Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Do You Really Love God Or You Just Like Him? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Really Love God Or You Just Like Him? (361 Views)

Six Important Ways To Love God / Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? / If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Really Love God Or You Just Like Him? by FreshGreen: 8:34am On Mar 17, 2018
DO YOU REALLY LOVE GOD OR YOU JUST LIKE HIM?
Yes you are a Christian, devoted and doing fine in the church, but do you really love God? Let’s check this:

“He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” John 14:21

Loving God is not just believing that God exists or going to church, it’s not just praising and worshiping God with a longing heart or loud voice; loving God is not evidential because you love praise and worship unto God, because you are devoted to the work of God or you like talking about God. And giving money to God’s work or seriously and zealously committed to God’s work is not the yardstick of love for God.

The only genuine evidence and prove of your love for God, first and foremost, is keeping all His commandments, not some of them – living in holiness and righteousness of life to please God; without this, you do not love God, you only like Him.

To love God, you will need to first lay down your sins at His feet, repent, forsake and surrender all unto Him to experience genuine salvation. Sin displeases God, and you can't keep displeasing Him you really love. Genuine salvation will first come before genuine love for God.

SERVICE, SACRIFICE & SINCERITY
You can be so committed to the things of God, you can be a devoted Christians before men, you can be a leader in the church or a minister, but if you are not living in holiness and righteous of life to please God, you only like God, you have not loved him.

Your service to God, your sacrifice to God without your sincere love for Him will profit you nothing at the end of your life or on the day of rapture. Here is what Apostle Paul said, “Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.” 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

Before you serve or sacrifice unto God, you need to first sincerely surrender your life to Him by repenting, confessing your sins and forsake them all. When you surrender your life to Jesus Christ, you start a new life in Him, free of sin, just sincere! But if you are working, serving God and sacrificing unto Him with sin in your life, you are a worker of iniquity and such service profits nothing.

You need to first surrender your life to Jesus Christ before you can acceptably serve Him, you will need to be saved before you can make a sincere sacrifice unto God.

1 Samuel 15:22,
“So Samuel said:“Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices,
As in obeying the voice of the LORD?
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice,
And to heed than the fat of rams.

If you will like to totally surrender or rededicate your life to Jesus Christ, please click on this link, read and pray as directed http://www.facebook.com/notes/revelation-of-truth-evangelical-ministries-rtem/how-to-be-saved-and-start-a-new-life-in-jesus/270674586372252

This message is from Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries, RTEM
Our Email: rtemoutreaches@yahoo.com
Our Tel: (+234)(0)802 578 7942.
Our website: rtemoutreach.org

Our Facebook page, you can like our page for daily article on your wall, please click on this link and "like", then click on the "liked" and add to "interest list" http://www.facebook.com/pages/Revelation-of-Truth-Evangelical-Ministries-RTEM/244086502364394

If you will like to be receiving our weekly articles by email, please, click on our website and subscribe for daily Christian articles rtemoutreach.org

If you want to read other Christian articles and Bible Studies on several other topics from this ministry, you can please click on this link and see several topics. http://www./468590419840054/files/ You can join to receive new topics.
Re: Do You Really Love God Or You Just Like Him? by Jochabed(f): 8:41am On Mar 17, 2018
I love God!!!!! He is the only Invisible friend i have.

1 Like

Re: Do You Really Love God Or You Just Like Him? by Greatzeus(m): 10:54am On Mar 17, 2018
Jochabed:
I love God!!!!! He is the only Invisible friend i have.
How many invisible friend do you want to have before ? When you are not a spirit
Re: Do You Really Love God Or You Just Like Him? by Jochabed(f): 11:17am On Mar 17, 2018
Greatzeus:

How many invisible friend do you want to have before ? When you are not a spirit
lol

(1) (Reply)

. / Special Sunday Service With Pastor Chris / Join Me And My SONS For This 21 Days Crusade (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.