Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW (27163 Views)

Top Current Car Brands And Their Country Of Origin / Car Logo Game: Tell Us The Names Of These Car Brands Using Their Logos Only / 28 Car Brands And The Year They Were Founded - Innoson Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by ChristineC: 9:47am On Mar 12, 2018
postmann:

True. Toyota has good resale value and good sales numbers thanks to their cheaper price. VW is cheap too and enjoys high sales too.

But Toyota's bread and butter of sales couldn't break into Europe, the continent of cars and had to be discontinued there in the mid '90's grin

Toyota's, philosophy is to produce cheaper cars for the world's poorer economies, same philosophy first imbibed by VW with their famous beatles.

KIA and others have adopted the same philosophy and like Toyota they are known for playing safe, never venturing into groundbreaking innovation.

so the American and Australian markets arr the world's poorer economies ; D
the Mercedes Benz has A-class, B-class and C-class, are they also expensive? Why are they not littered everywhere in the "poorer economies"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by kingreign(m): 9:55am On Mar 12, 2018
postmann:

"Overview
If you’re reading this and saying, “I didn't know Kia made a luxury sedan,” you’re not alone. The K900 is a muscular four-door stuffed with leather, wood trim, and electronic amusements all as standard. The base engine is a 311-hp V-6, while a 420-hp V-8 is optional. The steering is numb and the suspension is soft. Kia wants buyers to think the K900 is a value compared with its more-expensive competitors, but we’d rather spend less for a car that is more about driving than gadgets."

Above is the review of the k900 by Car and driver with 2.5 star rating.

If you mean 6speed auto transmission in a Kia vehicle in 2009, then I should tell you in concrete terms the 2002 Mercedes-Benz C Class is which an entry level model (not even a mid- size sedan) was equipped with a 6speed auto Trans as standard.

As far as cars goes, Europe do 90% of the innovations with the rest coming from the U.S . So negligible a few come elswhere.

Mercedes used 5Gtronic bro even in E and S class till 05/06. In 2003 mercedes introduced the 7Gtronic for V8 applications . In 2009 5GTronic was still used in their v12 and i4. Do your research bro.

Back to the matter for an economy car to be having a 6sp auto plus EPS while others went CVT is laudable. Go research more on this. May I remind you, in 2013 Ford still used 6sp auto?
In 2002 bmw also started using EPS whereas it was first used in a japmobile?

Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by postmann: 10:26am On Mar 12, 2018
ChristineC:
so the American and Australian markets arr the world's poorer economies ; D
the Mercedes Benz has A-class, B-class and C-class, are they also expensive? Why are they not littered everywhere in the "poorer economies"?

The A and B class are new models. The A class was introduced in 1999 and the B class much later. As for the C class, it's the highest selling entry level luxury.

Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by postmann: 10:36am On Mar 12, 2018
kingreign:

Mercedes used 5Gtronic bro even in E and S class till 05/06. In 2003 mercedes introduced the 7Gtronic for V8 applications . In 2009 5GTronic was still used in their v12 and i4. Do your research bro.

Back to the matter for an economy car to be having a 6sp auto plus EPS while others went CVT is laudable. Go research more on this. May I remind you, in 2013 Ford still used 6sp auto?
In 2002 bmw also started using EPS whereas it was first used in a japmobile?

True but some models like the 2nd generation C class a model spanning 2000 to 2006 had 7 speed auto. The 6 speed I earlier reported was in error.

The point is before Kia and other Asian brands got up to 6 speed auto, Benz were in 7 speed already.

More powerful engines and most 4matics have reduced transmission for obvious reasons.
Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by Shroud: 11:49am On Mar 12, 2018
postmann:

True but some models like the 2nd generation C class a model spanning 2000 to 2006 had 7 speed auto. The 6 speed I earlier reported was in error.

The point is before Kia and other Asian brands got up to 6 speed auto, Benz were in 7 speed already.

More powerful engines and most 4matics have reduced transmission for obvious reasons.

You have time. Someone talking about Kia and Mercedes ought to be shot in his pallets for such automobile blasphemy.

Most of these Asian car fanboys haven't driven a Mercedes all their lives. God help this country. This was how Nigerians adopted blackberry phones when the brand was already dying worldwide and thought they were using state of the art phones.

Now it's only in Nigeria someone would buy a Camry or Honda and start feeling posh.

Kendrick Lamar bought a 2017 Camry for his graduatiing kid sister and was mocked on Twitter for choosing a poor car for her!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by kingreign(m): 11:57am On Mar 12, 2018
Shroud:

You have time. Someone taking about Kia and Mercedes ought to be shot in his pallets for such automobile blasphemy.

