Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa (25708 Views)

Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. / NFF Rejects Keshi’s 42-man List For Malawi / Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by mamagee3(f): 1:00am On May 04, 2010
I'm so happy Kanu Nwankwo would be there, Can't wait to watch the World Cup
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by haronky7: 4:39am On May 04, 2010
It's very interesting that some of you guys say this man has a short term contract and Amodu shouldnt be mentioned because he would have "failed more" because he gave us a heart attack with his unenterprising, lazy and 'ancient' but experienced legs

But the reality of things is that 'failure' is still failure - someone who failed 'a bit' and he who failed much in my opinion belong to the same class; if this is a draft or indeed a real list, we very much will need the services of not only experienced legs (like Kanu, or even Rufai as somebody said grin) but Angels on the field to get out of the group stage

To say the football house hasnt supported Lars very much by playing friendlies isnt new but a perrenial problem, and a short term contract (which fortunately for him is on a very plum and eye-watering salary that he probably cant get in his home country and no indigenous coach can even dream of getting) is no excuse not to get the result

We as a nation are quite passionate about football and often unrealistic and expecting a lot, but not doing enough to develop new and fresh legs that are good enough to play top-flight football around the world, and to patiently develop a cohesive team over time through continuity like the 94 team. We very much like 'fire brigade approach', which is a sign of absolute administrative laziness all the way down from the football house

Unlike in places like Brazil, our players dont have to compete for shirts, but only need to know the right people and just lazily stroll into the camp even though they havent been playing well (or playing at all for months) and often with tons of injury (not surprisingly even in whole leg POP)

Without mincing words or fear of criticism, I honestly want to watch good football in this world cup, wishing the best team to clinch the title, not necessarily expecting (all in the name of patriotism or passion for the Eagles) a crap team to 'wobble and fumble' to the final cool cool . Reality could be painful but it's better than fantasy in my opinion!
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by SleekReek(m): 7:47am On May 04, 2010
sleek reek what am trying to say is that people are using this experience excuse too much. if not why would a player like kanu,yakubu still be in this team. people say kanu is lucky, but what has his luck done for us in the last 10 years nothing

@12large
I understand perfectly what you are saying.I agree with you that Yakubu has no business in the World cup,we have better quality strikers in Ike Uche,Peter Utaka and Martins,Obasi,Nsofor any day but Kanu is needed even if it's to play for 15minutes to change out Kalu Uche or Haruna in the midfield,i believe he can make a difference.Of cause we can't ride on luck in the World cup but NFF didn't do there homework well,for instance Rabiu is quite skillfull and should have been guided and helped to go to a big club or in the very least taking to the Nations Cup,what of Emmanuel Ekpo,Wilson Oruma, these are all creative midfielders who are not on the 44 man list.I know that with our shoddy preparation and present players, we may not make it out of the group(and that will be heart breaking,so i'm not putting too much of heart on the Nigerian team),but due to Patriotism i hope by some miracle/luck we go further than the knock out round and that's why i want Kanu's luck in the team.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by sinistyle(m): 8:20am On May 04, 2010
Are these not the same Amodu boys?
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by favouredjb(f): 11:02am On May 04, 2010
@poster,that topic is so misleading

amunike,okocha,siasia,eguavon babayaro,odegbami etc should be added,if its experienced players some of you really crave for
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by sevo(m): 11:10am On May 04, 2010
among d list of defenders, na who wan hold d likes of messi, tevez, aguero, huigain?
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by cjomeje1: 4:58pm On May 04, 2010
kanu-3 goals
martins- 6 goals
yakubu- 5goals
obasi- 7goals
obinna-4 goals

so overall these 5 strikers have scored 25 goals.

i,m afraid for the total nnmber of goals COLLECTIVELY SCORED BY ALL OUR ATTACKERS IS NOT UP TO THE NUMBER OF GOALS SCORED BY ONLY "God have Messi" in LaLiga this season. so the analogy is obvious that there is no credibility in our attackers and the whole line up of defenders can't contain this talisman , Messi. Lagabak should either play Morihyo style against Messi or kiss his job good bye after group stage as Amodu will still join the team shopping for his replacement.

note: Messi can confortable play one -on-one with Yobo and Shitu to score Enyama as he did with Arsenal's Slivester. so why those unstable defenders for the world cup for God's sake?
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by 12large: 5:58pm On May 04, 2010
idiot any normal coach should pai apam and adeleye against argentina, and if they do messi would be fairly handled like they did in olympics
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by Freiburger(m): 9:34pm On May 04, 2010
Obasi 7 goal lol. grin
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by BloodShed1: 11:11pm On May 04, 2010
cjomeje1:

kanu-3 goals
martins- 6 goals
yakubu- 5goals
obasi- 7goals
obinna-4 goals

so overall these 5 strikers have scored 25 goals.

