Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants (31796 Views)

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Most Sought-After Countries For Immigrants / New Zealand Adds Prostitution To List Of Employment Skills For Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by Mayorboi(m): 5:22pm On Mar 28, 2018
ijoka:
Please someone help me on this information., i learnt that police now check people immigrant status in the US and that if you are stop by police and ur status is not legally Right then you will be jailed and the deported immediately..

It's not a new thing. I know of a cbp checkpoint at Sarita, about 70miles from Corpus Christi TX. They usually (not always) check your papers. I have passed through there severally w/o being questioned. They are there bcoz the Mexico border is about 2hrs away & they try to stop illegals that have managed to get into the US from Mexico. It shouldn't bother you if you are legal. If not stay away from border towns as there would be cbp checkpoints a few miles from the border towns.
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by DereI(f): 3:13pm On Mar 30, 2018
dektron:
Please is it true that there is plan by United States embassy to increase the visa fee?

Quite the opposite. They reduced
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by DereI(f): 3:20pm On Mar 30, 2018
Mightyeagle:
Good day sir @ sevule,
i'm new here and i have being following your thread
on this platform and i really like your write-ups
but i will like you to advice me or pm me
for i have someone that want to package Visa conference
for me so that i can enter America.
i want to know the advantages and disdavantages of it
as i'm a gentle man who would like to be working in
America without fear of police or any illegal stuffs.
pls sir, your prompt response through pm will be highly
need and appreciated.thanks

Please do not complicate your issue with your own hands. If you want to go to the USA for a conference, it must be occupationally related or educationally related. And if you are asking if you can work while on a "Conference " tourist visa, but yet don't want to be scared of police, then you are in for a very long thing.

Working without a work permit is illegal. Yes, people do it, but its illegal.
Saying you are going for a conference and staying back in the usa after the said conference will ruin your chances of exit and re-entry or even renewing your visa.

Act wisely

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by DereI(f): 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2018
Getbizzzy:

How is Canada an easier option sir?

Because there's a high chance of applying for permanent residency without marrying a citizen (fake or genuinely)

8 Likes

Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by DereI(f): 3:24pm On Mar 30, 2018
lionlee216:
Following

Hi, how do you do? I sent you an e-mail few weeks ago,
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by lionlee216(m): 8:26am On Mar 31, 2018
DereI:

Hi, how do you do? I sent you an e-mail few weeks ago,

Didn't get any PM. Kindly resend
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by sevule(m): 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2018
Load up on coupons

In the States there are coupons for almost everything you can buy in a supermarket. Its almost as if there is a competition to give out coupons as businesses, restaurants, shops etc give out coupons that reduce the prices of their goods and services. If you have a mailing address you will get a ton of coupons and you can also get coupons online. Some of the coupons have offers like - Spend $30 get $10 off, Buy one get One Free, Pay for a meal get an appetizer free etcetera.

If you are going grocery shopping it is a good idea to take some coupons for things you want to buy. Basically when I am buying non perishables, I wait till when there is either a sale or coupon before buying and this cuts the cost of my groceries. There is a popular show that shows how some folks do what is called extreme couponing. Basically they combine a lot of coupons to buy groceries for almost free. There are some apps that also let you use coupons to pay for stuff, a good example is the Target Cartwheel app.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by Zaytun11(m): 4:03am On Apr 06, 2018
Thanks a lot
May God bless u
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by Nig4Greatness: 8:56pm On Apr 06, 2018
@op,well done on the new thread and I hope it fulfill it's purpose afterall but you forgot to state how and what platform you got to the US and what status you currently hold in your introduction. Am sure that means a lot to some of us in moving forward as regards contributing to the thread.
Stay blessed.

4 Likes

Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by lyrondee: 9:03pm On Apr 26, 2018
OP... wetyn happen... pls let's keep this thread alive
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by Donwised(m): 3:39pm On Jul 01, 2018
lyrondee:
OP... wetyn happen... pls let's keep this thread alive

We are waiting....
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by Olalekank(m): 11:51am On Dec 31, 2018
A long while..
Sevule, where are you now?
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by drakura: 2:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by saintrise: 1:27pm On Mar 06, 2019
What IT certification is best to get a job quickly in the states?
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by eduson33(m): 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2019
make sure not to pay for anything upfront.
US visa cannot be guaranteed.
do your research. you can even package it yourself if you do enough research.

If you are granted a visitors visa, PLEASE do not overstay. you may regret.
better fly in, look for ways to get green card. go back at the end of your visa. (akata full everywhere wey you fit marry but choose a good one bro, I'm not in support of divorce at all)

Acquire some skills while waiting for your visa.
make friends so that when you get there you wont find things difficult.

my one cent
Mightyeagle:
Good day sir @ sevule,
i'm new here and i have being following your thread
on this platform and i really like your write-ups
but i will like you to advice me or pm me
for i have someone that want to package Visa conference
for me so that i can enter America.
i want to know the advantages and disdavantages of it
as i'm a gentle man who would like to be working in
America without fear of police or any illegal stuffs.
pls sir, your prompt response through pm will be highly
need and appreciated.thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by frankele(m): 4:05pm On May 07, 2019
Hello Good day to everyone on this thread...

