Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,644 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety (4408 Views)

Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) / Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. / Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by AlexReports(m): 7:19am On Mar 11, 2018
Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests of Safety

Dana Air wishes to thank the AIB for releasing the preliminary report on the Port Harcourt runway incident involving one of our aircraft on 23rd of February 2018.

Excerpts of the reports confirmed that the Air Traffic Control, an arm of the Nigerian Air Space Management Agency that is saddled with the responsibility of issuing instructions that the pilots are required to obey, had cleared the pilot in command to land.

It is pertinent to note that the pilot of that flight is a happily married man and a proud father of three beautiful children. He has over 30 years experience in the aviation industry and is one of the very best in his profession, meticulous in his duties, and headhunted from another domestic airline where he also served as the head of safety and quality standards.

Considering the safety measures that we have put in place and our huge investment in training and retraining of our crew and pilots, we decided not to join issues, but to rather wait on the report of the AIB, the authentic body responsible for such investigations.

In 2013, The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) and its foreign partners, the Flight Safety Group, carried out an audit on our operations and in 2016, as a result of our commitment to  global safety standards, we applied to become a member of the International Air Transport Association (IATA), went  through their audit and subsequently became a member in 2016.

We therefore welcome the recent audit ordered by the Federal Government and we are willing to work with the team and the FG to demonstrate our commitment not just to flying but to flying safe.

Our route and fleet expansion program is still very much on course and we remain dedicated to our recent interline and aircraft partnership with Asky airline, another formidable airline in Africa.

We wish to thank the honorable minister of state for aviation, Hadi Sirika, who has proven himself as a  technocrat, and  our esteemed guests for keeping faith with us while the incident was under investigation and we wish to reassure our guests of our commitment towards providing safe, reliable and affordable air transport.
http://www.alexreports.info/2018/03/no-challenge-dana-air-welcomes-audit.html?m=0

Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by addikt(m): 8:12am On Mar 11, 2018
. grin
Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by Ibibioesan(m): 8:12am On Mar 11, 2018
space booked
Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 11, 2018
Cool
Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by nairalandfreak(m): 8:14am On Mar 11, 2018
Propaganda
Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by justi4jesu(f): 8:14am On Mar 11, 2018
Yimu sad sad
Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by Rexnegro(m): 8:15am On Mar 11, 2018
Na so they go talk o
Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 11, 2018
Maybe one day I will be DANA AIR CEO

Una management for aircraft is very low I need to set thing up
Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 11, 2018
Foget about all the saga about Dana air, I can still fly Dana air.

Dana air share the same fate with all other airlines, only that when it happens, the airline company quickly cover the incidence and prevent the news from reaching the public.
Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by Kelly2713(m): 8:15am On Mar 11, 2018
observing

Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by StackHouse1(m): 8:15am On Mar 11, 2018
Welcome development

[quote]Hp g6 laptop for quick sale.. 500gig core I 3, 4hours plus battery life
Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by new2012: 8:16am On Mar 11, 2018
Runway issue, door issue in how many weeks? Put ur house in order, not PR.

Previous crash reflect neglects, we dont have to get there.

Dana with issues, Arik emergency landing, how old are these planes sef?
Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by FarahAideed: 8:17am On Mar 11, 2018
The only thing now Dana air can do to reassure the public it's committed to their safety is to phase out it old fleet of the the highly unstable MD 83 and opt for a younger fleet of Boeing 737s anything from series 400 upwards will do the magic ..if dana insist on re auditing and re auditing those unstable pencils called the MD83 then it should realise the very soon one of the birds will fail it's crew from either hydraulics failure or electrical failure or fuel supply failure or both engine failures or s serious structural failure and no matter how trained the crew is they will have no option to bid use the last minutes of hopelessness to bid farewell to loved ones on the cockpit voice recorder ....Dana act now and change your fleet

3 Likes

Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 11, 2018
oga70563:
Foget about all the saga about Dana air, I can still fly Dana air.

Dana air share the same fate with all other airlines, only that when it happens, the airline company quickly cover the incidence and prevent the news from reaching the public.

shut up is you know nothing about airline
Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 11, 2018
amani63:
shut up is you know nothing about airline

I bet u have never flied before. Move on, I don't peddle syntax with low lives.
Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 11, 2018
What has auditing an airliner got to do with its safety? What needs to be done is an investigation not necessarily auditing.

Investigate both the airliners, their training procedures and aviation worker's training procedures to avoid future safety issues.
Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by adezjamz(m): 8:29am On Mar 11, 2018
Okay
Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by benztruck: 8:31am On Mar 11, 2018
Make Sales on your Website or Ecommerce with Payment Gateway Integration for Just N9,999....Incredible offer!

Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by ERICOPLC(m): 8:34am On Mar 11, 2018
Folks, while not standing in for Dana air, what happened on that day could as well happen to any other airline. Dana air as at today is one of the safest, reliable and courtious airline in Nigeria.
I have flown other airlines in Nigeria, is it the unnecessary cancellation by Arik, delays by Aero just name the airline and I will tell you their weakest point.
Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by naijaadvance: 9:20am On Mar 11, 2018
Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by adora4u1: 9:36am On Mar 11, 2018
Since the DANA crash in 2012, DANA is still to pay the INITIAL compensation of 30,000 USD to most of the victims' families! And we expect all to be well with DANA?! Curses will continue to rain on DANA until they do the right thing!

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety by Christmasdon(m): 12:55pm On Mar 11, 2018
i kept very calm to make sure i read inbetween the lines to read from this post of what happened following my post i posted of an airplane circling under my roof, to know exactly the probldm that erupted, but still i can't read anything meaningful here. so sad, though i live in owerri.

(1) (Reply)

Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) / Jerusalem Pilgrimage: Who Offers The Best Package? / If You Are Interested In Moving To Southern Cyprus, Gather Here!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.