It would be utterly outrageous if Mike Eneramo and Peter Utaka were left out of the squad. Both are the top scorers in their respective leagues.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by uyakachi(m): 1:25am On May 05, 2010
lets look at the second list for thw world cup i think it makes sense more than the first one
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by Nobody: 9:26am On May 05, 2010
someone once said lagerback is just amodu in another complexion! hahahahha!
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by agabaI23(m): 11:12am On May 05, 2010
Why is Victor moses not in that list? That guy is doing things at Wigan.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by OvieE: 1:17pm On May 05, 2010
So many people compare Nigeria strikers. What about Argentina players who can score anytime with thier prospective clubs but cannot do the same when it comes to play international (Argentina). Everything is 50-50 until game end.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by bishoprccg(m): 3:00pm On May 05, 2010
if u ask my opinion, i prefer the defensive pair of Adeleye and Apam to Yobo and shittu

www.grelohi.com
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by omamokta: 3:38pm On May 05, 2010
Source of info? What is Yakubu doing there, what of Peter Utaka, anyway i dont believe it till we hear from Lagerback.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by suprted(m): 5:02am On May 06, 2010
where does peter utaka play, sweden? is that even a league? hisssss.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by moonraker(m): 5:23am On May 06, 2010
I really really dont understand what the hell is going on?? ahhhhhhha How can we say that

we are going to a world cup where you have the best of the best teams in the world and

you still dont have a list of players that are heading to S.A?? it is only in nigeria that this sort

of thing happens, its a known fact. prepare well and get results, God will not save us if we dont

work hard or put any sort of effort, look @ argentina. 80% of the squad that will play against

nigeria has been named already, the koreans and the greeks are playing friendlies like no man

business (GRADE A). Nigeria?? buahahahah, the only friendly i remember is against congo drc??

abeg, lets just go and lose and come back o jare, This nigerian way of doing things just annoys me big time,
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by sevo(m): 11:19am On May 06, 2010
idiot any normal coach should pai apam and adeleye against argentina, and if they do messi would be fairly handled like they did in olympics,

and then the likes of tevez, huguain and agueruo should run wild and bang goals like mad abi?
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by chidichris(m): 7:25am On May 07, 2010
idiot any normal coach should pai apam and adeleye against argentina, and if they do messi would be fairly handled like they did in olympics

@12large,
no matter how frustrated u are in life, u must know that u are not there alone.
this is a sports forum and not a war forum.
ppl with enough information are discussing ways forward and u are here doing the work of a dog - barking.
if u are not mentally sound, why not try yaba mental rehablitation home? ur ppl must have known ur status by now as in giving u the required assistance because it is risky to have u be all on ur own.
the coach in question was contracted to take a decission or make selection that he considers best for the sa 2010 showdown hence i urge us to give him the opportunity and free hands to do the work for which he has been paid.
the stupid thing about nigeria is that they always want to get a coach while boarding a flight to a tournament.
if this coach had enough time for this preparation, he wld have engaged certain players in some matches and see how they fair.
our angola matches shld have given this coach the options he needs to form the best team for the sa games.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by bishoprccg(m): 9:29am On May 07, 2010
@chidichris
Tks Chidichris for lecturing 12large about decorum.
i wonder why d guy is still in d forum.
Nairaland administrators shld have banned him long ago.
All d same what u said really made some sense
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by abrahym(m): 11:08am On May 07, 2010
What a list
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by deb(m): 12:10pm On May 07, 2010
@poster

IKE UCHE IS MISSING ON THAT LIST  shocked

That is the best Nigerian striker after Obagoal. He came back from injury to bang in two goals in just his 2nd match and probably
his first start of a match.
The guy is exceptional so your list of strikers is incomplete
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by deb(m): 12:14pm On May 07, 2010
sinistyle:

Are these not the same Amodu boys?

And are they not the same Eguavoen boys, Siasia boys and Berti Vogt's boys?

Yusuf Mohammed is the only thing I remember Amodu brought to the team and he is injured and not even our best
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by roddypiper: 2:00pm On May 07, 2010
I cannot believe that grandpa Kanu is still included in the National squad. This is an outrage. That dude is well past his sell by date. This is one of the reasons why Nigerian Football is on it's way down.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by Iyineda(m): 3:06pm On May 07, 2010
deb:

@poster

IKE UCHE IS MISSING ON THAT LIST  shocked

That is the best Nigerian striker after Obagoal. He came back from injury to bang in two goals in just his 2nd match [/b]and probably
his first start of a match.
The guy is exceptional so your list of strikers is incomplete

Err, that was [b]Kalu
Uche (Almeria), his older bro. undecided
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by COco102: 8:40am On May 14, 2010

How much is their football jersey in Nigeria? I've checked the prices here and 1 cost about R599 shocked each

Thank u in advance!
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by eros(m): 6:55pm On May 15, 2010
Like they would win the world cup. . . .LOSERS angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by Princek12(m): 4:52pm On May 16, 2010
Lars should include Goodluck Jonathan to his list; he will bring the team "good luck."
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by Iyineda(m): 5:19pm On May 16, 2010
^^^ Yeeaaah, I'm sure nobody else thought of that joke. ¬¬
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by Naade: 2:25pm On May 17, 2010
i tink d major problem we have wit d team is lack of  creative midfielders. d pace of our play is too slow and predictable. we realy need 2 work on dis. d players also need 2 try and keep possesion, d attackers shuld be more aggresive and improve on there ability 2 shot on target. d defenders shuld make sure messi, Aguiro $ Teves do not hav access 2 ball in d 18 yard box if not,  u know nah!
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by danidon: 11:36am On May 31, 2010
The revelation from the friendlies so far is Lukeman and he is a sure bet for a starting line up in the world cup

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Ukraine: Bonaventure Replaces Onyekuru / Ancelotti Wants Osimhen At Real Madrid / Musa Scores Brace: Leicester 2 - 4 Barcelona ( Champions Cup ) Video Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.