Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,476 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property (23333 Views)

Keke Napep Rider Goes Unclad As Police Demands N5000 For Bribe In Surulere / Dr. Williams Michael, The Hacker: "I Can Pull N1bn From Any Bank In Nigeria" / Kidnap Kingpin, Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Lagos Proper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by Chukazu: 5:19pm On Mar 13, 2018
Justice delayed only emboldens evil perpetrators.

This is why I don't like Democracy

If this man was in China ,by now he would have been eating " egusi soup with his ancestors" sad
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 13, 2018
Coloradvantage:
don't support nonsense illegal acts carried out by npf, bros this is democracy. .. you are not a criminal until proven guilty by a competent court of law. and why go seize someone's property without other from a court of law. simple as follow due process

people like you will donate petrol n even buy hankook brand new tyre to burn a theif who stole tin tomato .. here you are advocating for due process because ur brother that bastard is a rich thief .
did evans follow due process when he was kidnapping n taking lives ... enriching himself @ the pain of others.
#person wey do anyhow must to see anyhow ...

1 Like

Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by MiamiePizza(m): 6:07pm On Mar 13, 2018
So dey yaff not kill dis Evans Guy...he still aff mouth to tell his lawya to Sue ehnn?
I think dis Guy should be rearrested inside prison. Were did he get all dat money, haaaa, This Guy is a..

Evans the celebrity kidnapper
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by mechanics(m): 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2018
He's a joker.
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by bionixs: 6:43pm On Mar 13, 2018
kolafolabi:
Is this guy ok or his Lawyer is not ok or both are not normal
by the time this guy wins,you will wake up and discover that your are the one who is not normal. no be Media trial matter. I fear Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by Obason22(m): 6:54pm On Mar 13, 2018
so, this man still dey a life
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by uba1991: 7:12pm On Mar 13, 2018
Coloradvantage:
don't support nonsense illegal acts carried out by npf, bros this is democracy. .. you are not a criminal until proven guilty by a competent court of law. and why go seize someone's property without other from a court of law. simple as follow due process
and u still av 19 foolish pigs to like ur post
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by uss25dec: 7:20pm On Mar 13, 2018
If only d judge can ask him d source of d money he used to buy all these assets n his tax clearance certificate, then d hearing will begin!
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by lurdkriss: 7:55pm On Mar 13, 2018
See this one

Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by brojoshua: 7:57pm On Mar 13, 2018
If he gets Nigerian (corrupt) lawyers, and gives dirty but fat envelopes to Nigerian (corrupt and bribe-taking judges he will win the case, as usual. In the land and fountain of corruption, anything can happen. Just as his brothers in the house of assemblies did, that is the honorable and executive criminals and looters, how they escaped judgment. It's worrisome
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by Dollarship(m): 8:08pm On Mar 13, 2018
omooba969:

Na 1mb remain, abeg wetin happen na. cool
lol he dey show off like mad and he dey mention Evans name that he chop life pass him
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by Pennywise(m): 8:16pm On Mar 13, 2018
His lawyer is simply using him for cheap publicity. Another Festus Keyamo in the making.
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by fireback: 9:39pm On Mar 13, 2018
buhari paid billions of naira to bokoharam for the release of chibok girls and also released all the top bokoharam commanders that were detained by the past adminstration. ... now Evans who did not commit half of what bokoharam did is been detained by one sided government.
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by popcykaylah(m): 10:49pm On Mar 13, 2018
Can they just kill this walnut head already.. very useless country
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 13, 2018
Na wait, which phone is worth 30k USD?
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by 900warriorz: 12:01am On Mar 14, 2018
Coloradvantage:

chairman, forget that thing ooo! If you've heard Evans story, you should know he shouldn't even be in the land of the living. Yes, this is democracy but what guts does he have to even file a suit? A kidnapper, robber and murderer? Why is his case taking too long? Why wasn't he talking like this when he was first caught? If na me ehn, I go don run the guy matter for backyard, them for don waste am since......what nonsense! angry
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by MrGoc(m): 12:30am On Mar 14, 2018
judecares1:
Taaaaaaaaa,who give Evans d mouth to talk
. . . Wake up Bro . . We are in a democratic era . . . Know your right . . You won't be intimidated. . . Even by the government.
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by MrGoc(m): 12:37am On Mar 14, 2018
900warriorz:
chairman, forget that thing ooo! If you've heard Evans story, you should know he shouldn't even be in the land of the living. Yes, this is democracy but what guts does he have to even file a suit? A kidnapper, robber and murderer? Why is his case taking too long? Why wasn't he talking like this when he was first caught? If na me ehn, I go don run the guy matter for backyard, them for don waste am since......what nonsense! angry
. . . See your life!!! . . Do you have any evidence of all these crimes you listed . . . Make you kukuma shut up. . Before he files a law suit against you too.
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by linearity: 3:02am On Mar 14, 2018
dignity33:
If this is a sane society he certainly have case on this but I'm sorry to inform him that this is Nigeria.

Even in those ‘sane society’ the authorities can confiscate your properties if they believe that, they are proceeds of crime.

In the USA most states have assets forfeiture laws and States that don’t have them or whose laws made it difficult to get away with it, join forces with the federal government to do it and share the proceeds with the federal government.

In the USA, it is only in asset forfeiture cases that, you are adjudged guilty, until you can prove that you are innocent before a judge. You have to essentially prove that, you obtained the items seized legally and through verifiable legal income, otherwise you kiss them goodbye forever.

1 Like

Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by davibid: 6:47am On Mar 14, 2018
Fredmatic:
Why is this man case taking so much time?

