Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,447 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Our Fatherland Written By Me - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Our Fatherland Written By Me (371 Views)

Achebe's 'things Fall Apart' Makes 12 'greatest Books Ever Written' List / The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel / Analysis Of Lonely Days Written By Bayo Adebowale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Fatherland Written By Me by Honchogirly2k: 11:21am On Mar 17, 2018
OUR FATHERLAND
Nigeria, Sailed by captains of corruption The erstwhile giant of Africa Sinks into the oceans of dilemma The home of global warming We await good electricity Like the second coming of our Lord We work like elephants Feed like ants We sing "peace and unity" With voices that preach discord We cry "let justice reign" In the haven of injustice Cows gallivant in paradise Masses sleep in gutters Nomads, reputable butchers The CEOs of the greatest abattoir That shreds human flesh Our youngsters We called "Leaders of tomorrow" Now,the big shots of " wire-wire" Merchants of hoky-poky Here lies unrealized dreams Thrown into garbage cans Then we sit And watch our ancestors rule from above The malicious fathers of "hate speech" Parade themselves as saints Their big bellies filled with mischief My countrymen We watch our country Like a reality show Rise up from your slumber Float our beloved fatherland once again
PRESHIE♏a.k.a honchogirly�

(1) (Reply)

HAUNT............. Short True Life Story By Drabeey / How To Take Action When Your Mind Won't Let You / Barrack obama Pays Tribute To Chinua Achebe & Chimamanda Adichie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.