessor, Omar Hadj Bongo, president of Gabon, and Paul Biya, president of Cameroon. Others are Blaise Campaore, president of Burkina Faso, Idris Deby, president of Chad, Mamadou Tanja, president of Niger, Denis Sassou Nguesso, president of Congo Brazaville, his predecessor, Pascal Lissouba and Robert Guei, a general and late head of state of Ivory Coast, South African parliament is built on Masonic lodge, so no need to ask if Mandela was a mason, Koffi Annan, and tons of Nigerians, the same people that enslaved us, our so called leaders are bowing down for them in secret meetings and selling us out.

Yeah, you are right with your points.
Thank God for people like you and I who still learn history on our own and would not accept everything fed to us from the western media hook, line and sinker.

The Nigerian society needs very heavy re-orientation, and I am happy that most of we the youths are realizing this. Realizing problems and mistakes is the first step to finding a solution. I don't know about other people, but for me, I sincerely hope to cause/mobilize a change in the nearest possible future.
I'm so disgusted with the lackadaisical, non-challance and visionless attitude of our fathers and their generation. Well, maybe because we are in a more developed age of enlightenment and technology which has given many of we the youths the platform to realize the mistakes of our fathers and do something about it.

1 Like

Re: Toni Iwobi: I Will Deport Nigerians, Africans Without Papers In Italy" by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:22am On Mar 12, 2018
You are 100% right, I think its because you can pull up resources easier these days with tech, we do have a lot to do!

Nowenuse:

Yeah, you are right with your points.
Thank God for people like you and I who still learn history on our own and would not accept everything fed to us from the western media hook, line and sinker.

The Nigerian society needs very heavy re-orientation, and I am happy that most of we the youths are realizing this. Realizing problems and mistakes is the first step to finding a solution. I don't know about other people, but for me, I sincerely hope to cause/mobilize a change in the nearest possible future.
I'm so disgusted with the lackadaisical, non-challance and visionless attitude of our fathers and their generation. Well, maybe because we are in a more developed age of enlightenment and technology which has given many of we the youths the platform to realize the mistakes of our fathers and do something about it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Lagos Airport Staff Who Steals Passengers' Belongings Discovered (pics, Video) / My Trip To Marrakech-morocco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.