Most of these Asian car fanboys haven't driven a Mercedes all their lives. God help this country. This was how Nigerians adopted blackberry phones when the brand was already dying worldwide and thought they were is using state of the art phones.

Now it's only in Nigeria someone would buy a Camry or Honda and start feeling posh.

Kendrick Lamar bought a 2017 Camry for his graduatiing kid sister and was mocked on Twitter for choosing a poor car for her!

You have issues. Real personality issues.
Yes I drive a Lexus RX330 I've owned a number of cars before it and I still bought other cars while still owning it.
Claiming you did 160km/h taking selfies and shyyte you full of shyyte dude.
I've driven mercs countless times even models you only see and admire. Stop running your your mouth like a rabid dog on heat.

Jeez keyboard warriors

I'm ready for you. Respond lemme descend on you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by Shroud: 12:04pm On Mar 12, 2018
kingreign:

You have issues. Real personality issues.
Yes I drive a Lexus RX330 I've owned a number of cars before it and I still bought other cars while still owning it.
Claiming you did 160km/h taking selfies and shyyte you full of shit dude.
I've driven mercs countless times even models you only see and admire. Stop running your your mouth like a rabid dog on heat.

Jeez keyboard warriors
now this dirty piece of human garbage is fulfilling his wet dreams in Nairaland. Writing and claiming stuffs none of his mundane bloodlines ever achieved.

If you drive a Lexus and still rate Kia, then you're numb in perception and suffering from advance stages of perceptual distortions and virtual impairment.

You're a phoney and a sham. Your greatest achievement is what you wrote on Nairaland pages while you're a beachcombing vagabond outside the walls of Nairaland.

Kids gloves off! One more personal shiit from you, then I will cut off your testicles with a tetanus-infected blade and stuff it in your windpipe and your last vision will be the Mercedes none of your pathetic lineage has the means to own.

Blazing idiot.
Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by kingreign(m): 12:08pm On Mar 12, 2018
Shroud:
now this dirty piece of human garbage is fulfilling his wet dreams in Nairaland. Writing and claiming stuffs none of his mundane bloodlines ever achieved.

If you drive a Lexus and still rate Kia, then you're numb in perception and suffering from advance stages of perceptual distortions and virtual impairment.

You're a phoney and a sham. Your greatest achievement is what you wrote on Nairaland pages while you're a beachcombing vagabond outside the walls of Nairaland.

Kids gloves off! One more personal shiit from you, then I will cut off your testicles with a tetanus-infected blade and stuff it in your windpipe and your last vision will be the Mercedes none of your pathetic lineage has the means to own.

Blazing idiot.

Maggot do your worse. I bet you never own a merc. Or even a bolt. Sore arse loser leprosy. Infested demon.
Spit in your scar face.

You as useless as a toilet paper used in cleaning the arse of a swine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by Shroud: 12:13pm On Mar 12, 2018
kingreign:

Maggot do your worse. I bet you never own a merc. Or even a bolt. Sore arse loser leprosy. Infested demon.
Spit in your scar face.
so this is the "descend" you just bragged about if I responded!!!

What an empty , un-improvising lying piece of dirtbag you are!!!

I should use your morbid flesh as a doucherag to clean the windshield of my Mercedes for a start then toss you into the murky bowl of water for my rims and tyres.

Thunder shave your inflated balls there.

Putrid sac of human pus.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by kingreign(m): 12:17pm On Mar 12, 2018
Shroud:
so this is the "descend" you just bragged about if I responded!!!

What an empty , un-improvising lying piece of dirtbag you are!!!

I should use your morbid flesh as a doucherag to clean the windshield of my Mercedes for a start then toss you into the murky bowl of water for my rims and tyres.

Thunder shave your inflated balls there.

Putrid sac of human pus.

You've been all about balls dicks and et al. You a gay homofaggot
Tell the devil I say hi when you get back to where you from.
Go and die you dingbat
I'm done. I don't discuss with gay homofaggot. You reek of stüpïdity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by Shroud: 12:18pm On Mar 12, 2018
Kingreign is struggling with his responses. I see him going back to edit his lines like a curb prostitute. grin grin grin

And the lying regurgitation of nature says he owns a couple Mercedes, Lexus and have driven and bought others before this.

