Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa (25709 Views)

Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. / NFF Rejects Keshi’s 42-man List For Malawi / Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by OvieE: 2:04am On May 03, 2010
12large:

look at the full. peter Uta have scored 26 goals in all come tition this season while
Kan-3 goals
martins- 6 goals
Yakut- 5goals
obis- 7goals
obiing-4 goals

so overall these 5 strikers have scored 25 one goal short of peter Uta, and the monkey say we should drop Uta. imagine a lazy naughty person like Kan and Yakut going to world cup while p.Uta stays home. talking about midfield this monkey thinks world cup is a place for all defensive midfielders, i mean what the point of taking Algonquian,Kit and Ayala when there is Mikel auteur and agiler.i don't know why all these American-Nigerians come to these forums and start suggesting absolutely non-seance Dosi please stay with American football.

Is very unfortunate of you to insult Nigerian-Americans. Is it a sign of jealousness or frustration for not able to secure visa out. The poster is just making his own strategy of how the team should look and play the game if the coach knows his job. He didn't stop you from suggesting your opinion of Nigeria team. Stop hating.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by 12large: 2:39am On May 03, 2010
it is not a sign of jealousy, just annoying i don't like when people that don't know anything about football just come here and start talking rubbish
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by sley4life(m): 4:16am On May 03, 2010
i dont believe this list
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by kabarka(m): 5:55am On May 03, 2010
The final list is not out,nobody shld bother lagerback after all his contract is short term,if he does well ,he gets longer contract.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by totalfact(m): 6:48am On May 03, 2010
What of the 5 home-based invited.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by papaejima2: 7:00am On May 03, 2010
Please dear Super Eagles fans, the list(s) posted here is not the official list. They are just imagination of the posters. And please, no one should ever mention Amodu's name here again. Do you know how many people got high BP during his last spell as coach of the team? Even Lagerback fails, Amodu would have "failed more".
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by fxmaxony(m): 8:26am On May 03, 2010
Though the list is speculation, it does not conform with what the technical adviser has been saying this days about injecting new blood in the team,

He has been going round Europe to fish out Nigerian in a good form For the mun dial, I have not seen much of The injection in the list.

But a greater part of our football mistake is in football administration.

Largerback is preparing for world cup , EFCC is considering sweeping the football house of the fraud committed in Contacting him - what a distraction
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by bishoprccg(m): 9:10am On May 03, 2010
I wish to state here, that the list is not official.
It is my personal compilation based on the present situation on ground.
Lagerback may likely. I use the word likely, because there may be three or four changes.
He may likely use a bulk of the nations cup squad to prosecute the WC.
As for the home based players, i believe they may not be given a chance, unless the NFF insist that
one of them should be selected.
Again the question we must ask ourself, is : Are the home based players better than the foreign based?
Again, the list of 23 players is not officially out.
Suggestions as to who does not deserve to be in the final 23, and who deserve to be there are welcome
thanks

www.grelohi.com
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by SleekReek(m): 9:45am On May 03, 2010
LagerBack has such a short time to prepare and the NFF are not helping matters by not organizing top grade friendlies.So the coach will simply use tested and experienced players and try to blend them into a formidable team and of cause inject new players but lets remember he can he can only go with 23.

From his statements,i believe Peter Utaka,Rabiu Afolabi,Michael Odibe,Haruna Lukeman,Ike Uche will definitely make the 23 man list with some regular oldies and possible a shock inclusion of John Utaka or Victor Anichebe.Whether they will be in his starting 11 against Argentina is another thing,but i suspect he will play two defensive midfielders Etuhu and probably Mikel(if he decides to use him as a DM) or Sanni or Kaita,then i also know that most of our fast strikers may be utilized as wingers and he will find two tough rugged central defender pairings to curtail the Argentine attack along with the two DM's.

Lagerback is very scientific in his approach to coaching moreso with limited preparation time,he will be banking on tapes he watches of our players and our players must be wary of messing up in any friendly or training because i doubt if he will have the luxury of giving any player a second chance to impress him,because he will go with various type of players based  on speed,vision,ability to follow instructions to the letter,level of concentration in a tense match situation,fitness level and finally hunger/Drive.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by Digriz(m): 9:49am On May 03, 2010
@poster
u mean your own list?
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by Olamummy1: 11:02am On May 03, 2010
Lars, You need someone like Sia*2 to help. You have come out with a good list, i will back it up with prayers.
Happy tournament Naija cool
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by eldee(m): 11:15am On May 03, 2010
@poster

This topic is misleading maynne . . . you made it look it was a confirmed list.
Even when you said 'most likely', you were making it sound like it was Largerback's choice for now.

You should have placed a notice there saying it wasn't the one from the manager.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by adeniyie(m): 11:40am On May 03, 2010
this is rubbish where is rabiu ibrahim,uche ikechukwu obinna nsofor,etc,are these not  the set of players that went to the nations cup and played rubbish.I dont know what ayegbeni is still on that list.this is absolutely uncompleted list.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by sley4life(m): 11:57am On May 03, 2010
YAKUBULL should be dropped. That guy is a a fart(fat) ar.se. Eneramo must be included in that list
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by OvieE: 12:22pm On May 03, 2010
fxmaxony:

Though the list is speculation, it does not conform with what the technical adviser has been saying this days about injecting new blood in the team,

He has been going round Europe to fish out Nigerian in a good form For the mun dial, I have not seen much of The injection in the list.