Am so glad to be here...

We had my F4 Interview and the consular officer said we are all good but we need submit a signed I-864A form along with our passport...

So today my MuM who is the principal applicant , Her visa status changed from Administrative Processing to Issued..

But me and My Brother who is the derivative Applicant visa status changed from Ready to Administrative Processing yesterday and the date was updated today...

My question is why are they delaying our Visa issuance?? Since we are one Family are we not meant to see Issued together?? Please I will appreciate your advice!

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by OyinbowithaTan(m): 5:11pm On May 07, 2019
TWoods:
Don't buy a phone line from At&t, Verizon or Sprint

I would disagree with this. Verizon has about the best coverage in the US. Sprint can be quite spotty, though cheap. If you own directv, then you should definitely buy a phone line through AT&T. The lines are expensive for individuals but are worth the money for a family that burns through data. I find I can watch live TV through my phone without it counting against my data plan at all. win win for me.

I like the discount carriers better. Boost, Cricket, Free UP, Ting....there are so many of them and they run on the same networks as ATT, Verizon, Sprint etc. Depending on how much you use monthly (not connected to wifi) plans are $5.00 to $30.00 a month. No contract. And many will give you a free android for switching, no contract.

For TV buy an antenna for $15.00 and you get 50 plus free digital over the air channels, all of the locals, NBC, CBS, ABC. Then buy or get a free Fire Stick or Roku streaming device and you can load all kinds of free channels. And of course for almost free "home" phone line use a Magic Jack device. I used to spend over $125 a month for TV and Mobile phone service and now $20.00 a month.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by select500: 5:28pm On May 07, 2019
frankele:
Hello Good day to everyone on this thread...

Am so glad to be here...

We had my F4 Interview and the consular officer said we are all good but we need submit a signed I-864A form along with our passport...

So today my MuM who is the principal applicant , Her visa status changed from Administrative Processing to Issued..

But me and My Brother who is the derivative Applicant visa status changed from Ready to Administrative Processing yesterday and the date was updated today...

My question is why are they delaying our Visa issuance?? Since we are one Family are we not meant to see Issued together?? Please I will appreciate your advice!

Thanks.

Hello Frankele,

You need to relax a bit. Rest assured that your Visa will be issued.

Just give them a little more time and it will all be sorted out.

Cheers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by MightyFortress: 3:22pm On May 09, 2019
Following
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by MightyFortress: 3:46pm On May 09, 2019
OyinbowithaTan:

I like the discount carriers better. Boost, Cricket, Free UP, Ting....there are so many of them and they run on the same networks as ATT, Verizon, Sprint etc. Depending on how much you use monthly (not connected to wifi) plans are $5.00 to $30.00 a month. No contract. And many will give you a free android for switching, no contract.

For TV buy an antenna for $15.00 and you get 50 plus free digital over the air channels, all of the locals, NBC, CBS, ABC. Then buy or get a free Fire Stick or Roku streaming device and you can load all kinds of free channels. And of course for almost free "home" phone line use a Magic Jack device. I used to spend over $125 a month for TV and Mobile phone service and now $20.00 a month.

Nice
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by tabithababy(f): 7:42pm On May 09, 2019
Nice thread kiss
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by Isreal4real4: 8:21pm On May 09, 2019
You said people coming in with B1B2 Visa should think twice or not even consider it as a means of migrating. But I ve friends that migrated through this method and they are doing real good in the state. Working, have a car, some are even in school.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by pvaila(f): 7:41am On Jun 25, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6am2zYSmVuM

Check out this video on internships in USA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by jidetunk(m): 3:00am On Jun 26, 2020
please will #800,000 be enough to travel to usa
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by AfonjaBoston: 1:53pm On Jun 26, 2020
jidetunk:
please will #800,000 be enough to travel to usa

Yes sir just right on point to buy okporoko, crayfish, dryfish, garri and elubo for your village people there
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by Richdee1(m): 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Yes sir just right on point to buy okporoko, crayfish, dryfish, garri and elubo for your village people there

Guy why?? no why??
Lolzzz..Rotfl he just asked a simple quertion naa
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by Kampack: 3:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
Nice thread.
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by Larrydeko2987: 2:12pm On Aug 04, 2020
Tolktob:
How can someone migrate legally to USA

This is my number 1 question
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by Larrydeko2987: 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2020
eduson33:
make sure not to pay for anything upfront.
US visa cannot be guaranteed.
do your research. you can even package it yourself if you do enough research.

If you are granted a visitors visa, PLEASE do not overstay. you may regret.
better fly in, look for ways to get green card. go back at the end of your visa. (akata full everywhere wey you fit marry but choose a good one bro, I'm not in support of divorce at all)

Acquire some skills while waiting for your visa.
make friends so that when you get there you wont find things difficult.

my one cent

As a professional forklift operator with 8yrs experience how easy it is for me to get a job in US?
Re: Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants by JWTheocracy1: 6:28am On Aug 05, 2020
This thread should not be allowed to die cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rampaging Camels Cause Accident In Jigawa State (Photos) / Air Force Helicopter Crash-lands In Katsina / Nigerian Nurse & His Fiancée Die In Motor Accident 6 Weeks After Engagement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.