Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? (11564 Views)

The Church Is Made For Sinner's And Not For The Righteous / Six Important Ways To Love God / A Christian Is Not A Sinner And A Sinner Is Not A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by DenreleDave(m): 7:21am On Jun 28, 2020
Can a man be a sinner and still fears, love and believe God?

Yes he fornicates, he lies but he fears God.. He believes there is a God that lives in heaven, he believes that there is judgement. He hopes to repent one day.

For example; a man that start stealing because he is poor and has family to feed.. He has tried many things but not working for him and he result to stealing.. In his mind, he loves God but situation won't make him stop stealing... He fears the repercussions of sin but he can't stop but he hopes to stop it one day and be forgiven..

He is not happy seeing himself steal and disobeying God command but he has no alternative bcox he has to feed his family... Lets just say he is sinner of circumstances (if he had money, he wud nt have stole to eat. )

Question is: Can a man love God , fear God, believes in God but still sin?

If anyone can answer this too;

Question 2; Can a man life be precious to God more than the ministry?

E.g: God told Mr Ifeanyi that the ministerial work that he has been appointed for have been given to Mr kunle because Mr Ifeanyi life is more precious to Him (God) than the Ministry.

Can a man life be precious than the ministry??

1 Like

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by Kriss216: 7:33am On Jun 28, 2020
DenreleDave:

Thanks.. But u avnt answered any question
Allow her. Everybody get wetin dey worry am.
She's attending to her worries while you're attending to yours.

30 Likes

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by JourneytoEL(f): 7:35am On Jun 28, 2020
John 14:15, Jesus says “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
If you love God, you will want to make heaven at all cost so you can spend your eternity with him.
If you love God, you will denounce love for money, your parents and everyone around you, just to worship him.
If you love God, the thought of not seeing him after death will make you cry.
If you love God, you will be ready to lay down your life for his sake.
If you love God, you will do his will.
If you love God, you will rather starve than steal. Actually, God won't let you starve. By his Grace, I AM A LIVING WITNESS. If the birds of the sky have food, what more you his true love (matt 6:26, 7:7-11)

If you claim to love God and continue committing sin, you can be likened to a man who beats and sleeps around with other women, but claim to love his wife. That is a toxic kinda love.
If you truly love God, it will feel like the way Romeo loves his Juliet. You won't want to hurt him and can even die than betray him.

Actually, many people grew up loving God but finally found themselves in the toxic kinda love because the gods of this age has blinded them (2 Cor 4:13). When there is life, there is hope. If you are in this group, please repent today for tomorrow might be too late. I get am before no be property.

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by chatinent: 7:38am On Jun 28, 2020
Imperfection which breeds sin is what we inherited from our original parents. It's sth we can choose and strive to overcome the tendency to be ensnared by. If you must love God, you must resist the tendency to sin.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by DenreleDave(m): 7:40am On Jun 28, 2020
JourneytoEL:
John 14:15, Jesus says “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
If you love God, you will want to make heaven at all cost so you can spend your eternity with him.
If you love God, you will denounce money, your parents and everyone around you, just to worship him.
If you love God, the thought of not seeing him after death will make you cry.
If you love God, you will be ready to lay down your life for his sake.
If you love God, you will do his will.

If you claim to love God and continue committing sin, you can be likened to a man who beats and sleeps around with other women, but claim to love his wife. That is a toxic kinda love.
If you truly love God, it will feel like the way Romeo loves his Juliet. You won't want to hurt him and can even die than betray him.

Actually, many people grew up loving God but finally found themselves in the toxic kinda love because the gods of this age has blinded them (2 Cor 4:13). When there is life, there is hope. If you are in this group, please repent today for tomorrow might be too late. I get am before no be property.

Thank u.. Help attend to the second question??

1 Like

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by DenreleDave(m): 7:41am On Jun 28, 2020
chatinent:
Imperfection which breed sin is what we inherited from our original parents. It's sth we can choose and strive to overcome the tendency to be ensnared by. If you must love God, you must resist the tendency to sin.

Expatiate pls

OAM4J fp please
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:45am On Jun 28, 2020
Even prostitutes do praise and worship for success in jamming the right customers.
Scantily dress ladies will enter church seduce, distract and twerk before congregation. Yet they will say they fear God. And if you scold them they will say that God looks at the heart and mind in worship and that they still love God than you do.
That's a lie they carry about

I know of some Pastors that say and do terrible things behind closed doors and will still claim they love God.
The person that loves God is one that has a conscience.
The person that loves God obey his words and instructions. Disobedience shows you don't love him and counts you a sinner
The popular verse To obey is better than sacrifice also implies that if you sacrifice when you are expected to obey is tantamount to disobedience which result into sin.