But a greater part of our football mistake is in football administration.

Largerback is preparing for world cup , EFCC is considering sweeping the football house of the fraud committed in Contacting him - what a distraction

What do you want Lagerback to do. First of all, clubs are not letting their players to go anywhere so the only thing the coach can do is move around. He was hired to do a job at a bad time so let him do everything he can. We all call for new coach and we got one so what is the fuse. Is not is fault that Nigeria soccer is so backward.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by Freiburger(m): 12:50pm On May 03, 2010
What is Kanu still going there to do?
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by Hakeemval: 1:22pm On May 03, 2010
lol
Naija people,

Can we speculate the bench as well?

Lagerback (Chief Coach)
Daniel Amokachi (Assistant Coach)
Anderson (Assistant Coach)
Alloy Agu (Goalkeeper trainer)
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by suedoh2006(m): 1:28pm On May 03, 2010
Sweet. Kanu is playing grin
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by emirati: 2:49pm On May 03, 2010
cool tongue undecided o seeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by SleekReek(m): 2:53pm On May 03, 2010
What is Kanu still going there to do?

Lagerback says Kanu brings luck,also he is our most experienced player,in the 3rd place match against Algeria who will agree with me that the midfield was more mobile with Kanu in it.You can't take it away from Kanu,he is a good and intelligent footballer and we need him in the world cup team.

this is rubbish where is rabiu ibrahim,uche ikechukwu obinna nsofor,
Rabiu Ibrahim is a good midfielder but his lack of playing time and coupled with his inexperience at the big stage will count against him,Amodu should have exposed him at the Cup of Nations,well he didn't and tommorrow we will start crying wolf when Mikel says he want to retire.

Obinna Nsofor may not be fully fit before the world cup and besides between him,Ogbuke,Osaze,Ike Uche,Martins,bearing in mind only 23 can make it and some new blood will be injected into the team,he may not make it.

Uche Ikechukwu will need to be fully fit before the world cup and prove beyond any reasonable doubt,that the injury may not reoccur,the last thing you want is one of your 23 players get injured or not being fully fit.Apart from this Ike Uche should surely make it to the World cup,he is a good striker.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by Oking1(m): 4:39pm On May 03, 2010
undecidedcan someone please explain to me the difference between this team and the one Shuaibu Amodu took to the Nations cup that we almost crucified for their lack of commitment.i thought Lagarback was only using very little of shuibu's team
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by category(m): 5:01pm On May 03, 2010
@ Poster,
How can u leave Nsofor and the 2 Uche's out of ur world cup squard?
Na wa for u oh!
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by 12large: 5:11pm On May 03, 2010
the guy is a real idiot. how can he leaves our 2 top scorers ike uche and obinna and puts in 2 extremely lazy players yakubu and kanu. ik uche must go to world cup, we would likely play france in 2nd round and ike uche would teach them lesson again
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by hulksta: 5:13pm On May 03, 2010
Why is Kanu on the roster?  His time came and went. His experience is no longer needed.  I believe we are in the 21st century; not 1996.  I would prefer R.Yekini over this dude.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by category(m): 5:30pm On May 03, 2010
If any old cargo must be on this list
then it should definatly be Garba Lawal or TJ Babangiga.
Kanu my nyash,
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by 12large: 5:55pm On May 03, 2010
lets be real we need experience for world cup, so am picking players i don't care if they are good, but so long as they are experienced

peter rufai

odiah taribo west yobo babayaro

obi mikel

etim esin jj okocha

finidi

yakubu kanu

this team is experienced
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by SleekReek(m): 6:30pm On May 03, 2010
@12large  You are very funny indeed wink

We get your point we need experience but not this type of experience,haba you want us to be disgraced at the world cup,most of these players have retired and can not dream of playing again ever.! grin The bottomline is a balance of old and new,the World Cup is not for experimenting but for implementation,we need to miss up things a bit but not over do it,Lagerback is an experienced coach who wants to suceed and with the short time he has,he will lean more towards experience than younger fresh players!The nations Cup was when we should have experimented but alas it didn't happen because Amodu was under pressure from NFF and of cause the guy wanted to keep his job so he went with the old,trusted and tested veterans of the Nigerian football team!
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by shilling(f): 6:35pm On May 03, 2010
Can the title be changed? It's super misleading.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by 12large: 7:11pm On May 03, 2010
sleek reek what am trying to say is that people are using this experience excuse too much. if not why would a player like kanu,yakubu sstill be in this team. people say kanu is lucky, but what has his luck done for us in the last 10 years nothing
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by kabarka(m): 8:57pm On May 03, 2010
the poster has said its his personal imaginary list.just air ur view.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by Akosbaba(m): 11:25pm On May 03, 2010
how about the siena defender?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Ukraine: Bonaventure Replaces Onyekuru / Ancelotti Wants Osimhen At Real Madrid / Musa Scores Brace: Leicester 2 - 4 Barcelona ( Champions Cup ) Video Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.