Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Why Stephen Hawking Got It Wrong... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Stephen Hawking Got It Wrong... (855 Views)

There Is No Heaven It Is A Fairy Story:Stephen Hawking / A Message From Stephen Hawking In HELL / Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Stephen Hawking Got It Wrong... by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:27pm On Mar 14, 2018
Why Stephen Hawking got it wrong...

A great mind in a broken body. whist I disagree with his absurd explanation for the cause of the "Big Ban" (I prefer his earlier views), he was a model of how the mind can compensate for a physical disability and therefore a model for us all, especially those who suffer so.

He is famous for many inspiring quotes but he failed miserably with the following explanation for the "Big Bang". He said that "because there are physical laws such as gravity the Universe can and will create itself."

However, it is generally accepted that these physical laws only came into existence with the Creation of the so-called "Big Bang." Before that way pure nothingness, not even sub-atomic particles. So...

i) Whatever begins to exist has a cause.
ii) The Universe began to exist,
iii) Therefore, the Universe has a cause.

Pure and simple Logic. However, we have to ask what kind of cause that must have been and philosophers and scientists have speculated over that first cause. They have suggested the following properties of that cause:

It must be:

i) That things in our uniformitarian experience and scientific evidence confirm that things do not, as those of Darwin's day thought, "Spontaniouly Generate," or just "pop" into existence. "Everything material has a cause. "Out of Nothing Nothing Comes"
ii) The cause must be beyond the Space/Matter/Time continuum.
iii) It must be Spaceless.
iv) It must be timeless.
v) It must be immaterial.
vi) Unchanging
vii) It must be uncaused (something must be eternal)
viii) It must be incomprehensibly Powerful.
ix) It must be personal (Have the Will to Act & Create)

This argument is logically airtime, even after several millennia of Philosophical and Scientific Objection, no-one has successfully refuted this argument.

This cause I call God, it is the best explanation based on the evidence.

I hear you ask the age old question... "Well, who created God?"

Well, nobody or no-thing created God. He is the Eternal, Self-Existent First Cause. Infinite regress is a Philosophical, Scientific and Mathematical absurdity, it exists only as an idea invented by man to attempt to explain away the Eternal First Cause (see the following video)

Final conclusion. "You don't need an explanation to explain the best explanation for the way things really are," there can be no infinite regress. "Out of Nothing Nothing Comes"

Sorry Stephen Hawking, as a remarkable man as you were, you lost your way... Pxx

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EvolutionIsALie/

1 Like

Re: Why Stephen Hawking Got It Wrong... by winner01(m): 3:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
Keep this guy off the religion section, have some respect for the dead.
Re: Why Stephen Hawking Got It Wrong... by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On Mar 15, 2018
Stephen Hawking

1 Share

Re: Why Stephen Hawking Got It Wrong... by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:26pm On Mar 15, 2018
winner01:

Keep this guy off the religion section, have some respect for the dead.

Do you want to exalt him to sainthood? See this thread.-->https://www.nairaland.com/4400420/watch-stephen-hawking-get-exalted#65867603
Re: Why Stephen Hawking Got It Wrong... by CodeTemplar: 9:32pm On Mar 15, 2018
Talking about cause and effect, what caused God? I believe in God, but what brought God into existence?
I hope to make it to heaven and ask God or experience heaven here on earth and discover that.
Re: Why Stephen Hawking Got It Wrong... by CuteMadridista: 9:35pm On Mar 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Talking about cause and effect, what caused God? I believe in God, but what brought God into existence?
I hope to make it to heaven and ask God or experience heaven here on earth and discover that.

Man caused Yahweh into existence
Re: Why Stephen Hawking Got It Wrong... by CodeTemplar: 9:38pm On Mar 15, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Man caused Yahweh into existence
If you decide to invert the logic to spite God, then who brought man into existence?
Re: Why Stephen Hawking Got It Wrong... by CuteMadridista: 9:41pm On Mar 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
If you decide to invert the logic to spite God, then who brought man into existence?

I dunno but I'm sure man brought Yahweh into existence
Re: Why Stephen Hawking Got It Wrong... by CodeTemplar: 9:58pm On Mar 15, 2018
CuteMadridista:

I dunno but I'm sure man brought Yahweh into existence
The men who wrote the book about God acknowledge God. That settles it.
Re: Why Stephen Hawking Got It Wrong... by CuteMadridista: 10:00pm On Mar 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
The men who wrote the book about God acknowledge God. That settles it.

I'm not talking about God here, I'm talking Yahweh
Re: Why Stephen Hawking Got It Wrong... by mabea: 10:24pm On Mar 15, 2018
Who is God who is YAHWEY

(1) (Reply)

"What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" / Misconceptions About Eckankar / More Women Open Up On Sexual Abuse By Nuns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.