Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,136 members, 7,863,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:39 AM

Akwa Ibom Speaker Hails His Wife After Making This Statement At An Event. Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Speaker Hails His Wife After Making This Statement At An Event. Photos (642 Views)

Patience Jonathan's Dress To A Child Dedication Event (Photos) / Onofiok Luke Removes His Picture From Office As Akwa Ibom Speaker / Atiku Borrows Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan’s Statement At Peace Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Speaker Hails His Wife After Making This Statement At An Event. Photos by dainformant(m): 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2018
The speaker of the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Onofiok Luke, has hailed his wife following her statement while delivering a keynote address at the 2018 International Women's Day Celebration on March 8th at the Centre for Gender Studies, University of Uyo in Akwa Ibom.

Dr. Mrs. Uduak Daisy Luke, the speaker's wife and Akwa Ibom President of LEWA, said;

"I was told a story when I was a child. I asked why women usually tie two wrappers and was told that in those warring times, women had two wrappers on so that if their husbands should return battered and torn, they could use one to cover him from the shame. I want to say appeal to our women today, can we practise this same love and regard amongst ourselves? While covering our husbands, can we also cover our fellow women when they fall? Before criticizing them, can we cover them first from the world, and then correct them to the right path?"

The speaker shared the trending post on his Facebook timeline while commending his beautiful wife. He wrote; What a lesson, proud of your wisdom, my girl.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/03/akwa-ibom-speaker-hails-pretty-wife-making-statement-event-photos.html

Re: Akwa Ibom Speaker Hails His Wife After Making This Statement At An Event. Photos by dainformant(m): 9:04pm On Mar 15, 2018
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Akwa Ibom Speaker Hails His Wife After Making This Statement At An Event. Photos by AntiWailer: 9:05pm On Mar 15, 2018
Awesome
Re: Akwa Ibom Speaker Hails His Wife After Making This Statement At An Event. Photos by Homeboiy: 9:38pm On Mar 15, 2018
sad

(1) (Reply)

PDP Agrees To Return Loots, Names Looters In APC Urging Them To Return Theirs / 2019: What Has Buhari Got Right That Deserve Him To Remain In Power / $1b Arms Fund Meant For Buhari’s Re-election — Sowore, Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.