Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! (4756 Views)

Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? / My Horific Experience With Itel Mobile(s16pro) / 9mobile Offers Bonus Data With Itel Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by onlinetrade: 2:14pm On Mar 14, 2018
My Itel 1516 Plus which I bought in August 2017 suddenly stopped working (in March 2018, Less Than 1 Year)!!!

I took it to their office in opebbi Ikeja (on 9th March, 2018) and was told it would be repaired FREE OF CHARGE (SINCE IT WAS STILL UNDER WARRANTY) (THE CARLCARE ATTENDANT OBSERVED THE PHONE PROPERLY, SAW THAT THERE WAS NO CRACKS ON IT OR SIGNS THAT IT FELL BEFORE SHE RECEIVED IT AND ACCEPTED IT FOR FREE REPAIR)

WENT BACK TODAY (14th March, 2018) and was told to pay #8,200 if i wanted it to work!!! (A phone I bought last year for #20,500)

THE MOST ABSURD OF ALL WAS WHEN I ASKED WHY I NEEDED TO PAY #8,200. The attendant responded that there was a little dent on the touch screen and that if the item was repaired, the touch screen WILL SPOIL grin grin grin. And that the cost was FOR CRACKS on the touch screen!! VERY FUNNY REALLY... (See attached pics, are these dents/wear&tear markings CRACKS?)

Just to think of it that Itel, Techno and Infinix recently sent some Naija Tech Bloggers to China to SEE THEIR GREAT FACTORIES AND OTHER FACILITIES ( cool. RATHER THAN DO THIS, THEY SHOULD FOCUS ON BUILDING GREAT PRODUCTS LIKE XIAOMI, HUAWEI, MEIZU which are internationally acceptable brands!!!

I will be attaching proofs of my escapades with Carlcare. And I know many other Nigerians are in my shoes. This should not be the case!!!

itelMobileNG, Carlcaresophia, MissTechy

Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by CarlcareOpebi(f): 3:47pm On Mar 14, 2018
onlinetrade:
My Itel 1516 Plus which I bought in August 2017 suddenly stopped working (in March 2018, Less Than 1 Year)!!!

I took it to their office in opebbi Ikeja (on 9th March, 2018) and was told it would be repaired FREE OF CHARGE (SINCE IT WAS STILL UNDER WARRANTY).

WENT BACK TODAY (14th March, 2018) and was told to pay #8,200 if i wanted it to work!!! (A phone I bought last year for #20,500)

THE MOST ABSURD OF ALL WAS WHEN I ASKED WHY I NEEDED TO PAY #8,200. The attendant responded that there was a little dent on the touch screen and that if the item was repaired, the touch screen WILL SPOIL grin grin grin. And that the cost was that of the touch screen!! VERY FUNNY REALLY...

Just to think of it that Itel, Techno and Infinix recently sent some Naija Tech Bloggers to China to SEE THEIR GREAT FACTORIES AND OTHER FACILITIES ( cool. RATHER THAN DO THIS, THEY SHOULD FOCUS ON BUILDING GREAT PRODUCTS LIKE XIAOMI, HUAWEI, MEIZU which are internationally acceptable brands!!!

I will be attaching proofs of my escapades with this CHINESE COMPANY swindling Nigerians. And I know many other Nigerians are in my shoes. Until we can actually ascertain the quality (and serviceability) of Itel, Techno & Infnix phones, I'll advice you STAY AWAY...

itelMobileNG, Carlcaresophia, MissTechy

Hi @onlinetrade My apologies for the inconvenience you've experienced. Since you were dissatisfied with the service, you should've asked to see a Manager. Kindly forward your details to our facebook page - www.facebook.com/CarlcareServiceNG

1 Like

Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by onlinetrade: 4:19pm On Mar 14, 2018
CarlcareOpebi:

Hi @onlinetrade My apologies for the inconvenience you've experienced. Since you were dissatisfied with the service, you should've asked to see a Manager. Kindly forward your details to our facebook page - www.facebook.com/CarlcareServiceNG

I must say your attendants are quite poor at customer service: really really poor. This time around they've done it to the wrong person.

I WILL CONTINUE TO SPREAD THIS MESSAGE UNTIL SOMETHING IS DONE ABOUT IT!!!

