Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit (2719 Views)

US Election 2020: President Trump Gives Reasons As He Rejects Election Results / Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US / Trump Fires Rex Tillerson, US Sec. of State Who Just Visited Nigeria Few Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit by SamUtaji: 4:23pm On Mar 13, 2018
Speaking to reporters outside the White House on Tuesday, Mr Trump said his differences with Mr Tillerson came down to personal "chemistry".

"We got along actually quite well, but we disagreed on things," said the president.

"When you look at the Iran deal, I think it's terrible. I guess he thought it was OK.

"I wanted to either break it or do something and he felt a little bit differently, so we were not really thinking the same.

Rex Tillerson, who as a long-time corporate executive was an unconventional pick for secretary of state, seemed like he was on thin ice from very early on in his administration tenure.

He was distrusted by veteran State Department employees, who viewed him as an outside interloper with little affinity for the organisation he headed. The president, initially enamoured with the brash Texan, quickly appeared to sour on his pick, as he frequently broke with the White House line on foreign policy.

Reportedly calling the president a slowpoke (intensified by a choice expletive) certainly didn't help, either.

Mr Tillerson did manage to hang around through those earlier controversies, outliving his earlier expectations that he would be gone by year's end. Instead he made it to March, but it was clear that this was a move some time in the making, given that Mr Trump already had successor Mike Pompeo lined up to take over the reins.

Just last week Mr Trump tweeted that he had a few more staff changes he wanted to make. Now it's clear he had one move in particular in mind.

https://tropage.com/breaking-news-trump-fires-rex-tillerson-secretary-state/
Re: Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 4:27pm On Mar 13, 2018
Anyone who looks at Trump and assumes him to be a fool must be an imbecilic daft. Trump is one smart guy who's pattern of reasoning differs and farther smarter beyond many people's understanding I have ever seen, and some people like Tillerson and the brainless dullard of Daura actually thinks they can outsmart this man who's inner motives are known to only him and the God all mighty. The federal government of the zoo no doubt must have positioned the Tillerson guy as a tool to manipulate the on going judicial process between the zoo government and the great Indigenous peoples of Biafra(IPOB) which had yesterday bared the zoo government from taking any further action against IPOB or Mazi Nnamdi Kanu pending their final judgment, these news which was hidden from circulation by the zoo authorities were also carried by other international media outlets including Radio Biafra and Biafra Television. The sack of Tillerson by Trump is not unconnected with his visit to Nigeria and his supposed discussions with the AsoRock terrorists and devils to become a virus in the Trump's administration and the judicial proceedings between IPOB and the zoo government.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit by Histrings08(m): 4:28pm On Mar 13, 2018
Wetin dey do Trump self
Re: Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit by slimfairboy(m): 4:30pm On Mar 13, 2018
I thought he was sacked after Trump told him not to visit buhari and he disobeyed!
Re: Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit by shallysgirl: 4:46pm On Mar 13, 2018
slimfairboy:
I thought he was sacked after Trump told him not to visit buhari and he disobeyed!
I believe that was one of the reasons too.
Re: Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit by saarumann: 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2018
Eziokwuegbuozoo:
Anyone who looks at Trump and assumes him to be a fool must be an imbecilic daft. Trump is one smart guy who's pattern of reasoning differs and farther smarter beyond many people's understanding I have ever seen, and some people like Tillerson and the brainless dullard of Daura actually thinks they can outsmart this man who's inner motives are known to only him and the God all mighty.
Trump is very intelligent man. Only people infected with zombiesm disagree.

5 Likes

Re: Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit by Caustics: 4:53pm On Mar 13, 2018
buhari brings shame and reproach to whoever associates with him

1 Like

Re: Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 13, 2018
Most of u laughing at Tillerson are illiterates who do not know him before he became the SOS.
He was the CEO of Exon Mobil (The world's sixth largest company) before his appointment so he is wealthy, a boss on his own and that was the reason for his insubordination most of the time.
Those ignoramus shouting it was because of his visit to Nigeria i want to ask u this...
Did Omerosa and others sacked by Trump visited Nigeria too
For the wise and simple please do this so u will know what's going on...check google to know how their problem started.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 13, 2018
Caustics:
buhari brings shame and reproach to whoever associates with him
You are absolutely wrong bro.
His sack has been on the line and Trump is a very smart person to appoint Pompeo in his place.
If u don't know, there is a trade war about to blast between US and EU with some other countries so he needs someone who can be on the counter by spying in form of visiting.
He knows that the SOS travels a lot and he needs a spy to do the job that is why he picked Pompeo unlike Rex who has no experience in gathering intel.
Remember Trump has sacked over 6 staffs from the white house since last year.
He is a smart dude because this new appointment will give him more result than Rex

1 Like

Re: Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit by Caustics: 5:17pm On Mar 13, 2018
kingkakaone:

You are absolutely wrong bro.
His sack has been on the line and Trump is a very smart person to appoint Pompeo in his place.
If u don't know, there is a trade war about to blast between US and EU with some other countries so he needs someone who can be on the counter by spying in form of visiting.
He knows that the SOS travels a lot and he needs a spy to do the job that is why he picked Pompeo unlike Rex who has no experience in gathering intel.
Remember Trump has sacked over 6 staffs from the white house since last year.
He is a smart dude because this new appointment will give him more result than Rex
I am not arguing with you at all. you are 100% right. BUT buhari was the straw that broke the camels back. How can one man carry some much bad luck around?