How many cars do you own, mister? As much as your mom has taken corks in her stinking cesspit she calls her tunnel of love grin grin grin

Airheaded plonker.
Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by Shroud: 12:19pm On Mar 12, 2018
kingreign:

You've been all about balls dicks and et al. You a gay homofaggot
Tell the devil I say hi when you get back to where you from.
Go and die you dingbat
I'm done. I don't discuss with gay homofaggot. You reek of stüpïdity.
ask your father , I stretched your mother and sent her limping and bent like a question mark (?) back to your dopey father.
Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by Shroud: 12:25pm On Mar 12, 2018
The yellow-bellied fool called kingreign takes a bow and scurries out of the thread after I drowned him in the bowl of a public un-flushed toilet.

So much boasting and nothing in his large empty head.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by postmann: 12:51pm On Mar 12, 2018
Shroud:
The yellow-bellied fool called kingreign takes a bow and scurries out of the thread after I drowned him in the bowl of a public un-flushed toilet.

So much boasting and nothing in his large empty head.

Phweeeew! So much volcanic eruption in a couple of minutes!

Your 'shroud' handle is misleading or no one knows you as monster troll here!
grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by Shroud: 1:05pm On Mar 12, 2018
postmann:

Phweeeew! So much volcanic eruption in a couple of minutes!

Your 'shroud' handle is misleading or no one knows you as monster troll here!
grin grin grin
shroud is a quiet moniker grin grin grin innocent.
Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by SmartToyota(m): 6:57pm On Mar 12, 2018
Easy guys.
Come on! No need for the cuss words.
kingreign:

Spit in your scar face.

You as useless as a toilet paper used in cleaning the arse of a swine.

Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by kingreign(m): 7:29pm On Mar 12, 2018
SmartToyota:
Easy guys.
Come on! No need for the cuss words.

Quote me not. Quote the ïmbeçile who started it
Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by ChristineC: 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2018
Shroud:
you see? The young man in question saw all the other cars both European and American, but he bought the Camry because he had absolute trust in the capabilities of the car; and his sister loved it. That's all that matters brother. His sister will not be driving at 160km/hr at any point of her life, and if so she can buy a Toyota Supra or Lexus LFA.

Is there any reason to point out this guy isn't Nigerian and doesn't live in Nigeria? Is it that he bought the car because it is too cheap (he could have gotten a Ford or Buick sedans to show patriotism) or he just didn't have money?

What's his business with mockery from people who wouldn't mind their own businesses?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by Shroud: 10:57pm On Mar 12, 2018
ChristineC:
you see? The young man in question saw all the other cars both European and American, but he bought the Camry because he had absolute trust in the capabilities of the car; and his sister loved it. That's all that matters brother. His sister will not be driving at 160km/hr at any point of her life, and if so she can buy a Toyota Supra or Lexus LFA.

Is there any reason to point out this guy isn't Nigerian and doesn't live in Nigeria? Is it that he bought the car because it is too cheap (he could have gotten a Ford or Buick sedans to show patriotism) or he just didn't have money?

What's his business with mockery from people who wouldn't mind their own businesses?
Lamar's response was she was still too young to drive an expensive car.

My point is that it's a stark contrast to how Toyota is perceived in Nigeria.

Have two friends whom we all graduated together. One drives a Toyota venza 2016 V6 and the other drives a Jaguar xf V8 5.0 litre engine.

The dude with the venza in all honesty looks down and boasts his venza is costlier then the Jag and even boast in a beer parlour.

Where. I told him the Jag costs 84 thousand dollars and the venza only costs 38 thousand dollars , we nearly fought. That's how Nigeria overhype and overrate Toyota models as king of cars.

The Jag will buy the company venza twice over and have change for 2016 American used Toyota Corolla.
Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by Shroud: 10:58pm On Mar 12, 2018
kingreign:

Quote me not. Quote the ïmbeçile who started it
i started it? shocked you're the lying emotional bitch with bipolar disorder.
Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by NJsimpleboi(m): 8:04pm On Mar 13, 2018
Rolls royce is owned by BMW bruv.
jaxxy:
My love for vw is pretty obvious. Vw portfolio shud even be much higher if not for the emissions test scandal that cost its several billions of dollars in fines in America and Europe, vw, Porche, Bentley, Lamborghini...

I don't see lexus on top valuable brands or probably it was classified under toyota there. Ferrari is undoubtably a very strong brand.

Benz oozes alot of class with its new collection i however don't think they did justice to the All New Gwag and aston martins progression and value change is astronomical.

Why is rolls Royce not on this list I know bmw bought over its car division bt its still a brand on its own.
Re: Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW by NJsimpleboi(m): 8:06pm On Mar 13, 2018
Apart from the German cars..... I'll prefer Honda to Toyota

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Buy This Maybach Smart Fortwo? (photos) / Brabus 900 Unveiled As The Most Powerful V12 Off-roader In The World (photos) / Help- Vsa/caution Light On 08 Honda Pilot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.