It's called justice

Not guilty until proven guilty
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by CowbellY: 9:50am On Mar 14, 2018
DrMuzungu:

So, what they had to do to solve the problem, in your opinion? Take him to court? When that type of men goes to court we all know what happens. If he or his gangs took some of your family members, you would not talk like that.

If he had taken some of my family members and I haven't killed him (which means I would be committing a crime and should be prosecuted), if he's arrested alive, I would encourage the state to expedite his case so I can come testify and he be sentenced.
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by Coloradvantage(m): 10:01am On Mar 14, 2018
900warriorz:
thank God you are not in that position to do that, don't handle stuffs with emotions , story or hear say. every one is right until proven guilty.... I can tell you , many souls have been lost because of this kind of mentality, I don't support crime... but wait! do you know why efcc keep losing so many cases? people like you. follow due order of things. we all shout stop SARS! and if we are given riffles we all might do worst. bros... make una calm down there ooo
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by Coloradvantage(m): 10:03am On Mar 14, 2018
uba1991:
and u still av 19 foolish pigs to like ur post
every one can't have a mentality like yours... am sure you too will be shout STOP SARS then. there is rule of law and due process... supporting impunity is just why we seize to grow as a nation. things don't work like that.
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by Coloradvantage(m): 10:10am On Mar 14, 2018
ericsmith:

people like you will donate petrol n even buy hankook brand new tyre to burn a theif who stole tin tomato .. here you are advocating for due process because ur brother that bastard is a rich thief .
did evans follow due process when he was kidnapping n taking lives ... enriching himself @ the pain of others.
#person wey do anyhow must to see anyhow ...
lets just do the right thing for once. if his properties are seized illegally then he has the right to sue them. so far he is a suspect bros ... that is how a sane system works. the court is there to hear every once case... our law enforcement officers need to be 're trained on global best practices and process. if not they will never win a single case.
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by Coloradvantage(m): 10:14am On Mar 14, 2018
[quote author=maasoap post=65806069]
Are you telling me that you don't know the real owners of those properties or you just decided to be a devil's advocate?
Secondly, it will clear to him and his lawyers that they're fighting a lost battle. Hope you were not among the #freeEvans crew when that madness was at its peak.

I am not here to decide if the battle is lost or won! no! just that things should be done the right way. npf should learn how to do things the right way or keep losing cases in court.
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by DrMuzungu(m): 10:32am On Mar 14, 2018
CowbellY:

If he had taken some of my family members and I haven't killed him (which means I would be committing a crime and should be prosecuted), if he's arrested alive, I would encourage the state to expedite his case so I can come testify and he be sentenced.

My friend, you are a honest person. But consider this... In 2012, in Abuja, in upper parts of Asokoro (around A.Y.A. junction, people arrested two men. These two carried head of 8-years old boy. They lured him with food into their den, then killed the poor child. Journalists followed the case for two days and that was it. Case closed. Did we hear who exactly ordered boys head? No. probably a big man. Did we hear of any other arrests (of the buyer, for example)? No. Did we hear about court trial for these two child murderers? No.

What you wrote is what a decent human being would do, I applaud you for that. But, as we know, sometimes that is not enough. If a powerful person orders human parts and our loved one falls victim to that, it is unlikely that the justice will be served to ALL THOSE involved, not just the murderers but also to those who ordered it. In such cases, the only way to serve a cup of justice is to be a waiter yourself.

Police, in this case (original post!), made a huge mistake. They should jsut have followed the law, and hope that Evans will attempt the escape, then serve the justice in 7.62mm caliber.
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 14, 2018
Coloradvantage:
lets just do the right thing for once. if his properties are seized illegally then he has the right to sue them. so far he is a suspect bros ... that is how a sane system works. the court is there to hear every once case... our law enforcement officers need to be 're trained on global best practices and process. if not they will never win a single case.

the only time due process is mentioned or remembered in Nigeria is when the accused is a rich thief ,,,we citizens would start arguing n debating over rich thieves ,,they deserves due process,, dstv ,Ac,,.orthopedic bed
how are we suppose to follow due process when the legal system in place papmpers the rich n only purnish the poor. what the judges n worthless lawyers are so concerned about is how to take share of what as been stolen or embezzled by their clients ... they would explore all loopholes to free the rich theif.
if you were a victim of evans syndicate will you be clamouring for due process
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by Tunks2017(m): 12:50pm On Mar 14, 2018
baddosky1:
Between Evans and the Nigerian police, who is the bigger criminal?

Of course the Nigerian police are the bigger criminals......

Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by 900warriorz: 7:28am On Mar 15, 2018
MrGoc:
. . . See your life!!! . . Do you have any evidence of all these crimes you listed . . . Make you kukuma shut up. . Before he files a law suit against you too.

where were you when he confessed to his crimes? undecided
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by 900warriorz: 7:30am On Mar 15, 2018
Coloradvantage:
thank God you are not in that position to do that, don't handle stuffs with emotions , story or hear say. every one is right until proven guilty.... I can tell you , many souls have been lost because of this kind of mentality, I don't support crime... but wait! do you know why efcc keep losing so many cases? people like you. follow due order of things. we all shout stop SARS! and if we are given riffles we all might do worst. bros... make una calm down there ooo

why then is the court taking so long? The case don dey go 1 year now. Someone that couldn't but plead initially is now filling a suit. Some cases like this demands instant judgement.
Re: Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property by MrGoc(m): 4:49pm On Mar 19, 2018
900warriorz:
where were you when he confessed to his crimes? undecided
. . . . I was at home . . . My eyes glued to the Tv screen. . . I hate missing soccer games.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three Feared Dead As Gunmen Attack NSCDC Officers In Imo / Baba Ijesha: Nigerians Sign Petition Against Release Of Actor / Priest Shot By Herdsmen Was Among Catholics That Protested Last Week – Deji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.