21 Likes

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by JourneytoEL(f): 7:47am On Jun 28, 2020
DenreleDave:

Thank u.. Help attend to the second question??
Yes, your life (spirit and soul) is the most important thing to God. And obedience to his Word, is the first rule of heaven and faith.
1 Samuel 15:22 says, But Samuel replied, “What is more pleasing to the LORD: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.
It is better to obey the will of God with faith than to run the most successful ministry in the world.

12 Likes

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 28, 2020
DenreleDave:

Yes he fornicates, he lies but he fears God.. He believes there is a God that lives in heaven, he believes that there is judgement. He hopes to repent one day.
For example; a man that start stealing because he is poor and has family to feed.. He has tried many things but not working for him and he result to stealing.. In his mind, he loves God but situation wunt make him stop stealing... He fears the repercussions of sin but he can't stop but he hopes to stop it one day and be forgiven..

He is not happy seeing himself steal and disobeying God command but he has no alternative bcox he has to feed his family... Lets just say he is sinner of circumstances (if he had money, he wud nt have stole to eat. )

Cc: seun lalasticlala Mynd44 OAM4J

Today na Sunday, abeg take to the promise land (FP)

Righteousness89 YorubaKinging Rozz

E.g: God told Mr Ifeanyi that the ministerial work that he has been appointed for have been given to Mr kunle because Mr Ifeanyi life is more precious to Him (God) than the Ministry.

maximus69 please sir can you respond,i believe you will do a better job
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by DenreleDave(m): 7:49am On Jun 28, 2020
JourneytoEL:

Yes, your life (spirit and soul) is the most important thing to God. And obedience to his Word, is the first rule of heaven and faith.
1 Samuel 15:22 says, But Samuel replied, “What is more pleasing to the LORD: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.
It is better to obey the will of God with faith than to run the most successful ministry in the world.

Thank u.....
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by DenreleDave(m): 7:50am On Jun 28, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
Even prostitutes do praise and worship for success in jamming the right customers.
Scantily dress ladies will enter church seduce, distract and twerk before congregation. Yet they will say they fear God. That God looks at the heart and mind in worship

So what is ur conclusion sir
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by delkuf(m): 7:50am On Jun 28, 2020
The man is doing exactly what God hate, how can he claim he loves God. You cannot fornicate, lie and steal and say you love God. loving God is running away from sin

8 Likes

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:52am On Jun 28, 2020
DenreleDave:

For example; a man that start stealing because he is poor and has family to feed.. He has tried many things but not working for him and he result to stealing.. In his mind, he loves God but situation wunt make him stop stealing... He fears the repercussions of sin but he can't stop but he hopes to stop it one day and be forgiven..

Christianity is not complicated..just the way human beings are not complicated, if I love u ..I won't want to offend u,wld love u to be happy with me and tell d everyone u meet that u love me..how ? I won't disobey u by cheating on u and doing d small things u have constantly warned me about. It's d same with God...it u love HIM, u wld obey him. Our Bible says the person u obey,ye servants ye are.so if u are obeying d devil by indulging in fornication,lying,and other vices u are d servant of the devil and not a child of GOD.
D good news is God understands our weakness but will u continue in sin day grace may abound? GOD forbid. So what is d solution? Just d way u exercise to get abs and toned shape. Exercise yourself towards godliness by staying away from things that offend GOD ,prayers,listening to anointed messages ,reading spr books, etc..ask HIM what to do. God loves to talk but create a quiet atmosphere to listen

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:52am On Jun 28, 2020
DenreleDave:

So what is ur conclusion sir
Read between the lines Ma
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by delkuf(m): 7:57am On Jun 28, 2020
And to answer your second question, the most important thing to God, is a man's life not the ministry. for you to see this is to look at the sacrifice God paid for the live of man. The sacrifice of his son the Lord Jesus Christ. that is the highest God could pay. I believe God will rather take a man from this world if he sees the danger of the man backsliding in the future

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by Righteousness89(m): 8:16am On Jun 28, 2020
Your 2 questions are the same..

There are people that naturally fear God!
Just like There are people that are naturally kind hearted, giving, religious, self-Righteous and all that..

That is good . Infact they attract Blessings here on Earth, but that does not guarantee anyone Eternal Life in Heaven....

Any Righteousness that does not come through JESUS CHRIST is self righteousness..

