Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) (47520 Views)

Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) / Gaza: Many Killed In Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital Bombing - Palestine Officials / Pedestrian Bridge Collapses Onto Washington DC Highway, Injuring Several People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by sharpwriter(m): 5:17am On Mar 16, 2018
timesup234:
shut up your mouth you zombie. America is the biggest shithhole. Slaves will never be notice by their masters. Morrroons!

Canada nko?
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by Etianwanokon: 5:41am On Mar 16, 2018
[quote author=okk4sure post=65871925]Wonder shal never end.

Fr oyinbo country tu!The only difference frm our own obodo Nigeria hia is dt,head will surely roll fr ds calamity...[/quote

My dear the same question I am asking o.
Really sad
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by GMbuharii: 6:36am On Mar 16, 2018
python1:

One of the people I just talked about. Something happened in far away US, he is still accusing his fellow black man in the name of "badluck", yet he reasons like a Whiteman of the 21st century. grin gringrin

shut up,schiitholezoogerian grin grin
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by emerich(m): 6:39am On Mar 16, 2018
If it were to be in the UAE, heads would definitely roll, they don't compromise when it comes to issues that pertains structural engineering, the engineer's involved now would just humble go to jail without any hearing in court cos that's where they belong after this terrible mishap.
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by shiffynaani(m): 6:45am On Mar 16, 2018
[/color]
ariesbull:
Poor engineering....they for come Onitsha and see old standing bridges or contact the dudes at Ebutte Meta

May they would that died rest in peace
[color=#000000]
ariesbull:
Poor engineering....they for come Onitsha and see old standing bridges or contact the dudes at Ebutte Meta

ariesbull:

your English Na Elele. E Fit Twist Person Tonngi
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by OgahBohz: 6:51am On Mar 16, 2018
na wah o
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by OgahBohz: 6:54am On Mar 16, 2018
ZombieTAMER:
Why did he visit Buhari in the first place

He got sacked and carried badluck home

Why sad sad sad?

you sef hear that secretary if states matter abi ...

azn Trump no even allow am land for US before sacking !
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by dominique(f): 6:54am On Mar 16, 2018
revontuli:
This must be the result of corruption (builders cutting corners and using cheap material) or incompetence (failure to maintain the bridge and noticing the structural degradation.)

Did you guys see the most famous bridge collapse in American history?
Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-zczJXSxnw

May the souls of the dead find peace in the afterlife. RIP.

WTH! The bridge was literally wobbly as if it was made of rubber
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by hayor2014(m): 6:59am On Mar 16, 2018
Israeljones:
despite all the bad news emanating from this part of the world...
SHI.T AS THICK THIS HAS NEVER OCCURRED IN MY COUNTRY..,,
who else is saying Nigeria is not safe?
this is a big lie...there was a pedestrian bridge crash in 2015....

http://www.hopefornigeriaonline.com/nigeria-pedestrian-bridge-collapse-kills-7/
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by shine12: 7:07am On Mar 16, 2018
stankezzy:
As an engineer atimes I still de wonder for this white men , how can a bridge crossing more than nine lanes not have a support under , don't they consider the strength of the material? when in nija over head crossing for a single lane sef de carry support for middle of the road ,

I get you, you but a cable stayed bridge don't necessarily need many column supports.The cables are doing the job of holding the deck up.

1 Like

Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by don4real18(m): 7:14am On Mar 16, 2018
Slymonster:
Haa quack engineer dey there too lol
Not necessarily a quack engineer... It could be due to a landslide, excessive vibration, etc
There should be a constant building survey on all structures but sadly the Government in most part of the world consider it waste of resources. RIP to the dead
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by don4real18(m): 7:17am On Mar 16, 2018
shine12:

I get you, you but a cable stayed bridge don't necessarily need many column supports.The cables are doing the job of holding the deck up.
The cables are tensioned and can provide the necessary support though one of my Canadian lecturer back then taught us that it's better to be safe than sorry. My advice is to introduce columns regardless of the TC
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by ihitenansa: 7:18am On Mar 16, 2018
python1:

One of the people I just talked about. Something happened in far away US, he is still accusing his fellow black man in the name of "badluck", yet he reasons like a Whiteman of the 21st century. grin gringrin
dude just taunted u and here u are thrashing all over the place like a shock victim. meanwhile how is aba camp omenka aka python 1
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by fx45(m): 7:21am On Mar 16, 2018
Israeljones:
Sorry to burst your bubbles... There's no evil that hasn't already happened in the shithole

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/breaking-news-pedestrian-bridge-collapses-on-taxi-5-fear-dead-in-kano/amp/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/182129-pedestrian-bridge-collapses-kills-7-in-kano.html/amp

http://www.informationng.com/2015/04/5-feared-dead-in-kano-as-pedestrian-bridge-collapses-on-taxi.html/amp

Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by ihitenansa: 7:24am On Mar 16, 2018
Mrchippychappy:

If you get mind go rent house for one of all those Benue, Plateau or Taraba villages. Na that time fulani herdsmen go show you sey Nigeria "safe" pass america well, well!
lol, omenka aka pytho1 wen dey claim benue don even run comot from there go east when dey very safe according to world standard.
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by heendrix(m): 7:36am On Mar 16, 2018
mankan2k7:
I still want to go there
Lol abi o atleast better than this shithole cheesy
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by MayhorE(m): 7:37am On Mar 16, 2018
The thing then goes. . . sskkkrrriiiii gbagbagbagba.. . .
Man ain't. .. .
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by heendrix(m): 7:46am On Mar 16, 2018
khalids:
Did anyone notice that, in all the pictures, there is no shot of any mangled bodies or display of dead bodies.....that goes to show the respect that they accord the dead and their families......

If say na naija now.....you know the rest....

So once again I appeal to Nairaland and Nairalanders....show respect to the dead....stop posting pictures of dead bodies.....

it's the hunger for FP

so sorry bro but if they dont upload the graphic pictures lalasticlala or mynd44 wount take them serious. some even go as far as uploading yester years photos to buttress their news
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by Jarus(m): 8:00am On Mar 16, 2018
Israeljones:

Happened in Alaka, Ibadan, around 2001.
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by Jaziri4real: 8:01am On Mar 16, 2018
Yankee they must come with silly excuse
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by Jarus(m): 8:08am On Mar 16, 2018
Israeljones:
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by Shroud: 8:21am On Mar 16, 2018
python1:

See them all over the places. Na these kind people I dey talk about. In this case, "only God is infallible", nawao. If na naija, if rain fall for 3 hrs non stop, naija becomes a shithole or zoo. cheesy cheesy
Please shut up and stop getting drunk with cheap likes given by silly kids here.

Accidents happen anywhere, even in a place like the US. Difference is over there, it's a rare occurrence and it wouldn't be swept under the rug.

In Nigeria it happens frequently and whenever it does, investigation and culpability are all in hush hush!

You're guilty of what you accuse people here that's pretending Nigeria is a working country like the US.
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by ariesbull: 9:04am On Mar 16, 2018
UrRealG:

Oboi this ur English sha embarassed

Wetin concern me with English....na pidgin I write
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by Mcreloaded(m): 9:32am On Mar 16, 2018
Information just coming in says a Nigerian was the contractor who built the pedestrian bridge.
If they had said a Chinese man was the contractor I for hear
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by Juliusdking(m): 10:42am On Mar 16, 2018
Abeg tell them oooooooooooo
Israeljones:
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 16, 2018
python1:
Since na oyibo land, I know some mental slaves will be falling over themselves to justify the collapse because they want to be seen as though Black they are, but intellectually whiter than the White. If this were to be in their lands, same slaves will start calling their potor homes some funny names like "shithole, zoo". It really sucks to be a slave, especially the mental variety. cheesy cheesy
damn grin grin grin
Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by gtown: 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
[quote author=ZombieTAMER post=65875443][/quote]

Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by ZombieTAMER: 6:25pm On Mar 16, 2018
[quote author=gtown post=65894988][/quote]

Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by linearity: 1:01pm On Mar 17, 2018
Lilimax:
Omg! How come the imminent collapse was not detected by the authorities concerned before the tragedy struck undecided shocked. Goes to show that even in the well advanced countries, they can goof as well. There is no perfect system...so to say. The only perfection is in God! smiley RIP to the dead.

It is was detected....someone guffed big time!

It was a new bridge and it collapsed during stress testing after construction to determine its structural stability.

The construction company requested partial lane closure during the test period, hence the fatalities; had it been full lanes closures instead of the two closed, the fatalities would have been none or reduced.

But, it is not fair to play Monday morning quarterback, that was a very busy road, so they must have felt a partial closure is sufficient.

An Engineer from the construction company detected some cracks on the bridge two days before the collapse. He called FDOT but had to leave a voicemail, since the recipient was away and that message was not listen to until a day after the incident.

1 Like

Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) by linearity: 1:12pm On Mar 17, 2018
don4real18:

Not necessarily a quack engineer... It could be due to a landslide, excessive vibration, etc
There should be a constant building survey on all structures but sadly the Government in most part of the world consider it waste of resources. RIP to the dead

It is new bridge and collapse during stress test before opening it up for the public aka students for which it was built to access their campus over a very busy highway.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Macron Hit With An Egg During Campaign At A Restaurant In Lyon (Video) / Fearless Female Soldier Uses High Kicks To Disperse Crowd Of Jewish Protesters / President Mugabe Dozes Off As Wife Chastises His Spokesperson (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.