Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Rap Deeply Rooted In Nigeria. MI Abaga - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rap Deeply Rooted In Nigeria. MI Abaga (454 Views)

Tiwa Savage Hugging A Man Deeply Backstage At O2 Indigo / Cute Photo Of D'banj And Wande Coal Stare Deeply Into Each Other's Eyes / MI Abaga Spotted With Jon Snow Of Game Of Thrones (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rap Deeply Rooted In Nigeria. MI Abaga by Elnino4ladies: 12:23pm On Mar 17, 2018
Based on ace rapper MI ’s analogy, the origin of rap can be traced to Nigeria . Using the Igbo culture as an analogy , the rap artiste said , “ My father is a pastor and I was born into an organisation called Great Commission Movement and my friends while growing up were all white; my first friend ’s name was Jonathan Skidmore . Then I went to a school called Kent Academy in Jos and it was also filled with white kids ; from there , I went to another school called Little Genius and this school also had white people there . So , I am a little bit disadvantaged in understanding the Nigerian culture the way every other person does and because of this , I am a student of our culture . This has made me realise that the first rap is from Nigeria . If you read Things Fall Apart, before an Igbo person talks he says , Igbo Kwenu , his people yell , hey. That is the hook . Before the person starts talking , he must say some metaphoric statements like you don ’t just see a frog running in the afternoon and everyone in the gathering would hum because they know where he is going to . He might not even need to say anything after that . The person that would respond to him would give a counter metaphoric statement. That is hip- hop ; it is elegant , classy and prestigious . It is called swag. That is what I try to bring into rap . ”https://punchng.com/rap-deeply-rooted-in-nigeria-mi/

(1) (Reply)

Adekunle Gold Finally Does Something He Has Always Wanted To Do / Brymo Goes On Unclad In New Music Video ‘Heya’ | See Fans Reactions / Combination Photoshoot Of Tonto Dikeh And Dabota Lawson (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.