1 Like

Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by onlinetrade: 1:53pm On Mar 15, 2018
CarlcareOpebi:

Sent details still no response from Carlcare....
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by Dokun7: 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2018
I don't know what to say 'bout this but I'm using one of the brand mentioned and my phone spoilt before it got to a year and it was repaired free.... I took it to carlcare office @ife
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by onlinetrade: 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2018
Dokun7:
I don't know what to say 'bout this but I'm using one of the brand mentioned and my phone spoilt before it got to a year and it was repaired free.... I took it to carlcare office @ife

Mine wasn't!!!!
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by Rubiesangel: 3:29pm On Mar 15, 2018
There are warranty terms and conditions, be sure that you haven't breached any of them.
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by Psoulsport(m): 3:32pm On Mar 15, 2018
Have you tried taking your device to Carlcare? It happened to me with my tecno phantom and I took it to Carlcare.
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by onlinetrade: 3:44pm On Mar 15, 2018
Rubiesangel:
There are warranty terms and conditions, be sure that you haven't breached any of them.

please note they agreed to do it FREE OF CHARGE (HAVING CHECKED TO ENSURE WARRANTY CONDITIONS WER STILL VALID!!!)
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by onlinetrade: 3:48pm On Mar 15, 2018
Psoulsport:
Have you tried taking your device to Carlcare? It happened to me with my tecno phantom and I took it to Carlcare.

Bros Calcare is where I took it tooo. My issue is with the deceitful nature. How can you say I need to pay 8,200 for touch screen that is not damaged!!!
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by onlinetrade: 3:57pm On Mar 15, 2018
Carlcare Facebook Response to my phone issues:

"Good afternoon Adeyemi, it's great to connect with you. My apology for the delay in response.
After some enquiries, it was discovered that your device had a crack.
This is the reason it was not fixed
We collect devices in the best conditions only & where it's not so, we charge for repair"

VERY VERY ABSURD REALLY. A PHONE THAT DID NOT FALL DOWN! WITHOUT ANY DOUBT THIS IS A MANUFACTURER DEFECT BECAUSE OTHER USERS HAVE SIMILAR ISSUES!!!
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by Godwin978(m): 4:09pm On Mar 15, 2018
your Itel spoil you no Focus on itel name alone you include Tecno and Infinix name, since you want quality why not go for Samsung/Apple them? na common itel of 20500 you dey chant up and down, like say you fit afford Infinix Mobile

2 Likes

Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by onlinetrade: 4:11pm On Mar 15, 2018
Godwin978:
your Itel spoil you no Focus on itel name alone you include Tecno and Infinix name, since you want quality why not go for Samsung/Apple them? na common itel of 20500 you dey chant up and down, like say you fit afford Infinix Mobile

Bros its not just about the money. Warranty should be warranty! Not too think of similar experiences of people I have heard!
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by onlinetrade: 4:14pm On Mar 15, 2018
Its like saying you give warranty for an item, then something happens, and you then begin to look for excuses not too honour the warranty
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by Behankey(m): 6:13pm On Mar 15, 2018
Sorry o. But there's warranty though. A colleague bought the Camon cX and the screen fot spoilt in the first month. Tecno swapped the screen for him for free. Coz it has a free screen replacement warranty.
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by Godwin978(m): 8:07pm On Mar 15, 2018
onlinetrade:

Bros its not just about the money. Warranty should be warranty! Not too think of similar experiences of people I have heard!
sorry sha, if i were you i will take the phone to a local repairer, and get it fixed at a low price
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by henry007(m): 11:46pm On Mar 15, 2018
onlinetrade:
Its like saying you give warranty for an item, then something happens, and you then begin to look for excuses not too honour the warranty

Even Apple warranty doesn't mean free fixes for every issue. Warranty would have been called insurance if that was the case.
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by henrixx(m): 11:54pm On Mar 15, 2018
onlinetrade:

oga your noise plenty. post pics of your phone let us see that there's no crack.

Na people wey buy cheap fones like this dey cry highest cry. you no know say huawei and meizu dey before you buy itel. by the time you buy huawei 80k and it spoil maybe Na suicide. no phone brand is immune to faults. go to gsm arena and check reviews of most of these worshipped international brands and see multiple complaints that will shock you.
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by onlinetrade: 1:59am On Mar 16, 2018
henrixx:
oga your noise plenty. post pics of your phone let us see that there's no crack.

Na people wey buy cheap fones like this dey cry highest cry. you no know say huawei and meizu dey before you buy itel. by the time you buy huawei 80k and it spoil maybe Na suicide. no phone brand is immune to faults. go to gsm arena and check reviews of most of these worshipped international brands and see multiple complaints that will shock you.

Pics attached Bro. Lots of tecno/infnix on your profile for sales (https://www.nairaland.com/henrixx). Not surprised you defending them!!!

2 Likes

Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by onlinetrade: 2:00am On Mar 16, 2018
Godwin978:
sorry sha, if i were you i will take the phone to a local repairer, and get it fixed at a low price

My guess is the board or something is gone (IN LESS THAN A YEAR)! Most repairers won't attend to this!
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by onlinetrade: 2:02am On Mar 16, 2018
henry007:

Even Apple warranty doesn't mean free fixes for every issue. Warranty would have been called insurance if that was the case.