2 Likes

Re: Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 13, 2018
Caustics:
I am not arguing with you at all. you are 100% right. BUT buhari was the straw that broke the camels back. How can one man carry some much bad luck around?
Lols

Na wa
Re: Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 13, 2018
shallysgirl:
I believe that was one of the reasons too.
Not true.
A war is building between US and EU and Trump being smart knows he needs someone who can collect Intels
by visiting so he can be ahead of EU in their trade war.
Pompeo is the best candidate to help trump counter the EU and also defeat the rising global threats on the US economy.
Rex doesn't know anything about politics
Re: Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit by xcolanto(m): 5:36pm On Mar 13, 2018
BMC zombies trying to save their masters face after the internet associated his sacking with coming in close contact with the dullard!

grin grin grin grin grin

Omo this 30k work them suppose Don increase am o.. Typical of zombies to scramble around for anything to hold on to while defending their 5 naira per likes and share.

Carry on! Na who they pay the Piper dey dictate the tune. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit by wingmanII: 6:12pm On Mar 13, 2018
kingkakaone:
Most of u laughing at Tillerson are illiterates who do not know him before he became the SOS.
He was the CEO of Exon Mobil (The world's sixth largest company) before his appointment so he is wealthier than Trump himself and that was the reason for his insubordination most of the time.
Those ignoramus shouting it was because of his visit to Nigeria i want to ask u this...
For the wise and simple please do this so u will know what's going on...check google to know how their problem started.
He was rich but definitely not wealthier than Trump. The annual turnover from one of Trump's properties is probably larger than what ExxonMobil pays Tillerson.

5 Likes

Re: Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 13, 2018
wingmanII:

He was rich but definitely not wealthier than Trump. The annual turnover from one of Trump's properties is probably larger than what ExxonMobil pays Tillerson.
Sorry guy.
I didn't do my research properly.
Thanks for being mature in ur correction

1 Like

Re: Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit by OjukwuWarBird: 12:45am On Mar 20, 2018
Eziokwuegbuozoo:
Anyone who looks at Trump and assumes him to be a fool must be an imbecilic daft. Trump is one smart guy who's pattern of reasoning differs and farther smarter beyond many people's understanding I have ever seen, and some people like Tillerson and the brainless dullard of Daura actually thinks they can outsmart this man who's inner motives are known to only him and the God all mighty. The federal government of the zoo no doubt must have positioned the Tillerson guy as a tool to manipulate the on going judicial process between the zoo government and the great Indigenous peoples of Biafra(IPOB) which had yesterday bared the zoo government from taking any further action against IPOB or Mazi Nnamdi Kanu pending their final judgment, these news which was hidden from circulation by the zoo authorities were also carried by other international media outlets including Radio Biafra and Biafra Television. The sack of Tillerson by Trump is not unconnected with his visit to Nigeria and his supposed discussions with the AsoRock terrorists and devils to become a virus in the Trump's administration and the judicial proceedings between IPOB and the zoo government.

Have you heard any news about the March 16 judgment involving the 16 Nigerian officials.?

Pls, I.will like to know.
Re: Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit by Kophschmerzen: 2:13am On Mar 20, 2018
Too many ignoramus holding a gathering of falsehood. If the response here, represent the opinion of the average Nigerian, then y'all are all brain dead. Drumpf is an irrational man child with the IQ of a doorknob. He's on a sacking spree because of idiotic ego and inexperience and has nothing to do with Nigerian president.

Y'all illiterate can educate yourself here. https://www.usatoday.com/amp/382984002 . Moreover majority of us here loathe the POS that's why his approval rating is at 32 percent and all the GOP guy he supported in special elections keep losing even in red counties and precincts.
Re: Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 7:13pm On Mar 20, 2018
OjukwuWarBird:

Have you heard any news about the March 16 judgment involving the 16 Nigerian officials.?

Pls, I.will like to know.
You don't need to worry your little mind because it won't rain on you but those it concerns.
Re: Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit by mikolo80: 3:02am On Mar 28, 2018
kingkakaone:
He was the CEO of Exon Mobil (The world's sixth largest company) before his appointment so he is wealthier than Trump himself and that was the reason for his insubordination most of the time.
how is 300 million wealthier than 3 to 10 billion
you think yua talking to illiterates here
this is not local politics section o

(1) (Reply)

What African President dated The Wives Of his subordinates / Don't Ever Forget The "True" Face Of Islam:GRAPHIC Photos of ISIS Atrocities / Think Twice Before Labeling South Africans As "Naturally" Xenophobic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.