JESUS Christ is The Righteousness of GOD..

Until you Conciously Accept JESUS CHRIST, your goods deeds and all that ends here on Earth. It does not guarantee you Eternal Life in Heaven..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 28, 2020
A sinner cannot love God until he himself receives the love of God.

1 Like

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by Professorcplus(m): 8:22am On Jun 28, 2020
DenreleDave:

If I were to go by the Christians doctrine then we are all sinners from birth which only means we are sinners as long as we live on earth. But op I will give answers to your questions according to your line of thought and with respect with your discussion.

Why do we have to have God? We find ourselves on a lifeless rock called earth and we continue living everyday to survive. But the act of surviving is sometimes very challenging for others. Life is full of uncertainty, risk, unforseen circumstances, unpleasant event. The only this that keep us existing is to master the act of surviving which means we do everything possible to survive these short unpleasant moment of living. So how do we achieve this? The only way is to make that imaginary perfect lives we hope for. Which is why we are discussing this now.

Some people are alone in this world and they just have to do some unethical things to survive which might be against your ideology, belief, philosophy, cultures, traditional, law of that society Whichever way they must survive.

The main essence of such idea is a perfect heaven which means if we were to go by the Christians and mulsem idea of perfect heaven, their fellowers will forget God when they get there .

So Simple.

1 Like

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by BackllGodNaija: 8:46am On Jun 28, 2020
DenreleDave:

I think @JourneytoEL has done some justice to your questions, I would just like to add my own bit as well. The question you asked is about God, so it would be most appropriate to get the answer from God's perspective and not man, and this is what God has to say concerning that...

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me...
If a man love me, he will keep my words...
He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings... [John 14:21, 23-24]

So that itself should clearly answer your first question from God's own point of view. But this doesn't mean that a man who truly loves God cannot fall into sin or make mistakes...he may but not when it's his way of life.

And for your second question, It's quite confusing because God Himself is the giver of life, and God's work is more important to Him than anything else, so I can't really reconcile the two.

2 Likes

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:50am On Jun 28, 2020
IN MY COUNTRY THERE ARE COMPLETE PROSTITUTES AND SERIAL FORNICATORS AND FRAUDSTERS THAT BELIEVE I'M 100% DESTINED FOR HELL, AND THAT THEY'RE BETTER THAN THOSE THAT DON'T SHARE SAME RELIGIOUS BELIEF WITH THEM.
HOW THESE BUNCHES OF "SINNERS" AND EVIL DOERS PRETEND THAT THEIR ATROCITIES WILL NOT BE COUNTED BECAUSE THEY'RE "COVERED BY GRACE" AS BELIEVERS IS SOMETHING I FIND AMUSING.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by YorubaKinging: 8:51am On Jun 28, 2020
It's is possible

A man can fear God but still steal to feed his family

But it's wrong

It's better he stopped, and pray for forgiveness

DenreleDave:

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by IMO01: 9:09am On Jun 28, 2020
Yes
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by Actuator: 9:09am On Jun 28, 2020
Yes
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by EwuGambia: 9:09am On Jun 28, 2020
Yes ofcourse...
But why you dey like ask some stupid question, you this hairy man babe!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by ckmayoca: 9:10am On Jun 28, 2020
Boko haram too like him allah.
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by thesolutions(m): 9:10am On Jun 28, 2020
Every one eventually loved God. Just that most times, every one love to fulfill fantasy.
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by TeejayBlaq(m): 9:10am On Jun 28, 2020
Yes u can be a sinner and still love GOD because we're all sinner's they very day we were born into sins
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by ainas247: 9:11am On Jun 28, 2020
NO
John 14:15. There you will find out text and title. If ye love me, keep my commandments..

If you love God, you are dead to Sin.

To love God, the first thing is to accept Jesus into your life.
If you don't accept Him you can't know him.
If you don't know him you can't love him.

But for me and many others, we claimed we loved God but still sinned.
That is why I kept on reminding Jesus every day that I am a sinner. Have mercy on me

1 Like

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by Shuggaa: 9:12am On Jun 28, 2020
K
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by COdeGenesis: 9:13am On Jun 28, 2020
As humans, committing sin is inevitable. That is why the bible said that anyone who says he has never sin makes God a liar. At one point or the other we sin, but it may not mean we do not love God. We just have to be sober when we sin and ask for forgiveness

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Only Antidote For Sin / Deeper Knowledge in Witch Craft revealed by Edo Witch / What Do You Think About Eternity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.