This is not about 'EVERY ISSUE'. A phone should not just go blank dead in less than a year (many other users of infnix/itel/tecno have reported this same issue). IT IS A DEFECT FROM SOURCE
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by onlinetrade: 2:03am On Mar 16, 2018
onlinetrade:

This is not about 'EVERY ISSUE'. A phone should not just go blank dead in less than a year (many other users of infnix/itel/tecno have reported this same issue). IT IS A DEFECT FROM SOURCE

It didn't fall, wasn't charging when this happened. I just put in my pocket, picked it out and it was blank dead!!!
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by henry007(m): 3:17am On Mar 16, 2018
onlinetrade:

But isn't it common knowledge for phone users that when you break/crack your phone screen, warranty won't cover you should your phone not turn on sometime in the future?
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by onlinetrade: 3:24am On Mar 16, 2018
henry007:

But isn't it common knowledge for phone users that when you break/crack your phone screen, warranty won't cover you should your phone not turn on sometime in the future?

The problem here IS NOT A CRACK. THE PROBLEM IS PHONE SUDDENLY WENT DEAD
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by henry007(m): 3:27am On Mar 16, 2018
onlinetrade:

The problem here IS NOT A CRACK. THE PROBLEM IS PHONE SUDDENLY WENT DEAD

I didn't say the problem is a crack. Is the phone cracked or not?

onlinetrade:

"Good afternoon Adeyemi, it's great to connect with you. My apology for the delay in response.
After some enquiries, it was discovered that your device had a crack.
This is the reason it was not fixed
We collect devices in the best conditions only & where it's not so, we charge for repair"
[/b]
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by onlinetrade: 3:29am On Mar 16, 2018
henry007:

bROS I see you are promoting the Tecno/Itel brand (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB1KCA2K9ZJRy0Cds8plXKQ/videos) so I don't expect you to say less (they pay you). You are NOT NEUTRAL in a situation like these. Let real users comment!!!

1 Like

Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by onlinetrade: 3:30am On Mar 16, 2018
henry007:

I didn't say the problem is a crack. Is the phone cracked or not?

ITS NOT BRO!!! SEE PICS!!! ARE THOSE PAINT PEEL OFF CRACKS? BY THE WAY YOU'RE SPEAKING WITH A BLOGGER AS WELL!!!
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by henry007(m): 3:34am On Mar 16, 2018
onlinetrade:

bROS I see you are promoting the Tecno/Itel brand (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB1KCA2K9ZJRy0Cds8plXKQ/videos) so I don't expect you to say less (they pay you). You are NOT NEUTRAL in a situation like these. Let real users comment!!!

Thanks for promoting my YouTube channel grin
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by onlinetrade: 3:35am On Mar 16, 2018
henry007:

Thanks for promoting my YouTube channel grin

You're welcome sir grin. But sincerely speaking I can see you review Xiaomi phones and probably brands like Huawei, Meizu etc... Advice your people (Tecno/Itel/Infinix) to step up in quality of parts used in their phones!!!

I will be raising a new thread for ANYONE WHO HAS HAD SIMILAR EXPERIENCE TO SHARE, THAT WAY IT WILL BE KNOWN BY OTHERS BEFORE THEY BUY!!!
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by henry007(m): 3:42am On Mar 16, 2018
onlinetrade:

ITS NOT BRO!!! SEE PICS!!! ARE THOSE PAINT PEEL OFF CRACKS? BY THE WAY YOU'RE SPEAKING WITH A BLOGGER AS WELL!!!

Easy on capslock, no be fight.

That pic wasn't there before + I can only see 1/5 of the entire screen/body.

What does being a blogger have to do with anything? undecided
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by onlinetrade: 3:45am On Mar 16, 2018
henry007:

Easy on capslock, no be fight.

That pic wasn't there before + I can only see 1/5 of the entire screen/body.

What does being a blogger have to do with anything? undecided

Bros even if the screen is cracked at least make the phone work first! How can you prove a crack on a phone THAT DOESN'T POWER ON!!!
Re: My issues with Itel 1516 Plus, Warranty not Honoured!!! by henry007(m): 3:50am On Mar 16, 2018
onlinetrade:

Bros even if the screen is cracked at least make the phone work first! How can you prove a crack on a phone THAT DOESN'T POWER ON!!!

If you cannot, you have to know that the people who manufacture phones absolutely can. It probably takes less than a minute too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vk World Vk700 The Cheapest, The Largest, The Best Android Budget Phone / Deleted / SAD-MTN Reviews Data Plan Cost As Promised, See New Changes Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.