Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,102 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Android Oreo Tips And Comments - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Oreo Tips And Comments (681 Views)

Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments / Nairalander Review Of A32F: Budget Android Oreo Phone With Fingerprint Security / Check Out The 14 Powerful Features Of The New Android Oreo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Oreo Tips And Comments by Kalapizim(m): 12:36pm On Mar 15, 2018
Each new Android version introduces several innovations, some of which are far from obvious. In this article we show you some tricks and tips for those who own a smartphone already updated to Android 8.0 or 8.1 Oreo.

Delay notifications

You may not know, but with Oreo you have the opportunity to postpone notifications. What does that mean? It means that you can momentarily delete a notification that at the moment annoys you and then make it reappear at a later time so as not to forget it. A more useful function than you think!

To postpone a warning, simply swipe the notification to the side but not completely. About half way should do it. A small clock will appear which, if tapped, will make you specify when to review the message.

Re: Android Oreo Tips And Comments by Kalapizim(m): 12:40pm On Mar 15, 2018
Disable Notification Dots

Notification dots are a novelty of Android Oreo, but what are they? They are nothing more than those colored dots that you can see on the icons of your apps when you receive notifications.

The dots are there to remind you that you have an incoming notification from that particular application, which you can access from the smartphone's notification area or hold down the icon.

For some users these stickers may be annoying, but here's how to disable them:

Press and hold a blank point on your Home screen.

Click Home Settings.
Select the item Notification indicators.
Deactivate the switch under Allow notification dots.
And voilà, a simple and effective solution to get rid of those ugly badges above the icons of your apps.

Re: Android Oreo Tips And Comments by Kalapizim(m): 12:49pm On Mar 15, 2018
Free up space with just a few taps

Android Oreo has an interesting function that allows you to free up the internal memory in just a few simple steps. This function is available on all smartphones with Android stock including Infinix series.

First, the system allows you to check how many apps or contents occupy your memory by categories.

By going to Settings and selecting Storage space, you can access the list. By selecting each category you will be presented the applications related to the category and the various files with their size.
You will then be able to decide whether it is worthwhile to get rid of some apps that you don't use a lot and that weigh down the available memory.

Re: Android Oreo Tips And Comments by Kalapizim(m): 12:51pm On Mar 15, 2018
At the top of the list you will also find a button called Free Space.

Tapping the button will show us a list of items we can delete to free space from memory.
In my example in the list I find some files in the Downloads folder, a list of less used applications and the item Backup photos and videos.
The latter just controls the multimedia content saved on Google Photos and suggests you delete it from your smartphone as you can access it by opening the app and accessing the cloud.
visit Xclub for more information
http://www.infinix.club/forum/197/262251
Re: Android Oreo Tips And Comments by olaideslex(m): 7:46am On Mar 16, 2018
Hello since i update to this version, i no longer receive notifications from unpopular apps on my phone. I only receive from popular apps like whatsapp, instagram, and youtube... Please help.
Re: Android Oreo Tips And Comments by Kalapizim(m): 9:37am On Mar 16, 2018
olaideslex:
Hello since i update to this version, i no longer receive notifications from unpopular apps on my phone. I only receive from popular apps like whatsapp, instagram, and youtube... Please help.
Hi olaide, please hold on a little, they will come on soon.

1 Like

Re: Android Oreo Tips And Comments by olaideslex(m): 11:46am On Mar 16, 2018
Kalapizim:
Hi olaide, please hold on a little, they will come on soon.
Ok, thank you for the response.
Re: Android Oreo Tips And Comments by Kalapizim(m): 12:37pm On Mar 16, 2018
olaideslex:
Ok, thank you for the response.
welcome

(1) (Reply)

U.s Foreign Fiverr Account(android Users) / Error / "Do Antivirus Apps Act As Spyware?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.